Fantasy Comic game - STEP 3 turn 1 of recruitment

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:14 am

Okay. So since all has responded i feel like we move on to:
STEP 2:
Gives all of you a slightly altered version of the same situation.
One situation for each player.

As you will see below, IÔÇÖve used your first step responses to see how this one should start.

For instance, Badges character (that needs a name btw) was attacked by pigeons as he took some food, in this case, it is arrows fired as he picks up a sword.
For Thoman (Lursks character) he came with a wagon and went around and paied exactly what is needed for each ware. In this case, he has made sure you bought bags, but with the limited space, he takes good time making sure only to take the right items.
And Gathers decided on a more innocent animal like creature and ended up taking an apple, so I had it feel disinterest in the treasures until it found something that looked like delicious fruit

Now Ive rolled Simi randomly for all of you. (Random, but it had to be a circle, so situation had the same combination of characters)

Now, in step 2, turn 1. You must all react to the situation assigned to you, in each situation, another character has taken first action in the treasure room, this action CANNOT be changed, what you must do is describe what happens from here on.
When all has done that. IÔÇÖll say it is turn 2. That will allow the other character to respond. Making it a ÔÇ£two playerÔÇØ experience. In turn 2, that player may change what happened in turn 1, to make it fit more with his character. Just remember to ÔÇ£give space, step down and step upÔÇØ when need be. IÔÇÖll repeat this when it is turn 2.
But do not respond to step 2, turn 1 replies before I say it is turn two.

The one who should react is mentioned first in the quote.
It is arranged alphabetically for your sake :)
Badge After a week of traveling together, you and Thomas (Lurks character) finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Thomas looks to you, then looks at the small bags you bought with you That was more than expected We will have to come back later with a wagon! But No reason to leave empty handed. He walks around, looking long and hard at everything, picking up twenty items and putting them down again, for each one he put in the bag. Thomas is not the type to do a bad barging, even if the stuff is free.

What happens next Badge?
Gathers After a week of traveling together, you and Joe (Quargs character) finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Joe looks at the gold with suspicion You dont have a ten-foot pole on you do you? No! okay he says, picking up a small rock from the floor, the tosses it over, knocking down a small stack of god coins, he then ducks quickly.. Waits. Nothing happens Satisfied he goes over and grabs a few coins into his purse

What happens next Gathers?
Lurks After a week of traveling together, you and Jo (Thinks character) finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Jo looks around, pride in his eyes he looks at you We made it we made it!!! as he starts to run around, screaming in excitement he does not notes what you see, shadows.. Shadows reveal that someone are moving in on the both of you from all corners of the room.

What happens next Lurks?

Quarg After a week of traveling together, you and your companion(Badges character) finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Your companion looks at the gold, then he sees a beautiful master crafted sword, without a word, he draws his own old dull blade. Looks at you and smiles, ÔÇ£Asword in exchange for a sword... Seams reasonable right?ÔÇØ as he places down his old sword and picks up the other, you hear a click! Then a huge CLUNK! As a stone door falls down behind you, blocking the way you came from, at the same time a barrage of arrows starts flying around the room, two of them heading straight for your companion (Badges character)

What happens next Quarg?
Thinks After a week of traveling together, you and Jake (Wears character) finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Jakes eyes opens wide and his jaws drops Wooooaaa! Would you look at all that treasure! Wohooo! he yells as he halfway dances into the room, not able to contain himself he cannot even decide what to take. A sword? Coins? A crown there are so many things he cannot decide, finally his eyes settles on a golden scepter, he pulls it free from the pile of gold coins it stands in, then looks at you and says This is too good to be true right?

What happens next Thinks?
Wears After a week of traveling together, you and the ramblefrunk (Gathers character) finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
The ramblefrunk does not look impressed with all the gold, no the least. But seeing your excitement it decides to check out the things in the cave, flying around it suddenly spots a few rubies, licking its mouth, thinking it has found a nice pile of fruit the small creature flies down and picks up one of the shiny stones!

What happens next Wears?

Step 2, Turn 1.
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7025
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by WearsHats » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:52 am

Wears After a week of traveling together, you and the ramblefrunk (Gathers character) finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
The ramblefrunk does not look impressed with all the gold, no the least. But seeing your excitement it decides to check out the things in the cave, flying around it suddenly spots a few rubies, licking its mouth, thinking it has found a nice pile of fruit the small creature flies down and picks up one of the shiny stones!

