Time Capsule

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Time Capsule

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:10 pm

ÔÇ£Greetings applicants.

I am sure you have heard of statis chambers before, which will put someone or something into a statis for a time being. Previously the chambers have been examined for a short period of time, up to a few years at most. What you are going to be doing is far more extraordinary, and we do not yet know the full consequences of what will happen. We are going to experiment on the statis chamber for much longer periods than it has been tested before. We need to find out the socialigical, physicalogical, pshychological and other impacts it may have on a human for being in a chamber far out of the current testing point. You will be in the chamber for 10,000 years and because of this, we ask you to fill out a life insurance form we provide for you so that if you are accepted for this experiment your family will gain 15,000 if you go into the statis chamber and double that if you happen to perish, which is highly unlikely I will add. If you like, you can talk to one of our lawyers about making a will and a living will. We will provide various equipment in the statis chamber room; to cover most possible future outcomes.

You are to report back to us after staying awake for a month by using a time machine. By the way you will have to find a time machine. If you fail to find a time machine by any chance the future will not have one despite our projections, you will need to report to someone that has vast knowledge of 23rd century physiology, psychologically and sociology.ÔÇØ

The professor hands out forms to the applicants. The first one is insurance form, the second is a will, and the third is a questioner.
The questioner has only question. ÔÇ£In your own words, describe yourself.ÔÇØ

===============================================================================
Rules:
This will be a d6 system. 5 and 6ÔÇÖs are successes, 6ÔÇÖs are rerolled.
Failure: When you roll below the needed successes you just fail the check. Crafting/repairing is the exception.
Botching: When you roll more 1ÔÇÖs than successes you botch your check and something goes completely wrong.

Crafting- each roll takes 5 mins. Completion happens when successes equal or greater than complexity of the item to craft.

Combat: Attack successes-Armour Value = damage done. Each player has 10 hit points, hitting zero means unconsciousness but -2 and below and a person is dead.
Skill: Each person has two skills at 2; all other skills are at 1. To gain a rank in a skill you must work on that skill.

To get to rank 2, you must have 2 exp in that skill. To get rank 3 (from rank 2) you must have 3 exp, To get to rank 4 (from rank 3) you must have 5 exp. And ect.

Each time you use a skill you gain a little bit of exp in that skill.
=============================================================================================
List of Skills, if you feel I am missing anything please ask/tell me.
Acrobatics
Athletics
Archery
Basic First Aid
Cooking
Craft: (Art, Mechanism, wood, electrical, glass, cloths)
Driving (modern era)
Pilot (modern era)
Guile
Guns
Hand to Hand
Intuition/Sense motive
Searching
Slight of Hand
Stealth
Survival

For now I am going to try with 5 people and see how I do and get myself comfortable with gming again.
Questions and concerns?

Basically to apply for the game you have to make a statement summarizing your character. Be sure to put your character's name on it so I know who it is!

Dlover
Game Master

Re: Time Capsule

Post by Dlover » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:30 pm

One of the questionnaires is filled out in a neatly penned hand, headed by a name;
Nathanial Montarc
I would best describe myself as a recreational enthusiast, having spent great amounts of time taking part in events which present to visitors a taste of what the past world was like. I was personally involved in organising and joining tournaments of combat and archery, though this never prevented cooperation in other areas. It is my hope that the experience gained in these events will help me to better relay our world to the peoples of the future, and to report with greater clarity the ways of the future.

In other worlds, Nathanial is at level 2 in Archery and Hand to Hand.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:00 pm

Written in a short scrawl on the questionnaire:

Name: Zoe Rockholm
Description: I have the skills you need to get the job done.

(2 points in each of Survival and Stealth; she's essentially a scout with a not-completely-legal employment history).

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:23 pm

Name: Joergen Madsen
Description: I'm not sure what to say about me. Just started an education to become a doctor but I'm willing to drop that for a glimpse of the future. Beyond that, I'm known to have a keen eyes. I'm certain my skills will be valuable in case the future isn't civilized or if there are complications after the time in stasis.

(2 in basic first aid and search)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:58 pm

Name: Fry McMartin

Description: I'm an engineering student, and I've always been fascinated by the future. I can't wait to find out what it will bring. I guess this way I don't have to!

Skills: Crafting (mechanical and electrical)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Perrythepom
Remains Silent

Post by Perrythepom » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:26 am

Due to the signer's usage of some exotic form of caligraphy, you struggle to make out quite what is written on this set of forms. Most of it is outright impossible to read, but there are a few passages which are discernible;

Name; Ruprecht of Sneydham

Description; As a member of the landed gentry, I find myself eager to pursue the finer things in life. Yet it always appears to be that the better quality an item is, the more likely it is to improve with age. Thus, I am eager to undertake this experiment to see just how exquisitely my cellar of Dom Perignon will age. Also, I suppose visiting the future might be a jolly spiffing lark and whatnot.

In terms of qualifications, I am in possession of a Masters in Psychology for Cunning Bastards from *unreadable* University, making me a dab hand at figuring people out and using said knowledge to make them fetch afternoon tea.

Skills; Guile and Intuition