Potential: Sign-ups Closed

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Re: Potential: Sign-ups Open

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:36 am

lingrem wrote:ASKS STOLE MY SHADE OF GREEN!!!! /tempted to abuse mod powers to change it /resists.

that has been my color in every single game I ever played in every single damn game in this place ! I have litterly used this color my whole freaking adult life , no way you are taking this fromme
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:40 am

I know ;) But you and I never seem to be in the same games as it's also my colour. But I will use the brighter green unless she puts us in different groups :P
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:19 am

pfff mine group is gonna murderise your group so badly you =p

or better london group vs non london group !!! >:-P >: o:) :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:56 am

N: I wanted to be original. I was not feeling like it was an external requirement...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:57 pm

Quarg wrote:N: I wanted to be original. I was not feeling like it was an external requirement...
Don't worry man, I'm not actually a Creole witch-doctor :)
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:57 pm

Synch wrote:
Quarg wrote:N: I wanted to be original. I was not feeling like it was an external requirement...
Don't worry man, I'm not actually a Creole witch-doctor :)
Well color me disappointed.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:15 pm

I approve of the idea of having two groups. As for colour, I'll pass on that right now, until we know who else we're paired with and need to work around, and since I vary my colours between games, so I'm not losing out on a preferred colour.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:18 pm

Nikhol said she'd likely have the groups merge once things got going so you would need to work around both groups not just the one you get put in.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Yeah, that's a point. Right. It's entirely likely that it'll be a colour somebody else already picked, since the colours are pretty much all over the place and very few people have edited them into their character posts, but I'll go with BF00BF
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:53 am

I awaken! Yesterday was fun, I had a nice day with my friends. Now I'm gonna make a pot of tea and crack on with all these characters.

Signups are "mostly closed", but anyone who is already in can still edit their stuff (pm me and tell me to make sure I noticed) and, due to the two group thing, its no awful problem if anyone who hasnt noticed the thread decides at the last minute they desperately want in. So mostly closed, but with wiggle room.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:47 am

Name: do i have to use my real one? Sigh okay. Bri

About myself: I think in dnd terms i would make a decent bard....if it were not the fact that I have very little charisma. Somehow I can make my coworkers laugh without trying so that is a thing. Despite my ...chubbiness and laziness when I am off work I am a hard worker and stronger than average. But really I am not cut out for a warrior, I am not a big fan of pain. But hey due to my raising as a farm hand I can butcher chickens and small animals, and I can shoot guns very well. Bows...not so much, I need a lot more practice with them.

Appearance: abit on the chubbs side. Okay lot on the chubbs side. I also have thick brown hair and grey eyes

Class: ????? Really i have no idea. Gunslinger if option, ranger if not I suppose, so I can have a kitty. A big fluffy kitty.

Is that okay? Or not? Should i add more?
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited out my name

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:12 am

Even if you're submitting a "you-ish" character, you don't have to use your real name if you don't want to, Burns - especially not if it doesn't... dude, I don't even know the tactful term. Suit you? You know what I mean. Use whatever name you would like to.

I can work with that background enough. What I'll do is pick a person from "my world" that is similar in some ways to your submitted character (who is sort of you), mash the two together and send them back to you. Mwa ha ha! I'm working on characters today, so look out for a PM from me later on. I have a lot to do though, so it won't be for a while.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:11 am

Thank you i am goingto change it then. Is it okay to have my character as male?

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:25 am

I assumed that's what you would prefer, so yes that's fine. The general idea is that your psyche gets zapped into the body of the person closest in general theme to "you" available in the village where you end up...anyone who had vastly different personalities or thoughts to you would have sort of rejected the transfer, or fought a lot harder to not be taken over. I don't think a female host would fit your criteria any more than, e.g. Lin or Thinks would have been able to land in a guy's body. So, yeah. :)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:47 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Bows...not so much, I need a lot more practice with them.
Well, if you were looking for an excuse to practice, being shunted into a D&D world with limited technology and a need to survive is certainly good incentive. :)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:44 pm

I won't be signing up, I only have so much time..and as much as I had looked forward to creating a middle 30 year old who Larped at night and slept in his mothers basement by day...(not really me), I won't be doing so..

