Forum upgrade completed!

For creating groups, suggesting features, reporting problems and the like.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Forum upgrade completed!

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:43 am

I can't see how to grab the post links on mobile, so I reported them instead. Hopefully you'll see them there?

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:50 am

M0rtimer wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:33 am Could you link the posts in particular that had this error? Just in case it might be something that's in the posts themselves.
Both of the posts were reported. I left them alone so you could take a look at them.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:52 am

It's like, the tiny file icon next to the date I'm pretty sure but agree it's not exactly obvious.

Anyways yeah those posts shouldn't cause issues... I'll relay to Duke and see if we can figure out what is causing it.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:59 am

Oh the paper thing? So it is!

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:26 pm

RocketScientist wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:14 am
Synch wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:19 am I really like the black. Man, some people are terrified of change.
I'm not afraid of it. It hurts my eyes reading bright letters on a dark background. It may be because I have pale retinas. I would have the same problem with any of the dark themes. I've been through all the forum changes since Snotling, and this is the first time I've found one visually painful. :shrug:
I said some people, obviously I'm excluding people who find the black difficult or painful to read. I was referring to people who dislike it purely because its not what they're used to. Each to their own I suppose.
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Click THIS for link to this post

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:51 pm

thinkslogically wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:43 am I can't see how to grab the post links on mobile, so I reported them instead. Hopefully you'll see them there?
In prosilver (theme) it's the post title...
And the small paper icon next to the date likely denotes whether this post is a new post since your last visit. (If present, it's a new post you've loaded for the first time.
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Ok, that's different between themes (and maybe desktop vs mobile) then. Good to know!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:11 pm

I'm using prosilver, mobile and PC work the same way.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Indeed. no post title in the Goblins2018 styl....
The small icon before "by Username" provids the link in mobile Goblins2018 style...
Switxhing bsck now.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:56 pm

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this yet, but would it be possible to change the mod-name-colours in the new theme to a lighter colour? As they are, they're a dark grey/green on dark grey and they're pretty hard to see.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:03 pm

Yeah, it's something Inspired has brought up as well. It's no easy fix, because you can't (as far as we're aware) dynamically set the color for a role depending on what style you're using- So we could switch the color around to a lighter one, but then those using prosilver would be having issues.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:07 pm

Shh, I like being invisible :shifty:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Ah ok, I thought it was tied to the theme. NVM then :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:56 pm

I have an idea of what colour you should use for dusk and theis (and similar mods) that should work on both themes: this. Also for the selection scene canyou import images with white outlines so we can see them on black background?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:26 pm

I'm quickly posting it here for everyone to see - Inspired is still looking into trying to recreate the old goblins theme, and given that I know a lot of people still think the black theme is a bit "much"... This might be of interest to them! He's still looking for some help, though, so check it out.

viewtopic.php?p=255147

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:42 am

Just another quick heads up- I'll probably move this topic in a couple of days. If there's anything concerning the forum that still needs to be discussed at that time, you'll find this topic back in the forum & website function (after it's been moved)