What happens next Wears?
Jake dances around the room. The treasure at last! And treasure well earned, too. But, though he is cheerful, excitable, and without guile, he is not entirely without good sense. They had to get past many traps and dangers to get to this room. "Hold up a moment, my friend. Let's make sure it's safe first. Then we can indulge ourselves." He moves around the room checking for further traps. Perhaps not as thoroughly or expertly as some might, but it's more than a perfunctory search.

(I'm confused by what we're allowed to change. Can you expand on that?)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4766

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:53 am

The ramblefrunk casually flies to where the pebble landed, picks it up and returns it to Joe, who could swear it was grinning and kind of wagging its whole butt as it patiently hovers before him.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:00 am

WearsHats wrote:
(I'm confused by what we're allowed to change. Can you expand on that?)
Well, you cannot change what happened before Step two turn 1. But you may describe all actions, including those of other players, the room an monsters. So if you feel there should be a trap or such, you make it so.

In step two, turn 2. You will be allowed to change stuff from step 2 turn 1, so that others fits better with your character but still allows for the other players actions. In this step you could change the outcome of a trap described in turn 1. But must be more aware.. That's the "step up/back down" thing I've talked about.
You have a lot of creative freedom, but must remember, it's a game for.more than one player...


Or simply put, you control the scene...
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by Quarg » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:14 am

OOC: Er...not sure how to handle this but I will try...

The whole damn mission Joe had been wanting to strangle the git. Always wanting to be first, always wanting the best of the stuff found, but always losing focus what they were actually doing at that moment. And once again this git focused on grabbing the best piece of loot visible, ignoring that they had agreed to search for traps first only moments before.

Unless he already knows and doesn't care...popped into Joe's head standing there, watching the 'transaction' with a scowling face.

"Didn't your mother teach you not to take strange weapons from st...." Joe commented as the git picked up the blade. Joe stopped mid sentence as the sound of the click echoed through the room and all of Joe's deeply held anxieties sprung up. "Huh? how in the hell did you miss such an obvious trap!" He heard himself scream as the stone slammed down behind them and as arrows were flung out from whatever trap had launched them.

He swore silently as he crouched into a small ball on the floor to avoid being punctured by the arrows himself, and watched with fascination at the two flew towards his companion.
If he set this trap off knowingly, then he knows the arrows are there... went through Joe's head. Of course there wasn't much he could do besides throw himself into the path of the arrows. Which maybe what you want eh?" popped into Joe's mind.

One of arrows slammed into the git and he was tossed into a pile of treasure. The second arrow missed due to the kinetics of the git's body caused by the first.

Joe just thought Well if you did trap me in here...you just paid for it with that hit... Joe spoke up, "Damn, that appeared to hurt...it seems our host wants us to pay in blood for his baubles. Hold on for a moment..."

Joe remained crouched and slid over towards the wounded git. "Well, I'm not a pretty nurse but I suppose I'll have to do, eh?"
Joe began to look over the wound and see what he could do to help his companion.
Last edited by Quarg on Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:52 am

Quarg wrote:OOC: Er...not sure how to handle this but I will try....
No problem, you replied fully within the few boundaries there are...
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7025
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by WearsHats » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:29 pm

Okay, so I'm the storyteller for my section, controlling events but primarily from the POV of my character. But I can write what's going on with the plot and events and other characters while it's my turn. As long as I keep everyone in character, and mindful that the next person in line can make minor alterations to what I've done. I was still in more of a mindset that you're the GM. This will indeed take cooperation, trust, and good will. I can't do much now, since I'm out with the family, but I'll try to be more expansive in the future.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5383
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:29 pm

((Hope this fits the bill.))

