The keystone Chronicles

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The keystone Chronicles

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:03 am

I... Have no idea :P

In each case, if it's the former, let me know, we should have some time to make it all work still then perhaps..? If not, I can start a doodle for two weeks from now to get that figured out yes.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:15 am

Well, I might be interested if you want another player, but then again I"m going to be in the Pacific time zone in a couple of weeks.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 am

Well we're probably looking to take mostly saturdays/sundays towards the future, where most of our times should be more flexible... So that might still work out for you? I know Thinks at least should be available if we start late enough on the day.

Keep a watch on this, and once the next doodle comes out you can take a look as well..?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:27 am

Yup...I'll keep track...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:30 am

Okay, figured it out now it is actually an hour later in the US than normal until the end of March. So 20 here is 12 in California and... 15 in Florida.

Is that better or worse for next Sunday?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:36 am

I don't think it makes much of a difference? The friend that needs to leave at 7-8 at latest lives in the same timezone as me, it's just that he needs to be up at 5 AM the next morning, and I think Think was generally ok with whatever time as long as we did not start too early?

Of course, if Quarg is interested to join and available around that time, we could play with still four players and two dropouts, which would be you and probably the other friend... I don't mind pushing on a week longer to try and get as many people as possible that are interested for the first session though. (Though we'd now have six people which seems like a "healthy" amount)

Quarg, would like... Starting around 2pm CET time next week Sunday work for you..?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:38 pm

If we are talking the 17th then that's 9:00 am EST (as I will be on the east coast) and a Sunday will work for me.
If we are talking the 24th? Then that's 6:00 am PST for me and I can swing that actually because I have to get up at 5:00 am already...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:49 pm

So point, are we doing this the 17th or 24th? Or we don't know yet...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:43 pm

I think right now it's a case of "not completely sure"-itis..? If you, Thinks, Dusk and my friend are available we could do it, missing my other friend and Rodgeir, who've confirmed they wouldn't mind if they miss the first session.

So if Dusk and Thinks are still in and available and are in favor, we can do it this Sunday, yes? I'll send them a pm tomorrow if they've not noticed this by now :P

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Well then, it looks like I have some prep to do...like rolling high numbers and such...
Which I will get to on the morrow...I need to go have my sleep...

*shakes head* I've been playing a home-brew fate game for so long I need to remember half the dnd stuff...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:21 am

This Sunday works for me :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:43 pm

Hey folks, I'm super unsure if I'll make this Sunday, which I know is not a particularly helpful answer for anyone... do we have a rough idea of how long we'll be playing for? Basically, I could potentially swing 3-4 hours but I've got a bunch of other stuff going on this weekend that needs fitted in too :S

Also also, what classes / races are you guys playing?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:22 am

Half elf paladin, as suggested! You?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 am

Human wizard, with a focus on melee and ritual spells.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:38 am

I think 3-4 hours seems like an alright amount of time to spend? Wouldn't be able to spend much beyond that anyways, if one of us at least is planning to wind down at 7pm, 8pm at the latest.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:11 am

Perfect then I'm in :) m0rt what role does your buddy want to play as, do you know? Quarg?

I'm still deciding (probably a job for Saturday!)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:42 am

He hasn't decided yet. Don't worry though, I'm chasing him with a whip to get him to finish in time as well, said he's gonna do it tomorrow :P

Also don't forget: starting at level 3, and you get to pick an uncommon magic item! Just clear it by me first. :P

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:33 pm

Well, I am thinking an Eldritch Knight, although I need to see if I can sway our DM to allow me to be a Eladrin or maybe a dragonborn with the odd seasonal changing personality traits of the Eladrin...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:42 pm

Don't think I have sources on that... Any way you could find some resources online detailing those? Found an eldritch knight one and am pretty sure it's ok, but not sure if I have the right one for Eladrin.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Cloak of protection okay?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Apparently there were changes from the dungeon master's guide and what I was looking at isn't considered cannon anymore for them...
But I what I wanted to try was the four distinct personality states which can be found: http://gdnd.wikidot.com/race:eladrin

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:27 pm

I think that's the UA version of the Eladrin. The "official" version is in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. They basically made them CHA only, then removed the cantrips and tied the seasonal differences to the Fey Step ability instead.

- Ability Increase: +1 CHA
- Fey Step: 30ft bonus action teleport once per Short/Long rest
- Seasonal change: At Lv3 you gain a bonus effect for your Fey Step based on your current Season. DC equals 8 + prof + CHA modifier.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:39 pm

You could always ask Mort to let you use the UA version. There's so many different types of Eladrin now (DMG, UA, MToF), they're basically all valid.

And yay, I'm not the only one who got an 8 :lol:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Dusk9 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:39 pm You could always ask Mort to let you use the UA version. There's so many different types of Eladrin now (DMG, UA, MToF), they're basically all valid.

And yay, I'm not the only one who got an 8 :lol:
Well I would certainly prefer that...though Dragonborn might be a better choice in the end...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr