Requests for Forums/Features?

For creating groups, suggesting features, reporting problems and the like.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Requests for Forums/Features?

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:33 am

:paranoia: I have nooooo idea what you are talking about. The mortals don't know anything, nor should they. :p

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:57 am

Slightly off topic, but what exactly is the role of the "Game Moderators"? Just ensuring no one is posting abusive language and such in that section of the forums?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:15 am

Well we can move posts to where they belong, like if someone posts OOC in the IC discussion we can move it. Or if someone double posts we can fix it. Or if there is a new section to move stuff too we can move it to that section.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:20 am

Plus spammers. We can delete those posts, if they somehow get through the sign-up requirements.
Although, all Mods can delete posts anywhere in the forum. So that's not really a Games Moderator specific thing.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:20 am

Oh, okay.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:43 am

The main reason we have so many games mods is that we need people to move threads around the various subforums. Controversy mods are more traditional in that we need them to keep order and keep things civil.

I also like to dilute power by distributing it widely, so that explains the number of mods in general.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:49 am

SeeAMoose wrote: I also like to dilute power by distributing it widely, so that explains the number of mods in general.
That's nice.

I'm just hoping, in that case, that you select more mods if the sections get overly busy. Though, really, if the recruitment and OOC is one section, then you don't need movement in there. :shrug:

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:33 am

Search Function? I've read the FAQ, and it says you can search using the box at the top of any of the screens, or access Advanced Search yaddayaddayadda. Except that I can not see a search box anywhere. Is it because I'm new? I'd search to see if anyone has posted anything about it before but, y'know, I can't search. ;)

I have a nifty question I want to post, but want to search and see if it's been covered before.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:37 am

Master TMO wrote:Search Function? I've read the FAQ, and it says you can search using the box at the top of any of the screens, or access Advanced Search yaddayaddayadda. Except that I can not see a search box anywhere. Is it because I'm new? I'd search to see if anyone has posted anything about it before but, y'know, I can't search. ;)

I have a nifty question I want to post, but want to search and see if it's been covered before.
I see Search in the top right, above the brown bar, but below the logo.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:50 am

Master TMO wrote:Search Function? I've read the FAQ, and it says you can search using the box at the top of any of the screens, or access Advanced Search yaddayaddayadda. Except that I can not see a search box anywhere. Is it because I'm new? I'd search to see if anyone has posted anything about it before but, y'know, I can't search. ;)

It should be there, but Moose may have it hidden to brand new users to keep the bots away from it. Post a few more times and see what happens. It should appear just above and to the right of the FAQ link.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:52 am

Yes a few features are locked up until I believe three posts have been made, at which point all features are unlocked. They're mainly in place to prevent spambots.

Anyways- If you'd post once in the introduction thread and the latest comic discussion, that should allow you to use the search function and the create topic button without problem. :)

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Will some of our beloved Goblin pro(or an)tagonists ever infiltrate the forums? For example Complains muttering random complaints when someone creates a new account? :D

Re-posting these from the old forum...
► Show Spoiler
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:31 pm

As I recall from the old boards FAQ (must remember to try to recover that...) phbb's native search was never much good anyway. The suggestion was to use Google with the modifier site:goblinsforum com added to the end of your search term to restrict results to the boards.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Question about SPOIL tags -- I could've sworn there was a feature where you could add some text and it would use that instead of, or in addition do, the simple "SHOW SPOILER" link. But I was trying it just now, and couldn't figure it out (tried with/without quotes). Either I'm still getting it wrong, or that 'feature' was only on the Temporary/Interim forum.

Please advise. :)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:15 pm

I think that may have been an interim forum thing.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:23 am

stevedj wrote:Question about SPOIL tags -- I could've sworn there was a feature where you could add some text and it would use that instead of, or in addition do, the simple "SHOW SPOILER" link. But I was trying it just now, and couldn't figure it out (tried with/without quotes). Either I'm still getting it wrong, or that 'feature' was only on the Temporary/Interim forum.

Please advise. :)
Wolfie wrote:I think that may have been an interim forum thing.
Well, then as this particular thread was designed for ... let me officially Request This Feature. :D

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:52 pm

I thought I had added it but apparently I was wrong. It exists now, but you'll have to enter it manually because I really don't want yet another line of bbcode options in the text editor, there are more than enough as is.
► Show Spoiler
okay so it's [ spoiler = (text without quotes or parentheses)] text here [ /spoiler] without spaces of course
Or not...
hrmmm
hold on

There we go.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Good job, though I don't understand why you limited clicking zone to button.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:28 pm

► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:51 am

► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:33 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:45 am

There are multiple spoiler bbcodes, there's also:
► Show Spoiler
and
this is another[/spoiler]

I haven't had time to write them myself, so all of the new codes are off the shelf ones I've found elsewhere.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:01 pm

second one doesn't work, moose
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Bah, I was on a phone and didn't have the time to check, point is that I just used ones that were out there.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm

I was wondering... is it possible that the members list could get a ÔÇ£Last onlineÔÇØ part, just like when you go into peopleÔÇÖs profile.
Small thing I know... but...
-Best regards LAYF