Thomas reaches out and firmly grabs Jo's shoulder, firmly anchoring him to the ground. "We're not alone, Jo." he says quietly. "Just be quiet and let me deal with this. If you picked anything up, put it back now."
He lifts the lantern a little higher to fully illuminate the room. 8 or so small men, dressed mainly in greens and browns are revealed, silently gliding forward. They all appear to armed with a stout club of twisted oak, well polished. They are bearded and mainly brown haired or red headed, all except for one elderly gent, who's hair has all turned white.
Jo quickly empties back out his pockets, not only dumping out the treasure he picked up, but what few coins he had in his pockets. Thomas nods approvingly of this as this causes the little men to hesitate.
Thomas turns to the eldest and quietly addresses them. "Your pardon little masters. We not be knowing that the map led to claimed treasure. We thought it be an abandoned dragon's horde when we bought it. Allow us to apologize fer trespassin' by sharing a drink of our whiskey with ye." At this, he pulls out a large jug of his homebrew (a very potent homebrew), takes a small swig, hands it to Jo, who takes a deeper swig and promptly starts turning red, eyes tearing and coughing. Thomas rescues the jug from Jo and offers it to the elder.
At the mention of whiskey, the little men perked up and looked to their leader for direction. He raises one hand to signal for them to wait. At the offer of the drink and the demonstration of its (relative) safety and potency, he strokes his beard and finally speaks. "Normally we deal sternly with those who trepass in our vaults, stranger, but ye be gracious and fair spoken. Perhaps it's as you said a misunderstanding. For a taste of your tipple, we'll overlook the incident." He adds with a twinkle in his eye, "And, perhaps, if we find it good enough, you might even be rewarded. Good strong drink be hard to find in these times. We might even consider a customage."

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:39 pm

WearsHats wrote:Okay, so I'm the storyteller for my section, controlling events but primarily from the POV of my character. But I can write what's going on with the plot and events and other characters while it's my turn. As long as I keep everyone in character, and mindful that the next person in line can make minor alterations to what I've done. I was still in more of a mindset that you're the GM. This will indeed take cooperation, trust, and good will. I can't do much now, since I'm out with the family, but I'll try to be more expansive in the future.
True... While I am a sort of GM, I'm mostly there to direct the main story, add the environment and setups for each scene as well as resolve conflicts. but i will avoid the later as much as possible in this "selection" phase, as i wish to see how you guys write and "play together"...
In the real game, i will be more active as a GM, but will still let you guys make a major impact on the story.

About not having time now, don't sweat it... ill give step 2 lots of time, and if anyone need to change something, it is still open for that.
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:06 am

Badge After a week of traveling together, you and Thomas (Lurks character) finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Thomas looks to you, then looks at the small bags you brought with you That was more than expected We will have to come back later with a wagon! But No reason to leave empty handed. He walks around, looking long and hard at everything, picking up twenty items and putting them down again, for each one he put in the bag. Thomas is not the type to do a bad barging, even if the stuff is free.

What happens next Badge?
Joey rolled his eyes at the ineptitude of Thomas and began to remove his clothes. By the time Thomas looked back at him after collecting a few choice items, Joey was stripped down to a point only his mother was unashamed to look at. The startled look on Thomas' face was a common thing for Joey to see and he calmly responded "Impressive, isn't." He was speaking of his ability to make extra sacks out of his clothes. (Not something dirty like you were thinking). As he stood there butt nekkid, he scooped up piles of glittering gold coins into tied off pant legs and the bundle of his cloak and shirt. It was as he was bending over for the one hundredth time to pick up a "oh, so shiny", that Thomas had had enough and gave his nekkid bottom a firm kick, launching him across the golden piles of coins that lay in large heaps upon the floor.

As Joey lifted up his eyes from the spot he laid sprawled on the floor, he was so overcome by what he saw that tears came unbidden to his eyes. A sword made entirely of a blue diamond hovered slightly above a small square block alter, as if waiting for someone...like him, to grab hold of it. Not wasting any time, he grabbed hold of the sword and in that moment, something out of this world happened. The gold which had laid in neat little piles upon the floor floated into the air and then flew toward him. It happened so fast that he threw up his arms to block his precious face, afraid that the coins were attacking him, but on a second look, it appeared as though they were in his inventory...he paused...confused, he had an inventory?

Joey and Thomas looked at one another dumbfounded, and then a creeper exploded...
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5383
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:56 am

(( :chuckle: I might have to set up a Minecraft or Technic game with you after that one. I'd have to figure out a time and theme, though.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14773
Location: Florida

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:53 am

Sorry for the delay in posting here, I haven't forgotten I've just been busy! I'll get something up tonight.

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:55 am

No problem.
As said, use the time needed :)
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14773
Location: Florida

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Jo is already knee-deep in the piles of gold and gems, but he turns around when Jake speaks and the sight makes him gasp in surprise. Bathed in a pool of light from above, Jake looks for all the world like he's wearing a rich, heavy cloak, and a swirling crown of light sits on his brow. Jo stares for a moment in wonder, then remembers why he's here.