Cheers everyone and I hope you have tons of fun, nikohl is a great story maker. :D

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:40 pm

I did more sheets today and sent them out. The only ones I've got left to do the initial draft of are: Alaen, Dlover, Synch, Burns. So if you've applied and you're not one of those 4 people and you haven't had a PM from me, I pressed the wrong button at some point, so raise your hand :P

Once all the initial ones are sent out and everyone's okay with them and given me their feedback, I need to go back through and check for balance, make sure I haven't missed anything obvious, add in personality details so you all know them, maybe do a bit of re-wording, and then I'll send out proper final ones. And then we'll be nearly ready to go!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:27 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Name: do i have to use my real one?
Sheesh, if Lance were my actual name I would have to change it. I can't be remotely related to anything that is ever associated with cool people. :P
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:33 am

Lance is considered a cool name where you live?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:35 am

It's a name which relates to:
A: An astronaut.
B: Weaponry.
Thus it is related to cool things and cool people.

Wait, the astronaut thing was wrong. I'm bad at people.
My game:

My characters:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:40 am

Well, he is second in command of the team of space explorers who became the Voltron Force.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:51 am

It's also the name of a second or third tier cracker company... And the name of a guy that cheated a bunch with bikes (assuming this is the Armstrong you had in mind?). And a guy from Nsync best known for NOT being Justin Timberlake. And something you do to boils.

Lance = not that cool
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:28 am

No matter what name you pick out, there are things related to it that aren't cool. What matters is whether it can relate to something really cool. Like weapons, or knights. Also, I would count not being Justin Timberlake as being extremely damn cool.
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:56 am

codpeice
related to knights...yup
cool factor = -1,000...

So no...knights =/= cool...

Edit:
Amanda Mangus
Height:5'6"
Weight:140 lbs
Coloration: Dark tan skin (from her Seminole blood) with red hair and grey eyes. She has a normal woman's figure but has a few too many pounds on it at the moment, Her square face is marked by a rather cute nose, but her mouth is thin and she is not really all that attractive.
Career: Art Student/ Chemist for Urbane Natural Products
Background:
Amanda is 1/4 Seminole and 1/4 Irish and the rest good southern mutt. A farm girl who grew up on her grandfather's cattle ranch in the Wiregrass of southern Alabama (with a temper to match). Although she loved to paint and draw as a young girl, her father demanded she be 'practical' and learn a real profession. Amanda majored in Chemistry at Auburn University, but spent a good deal of her time hanging out in the Architecture School library next door. She attended a few art classes, being forced to cross through Terra-Engineer where she met her first real love Marcus. Marcus, and her cronies introduced her to the world of D+D, where she thought the ideas were interesting, but Marcus's concepts were rather boring. Though she came to realize how large the community was.

After college, and Marcus, she was hired by Urbane Natural Products to be a test chemist and compoundist working on developing and testing natural products for Urbane Natural Products. She quickly found the job somewhat boring, although she did enjoy spending time working with historians looking through medieval and Renaissance texts for ideas on possible new formulations.
As such, she began to work with a friend from college on a webcomic called 6d20, a dnd comic that attempts realistic midieval lore with massively overpowered characters as a story/humor comic. 6D20 garnered a decidedly large audience and Petron following. With her share of the subscription funds, she began to take night classes at the Atlanta College of Art in Computer Animation.
Just this last week she gave notice to her job at Urbane as has been accepted to attend two years at SCAD's Lacoste, France campus.

Right now at her desk she is working on a pivitol scene for the comic, the Death of the villain, Aurock the Whisper

Skill Areas:
Natural Materials Compounding
Chemistry
Physical Chemistry
Chemical Testing
Digital Drawing
Computer Rendering
Drawing
Art History
Horse Riding
Horse Care
Shoveling Horse Crap
Using a Whip on Cows...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:11 am

Alright, I don't think anyone else -is- interested, but just in case suddenly a bunch of people turn up - signups are now officially closed, because that makes two groups of seven, which is loads :P

I just have a few more characters to get the preliminary drafts done for. Then we get to move onto the next stage. We should be set to start mid-week. Once everyone has a sheet back from me that they're OK with, I will create the two Game Threads.

Before I make the actual first post, you guys are welcome to post as your pre-Sudden Zapping Event characters, posting what they were doing right before they got ported over - Mereneth did this with Raptor at Heart and I thought it was pretty cool, but it's not necessary. We can do a vote on that.

INPUT PLEASE: Yea or Nay on whether you want a pair of threads to post in as Amanda and Remy and Timothy and Ryan and so on, doing whatever you want to have them be doing, and then (go to sleep/pass out unexpectedly/get bonked on the head/bad trip) -- fade to black -- at which point, when everyone's done and I'm ready, I will make the first posts. (Sort of like http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+1/16 and the page thereafter) - That's yea, and it gives you something to do while you wait for me. Nay is that you guys just wait for me to be ready and I'll do the first posts with you all already over in D&D land :p Majority rules, I guess.