Vampire the Masquerade

Poll: Do we want a life game or forum game?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Live (Skype) it moves faster!
50%
Forum slower, but I don't have/want to use Skype!
50%
Don't care
No votes
Other (please suggest)
No votes

Total votes: 4

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Vampire the Masquerade

Post by Amara » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 pm

I need all people interested in the game to please PM me their email address to be added to the game's dropbox.
You can put your character sheets there, and it makes everything nice and neat and organized for game artwork/books/sheets/etc. :V
► Show Spoiler
I'm in the process of digging through my hard drive and reclaiming my old PDF list! As I reacquire them (so to speak,) they'll be thrown on to my drop box, and the player relevant PDFs will be linked below.
► Show Spoiler

links
1999 revised core book
editable character sheet I recommend foxit for these!
I'll have more links later.

Brujah clan book
Gangrel clan book
Malkavian clan book
Nosferatu clan book
Toreador clan book
Tremre clan book
Ventrue clan book
Last edited by Amara on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:55 am, edited 7 times in total.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Vampire the Masquerade

Post by gamecreator » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:20 pm

I read one play in such vampire setting and it was pretty cool. I don't know any rules, though.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:26 pm

While I would not mind to join you I ponder what actions you wish to depart upon me. I am only but a puppet in a hand that demands, and yet you taunt me so. And with something so savory to bite, I think you maybe after me tonight. You are going to try to fool us all, to put us in the traps. But I must not say anything outloud for she will know. They will all know, and then they will come after me. She is with them and wishes for our destruction, I must be cautious and get proof of these or they will be cast out as lies. She is after us, gunning for us, this I know.

I may join as a Malk......

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:28 pm

I can try to get the core books up after my dentist appointment, so that people can read through ahead of time. Would that help? C:

In general though, vampire uses a dice pool rolling system (d10s) and most rolls are two skills rolled together. For example, lockpicking might be dexterity + security, or a high tech keypad might be computers + security.
It works best when falling back on story rather than roll however; as a storyteller I've always tended to just skip over rolls occasionally to keep things flowing for the players. (For example, I see no reason to make anyone roll a check on an action they have 30% or less chance of actually failing.)

[edit] ooh Malks are fun, so much potential to do something sneaky and slip said Malks a tiny snippet of...random knowledge :>

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Truely this is of intrest to us, the dance macabre is a dance we step each night.
If youÔÇÖd be so kind as to give us a look at a schedule, so that we know what times we shall put aside for this?

IÔÇÖd love to join. But id need to know the time schedule before I say anything.
IÔÇÖd love to join as either ventru or tremera... if so is fitting, else brujar.
-Best regards LAYF

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 pm

I'd need to know everyone's schedule for a defined time; otherwise we could attempt play by post? It's possible, though a slower pace than I'd like with Vampire... but it is more reliable, and means the game is less likely to be delayed.

As for my own schedule, I have late evenings M/W/F open, mornings Tuesdays, and all day Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Hm..generally later in my time....I only post a lot now because I am on spring break.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:03 pm

Ah, same! S'why I posted this now; I have a whole week to plan! That's the hard/lengthy part for me, haha.

Well, I have the core book up for now! I'll try to get clan books and other things up later, and I'll snoop around for a uh... I'm not sure the word for what I'm looking for. A program that makes character sheets and keeps track of xp for you? I have one for Exalted, but not Vampire.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:14 pm

There are NWoD character sheets...I am unsure if that will work though

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=532340

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Looks cool, but I definitely don't have time for any more game systems at the moment :D

Just wanted to drop in and wish you luck with this though, it sounds cool!

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Ayeaka wrote:I'd need to know everyone's schedule for a defined time
I have free evenings on Monday and Wednesday and whole days on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Translated to WST it'll mean: free afternoon on Monday and Wednesday and time from late evening of previous day or midnight to late afternoon on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Aww, Schade! Perhaps next time.

Well, nWoD changed things...a lot. (Ruined vampire in my opinion, though nWoD changeling isn't bad!) I have character sheets. That's not a problem. I'd just like to make things easier on people if possible. Character sheet generators are nice. C:

I will try to get the clan books for the main clans, + the Camarilla book up when I get back. Just left the dentist and I'm currently on my phone.