"Ummm... I think you should keep hold of that.

Now come on! Stop screwing around and help me find the stuff for Ted and Mae! If there's anywhere in the world we're going to be able to find a solid gold toolset it'll be in here!"
, says Jo.

"Jo... You DO realise that you could use this gold to-"
"I can melt this down to MAKE one! Jake, you're a genius!"
"...Well at least one of us is..."

--------------------------------------------

((Apologies for making you wait so long for such an underwhelming update. Turns out I don't actually like Jo very much and writing him is just hard...))

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:42 am

Don't worry about it Thinks.
I did say i wanted you guys to have the time you needed.
About not liking your character, The only limitation is his advantages and disadvantages, his name you could have him change (like Fumbles did) and character development is fully allowed :)


STEP 2 TURN 2
Now. With all replies in, I would in the real game had made rulings if needed, suggestions where I saw them fit, Information if any was revealed, answered questions and have given odds if anything needed to be randomized.
But this is not the real game, so i wont do any of that here in Step 2, I think ill use a bit of it in Step 3. But for now, i want to give you guys free range, to see what you make of it.

So, that was Step 2 Turn 1. In step 2 Turn 2, Each player gets a change to reply to the other players reaction. You should now reply and add your own reaction, but you are also allowed to change anything written in Bold Italic, so that you think it fits your character, the situation and the style more. But remember, when you do this you must also respect the other player. Had it been the real game, you could talk back and forth, but not in these "Test rounds"

Just as before, I've collected the Situations in Quotation boxes, Each box informing who should reply to what. (in alphabetic order again.)
Just as last time, you the time you need (But if its more than a week I'd like to know at least)


FOR BADGE
After a week of traveling together, Joe and Joey finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Joey looks at the gold, then he sees a beautiful master crafted sword, without a word, he draws his own old dull blade. Looks at you and smiles, ÔÇ£Asword in exchange for a sword... Seams reasonable right?ÔÇØ as he places down his old sword and picks up the other, you hear a click! Then a huge CLUNK! As a stone door falls down behind you, blocking the way you came from, at the same time a barrage of arrows starts flying around the room, two of them heading straight for Joey.

The whole damn mission Joe had been wanting to strangle the git. Always wanting to be first, always wanting the best of the stuff found, but always losing focus what they were actually doing at that moment. And once again this git focused on grabbing the best piece of loot visible, ignoring that they had agreed to search for traps first only moments before.

Unless he already knows and doesn't care...popped into Joe's head standing there, watching the 'transaction' with a scowling face.

"Didn't your mother teach you not to take strange weapons from st...." Joe commented as the git picked up the blade. Joe stopped mid sentence as the sound of the click echoed through the room and all of Joe's deeply held anxieties sprung up. "Huh? how in the hell did you miss such an obvious trap!" He heard himself scream as the stone slammed down behind them and as arrows were flung out from whatever trap had launched them.

He swore silently as he crouched into a small ball on the floor to avoid being punctured by the arrows himself, and watched with fascination at the two flew towards his companion.
If he set this trap off knowingly, then he knows the arrows are there... went through Joe's head. Of course there wasn't much he could do besides throw himself into the path of the arrows. Which maybe what you want eh?" popped into Joe's mind.

One of arrows slammed into the git and he was tossed into a pile of treasure. The second arrow missed due to the kinetics of the git's body caused by the first.

Joe just thought Well if you did trap me in here...you just paid for it with that hit... Joe spoke up, "Damn, that appeared to hurt...it seems our host wants us to pay in blood for his baubles. Hold on for a moment..."

Joe remained crouched and slid over towards the wounded git. "Well, I'm not a pretty nurse but I suppose I'll have to do, eh?"
Joe began to look over the wound and see what he could do to help his companion.


So, what happened and will happen Badge?
FOR GATHERS
After a week of traveling together, Jake and the ramblefrunk finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
The ramblefrunk does not look impressed with all the gold, no the least. But seeing your excitement it decides to check out the things in the cave, flying around it suddenly spots a few rubies, licking its mouth, thinking it has found a nice pile of fruit the small creature flies down and picks up one of the shiny stones!

