A dnd based rping game.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

A dnd based rping game.

Post by Jacon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Hey all. Was just wondering if people would be interested in a fantasy based rping game.

In the past I have played rping games that didn't really have any rules except try to be interesting. They didn't have a set of rules about what you could do or couldn't do or what powers or race you could be. Half the time we didn't even know where the story was going. We just kinda improvised until the storyline became clear. People played villains, heroes, indifferent village folk, The village fool etc. Generally this want really well. This was with a small set of people who had known each other for a long time so I don't know how well that would work here.

So their wouldn't be a " Gm " or really a person in control. Anyone could join and play a part, add a little to the world. Play the smaller parts of people around the main characters etc. The only real rules would be the basic rules of etiquette. Don't kill other peoples characters, don't make yourself god like. ( Instance, being a huge ass dragon is fine, being a undefeatable dragon with no weakness or flaws isn't.") be flexible, someone might not react the way you want, thats their freedom.

If your looking for a game example thats close to this. Cavemen is basically the same thing except with gms and a point system.

Anyway I was just seeing if anyone would want to play this kind of game. It's basically just a writing game. I'd be happy to start the whole thing off.

PS: I know I don't have a great track record with games but since i'm not really offering to run this in the general sense I thought i'd give this a shot.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: A dnd based rping game.

Post by gamecreator » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:21 pm

How is this related to DnD?

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:27 pm

It isn't really. It just a suggestion that the setting used should be ( at least in my eyes,) similar to what someones homebrewed dnd campaign would be.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Yeah, I might jump in on some pure roleplay.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 pm

I'd be happy to start it but your the only one who has posted any interest so far. We might pick up people as we go but i'm gonna wait a little longer and see if anyone else wants in.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:10 am

I'd play, but to be honest from my experience with Cavemen, if you don't have a large number of people involved, it ends up slowing down pretty quickly. It ends up being two or three people RPing back and forth, which doesn't make for a rich storytelling environment :s

Still - I like RPing, I'd be in on that.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:18 pm

Actually some of the most interesting experiences that came from the cavemen pretty much involved only or three rpers. Maybe i'm wrong. As far as i'm concerned as long as you make a interesting character you can't really go wrong.

Should I try and start this and see where it goes. ( After all the worse that happens is it fails.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:54 am

Dunno. Maybe it would be better to have more people, maybe it wouldn't. Hard to say. I'm not expecting to be very good at story development, though, so maybe it's better to have some more people.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:23 am

I'll do some writing for the start and post it soonish. Well see what happens.

Tea
Is Heard Often

Post by Tea » Mon May 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Potential for really odd mayhem/character development. Okay, (if this is still happening) I'm in.