Recruitment for Curse of Gold (5 spots open)

Nerre
Game Master

Recruitment for Curse of Gold (5 spots open)

Post by Nerre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:33 am

Hello

In my game "Curse of the gold" I lost one player due to the forum crash. The game has been running for 177 turns so far, but don't be afraid about this. The story can be summarized more easily than you would think. Also it is possible for me to send you the first 150 turns as pdf with 50 turns each, so you can read in if you want. But you don't have to, instead of taking over an old and experienced char, you can also choose to become a new recruit, which would have no knowledge of what happened, so knowing not much would even be in character. :)

The rules are loosely based on D&D, but I let out some mechanisms to make the game more flexible and easy to play.

Just PM me or post here if you are interessted.
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
:zzz:

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Looking for one more player for Curse of Gold

Post by Nerre » Fri May 10, 2013 6:24 am

LooksAtYouFunny just started in this game with his new char, but he told the players of his game he only got little time and is in no mood to run games at the moment, so he is taking off time. Does anybody want to take over his spot? You can either play his char until he is back, or come up with your own one instead, and I will keep his acting as an npc until he is back.

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Fri May 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Very interested.

If I'm accepted, I would like my own character please and thank you. :D

NAME: Cradle (Dies In The Cradle)
COLOR: #FF00BF
HP: 5
DEF: 1
ATK: 1
RATK: 0
MATK: 0
TRAITS:
Tall

SKILLS:
None

ITEMS:
None

APPEARANCE:
Cradle is that she is unusually muscular for a Goblin, especially for a female, and stands about a head taller than most. She's incredibly strong for a Goblin. Her voice surprises many for it is soft and feminine. Her face and body are covered in large, horrible scars and she is missing the tip of her right ear.

PERSONALITY:
Cradle's appearance is misleading and doesn't match her personality. She craves adventure but is full of self-doubt and worries now over the teller's warnings. She can be excitable, naive and impulsive, tends to be too trusting and is a positive idealist at heart. She can be a blabbermouth. Her excitement and passion for adventure holds the greatest place in her heart. For all her strength though, Cradle's love of adventure extends more to exploration than battle and she'd much rather run or defeat an enemy indirectly (preferably without violence) than face them in melee combat.

STORY:
Cradle was not a healthy baby when she was born in the village. She was born prematurely and was very small. Within days of her birth she caught ill and her fate was thought to be sealed. Mourners began preparations for the funeral and her mother became distraught, praying night and day for her child to live.

Through a miracle, blessing or luck Cradle recovered. She grew up and became unusually strong, healthy and tall. The teller of the village saw this as a special blessing and took the child with her, helping the child to become even stronger and healthier through rigorous training, trying to keep Cradle from Death's hands. Accidents were during training were common though and though the teller was always able to heal Cradle, the wounds left terrible, incurable scars almost as if Death was marking each time he attempted to take her.

The teller of the village took these frequent accidents as a sign that Death still stalked Cradle, angry at losing her. She warned Cradle to take caution in everything she did because Death had prepared a special place for her and forbade her from going to the Warcamp. Cradle was often sheltered away and left only to her training so as to avoid Death's gaze and wasn't allowed to undertake any dangerous activities or assignments.

But she dreamed of an adventurous life. She tried desperately to beg her way onto one of the supply boats heading to the Warcamp but no one would take her. However Cradle, high on an impulse and tired of living a sheltered life, snuck out of the village as the last supply boat left and followed it with her friend in a small, two-person canoe.

Good enough? I can change or redo anything that needs it. :)
Last edited by BeanDip on Mon May 13, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon May 13, 2013 12:50 am

Thanks for applying, you got a PM. :)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Recruitment for Curse of Gold (currently full)

Post by nikohl » Mon May 13, 2013 5:42 am

Cool character, Bean!

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Mon May 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks! :D
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:29 am

I need a new player for the rogue-character "Tinkers", who has been abandoned for around 2-3 month now.
If anybody is interested contact me, then I can give you details about him and the plot so far (some pdfs, since it is 200+ turns already).

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Recruitment for Curse of Gold (1 replacement requiered)

Post by Nerre » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:16 am

Push, still need a new player for Tinkers. Game history and help to get in included.

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Recruitment for Curse of Gold (1 replacement requiered)

Post by Nerre » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:03 am

Thanks to everybody who did write me about his interest.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:04 am

As all who had an interest jumped off or only wanted a new char, I will open the spots(s) again.

Two chars have been abandoned, as their players cannot/do not visit the forum anymore:
Tinkers (Jrlans told us he leaves the forum) <= Quarg.
Axes (Ratha has not been logged in for two month now)

If you followed the story or want to join it, those chars are up to pick. I can send the full story to you or a short version with the major events. Picking one of those means you will not start with a brand new char far weaker than most char right now, but a char with some experience. New chars would be possible, but will be far less powerful and it will be harder to catch up to the others. So you basically got two options.

- New char: Simple, don't have to read the past story, just create it. Weaker.
- Old char: Complex, you maybe should read into its skills and past story, as other players might refer to things the char did/knows. Stronger.
Last edited by Nerre on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quarg

Re: Recruitment for Curse of Gold (2 spots open)

Post by Quarg » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:13 am

I'll look into your characters...

If you don't mind, I think I will take Tinkers
if this is the current stats...