Jake dances around the room. The treasure at last! And treasure well earned, too. But, though he is cheerful, excitable, and without guile, he is not entirely without good sense. They had to get past many traps and dangers to get to this room. "Hold up a moment, my friend. Let's make sure it's safe first. Then we can indulge ourselves." He moves around the room checking for further traps. Perhaps not as thoroughly or expertly as some might, but it's more than a perfunctory search.

So, what happened and will happen Gathers?
FOR LURKS
After a week of traveling together, Joey and Thomas finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Thomas looks to you, then looks at the small bags you bought with you That was more than expected We will have to come back later with a wagon! But No reason to leave empty handed. He walks around, looking long and hard at everything, picking up twenty items and putting them down again, for each one he put in the bag. Thomas is not the type to do a bad barging, even if the stuff is free.

Joey rolled his eyes at the ineptitude of Thomas and began to remove his clothes. By the time Thomas looked back at him after collecting a few choice items, Joey was stripped down to a point only his mother was unashamed to look at. The startled look on Thomas' face was a common thing for Joey to see and he calmly responded "Impressive, isn't." He was speaking of his ability to make extra sacks out of his clothes. (Not something dirty like you were thinking). As he stood there butt nekkid, he scooped up piles of glittering gold coins into tied off pant legs and the bundle of his cloak and shirt. It was as he was bending over for the one hundredth time to pick up a "oh, so shiny", that Thomas had had enough and gave his nekkid bottom a firm kick, launching him across the golden piles of coins that lay in large heaps upon the floor.

As Joey lifted up his eyes from the spot he laid sprawled on the floor, he was so overcome by what he saw that tears came unbidden to his eyes. A sword made entirely of a blue diamond hovered slightly above a small square block alter, as if waiting for someone...like him, to grab hold of it. Not wasting any time, he grabbed hold of the sword and in that moment, something out of this world happened. The gold which had laid in neat little piles upon the floor floated into the air and then flew toward him. It happened so fast that he threw up his arms to block his precious face, afraid that the coins were attacking him, but on a second look, it appeared as though they were in his inventory...he paused...confused, he had an inventory?

Joey and Thomas looked at one another dumbfounded, and then a creeper exploded...


So, what happened and will happen Lurks?
FOR QUARG
After a week of traveling together, the ramblefrunk and Joe finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Joe looks at the gold with suspicion You dont have a ten-foot pole on you do you? No! okay he says, picking up a small rock from the floor, the tosses it over, knocking down a small stack of god coins, he then ducks quickly.. Waits. Nothing happens Satisfied he goes over and grabs a few coins into his purse

The ramblefrunk casually flies to where the pebble landed, picks it up and returns it to Joe, who could swear it was grinning and kind of wagging its whole butt as it patiently hovers before him.

So, what happened and will happen Quarg?
FOR THINKS
After a week of traveling together, Thomas and Jo finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Jo looks around, pride in his eyes he looks at you We made it we made it!!! as he starts to run around, screaming in excitement he does not notes what you see, shadows.. Shadows reveal that someone are moving in on the both of you from all corners of the room.

Thomas reaches out and firmly grabs Jo's shoulder, firmly anchoring him to the ground. "We're not alone, Jo." he says quietly. "Just be quiet and let me deal with this. If you picked anything up, put it back now."
He lifts the lantern a little higher to fully illuminate the room. 8 or so small men, dressed mainly in greens and browns are revealed, silently gliding forward. They all appear to armed with a stout club of twisted oak, well polished. They are bearded and mainly brown haired or red headed, all except for one elderly gent, who's hair has all turned white.
Jo quickly empties back out his pockets, not only dumping out the treasure he picked up, but what few coins he had in his pockets. Thomas nods approvingly of this as this causes the little men to hesitate.
Thomas turns to the eldest and quietly addresses them. "Your pardon little masters. We not be knowing that the map led to claimed treasure. We thought it be an abandoned dragon's horde when we bought it. Allow us to apologize fer trespassin' by sharing a drink of our whiskey with ye." At this, he pulls out a large jug of his homebrew (a very potent homebrew), takes a small swig, hands it to Jo, who takes a deeper swig and promptly starts turning red, eyes tearing and coughing. Thomas rescues the jug from Jo and offers it to the elder.
At the mention of whiskey, the little men perked up and looked to their leader for direction. He raises one hand to signal for them to wait. At the offer of the drink and the demonstration of its (relative) safety and potency, he strokes his beard and finally speaks. "Normally we deal sternly with those who trepass in our vaults, stranger, but ye be gracious and fair spoken. Perhaps it's as you said a misunderstanding. For a taste of your tipple, we'll overlook the incident." He adds with a twinkle in his eye, "And, perhaps, if we find it good enough, you might even be rewarded. Good strong drink be hard to find in these times. We might even consider a customage."


