Storm Kings Thunder

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Storm Kings Thunder

Post by Jacon » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Hello again, no time no see. I was thinking about trying to run a online game of Storm Kings Thunder, an official dnd module from wizards of the coast. I wanted to see if their was any interest in running it. I have access to online maps for the module so I think I can do map visuals for it and I might consider doing it on roll20 but I haven't used that online program yet so it's something wary of. I might just run on this forum.

So the story summery is that something has gone awry in the land of the forgotten realms. The giants are acting out. Hill giants are raiding more farms than usual, Fire giants roam the land carrying massive scepters and digging tools. Frost giant ships have been spotted on the coasts and the mighty flying fortress of the sky giants are now becoming a common sight. With the giants becoming an increasing threat the realm calls for heroes to help deal with increase giant hostility and find peace amongst the larger and the smaller people.

You'd be starting at level one. No Homebrew but your allowed to use Volos races and any additional official content.
I think i'd be aiming to update once every day/two days which means i'd expect at least one post within that time frame.

So who's interested.

EDIT: For roll20 info. Am in eastern time zone and could do any time between 4 and eight on any day. ( Works ends at 3 for me usually.)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Storm Kings Thunder

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Hey jacon! Long time no see :)

Short answer, is yes I'd totally be interested, but I'm away this weekend and then off to sea for field work for two and a half weeks so I don't want to sign up to anything new for a while because I won't be around much.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:34 am

If I had not already both played and dm'ed it I would be onboard...
Just wanted to say that it is an awesome game, and I think anyone who have not tried it, dnd 5e or roll20 should give it a chance and try.
-Best regards LAYF

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:14 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Hey jacon! Long time no see :)

Short answer, is yes I'd totally be interested, but I'm away this weekend and then off to sea for field work for two and a half weeks so I don't want to sign up to anything new for a while because I won't be around much.
Am not on a time frame for this so i'd be willing to wait but that's only if theirs enough actual interest in playing it. ( I'd need at least 4 players to really run storm kings.)

Also if theirs any roll20 games going on here that have opening, i'd be interested, I haven't played in a while and i'd like to get back into it plus get some experience with roll20

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Very torn. I want to play, but I'm already in a RL campaign, DMing one on the forum, and playing in two others, one of which is also on roll20. I think that might be a bit much to commit to joining another, though the Persuasion DC would probably be fairly low... ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Yeah, I don't know if I'd have time for a 3rd "real time" game (I think that would be pushing the limits of what Kev will be ok with), but I could defos do a forum version.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:42 pm

Forum would be more doable, but doesn't take advantage of Jacon having access to maps and such as much.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Nope that's true. Though if we all end up on EST I could probably do a weeknight.

Edit: can definitely do a weeknight.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Am hesitant on running a forum run game because its alot of going through rooms. Ive done it with forum games and its slows down to a crawl. Takes a week to search a three room house that doesn't really have much in it to begin with.
I can do it and just use imageshack for the maps and such though.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Hey, was this game still a possibility? I'm definitely still interested and can do roll20 no problem if that's the preference.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:06 am

It's not my favorite module, but I'd probably play.

Raginmund
Remains Silent

Post by Raginmund » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Hoping to jump on board for an introductory game here. I only have the basic books and access to UA and such. I'm not really set up for roll20 but would love a PbP game. Daily posting won't be problematic and I tend towards playing warriors and rogues.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Hey, welcome to the forums :)