On Requesting New Groups

Now Open! Request new user groups here. Users requesting a new group should read the group requests thread.
Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

On Requesting New Groups

Post by Wolfie » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm

In order to request a new group, you should start a thread in this forum titled: "Group Request - (Name of group here)"
In general:
  • We will not make special user titles for most groups, special titles are reserved for users who make a significant contribution to the forum. You are welcome to try to persuade us that your group should have a custom user title, but in most cases we'll say no.
  • Instead, we encourage you to create a banner that can be displayed either in your signature or as your avatar. If a banner is created, it should be no more than 250 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall. Avatars must be no larger than 200x200 pixels.
  • All groups must either be open to all forumites and/or must have clear and reasonable requirements to join the group.
    Examples:
    The Dragon Club - open to all forumites
    I Survived the Forum Wars - Requirement: Having been a member of at least one previous Goblins forum.
  • You may belong to more than one user group, just make sure that you meet the requirements for each group you decide to join
  • The primary benefit of a user group is the ability to quickly and easily send messages to all members of the group.
You should include the following in the thread:
  • What the group is for
  • What additional features you feel the group should have - access to different emoticons, posting privileges, etc
  • Who is to be the group leader

At least 10 other members must post here indicating that they want to be a member of the group too.

As always, the Admins and Moderators reserve the right to oversee and make changes to the rules as this forum evolves. Groups are a privilege and not a right.

If you have any questions, either PM me with the "Subject: Groups Question -" or email me at adminwolfie@goblinsforum.com