So, what happened and will happen Thinks?

FOR WEARS
After a week of traveling together, Jo and Jake finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Jakes eyes opens wide and his jaws drops Wooooaaa! Would you look at all that treasure! Wohooo! he yells as he halfway dances into the room, not able to contain himself he cannot even decide what to take. A sword? Coins? A crown there are so many things he cannot decide, finally his eyes settles on a golden scepter, he pulls it free from the pile of gold coins it stands in, then looks at you and says This is too good to be true right?

Jo is already knee-deep in the piles of gold and gems, but he turns around when Jake speaks and the sight makes him gasp in surprise. Bathed in a pool of light from above, Jake looks for all the world like he's wearing a rich, heavy cloak, and a swirling crown of light sits on his brow. Jo stares for a moment in wonder, then remembers why he's here.

"Ummm... I think you should keep hold of that.

Now come on! Stop screwing around and help me find the stuff for Ted and Mae! If there's anywhere in the world we're going to be able to find a solid gold toolset it'll be in here!"
, says Jo.

"Jo... You DO realise that you could use this gold to-"
"I can melt this down to MAKE one! Jake, you're a genius!"
"...Well at least one of us is..."


So, what happened and will happen Wears?
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:35 am

Joey let out a combination of a groan and a whimper as he touched the shaft of the arrow that protruded from his shoulder. "I bet I can pull it out faster." He said, while wincing through his teeth. Grabbing hold of the shaft, he tugged a bit, accidentally snapping off the feathery end and then almost passing out. Not to give up the chance to cause him more pain, Joe grabbed the arrow just above the business end and yanked. Joey screamed "Mommy!" before blacking out.

He awoke with a start...cold sweat clinging to his body. He found himself laying in a very empty cave, no coin or sword or gemstone in sight. His shoulder twinged at his movement and he found that it had been carefully wrapped, the arrow removed from his shoulder. The Stone that had come down over the door was removed and as he made to stand up, a note fluttered to the ground and a few coins tinkled to the cave floor.

Joey picked up the note and read it...

Joey,

The arrow must have been poisoned as you've been feverish for days and have been screaming off and on every few hours. I'm no nurse, but I couldn't just let you die and start stinking up the cave, so I bandaged you up as best I could. Not too long after you passed out I found out how to open the door. There wasn't much more that I could do to help you, so after I removed the rest of the traps in the cave I went back to town, bought a few wagons and returned..you were still asleep so I went ahead and loaded your share into the wagons too. I went ahead and paid myself for taking care of you and loading all the treasure into the wagons out of your cut, the rest is yours.
Joe

Joey carefully picked up the coins from where they had fallen to the cavern floor and slowly counted them....Joe had only left him three gold coins...
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by Quarg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:15 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Joey let out a combination of a groan and a whimper as he touched the shaft of the arrow that protruded from his shoulder. "I bet I can pull it out faster." He said, while wincing through his teeth. Grabbing hold of the shaft, he tugged a bit, accidentally snapping off the feathery end and then almost passing out. Not to give up the chance to cause him more pain, Joe grabbed the arrow just above the business end and yanked. Joey screamed "Mommy!" before blacking out.

He awoke with a start...cold sweat slinging to his body. He found himself laying in a very empty cave, no coin or sword or gemstone in sight. His shoulder twinged at his movement and he found that it had been carefully wrapped, the arrow removed from his shoulder. The Stone that had come down over the door was removed and as he made to stand up, a note fluttered to the ground and a few coins tinkled to the ground.

Joey picked up the note and read it...

