thank you!

Ok, here's Rafi the burglariser:

And I'm going back to my standard colour choice: #008080 / Teal

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Re: New Getting back game. Adventure style Sing UPS OPEN

Post by BeanDip » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:26 pm

I'll take the nice shade of purple.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:27 pm

oh I think I should be a cleric then ? since we don't have a healer
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:33 pm

askstoomuch wrote:oh I think I should be a cleric then ? since we don't have a healer
Well its up to you :) If nothing else, everyone have a "regain vitality" ability allowing them to gain 1d4 health each round out of combat, using a major action..
so cleric is for in combat health...
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Neither me nor bean have chosen anything with ranged abilities and I think we're probably both going to be slightly different shades of duel-wielder :) Having someone with decent ranged attacks would probably be good, but just make whoever you want to. We'll figure out what we're good at soon enough.

I would also like to propose that we come up with a company name to honour our newfound occupation as professional reclaimers-of-other-people's-stuff-even-though-we-have-no-proof-that-they-were-actually-robbed-in-the-first-place :D

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:50 pm

I think, personally, that you should all be melee fighters....

So you can all die faster....

^just my personal opinion..

Oh, and don't bother looking for any traps, there aren't any. He told me, honest... o:)

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:09 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
askstoomuch wrote:oh I think I should be a cleric then ? since we don't have a healer
Well its up to you :) If nothing else, everyone have a "regain vitality" ability allowing them to gain 1d4 health each round out of combat, using a major action..
Yeah, that actualy seems overpowered to me, unless you really DO want to open up the possibility of a game without a holy warrior or cleric at all. I'd recommend that only once between combats. That way they really do need to cooperate to keep their healer(s) alive.

Your game though. Might be an interesting experiment for the test game.

But really, it means they just have to survive each combat, then rest a few rounds for back to max, again without healers of any sort. Your healers are semilimited resources. The cleric has a max per turn, and the HW has a daily max. But both are giving up other powers by choosing to be healers. If players can just 'rest', then they can instead choose more combat oriented classes instead of healers. Compare: 3 players resting for 2 rounds is 6d4 healing. A HW tops out at 4+2/level for the day, and a cleric at basicaly 1/round. 6d4 average is 15. 15-6=9. So, a HW + cleric have to spend 9 rounds to do what you allow by unlimited rest. And the next combat it becomes 15 rounds. So, why choose healers? Clearly they are suboptimal, given how you have rest set up. I understand the argument for speed in a forum game; I made that argument myself. Again, the problem is it renders 2 classes suboptimal.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: New Getting back game. Adventure style Sing ups closed

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Actually, this is a good point, if you have a strong melee focused group, you could just bum-rush every battle and finish battles quickly enough to recover afterwards. Unless there can only be 1 fighter 1 caster and 1 rogue which is what i understood it to be.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:16 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:
LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
Yeah, that actualy seems overpowered to me, unless you really DO want to open up the possibility of a game without a holy warrior or cleric at all. I'd recommend that only once between combats. That way they really do need to cooperate to keep their healer(s) alive.

Your game though. Might be an interesting experiment for the test game.

But really, it means they just have to survive each combat, then rest a few rounds for back to max, again without healers of any sort. Your healers are semilimited resources. The cleric has a max per turn, and the HW has a daily max. But both are giving up other powers by choosing to be healers. If players can just 'rest', then they can instead choose more combat oriented classes instead of healers. Compare: 3 players resting for 2 rounds is 6d4 healing. A HW tops out at 4+2/level for the day, and a cleric at basicaly 1/round. 6d4 average is 15. 15-6=9. So, a HW + cleric have to spend 9 rounds to do what you allow by unlimited rest. And the next combat it becomes 15 rounds. So, why choose healers? Clearly they are suboptimal, given how you have rest set up. I understand the argument for speed in a forum game; I made that argument myself. Again, the problem is it renders 2 classes suboptimal.
I can see what you mean... maybe the regain vitality should actually only be 1/day... and not 1/combat... hmm...
A small correction, since healing for the Cleric is a minor action, he can heal 2 per round and still fight, but that's it... (4 at level 2, 6 at 3 and so one)
BadgeAddict wrote:Actually, this is a good point, if you have a strong melee focused group, you could just bum-rush every battle and finish battles quickly enough to recover afterwards. Unless there can only be 1 fighter 1 caster and 1 rogue which is what i understood it to be.
That is how it will be in the tests games (1 of each type)
In the full game I guess I'll go with a 5-6 players of self chosen classes....
-Best regards LAYF

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:32 pm

well I think I'm going for cleric, since there aren't any range based classes it seems

