Dangers abound and the learning curve for survival is steep as you step into the pack life of Raptor at Heart. Strangers from around the world suddenly find themselves torn from their lives, timeline and bodies and slammed, together, into the midst of the ancient Cretaceous period, assuming their new lives as velociraptors. Each member of the pack of confused, lost predators retains their personality, intelligence and mind from the life they held before. The instincts of the velociraptor lie buried beneath them, sometimes lurking to the surface and slowly melding into the very personalities of the 'chosen'.
Can these lost souls survive their new lives, or will the hostile world they now inhabit consume them in a spray of blood and become their grave?
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Raptor at Heart. I would like to write this story as an actual mini novel as we go, so the content you get will be fresh and the actions you take just may influence how it is written, if not your very survival. This bit is a little up in the air but
I'm looking for 4-6 interested role players to join the pack as it begins. Keep in mind, this is very much a survival RP and you will need to think not only as a human, but as a predator and a team to thrive. You are no longer human and, in turn, not everything that your human mind expects you to be capable of will be effective as you learn to handle and tend to your new body and its needs.
All members of the previous group are guaranteed a slot, even if it puts the player count in excess of my new, lower cap. If you're new to my game and want in, please request a slot before they do as I will be moving applications to a wait list after I get 6 players! Note, returning players will simply be included and will not have to go on the waitlist. Example: 4 new players sign up before any of the old group does, and then 6 of the old group sign up, we'd have 10 active players but no further newbies would be brought in until a space opens up.
Stats may or may not be openly given, though your physical form as a raptor will be depicted to you upon your arrival.
Please post here if you are interested, as well as post a human character background, to include your character name, the country you are from, gender, age and a basic background to include the occupation [if any] of your character. This will impact how you become depicted on arrival, though there are no single, identifiable factors that will influence your raptor form; just triggering my inspiration and writing muse.
There will be NPCs initially, though odds are most, if not all of them, will be dead within the first day or two of in game time. The survival, or loss, of your pack members can mean the difference of life and death.
- The velociraptors depicted are based on a mix of scientifically correct velociraptor and Jurassic Parks Velociraptor.
- They are intelligent, supporting the factoid of the characters human side continuing to exist.
- They are larger than the scientific version of the raptor
- They have some of the feathery adornments of the scientific version.
- While human characters noted to me might be a specific gender, that does not guarantee your raptor self will be that gender; a decent mix of each will be met.
- The active player list will not exceed 6 [excluding special circumstances for our beginning], but if someone dies, anyone waiting to join in will join the pack, though they will not have the same knowledge and experience as those who have been going longer and will need to learn, adjust, etc to catch up...or die.
- If no one is 'in line' anyone whose character died is welcome to be tumbled in again as a new raptor, though like anyone joining the game at a later date they will have to 'catch up'. The new raptor will be new to the pack entirely and have no affiliations, possibly even garnering undue distrust, aggressiveness or even violence from their 'old' pack-mates as instincts and time have changed who they are. This applies to complete newcomers as well.
- There is no way back to the human world; the changes are all permanent.
- Be wary how much you allow your human side to influence you. It can help you at times, though it is equally likely to cause you problems.
- The world is a threatening, primal place and dangerous to tackle alone.
- There will be unexpected elements introduced as the game moves forward, as well as hints as to how, who and what brought you to the age of dinos and turned you into one.
- The story is not locked to a specific age. Any dino that existed has a chance of showing up (and perhaps some that never did!) so I use Cretaceous as more of a thematic wordplay.
- They can be idiots, and will sometimes/often/always [case pending] need you to survive and learn. NPC's that survive long enough and learn enough will eventually bring benefits to the table to make the effort of keeping them alive etc worth it.
- The smart or stupid moves of an NPC can directly impact you and your pack. Perhaps one finds a source of small, easy to catch creatures early on, making it easier to learn to use your raptor bodies. Perhaps another wandered away alone too far and is now fleeing back to camp with a Trex on his tail and wetting him or herself in terror...and possibly causing the trex to go after one of you instead of its terrified prey gets away.
- Be wary of an NPCs intentions. They might be learning with you as a pack, but that doesn't mean they can all be trusted.
- The NPCs are only 'Alphas' initially, and will in all likelihood not re-assume the position.
More will be added to this as necessary. Feel free to ask any questions you may have or for any clarifications you need!
- Nikohl (FF4000) Raptor Appearance:
- Gathersingredients(008000) Raptor Appearance:
- Arch Lich Burns (FF00FF) Raptor Appearance:
- BadgeAddict (Choose your color, grey will be hard to read) Raptor Appearance:
- Samwiser(0040FF) Raptor Appearance: