MineCraft is Coming....again...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: MineCraft is Coming....again...

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:11 am

I'm glad I never gave you a piece of my soul.

So, the cool thing about this server is that Nerdy boy can save the world out of the server and load something else into it.

The reason I mention this is because I think it would be epic to play through some of the Trophy Packs again sometime. (Those are the ones where you try to collect 10 pieces of different colored wool....while dying 50+ times for each one.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:34 am

You sure about that? I mean it doesn't HAVE to be paper. What about cobblestone? I've got a cobble gen hooked up to a DSU, so soon I'll have 2 billion cobblestone.

(No, I'll never need that much cobblestone)

And I would hope your brother can change the map, since otherwise that'd be missing pretty basic functionality... :P

But yeah that's a cool idea. How exactly were you thinking of going about that though? Keep up the map and we can all work towards the objective over time? Or try and arrange so we can all spend some time together and see where we can get? Because if it's the latter I could host the server myself most likely- Barring that my internet connection is too shoddy to connect to where you're from that'd probably be easier- Switching out maps is easier said than done. I speak from experience when I say it could take hours to upload/download stuff from the server...

Also, have been thinking about it, so consider this an open offer- I do have (some) experience with running servers and for at least the next couple of weeks I pretty much have nothing (important) to do... If your brother doesn't have the time or is not sure how to do a few things- Like the use of plugins for example- I would gladly help with that, provided you want that. And of course I'd only do what you want me to do.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

I'll let you in on a secret, HostHorde Servers are dramatically cheap... and with the exchange rate in your favor even cheaper.

4gb ram for 15.00USD/month is what we're using right now I think...25.00USD gets you unlimited ram

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:16 am

M0rtimer wrote:No creative I'm afraid. I could probably hook you up with basics to get yourself set up though. Or maybe you can become one of my first minions citizens for your malevolent dictator friendly neighborhood emperor and I could hook you up with lots of stuff if you build something for me mayhaps..?
Can can become a patron of my art. :)
:zzz:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:04 am

Other than M0rt giving you resources. You will not be given creative to do whatever you want....I'm sorry.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:47 am

Hi

does the initializing always takes so long before the game starts, or is it a one time job that has to be run before the first start?
Even on the new pc it takes long...got a I7 processor with 3,6 ghz, 16 gig ram and I installed it on the SSD harddisk. first 6/7 steps were quiet fast, but since it reached #7 it is very slow. Running on 25% of ram capacity. Even installed java 64 bit to allow more ram to be asigned.

Currently:
7/7 Loading - Completing Minecraft Initialization
7/26 Texture Manager

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:00 pm

sadly yes, it takes me a good 10-15 minutes to load. I typically leave MC up and running and only "Load" it up again once a week. Otherwise I have to start it and walk away for awhile.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Really curious if those addons are worth all of this. Feels to me as a huge overload.
I played servers with a lot of good and cool addons, and all loaded up in less than a minute. :)

So your server has to be really, really awesome.

Edit: Getting a bit annoyed right now. Tryed to follow the instructions here as good as I could and install all I need but it says still incompatible mods...fead the beast is trying to mock me. :wall:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:01 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:We will be adding, in addition to the majority of Infinities Mods the following:
Trophy
MoÔÇÖ Creatures
Iguana Tweaks
Compact Machines
chocolate quest
Flans mod
Now I know what's missing. Erm. Some of them say "requires Minecraft Forge". Do I need that even if I use Fead the Beast? Isn't Forge another launcher? I don't expect to be able to use 2 launchers at once. :/

Really want to play. :(...

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:13 pm

Badge help me. :(

I judt don't get whats missing and where it needs to go or where to find it. This is driving me crazy right now. Trying for several hours. >:(
Is it possible to get a fully prepared zip with all mod files I just can copy into the mod folder of minecraft or the FTB launcher?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:16 pm

Did you make sure to select version 1.8.2 rather than the latest version? We mentioned before in the thread Badge's bro hasn't gotten around to updating the server yet.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Thanks. Trying to downgrade, hope that does the job. Still, I do not yet have all of the mods I quoted above. Missing trophy, mo'creatures and choclate quest. Could not find *.jar files to install them.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:29 pm

Do you have ts or skype or something we could use to talk for some more help?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:47 pm

None of those have been included yet- And Forge is like... Best way to describe it without getting technical is a "mod that manages mods". It's not a launcher, but is already included in pretty much any modpack.