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:34 pm

It is a balance. 1d4 once after each combat can be players binding recent wounds. That won't get them back to full, so they will still need a healer class. But the healer won't have to spend 6 turns to get 3 players back to full either, since they will have a bind wounds head start. Plus, in combat the healer can save your life.
I can see what you mean... maybe the regain vitality should actually only be 1/day... and not 1/combat... hmm...
No. I mean you could say once a day, but earlier you said per ROUND. I'm arguing for once per combat.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:42 pm

askstoomuch wrote:well I think I'm going for cleric, since there aren't any range based classes it seems
okay :) sounds god. :)

I've added that Clerics gains: Once after each encounter, a cleric can heal Level + POW amount of health points, divided as he sees fit. This is a major action.
ThroughTheWell wrote:It is a balance. 1d4 once after each combat can be players binding recent wounds. That won't get them back to full, so they will still need a healer class. But the healer won't have to spend 6 turns to get 3 players back to full either, since they will have a bind wounds head start. Plus, in combat the healer can save your life.
You know.. I just figured out what to do with the cleric.. I'll keep the 1d4 healing for every class as 1/day..
But I'll give the cleric a better out of combat healing ability allowing him to heal Level + POW after each encounter, divided as he will.
1: In combat, the cleric can only heal a little, but still fight at the same time, so he's not a "heal bot"
2: Out of combat, everyone have a 1/day healing, hindering the worst of situations
3: the Cleric can only heal a limited amount after an encounter, hindering him having to run around and heal everyone all the time.
4: Healing will be limited, even with a healer.. forcing people to not go LEEEROOOOOY! all the time....
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Cool. Don't forget the Warriors could choose... I think you called it battle health, which is another 1 time self heal, IIRC. I want to say I stuck that on my version of a HW.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:57 pm

yep.. I still think they need to be able to choose that... since they need to be able to take punishment :)
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:15 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:yep.. I still think they need to be able to choose that... since they need to be able to take punishment :)
I agree. It is just a 5th item in your list above to take into account a party's potential total healing.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:53 pm

thinkslogically wrote:thank you!

Ok, here's Rafi the burglariser:

And I'm going back to my standard colour choice: #008080 / Teal
okay.. looked it through.. seems like you have 1 Stat point to much?
you have 7 health and 5 ATK.
You start with 5 and 0
Then you may add 4 points...
7 and 2
and then as a burglar you get + 2 ATK
so 7 and 4

Besides that. You've forgot to choose a Main skill
Players must also choose a main skill at level 1. When using that skill, they add their level to the skill check
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Oh yeah - Miscounted the stats and forgot the main skill. I've taken 1 ATT off so it's +4 base and will choose Stealth as my main skill since it's the highest.

New version is on it's way online, but might be a few minutes.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Hmm.. I'm still missing Ask's character....
hmm.. ah well.. here are the otehr 2

Anything you'd like different?
*Thinks, I let your character keep the brown robe over the leather armor, to make him different from Beans...
-Best regards LAYF

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:43 pm

I like it a lot but I feel like the helmet stops at his ears. I was wondering if you could do something that covers the head a little more, down to the chin but not covering the face so as to not block all those fun emotions.Sort of like this Celeta (also called an Open-Face Barbute) Helmet, which is actually what I imagine him wearing in my mind. Really, I guess I'm just asking you to run the gray colour down his head a little more, please.

The sword blade seems to swoop forward like a bird's-beak knife but I actually love that. It's a neat, unusual sword design and it looks really good for choppin' orcs.
Last edited by BeanDip on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:55 pm

You are letting players ask for customization of a dozen sprites?!

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:45 am

well stop being a buzzkill :lol:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:30 am

ThroughTheWell wrote:You are letting players ask for customization of a dozen sprites?!
Well.. both yes and no.. all they do making me customize 3, 1 front, one 1/3 side and a back... the lest are just manipulated of each... and it takes no more than a few minutes to make those 3.
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:57 am

BeanDip wrote:I like it a lot but I feel like the helmet stops at his ears. I was wondering if you could do something that covers the head a little more, down to the chin but not covering the face so as to not block all those fun emotions.Sort of like this Celeta (also called an Open-Face Barbute) Helmet, which is actually what I imagine him wearing in my mind. Really, I guess I'm just asking you to run the gray colour down his head a little more, please.

The sword blade seems to swoop forward like a bird's-beak knife but I actually love that. It's a neat, unusual sword design and it looks really good for choppin' orcs.
okay... here is the new one, compared to the old:
Helemt got a small top now, to emulate the height of the one you show.
it continues down the side
it have a chin piece to keep it on the head
I've remove the "eye slit" that went down in the middle.

Hope that fits your inner image :)
-Best regards LAYF

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:04 am

ok so there is a ranged class
cleric or hunter I'm cool with either what should be best for the group ?