Than my house would be 2d, making it less confusing with 3d movies technology
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Re: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting)

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:19 am

It would change the number of houses in each letter so that an extra house of each letter could be put in, to avoid the dimension puns such as "my house is only 2D" and the like.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:15 am

Ah, I see how it works now. Yes, that probably would have avoided some terrible jokes. Unless somebody wanted to make a joke about zero dimensional houses.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:43 pm

So, I'm thinking of starting this on October 8th, then leaving signups open beyond that. Does that work for everyone?
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:05 pm

It is a long weekend in germany (Free Do, then weekend), so I might not post a char soon enough. Have to update two of my games first. Hope I can make it in time. :)
:zzz:

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Don't worry too much about it. If you need, I can extend the time before the start a bit, and it'll still be open for a while after it starts, as I said. If you need a bit longer, you can have it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:36 pm

The 8th is the day I go back to school, I think, so I will be delayed, but I should manage.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:49 am

8th is okay for me.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:19 am

Do I see it correctly that so far only 3 chars are completely made up?

Boro, fire mage
Dietro, bard
Basher, fighter

What do you thin about that:
Name: Nerre

Nerre is an arcane trickster and elementalist. During his student years in the magic academy he had a minor incident while practising a transmutation spell. Some parts of his skin, mostly the exposed ones, head and hands, ware now warped and an ugly sight. It looks like he got strong burn scars, but they do not hinder his movement or hurt. They just look shocking. As somebody already spending more time alone with books than with other people like most mages, he did socialize even less after the incident. He even ate in his room and not the dining hall. The few people he still liked to meat were his teachers, old wise man, some even archmages. He was attracted by new knowledge, especially about illusion and elemental magic, the later one being the base for transmutation spells. He also took some classes in battle magic and mind altering, but they did not catch his interesst as much as his focus classes. After his graduation as one of the best apprentice mages the academy had for quiet a while, he was not sure what to do with himself and his life. He was offered to stay and work on the academy, but he wanted to see something of the world and was not sure about the offer yet, so the smart archchancellor baited him with another offer: to go on basic missions for the academy. That way he would learn how to use his abilities better, get to know the world and still would - hopefully - come back from time to time to rethink the previous offer.

Strength: 2
Agility: 4
Vitality: 4
Will: 7
Charm: 2
Intelligence: 11

HP: 6
SP: 8
MP: 11

Spells:
1. Illusion: Creates an image according to the casters wishes. Can be held up for some time, but requieres the casters presence. Based on WILL, INT and MP spend.
2. Light/Darkness: creates light/darkness in the target area or around the target object/person. Area of affect, intensity and duration based on WILL, INT and MP spend.
3. Stone shaping: The earth obeys the caster's will, moving, shaking, bursting or forming according to the casters will. Amount of affected stone based on WILL, INT and MP spend.
4. Wind gust: The air obeys the caster, creating a gust of wind. Can vary from one strong blow to a steady breeze. Allows the target to travel faster, whirl up dirt/dust, boost jumps, defend against ranged attacks, feather fall or even move light objects, depending on the casters intention. On higher levels you can even use this spell to fly. Based on WILL, INT and MP spend.
5. Water control: target can walk on it, swim very fast or stay dry even in the water, depending on the casters intention. Can create a water shield as long the target is standing in the water. Based on WILL, INT and MP spend.
6. Heat/Cold: heats or cools an item or grants the target protection against one of both. Based on WILL, INT and MP spend.
7. Transmute: turns a little amount of one element into another one. Based on WILL, INT and MP spend.
8. Knowledge: magically provides information about an object, even magical ones. Can also be used to quick-read text. Based on WILL, INT and MP spend.
9. Stoneskin: Increases defense value. Based on WILL, INT and MP spend.
10. Storm of elements: Attack with all present elements, that quickly adapts to a targets weakness, focusing then on the element that effects the target the most. Can also be used to increase target's defense against one element. Based on WILL, INT and MP spend.
11. Mana drain: Attack, leeches MP from a target that has at least 2 MP left. Leeches always at least 1 MP more than spend. Based on WILL, INT and MP spend.

Is this ok?

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:00 am

Should be.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 am

Hm... The backstory means they're going to be from an unusual area, if magic can be developed by people there, but since there are a few places like that, accepted. And yeah, your summary of the party is pretty accurate.

Welcome aboard!

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:47 am

Thanks. :)

We don't have to be from the same area. Like in most D&D games we maybe just met somewhere on our journeys.

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 am

The main thread is up. The OOC thread will be up in a minute, but I have to finish the updated town map.

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:59 pm

I guess that leaves room for someone else to play tank....