So far it seems weekends may be best?

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:12 pm

I created a Nosferatue stealth monkey. But I need to think about whether I have the time to play.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:21 am

Nossies are great fun!

Sadly I can't get more books up until my PC is fixed. :c I'll try to have the clan books up as soon as I get my new motherboard and processor.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:54 am

I'd like to tenatively throw my hat into the ring, but it's somewhat conditional: I've got dial-up, meaning that, while I can (and have) played over chat clients (like AIM) or bandwidth-light tabletop clients (like MapTool), I won't be able to do anything that requires high-speed internet (Skype, or other video/voice chats). Other than that, my schedule tends to be flexible.

*is reading over the core rulebook now*

EDIT: Leaning toward a Tremere wizard, because it's been too long since I played an actual spellcaster. Out of curiosity, will Merits and Flaws be in play?
Last edited by Nioca on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:24 am

I love vtm, but I'm in the wrong timezone to try and join a live game. Have fun you guys!

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Made a Tre warlock, 8th gen, willpower 10, legaly.

I might only be able to do play by post, and I still might bug out of that due to time. Don't plan on me as a player, yet.

I'll also add that the players handdbook that you posted seems to me to contain plenty of theme, feel, and flavor, such that I think it is plenty to fire up people's imagination. In fact, I think that giving people MORE info on EXACTLY how clans act would actualy stifle imagination, as well as being a bloody long read.

Are you going to limit Celerty? A starting player could get it at 4, possibly 5 if they make sacrifices, and that is many extra actions every turn.

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:50 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:Made a Tre warlock, 8th gen, willpower 10, legaly.
Whee, double 8th-gen warlocks! :cheer:

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:31 pm

But does yours have amnesia and traumatic time traveling in their backstory? :p ;) I did it to get blood magic 3, which can temp bump generation up yet another level (to 7). I definately think your char should have priority. I just like making new chars in game systems. Speaking of which, even if I don't play, I can offer my chars up to the GM for uses as NPCs as they see fit.

Made a clanless char with a soak of 7, before armor. It could have been 9, but I wanted disiplines spread around a bit. I still have yet to make the stereotypical sexy infuential dominating type. That skillset appears a bit more spread out.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:47 pm

Wow, I leave to do family stuff and celebrate my grandmother's birthday, and suddenly this topic explodes. I see how it is! :p

I will be allowing merits and flaws, but I have a home rule with them. I'd prefer no one take more than 3 points worth on either side, and they must be balanced. (Ie if you take a 1 and a 2 point flaw, you must take the equivalent 3 points in merits.)
Why? ...because it means less exp to keep track of, and also because I once had a player try to minmax their character to oblivion and beyond with flaws.

If someone really wants a merit/flaw beyond the 3 points I'll likely allow it, but it'll be case by case.

I'd also like to have a gander over sheets as soon as possible, since I do have to come up with an excuse to stick you lot together.

I'd mostly like to get clan books up because they do have interesting clan specific merits/flaws (oh lizard limbs, I love you <3) and also alternate levels for disciplines. ...also the handbook. I really need to get that up. My PC will be fixed Monday, and once I'm not stuck typing on an iPad I'll be able to get story details up as well, important npcs, and so forth. I really didn't anticipate my motherboard exploding when I made this topic. :c

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:30 am

Sadly im with burns on the time thing.. so i wont be able to join... I only have tiem for Plya by post games.. and, well VtM gets a little slow that way...
But if you post the game records, ill be reading with intrest...
-Best regards LAYF

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:53 am

??? I don't recall saying I wouldn't join. That is news to me!

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:02 am

But you did say something like you will have no time.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:07 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:??? I don't recall saying I wouldn't join. That is news to me!
It was only the time thing i refared to..... sorry for the confusion.... :wall:
-Best regards LAYF

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:57 am

Well, I get my computer parts today, so as soon as everything is up and running, I'll have more books up. With my group project winding down tomorrow (or with me crashing in to the brick wall of deadline head on,) I should have more time to get things rolling proper.