Joey,

The arrow must have been poisoned as you've been feverish for days and have been screaming off and on every few hours. I'm no nurse, but I couldn't just let you die and start stinking up the cave, so I bandaged you up as best I could. Not too long after you passed out I found out how to open the door. There wasn't much more that I could do to help you, so after I removed the rest of the traps in the cave I went back to town, bought a few wagons and returned..you were still asleep so I went ahead and loaded your share into the wagons too. I went ahead and paid myself for taking care of you and loading all the treasure into the wagons out of you cut, the rest is yours.
Joe

Joey carefully picked up the coins from where they had fallen to the cavern floor and slowly counted them....Joe had only left him three gold coins...
OOC: :lol: I didn't know we were in a Dashiell Hammett story...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7025
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by WearsHats » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:19 pm

After a week of traveling together, Jo and Jake finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
Jakes eyes opens wide and his jaws drops Wooooaaa! Would you look at all that treasure! Wohooo! he yells as he halfway dances into the room, not able to contain himself he cannot even decide what to take. A sword? Coins? A crown there are so many things he cannot decide, finally his eyes settles on a golden scepter, he pulls it free from the pile of gold coins it stands in, then looks at you and says This is too good to be true right?

Jo is already knee-deep in the piles of gold and gems, but he turns around when Jake speaks and the sight makes him gasp in surprise. Bathed in a pool of light from above, Jake looks for all the world like he's wearing a rich, heavy cloak, and a swirling crown of light sits on his brow. Jo stares for a moment in wonder, then remembers why he's here.

"Ummm... I think you should keep hold of that.

Now come on! Stop screwing around and help me find the stuff for Ted and Mae! If there's anywhere in the world we're going to be able to find a solid gold toolset it'll be in here!"
, says Jo.

"Jo... You DO realise that you could use this gold to-"
"I can melt this down to MAKE one! Jake, you're a genius!"
"...Well at least one of us is..."
"Thanks! I'm still not sure why they want solid gold tools. Gold isn't very durable. But if that's what they said, that's what we'll get for them. And I'll keep looking. Finding a set ready-made would be cheaper and easier. You never know!" Jake tucks the scepter into his belt, and the naive pair continue the search.

"Hey! Over here!" Jake calls out suddenly.

Jo rushes over. "You found it!" A solid gold tool set, in pristine condition. Mae and Ted would never believe it.

"So, what else should we take? We can't carry it all. But it would be a shame to leave all these beautiful things behind. And think of all the books we could buy with these coins! Why, I bet I'd be able to open my own bookstore! Aww, but then I'd have to sell them. But then I could buy new books! Aww, but then I'd have to stay at the store instead of wandering and exploring everywhere. Oh, unless I hire someone to take care of the store while I'm gone! What are you going to do with your share, Jo? You could have your own place instead of working for Mae and Ted, you know..." Jake darts around the room, cheerfully stuffing things into his pockets and pack almost at random as they catch his eye, still unaware of the scepter's effect.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4766

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:03 am

LAYF wrote: FOR GATHERS
After a week of traveling together, Jake and the ramblefrunk finally make it to the cave youÔÇÖve been searching for. Using the map provided to you by the old rogue, you navigate its twisted tunnels and avoid its dangerous traps.
Until finally, you arrive at the door youÔÇÖve been told of! Holding up the map, the inscription on its pages start to light up, then the map burst into flames and so does the door!
As it incinerates it leaves the doorframe intact, opening up to a vision worthy of gods, on the other side. Gold, gold beyond your wildest dreams!
The ramblefrunk does not look impressed with all the gold, no the least. But seeing your excitement it decides to check out the things in the cave, flying around it suddenly spots a few rubies, licking its mouth, thinking it has found a nice pile of fruit the small creature flies down and picks up one of the shiny stones!

Jake dances around the room. The treasure at last! And treasure well earned, too. But, though he is cheerful, excitable, and without guile, he is not entirely without good sense. They had to get past many traps and dangers to get to this room. "Hold up a moment, my friend. Let's make sure it's safe first. Then we can indulge ourselves." He moves around the room checking for further traps. Perhaps not as thoroughly or expertly as some might, but it's more than a perfunctory search.

So, what happened and will happen Gathers?
The ramblefrunk tries to chew the ruby, and when unsuccessful, just swallows it whole. At the warning tone in the voice of the human creature, the ramblefrunk flies back over to Jake and lands on his shoulder, sitting there, perched and watchful.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Isle of Starlight!
Hunters of Letrua: Loki "Boarstrangler" - Obsidian portal page
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14773
Location: Florida

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:23 am

Jo looks incredulously at at Thomas's rebuke.

"Oh what? We paid for this map! This treasure should be ours!"