NAME: Tinkers (Tinkers too much)
COLOR: #808080
HP: 7
DEF: 5
ATK: 7?+3
RATK: 0
MATK: 0
TRAITS:
sneaky (stealth, trap disarm, lockpicking)
concealable weapons mastery 2 (+2 ATK with small concealable weapons)
swiftness (better initiative and slightly increased attack speed)
veteran (+1 ATK, +1 DEF, +1 HP)
rouge level 1 (+1ATK, +1 DAM with rouge weapons, Sneak attack, improved stealth)
favoured enemy minor undead (+1 DAM and +1 on all bluff, spot, listen, sense motive and survival checks on that kind of enemy)
silent moves 2 (-20 on listen checks for others)
immunity to undead plague (You cannot be infected anymore)
bluffing (increased chance to convince somebody of something. Chances increase if person is neutral or even friendly)
SKILLS:
basic sewing training 2
ITEMS:
1 amulet (+1 DEF)
1 ring +1 Speed
1 mysterious black dagger +2+? ATK (10 + ? g)
1 Grace's knife (+1 ATK)
2 dagger (+1 ATK)
1 heavy and long spear (-1 ATK and DAM per size category below large, which is -2 and -2 for Tinkers. Penalty does not count if enemy charges at the wielder and use is defensively. In that case: Deals damage according to the size category of the attacker, but might deal damage to the wielder for each category the attacker is larger than the wielder. Prohibits wielder to run.)
1 set of leather clothes (small, +1 DEF)
1 set of leather armor, ink stained and soaked in potions (small, +2 DEF)
1 set of stealthy clothes (goblin size) (provides a sneaking and hiding bonus)
1 dark green cape
2 bandages with healing salve
1 sets of flint to start a fire (? g)
1 set of camouflage face paint
2 sets of rags
1 arrow
1 purse
12 gold
1 potion of cure poison 5/5(? g)
1 Want's finger bone
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:38 am

And tinker has not done much since July (turn 206) apparently...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:15 am

Thanks. I now declare Tinkers Quarg's char now. :)

1 spot is still open (for Ratha's char or a new one)

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Recruitment for Curse of Gold (5 spot open)

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:39 pm

I need more players, 4-5 more could join easily. A lot of people stopped posting while stile being active in the forum elsewhere.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Recruitment for Curse of Gold (5 spots open)

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:44 pm

K,
1. Asks, Burns, Nikohl would you mind the Unicorn of Chaos joining you? :D
2. What is involved in joining exactly?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:52 pm

Take a look here. You don't have to read everything, just the part below the underlined GOBLINS caption.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40

in short: Create a char, name him, color him, gender him/her/it, choose a starting trait and where you want to start (as the players are currently split). Depending on your race you either start in the warcamp where Burns, Jacons and Zigit's chars are currently, or at the shrine of Pelor (stronghold, currently refugee camp), where Nikohl, Asks, Quargs' chars are.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:52 pm

Can my race only be Goblin?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:02 pm

No. Just tell me what you got in mind and we will try to see what fits in. :)

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:57 am

4-5 extra players? Well, count this one in, if the others do not mind.

So, just as a ballpark, can we play something like a grimlock, or are we at like kobolds. What about lizardmen? Bullywugs? Hobgoblins?
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:31 pm

Nice to have you in. :D

Lizardmen and Kobolds would be no problem, there was just a pack of troglodyte NPCs (smaller lizardmen) some of the goblins saved, and kobolds or Bullywug could be around in the refugee camp. You could easily be one of them. A normal Hobgoblin might outpower some of the other chars, but a not-that-strong hobgoblin might be possible. Or one that likes to fight with no armor which exceeds sturdy leather clothing. Something like that.

What is a grimlock? Googled it and only found some kind of T-Rex-Transformers! :D

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:02 pm

That "no armour" thing gives me an idea. So do we just submit characters now or...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:30 pm

Nerre wrote:What is a grimlock? Googled it and only found some kind of T-Rex-Transformers! :D
Grimlocks.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:04 am

Runsaround wrote:That "no armour" thing gives me an idea. So do we just submit characters now or...
Yes, just post what kind of char you want and I look at it and see how good it would fit into the current group and story arc. :)

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:45 am

Damns-us-All (Damns) was the son of a powerful hobgoblin chief whose clan was in the midst of a great decline. This tribe ignored divine magic and fortune-telling, instead focusing on a lineage of extremely experienced and observant tacticians, who were referred to as "tellers".

Damns was born in a time of great turmoil. The old and wise teller Slays-The-Dragon (It was practically a wyrmling) had died, and was replaced by the charismatic and controversial Grinds-Bones, a heavily armored warrior and veteran of a hundred battles (he claimed). When Humbles-A-Hero, Damns' father, had a child that was in very many ways average, Grinds-Bones named him Damns-Us-All, expressing his own belief that the current lineage of chiefs had failed. When Damns was only three, Humbles was a victim of a vicious coup that claimed his life. Damns watched as his father, wielding an ancient hobgoblin blade ensconced in magic, failed resoundingly to penetrate Grinds' armor and was soon after crushed beneath Grinds' greatclub.

Damns was forever scarred by this, and fled with a few retainers into the wilderness. He eventually matured into an exceedingly average hobgoblin, and was abandoned by his elders. He reached the shrine of Pelor, and therein languished until he met the goblins.

Damns' color is #400000 and he is gifted in harnessing his bitter frustration and self-hatred into a rage.

So what kind of equipment can I start with?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:34 am

Sounds fine to me. I only have to kindly ask you to change his color a bit, #400000 is already taken by Jacons char Coats. A brighter red(BF0000 or FF0000) or orange-red (FF4000) would be free for example.

Leather and bone armor sound like something somebody coming from the wildness would own. For his weapon, maybe a sword or club, made of bone or wood, with stone shard or teeth inlays? Or any club/staff of natural non-iron materials.