Fantasy Comic game - STEP 3 turn 1 of recruitment

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 3 turn 1 of recruitment

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:11 pm

► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:08 pm

► Show Spoiler
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:05 pm

I wasn't paying attention and it was the first name that popped to mind...

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:23 pm

I'm not good at names. I saw a couple of J names, thought "Why not?" and picked one that started with the same letter but felt different.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:34 am

I'm confused. How does my attack get sidelined into something else or outright ignored?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:44 am

BadgeAddict wrote:I'm confused. How does my attack get sidelined into something else or outright ignored?
If you read Thinks post, she explains it.
I just think Quarg cut the story down to avoid a wall of text. When all stories has reached part 3, I'll make rulings for anything disagreed with.
Bit remember, rewriting was allowed to a degree.
-Best regards LAYF

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:52 pm

LAYF wrote:
BadgeAddict wrote:I'm confused. How does my attack get sidelined into something else or outright ignored?
If you read Thinks post, she explains it.
I just think Quarg cut the story down to avoid a wall of text. When all stories has reached part 3, I'll make rulings for anything disagreed with.
Bit remember, rewriting was allowed to a degree.
I prefer Joe being attacked actually, but eh...that's not how this game is being played...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:03 am

Okay.
So I've talked with lurks, and for the reasons he mentioned earlier, he feels like he has to opt out, as he does not know when or even if he will gain time to play.

That means that his character "dissappear" in the stories it is in.

In story 3, gathers, that means it is your turn. You may decide how he disappears/dies/whatever or keep playing him if you want.

In story 4, same rule for Badge.

In story 6 I'll add the end turn when the other stories are ready.
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:30 am

I probably won't get to this until after this weekend. I'm sick and we're having friends in over the holiday.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Fantasy Comic game - STEP 3 Round 1 of recruitment

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:04 am

► Show Spoiler
Thomas faced Roghal politely, took his hat off, turned it this way and that in his hands, cleared his throat and started to talk, rather softly and quite obviously intimidated. "My name is Thomas, this is Jo and we don't know this creature's name. We call it Chirpa, but it doesn't heed to that."

The ramblefrunk quietly rolled its eyes and shifted its attention from the conversation. It hated that name and it didn't fancy another run-in with this self-proclaimed ruler of the thieves and his cronies, prolonged by it's current companions' personality traits. It knew that kind more than it fancied.
It didn't like doing what it was going to do next, either, especially to Thomas who had always treated it decently, but there was only so much you could achieve by being adorable. With this lot it most certainly wouldn't do.

So it repositioned itself to a spot in the air, hovering effortlessly behind Thomas' head, at about the same height. In the blink of an eye it shot a tiny needle into Thomas' neck, that made him wince, stop in mid sentence and reach for the back of his neck with his hands.

Thomas felt a short, sharp, midnight blue triangular pain in the back of his neck and then all hell broke loose for him. The people around him, the cellar of the tavern, the crates in which some sort of wares must surely be stored started to bend, distort, twist and scream in cacophony. Yet at the same time, it was he who twisted and turned. His surroundings turned too dark to see one moment and blindingly bright the next. He thought he smelled mangos and his mouth tasted like tin and the very air itself felt like the fuzzy skin of a peach. He tried to clutch his hands with his face, but he missed because somehow one of his hands sped up to a point where he wasn't even able to see it whereas the other slowed down to a point where Thomas wasn't even sure he was capable of moving it at all, frozen in mid air. Up became down and down became sideways. It was all Thomas could do not to vomit. He heard screaming and only later on realized that it was his voice that he heard. A loud, rhythmical thrumming noise started and grew gradually louder. His face displaying signs of agony and madness, he crumpled into a humanoid spiral, collapsing on himself and finally, with a satisfying "PLORP" sound, imploded.
► Show Spoiler
The ramblefrunk, fully aware of how this looked for the humanoids, paused for maximum effect, allowing the sheer horror of how the ramblefrunk did this to one of its own companions made him disappear or worse and the realization that any of them might be next sink in with each of the thieves present, most of all, their ruler.
Then it flapped lazily onto Jo's head, extended the four trunk-limbs to hold onto him making it look kind of like it could be sucking out or controlling his brains - whichever amount of them there was to start with - straightened up to full height and spread its ear-wings menacingly. It moved Jo's unresisting head slightly, to keep the ruler of thieves guessing whether this was the ramblefrunk's doing, Jo's or something they were only capable of jointly and projected a boomingly loud deep and innately commanding voice telepathically into Roghal's mind, making it bounce back and forth within it like an echo. Most interestingly, this could be heard in every of the thieves' king underlings minds as well, even the ones who weren't here. The ramblefrunk might have to investigate that later on, but first things first.

