Ads not displaying

For creating groups, suggesting features, reporting problems and the like.
Khazar
Mumbles Incoherently

Ads not displaying

Post by Khazar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:51 am

First off, not sure this is the right place. If not, can someone move it? or delete it and I'll recreate it.

I don't see any adverts when I go to Goblins or the forums. I don't mind not seeing adverts, but I do want to support THunt. I have adblock, but have disabled it for the domains with the comics and forums.

Can someone let me know if this is a site thing, or if there is some hidden adblock setting I have to change to actually get it to listen to my requests?

Thanks in advance.
I'm sorry, are you addressing me? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass. - Doctor Krieger

I'mBob
Game Master

Re: Ads not displaying

Post by I'mBob » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:29 pm

As far as I know there are no ads in the forum. About the site - it's probably an ad-blocker you have installed on your browser.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Khazar
Mumbles Incoherently

Re: Ads not displaying

Post by Khazar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:58 pm

I put the forum on the exception list just in case. I do have adblock installed, but I have disabled it for most webcomics. Hmmm... is the current advert using javascript at all? I do get a javascript error when I load the page.

For anyone who might know what it means, the error displayed is:

"ReferenceError: OA_show is not defined [http://www.comblinscomic.org/ad3.html:17]"

I'm beginning to consider whether the irritation of trying to get an exception in adblock outweighs the obnoxious ads (on other sites, I've never had any complaints about here :))

Edit:

Ah-hah! it is not Adblock that is the issue, rather it is Ghostery blocking an advert-related tracker, thus preventing any adverts from showing up at all. I white-listed Goblins on that extension, and all the ads are back :) If it is possible, let other people know about this. Or possibly add a function that recognises if a tracker-blocker is enabled and posts non-tracking adverts.

Anyway, problem solved for me :)
I'm sorry, are you addressing me? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass. - Doctor Krieger