Anyways, all you should need to do is downgrade to 1.8.2 to be able to join.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:30 pm

And so, Nerre joined this minecraft server, to sign a deadly contract with the friendly neighborhood overlord... >:D

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:06 am

You just doomed yourself Nerre.. you have to kill him in many games to ever have hope being released from your future suffering!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:51 am

nah, I will just build nice stuff. :D
And we are neighbours.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:29 pm

So dabbling in thaumcraft... I made a wand focus that can animate matter into a golem. I then upgraded the focus so golems of different types attack each other...

... I may have spent a significant amount of time having these different little golems fight each other to find out which is strongest. (it was diamond btw. Although props to cactus for being a clever bastard and throwing bookshelf into a fire)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:57 am

mortimer creates the first minecraft fight betting ring. :D

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:26 am

UP NEXT: THE SETTLEMENT OF AN AGE OLD DEBATE! WHICH IS BETTER... Gravel... OR SAND?!

Place your bets now, ladies and gentlemen.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:09 am

Sand. Cause you need it for glas.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:47 am

I think it's the sand and gravel golems fighting each other.. :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:15 pm

LAAAAAAAADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

I PRESENT TO YOU- MINECRAFT'S FIRST, OFFICIAL, GOLEM TOURNAMENT!

Allow me to present- The gauntlet!
► Show Spoiler
On the flick of a lever, the gates shall be swung open- And our four participants shall engage each other in combat! So let us begin by introducing our contestants...

In the first corner- Hailing from the hot saharian desert... Either that or the playground behind my evil lair- A sand golem!
► Show Spoiler
In the second corner- Sand's more refined brother, usually found back in your home to provide a safe view of the outside world... Although it remains to be seen if that translated into raw strength... A glass golem!
► Show Spoiler
The third corner- The underdog... The one we all hate, because the little fucker keeps popping up in your mineshafts, and now you have to get out your shovel since your inventory is already full of shit, and it's still slow as fuck so eventually you get out your torch to try that method but it's like a whole fucking pocket and... Sorry, I mean- A gravel golem!
► Show Spoiler
And finally... In the fourth corner... We have...

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHN CEEEEEEEEEENAAAA!

...Actually it's just this dirt golem that refuses to pose for the camera.
► Show Spoiler
Anyways... The contestants are ready... On three... Two... One... Go!

And they're off! The golems rushed each other and started piling up on one of the (spiked!) corners before I even got in screenshot position!
► Show Spoiler
It doesn't take long for our first knockout- The pesky gravel going down! Almost immediately after, glass manages to KO dirt, which I managed to get a good shot off!
► Show Spoiler
However, we can see sand regenerating it's health, and coming straight for it's big brother... They struggle, but there can only be one winner in the end... And it is... IT IS..!
► Show Spoiler
...A double KO? (also a glitch where it seems to leave two blocks behind, although one is a ghost block. Spppoooky!)

Anyways- While your host failed to get a picture of the exact moment, you can have his guarantee that, while somehow both golems fainted, the sand was KO'd first... Making glass the winner!

Here you can see me giving the lil' guy (after resurrecting him) a golem guard core, making it so it won't turn back into glass naturally! Yay!
► Show Spoiler
I also gave him a little hat.
► Show Spoiler
I love this mod.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:26 pm

I -think- I got my minecraft issues sorted out. My computer was for some reason running in 32 bit instead of 64 and java wasn't happy, among other things.

How does the PVP look currently or was that all disabled?
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:56 pm

we are peacefully living together. there is a pvp area planned but we got the unwritten rule that we dont mess with what others farm and build.
Badge's brother said he was thinking about making maybe a part of the map nonpvp and the other pvp.