Badge and Title for Patreon Supporters

All announcements will be posted here. This is where you should go to report problems and make suggestions.
SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Badge and Title for Patreon Supporters

Post by SeeAMoose » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Just a heads-up to all forumites who are supporting Goblins on Patreon. We now have a special usergroup for patrons, which comes with its own rank and badge. I made a post in Thunt's Patreon activity feed, visible only to logged in patrons of the comic, with more information about how to sign up for this group and get the badge. Follow the instructions there, and we'll be happy to add the rank and badge for you.

We are also looking into creating a special area on the forums for patrons at the $5 and up level to discuss the sketches exclusive to that reward level.

Thanks again to everyone for supporting the comic in whatever way you comfortably can, whether that be on Patreon, by spreading the word, or just by reading (though preferably without an adblocker).

All the best,

Moose and the Forum Team

Edit: Anyone with questions is welcome to post them here.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Alvarin
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Alvarin__

Re: Badge and Title for Patreon Supporters

Post by Alvarin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:38 pm

I am marked as a supporter on the forums (thanks, that was quick!) but sadly get this -
Patreon $5 Club
You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.
Does it take time for the permission to propagate through the forum boards?

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:15 pm

At the moment we're working on getting things set up for that forum. The post I made on patreon was just for the title and badge for the moment. There is a separate group that provides access to the subforum, and we're only adding people if we can verify that they're a $5+ patron.

The plan is to have Thunt make a post for $5 patrons down the line with a passphrase, but we do have a way to verify people in the interim. The people we've added so far have all commented on one of the $5 sketch posts with some kind of identifying feature such as using the same username, avatar or including their forum username in the post. If you'd like to do the same just make a post on one of those sketches and send me a message.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Wesley Foxx
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Wesley Foxx » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:53 pm

The advantages of using the same name and whatnot everywhere. :V
------------------------------------------