Name: Gru-Baak Ironheart
Description: Big, green, and ugly, as most orc men are. Dozens of scars criss cross his body, from his days fighting in the arena.
History: Gru-Baak Ironheart is, was, and always has been a fighter. He's not exactly the smartest, nor nicest of people, but hey, they don't teach you to manners when your only job is killing your own kind for the amusement of others. He's a tough bastard, and hard to break, from years of being forced to fight other slaves for the amusement of their masters. It was this endurance that helped him resist his foes attacks and led to him winning many fights, and catching the eyes of important people. His owner was approached by a wealthy politician who wanted to buy Gru-Baak for use in the arena, back in his homeland. A deal was struck and Gru-Baak was chained up on the politicians return ship and on his way to his new life of fighting people until he died. Or he was, until they came under attack by pirates in the night, and the ship was destroyed in the ensuing battle. The next morning, Gru-Baak washed up on the shore of the island and after a few harrowing experiences, made it to the village...

HP: 20
SP: 18
MP: 3

Strength: 6
Agility: 4
Vitality: 14
Will: 2
Charm: 1
Intelligence: 3

Spell:
Iron Tongue (Enrages an opponent, causing it to ignore others in favor of the caster. Affects more opponents or lasts longer per MP spent)
Iron Hide (Hardens Caster's skin against attacks from enemies. Defense goes up more for every MP spent)
Iron Fist (Increases physical damage the Caster deals against opponents. Damage dealt increases through MP use)

If he's accepted then I guess he'll take up residence in 5A, a bit of a ways from the others.

EDIT: Renamed my spells. They felt a little unweildy as they were.
Last edited by Orga the Strange on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:53 am

Well, 5A appears to be taken after I assigned the NPCs houses, but 4A and 6A are empty.

Anyway, he's accepted. It's early enough that he can be put in without issue, and just have been at the village for a while, or he can be a new arrival. Up to you.

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Awesome, I guess I'll take 4A and get posting! ^,,,^
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:30 am

Eric ap Seamount (Aka the Lieutenant or LT to most people on the island)

Eric ap Seamount began life as a Thief...became a spy, and was trained as an Imperial Force Dragoon. Born in the slums of Akara, the Imperial Capitol, he somehow developed the natural magic ability to become a shadow, allowing him to have a quite lucrative career as a thief at the tender age of eight. But that career was sidelined, becoming first a spy for the Earl ap Seamount and then his adopted son. At age sixteen, he was sent to one of the lesser military colleges of the Empire and turned into an officer of the heavy mounted cavalry, or Dragoons, who's primary role is to do deep raids and intelligence gathering in enemy territory. A few months ago, the 8th Imperial Dragoons, including Eric, were sent off to assist in some far flung section of the Empire, their ship was caught in a storm and floundered. Eric, being one of the few people on board who could swim, survived by swimming to the island.

Eric still wears his uniform shirt, trousers, boots and a great jacket and a heavy cavalry saber.

Strength: 6
Agility: 6
Vitality: 5
Will: 4
Charm: 3
Intelligence: 6

Spells:
1) Force Hand: Capable of propelling any object the character touches with a guiding force, power use varies with distance of the object from the spell caster either in changes in direction or in acceleration in one direction.
2) Turn to Shadow: Eric can turn himself and the objects he is carrying, into a 'shadow' (essentially he falls out of this plane of existence into another, where he can move about and be unaffected by the world around him.) He cannot affect the world either in this state; except for light, which is distorted by his presence like a shadow. In this state, the world becomes nothing more than shadows to him, making it difficult to navigate and impossible to interact with the real world. Most objects either he passes thru or they pass thru him...though too dense an object become almost impossible to try to pass thru. (Yes to a pane of glass, no to a brick wall).
3) Friction Ring: If Eric can form a circle around an object with his body, he can cause the molecules in the object to spin causing the object to heat up, spark electricity, or boil, spell power requirement is directly related to object size
4) Force Blade: Eric can induce force through a metallic object increasing the force effect of the object when it hits another object
5) Calm Animal: Eric can calm any simple animal (especially horses) when he touches them...
6) Aural Enhancement: Eric can use the spell to filter out all other sounds and extend his ability to hear and recognize distant sounds.

And I can not see the Map at the moment, but Eric would be fairly new anyway...
Last edited by Quarg on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:07 am

If you mean the map of the town, then is it a problem with finding the OOC thread or a problem with it not showing up?

Either away, welcome aboard!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:51 am

At the moment using an internet which filters pics apparently...so can not see the pic...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:55 am

Ah, I see. Hopefully that clears up soon, as that could be an issue down the road.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:25 am

Figured out the problem...now then either 2D or 3D would work Borys wanted to change apparently, but Eric would take one of the huts by the creek...

Also I was thinking Eric would be interested in setting up a still (like he did in his military school days)or some way of brewing alcohol.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Since 3D is taken, I guess he'll probably be in 2D. I'll update the map soon to show it.