Open games and recruitments

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Open games and recruitments

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:37 am

Hello, and welcome to the open games and recruitment thread! Here you can find games looking for either new players, or games which are at all times, free to join or participate in. If you have a game that falls in either of these categories, please post to put my attention on it. :)

Open games:
These games are at all times free to post in, or free to sign up in:
Civilization IV
Myrmen
Ruined kingdom
Rebuild
Quickdeath clan
Goblins Minesweepers
Escape!
Memories
Haiku
Odd Statements
Riddles
Treasure Run
Capture the Flag Always recruiting, new games every 2-4 weeks.
Thuntworld Serial Killers (TWSK) (opens roughly once every week!)
I probably missed a bunch, sorry!

Games recruiting:
These games are currently looking for temporarily or permanently replacing an player, or adding a new player.
Curse of Gold

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Open games and recruitments

Post by Theis2 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:33 pm

I think the minesweeper one actually isn't free to join this time. And no quick reply button! :O
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:34 pm

At this current moment, but once it comes back it will be :)

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Theis2 wrote:I think the minesweeper one actually isn't free to join this time. And no quick reply button! :O
It is free, but you'll have to wait until next game to play.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Hmmm, looks like I have to check other forum parts once in a while, too.

The Minesweepers is a free to sign up game, but new players will only be able to join the next round.

However, if at least 10 player applies, I can start a parallel round for them earlier.
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Could you put TWSK on the list, with a disclaimer that it restarts roughly once a week?
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:53 am

Signups have opened for Order of The Stick (the cardgame)

Haven't figured out when they will close yet.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Nice to see my idea became a whole subsection. When I posted the thread first I was looking for a new player for my Curse of the Gold. Since it has not been put on the list, can you please do that, Mortimer?
:zzz:

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Mind adding Rebuild to open? There are only 16+ turns but every turn I need 5 actions.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:05 pm

Will you add Gods of the World to the list. Its currently recruting, and needs 3-4 players...
-Best regards LAYF

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Didn't notice this subsection until just recently.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:31 am

I am still looking for one more player in "Curse of Gold". *Sigh*
:zzz:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Hay m0rt.. Will you add the MyrMen game? with a limit of 20 players.. recruting a scharacters die, from the list of voters with 5 votes??
-Best regards LAYF

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Wed May 01, 2013 8:02 am

Hey I am interested in joining a Goblins game...

I'd like to play a half-elven, female Fighter / Wizard... anyone got an opening?

Below is her general stats int he Basic Fantasy system... not important but posted here to give an idea of what she is sort of like. Of course she would be converted or constructed in any game system the game is being played in...
----------
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by sunphoenix on Wed May 01, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Wed May 01, 2013 8:08 am

Hi phoenix. Welcome to the games forum!

I currently don't think I have a game that you can join and play as what you want, but look at the other games, they are fun too.

I will be opening a recruiting for a D&D game I'm planning in the following month or so, look at this recruitment sub-forum once in a while and you will see it one day, and many other games.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Wed May 01, 2013 8:10 am

Well this IS the Goblins site.. I'm flexible what would be an appropriate character?

I can make a goblin.. likely a paladin if I could...

Unless your meaning that your games are at a juncture that a new player would not be appropriate.
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed May 01, 2013 9:23 am

Look into Recruitment subforum. There are games, that are still recruiting.

Speaking of recruiting games, can someone add my game to the first post? Into the open games section.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Wed May 01, 2013 9:26 am

sunphoenix wrote:Well this IS the Goblins site.. I'm flexible what would be an appropriate character?

I can make a goblin.. likely a paladin if I could...

Unless your meaning that your games are at a juncture that a new player would not be appropriate.
Actually, I currently run 1 and a half games, one of which is open for all always. (The full one, not the half)

To my D&D game - I'm not sure yet what will be allowed, but I can say that I will be pretty flexible with allowed races. It's yet early to talk about it.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Wed May 01, 2013 10:31 am

Interesting.. looked at some of the open games. I'm surprised some are so... esoteric? I expected more 3rd Edition D&D type character games. Perhaps all the "traditional" {character/player - DM/Dungeon Master} D&D games are full?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Wed May 01, 2013 10:47 am

Nah.. we tend to like games that are more "open" and with simpler rules, to make Play by post more fluit... so that things dot take forever... (DnD... while posible on Forum.... works a bit slow... and even worse if rules are dissagreed on..) but there are a few DnD and a WoD game going one....
-Best regards LAYF

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:03 am

There are a few of those around but they already have players. You can follow the if you'd like to, and there might be a spot at some point in some of the games (players dropping out or other circumstances allowing a player more).

People are also trying out their own rulesets for games creating another experience than the usual D&D game. There's actually more of these kind of games than D&D games on the forum. :)

Or what LayF said.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Wed May 01, 2013 12:36 pm

sunphoenix wrote:Interesting.. looked at some of the open games. I'm surprised some are so... esoteric? I expected more 3rd Edition D&D type character games. Perhaps all the "traditional" {character/player - DM/Dungeon Master} D&D games are full?
I am thinking of re-opening my 3.5 game sometime soon, once I get my college situation handled. When I do get it back up I would be happy to include you.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Wed May 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Arydra wrote:
sunphoenix wrote:Interesting.. looked at some of the open games. I'm surprised some are so... esoteric? I expected more 3rd Edition D&D type character games. Perhaps all the "traditional" {character/player - DM/Dungeon Master} D&D games are full?
I am thinking of re-opening my 3.5 game sometime soon, once I get my college situation handled. When I do get it back up I would be happy to include you.
Thank you! :) I'm VERY interested!

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sat May 04, 2013 8:54 am

Currently looking for one player to cover Runsaround's absence in Clan Altogetha as Worf the gnoll... the position could become permanent depending on how long Runsaround is away for. Updates are between one and three a week :) Got someone :P
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

trubbol
Voices Opinions
UStream Username: Trubbol

Post by trubbol » Thu May 16, 2013 12:56 am

Well, here goes all my free time.
Hey guys! I draw art and stuff, and will probably have something new more often than not! Look here! viewtopic.php?f=28&t=460&p=130673#p130673