He refuses the offered drink and instead stuffs his hands in his pockets sulkily as he empties almost everything he took back out onto the floor. After all, what the old man doesn't know won't hurt him, and he really doesn't want to go home with nothing after all the effort it cost them to get here.

In his pocket, the little jewelled locket glows faintly, quite pleased that phase one of its plan to finally escape the tedium of the cave was complete! The old men had resisted it's charms for far too long, but finally would be free again and the world would soon tremble once more as it unleashed its plans...

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5383
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:00 am

((One locket to rule them all,
And in the darkness bind them. :chuckle: ))

edit: I'll try to get something up a little later this weekend. I've got to finish my paperwork first.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14773
Location: Florida

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:37 am

yeah yeah :P

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5383
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Thomas looked at Joey and rolled his eyes, when he saw him strip. Did he think that he was going to walk all the way back buck naked with a bunch of heavy "bags" of gold? He was going to attract exactly the kind of attention they didn't want.

"Joey, that isn't going to work." But Joey was completely oblivious, under the spell of the "shineys". "Worse than a damn crow!" Thomas growled. He finally gave into frustration and planted a solid one on Joey's hindquarters, catapulting him head first into another pile.

"Oh, lookey!" Joey exclaimed, pointing at the floating crystal sword revealed when a pile of coins toppled.

"Joey, don't...!" Thomas started to yell, but it was too late. The silly git had grabbed it. There was a tremendous flash and piles of coin flying everywhere. A bar with coins suddenly appeared at the bottom of Thomas' field of vision, along with a row of hearts and a row of.... chicken legs?

Thomas looked at Joey. "What...?" He catches the strange rectangular creature from the corner of his eye when it starts to make an ominous hissing noise.

Deciding that this is not good, Thomas takes to his heels, managing to put a bit of distance between the creature and himself before it detonated with a deafening bang. Thomas wheels around and stares. There is a large hole in the ground where the creature was, surrounded by floating squares of stone. Joey is down on the edge of the hole, groaning but still alive. Thomas notices that both the chicken bar and heart bar are down some in his vision. He also notices his good leather jerkin looks a bit worse for wear. He's feeling a bit weak and hungry now. Joey doesn't appear to be bleeding, but he's obviously not doing well. "So weak, so hungry...."

Thomas grabs an apple from his pack and eats it, while trying to think. He noticing an immediate improvement in his condition, the heart bar and chicken bar increasing again.

He pulls another apple out and looks at it wonderingly. He then looks at Joey with a sly grin. "Tell me, Joey, what am I bid for this fine apple?"

((Sorry about the delay. Had some computer issues. I think it's straightened out now.))

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by LAYF » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:23 am

No problem Lurks :)

Looks like we have 5/6 replies in.

When i have the 6th I'll translate the situation into Step 3. and we can get on with the final phase... I've decided not to make a step 4 and jump directly to step 5 after step 3. as i think step 3 will both give enough info and take enough time :)
-Best regards LAYF

User avatar
Quarg
.
Posts: 4901

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 2 of recruitment

Post by Quarg » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:52 pm

► Show Spoiler
Joe studied the Heffelump, he had no idea what the name of the thing actually was he just called it the Heffelump because that's what that snotty nosed kid had called in back at Robin's Tavern where it had shown up. And it had followed him around eating apples out of his pack and generally being...cute.

Joe understood cute...he didn't trust cute...cute could hide knives, or claws, or secret agendas...but he understood cute. And now again the Heffe was being cute. Joe gave the small creature a smile and chuckled good naturedly, "Only you would think this was worth more than the rest of it. Well keep your eyes peeled..." Joe continued to carefully walk around the loot piles and grab what looked easily pawnable and not trapped.

The Ramblefunk followed for a few minutes more and then wandered over to an alcove in the wall. Where there was a beautiful, shiny golden apple. Of course the first think the creature did was grab onto it with it's extended legs. Which it immediately pulled back into it's body when realized the apple was not made of tasty fruit but of ice cold gold.

But the trap was tripped...The sound of cog wheels had Joe running for the door as a set of massive iron spikes rose up from the floor to block it. "Damn, damn, damn..." Joe yelled at them as they blocked his path. His eyes focused out on the lovely, empty safe tunnel beyond.

The ramblefunk and Joe were then acosted by a thunderous voice, "Who has dared touch the forbidden treasure!" Joe looks back over at Heffe and says, "He's talking to you mate..."
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Post Reply