"Now that you have seen what we can do, you don't want to pester us any further. You want to give us the locket and anything else we might ask from you and then send us on our merry way, never to molest us with your - or your associates' - presence ever again."

It wasn't a question. It wasn't even a suggestion. It was a fact.
While "talking", it made a small, kind of wave-y gesture with one of its paws, smirking. The gesture itself did absolutely nothing, but from experience, whenever it pulled a stunt like this, it made the humanoids pee themselves with willingness to comply. And that way, onlookers were tricked into thinking that it was the gesture that made the ruler of the thieves obey. Little things like that amused the ramblefrunk and it felt like it deserved a little laugh after a so far rather bland and boring and altogether not too nice a day.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:14 pm

► Show Spoiler
((Wow. Ramblefrunk's are OP))

Jo wasn't listening.

Well, that's not strictly true. He was listening, very carefully in fact, but not to the ramblefrunk.

Jo had a different voice in his head.

"What do you think? I'm not sure goblin-green is really my colour."

Jo smiles.

Anything would suit you, you know that.

A sparkling laugh fills his head and his smile widens.

"Are you sure? It'll be a while before I can pick a new one."

Of course. This is a good choice.

The laugh again. His heart leaps.

"All right then! Close your eyes..."

Not on your life

The locket glows faintly and Roghal gasps softly. He shivers involuntarily as his hands clutch at the arms of his seat and his eyes roll back in his head.

No-one else notices.

The room is in chaos, but all Jo hears is silence.

The voice is gone.

The laugh is gone.

An eternity passes.

Roghal exhales and opens his eyes to look at Jo.

Jo unclenches his fists and realises he's been holding his breath.

He smiles.

"How do I look?"

Perfect
"Perfect"

"Good. Then it is time. Boys! This man is our guest. Prepare yourselves. We have work to do."

Jo steps forwards through the chaos and confusion. He has eyes only for the soul now inhabiting Roghal's body.

"Did you know you have something on your head?"

Reality dawns on Jo and he blinks as he looks around at the panicking bandits around the room.

"Oh! Hah! This is just Chirpa. What the- Where's Thomas?"

Roghal smiles.

"Does it matter?"

"No, I suppose it doesn't."

Then let us begin!"

Roghal stands up and walks out of the room.

Jo follows.
Last edited by thinkslogically on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Er which story is that attached to???

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm

The one above it. I'm just battling with too many spoiler tags at the moment, but all will be clear in a minute...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:47 am

Actually, LAYF, when you have a second, could you do a "mini" update, which groups stories together, I'm a bit lost as to what is left.

Thanks

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:12 am

I will badge, don't worry :)

Okay... Took longer to get back on sleep than I expected.

So, long story short...
Due to my work I'll only be home at weekends for the next two weeks (and for the week that just passed.)
A guy got bad case of virus so I had to fill in for him on a three weeks task with less than an hours notes.

That will include getting home 2200-2330 o clock Friday and having to go on job from around 1800 sunday...
I will have some sort of Internet, from bad to semi okayish connection during the day and evenings. But with 11 hour shifts and 4+ hours of transportation each day. I'm not sure I'll have any energy left for anything...
Heck, yesterday I was up for 4 hours, and I just got out of bed two hours ago..
There is only 5 left till I drive back (4 hour drive) to work.

So with all that said.. I may, but will not update any of my games or reply to pm...
If you guys need me, Wears and those I play on roll20 with know how to get a hold of me on messenger.

Sorry to leave you guys like this... But I will be back, if not before then in two or three weeks when my sleep-o'meter is full again....
-Best regards LAYF