CTF Game 4 - Turn 8 Please VOTE for MVP

Nerre
Game Master

Re: CTF Game 4 - Turn 4- tides turn

Post by Nerre » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:47 am

Thanks. I wasnt sute but the dice were on the side of zhe attacker. So it didnt matter. :)
:zzz:

Nerre
Game Master

CTF Game 4 - Turn 5

Post by Nerre » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:43 pm

After the large match, some of the clan members wander off the field to rest, while others cannot get enough of this game, so the decide to hold another training game, although a bit smaller this time.

Turn 5

In the first half, Stands and Dreamer respawn, Dreamer on B6, Stands on A6. Noname uses the absence of two thirds of the other team to advance to B4, earning him 1 advancement xp.
Yells remains where he is and cheers for Bomb.
Charger, being the only one of his team left to face their oponents, stands his ground and guards. And so does Bomb, which leads to the only encounter in this half.
► Show Spoiler
Despite Yells cheering Bomb loses the battle and has to stand up as his first action next turn. Charger however, takes home 1 xp and 1 point for the blue team.

red-blue 2-3

In the second half, Charger tries to continue his winning spree by tackling into B3, but with Yells moving forward to B4, he has no target.
Charger gets a 5% penalty for the next turn, while Yells gets 1 xp for advancing.
Stands moves up to B6.
Bomb relaxes a bit on the ground, still feeling dizzy.
Seeing that the half lacks of action so far, No Name and Dreamer decide to both tackle into B5.
► Show Spoiler
With their chances being equal, Dreamer gets the better end out of their encounter. He knocks No Name down and sends him home, earning himself 2 xp and 1 point for the blue team.

red-blue 2-4

Rules and signups

Discuss all your tactics inside the team, then pm me with the final moves. Please don't copy me in for all messages, as I don't want to get confused or make mistakes cause moves are taken back or changed. Better for the sake of the game. I'll update when everyone (myself included) is ready.

If you find any mistakes in the game math or picture tell me, I will try to fix it.

The game ends on 12 points.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: CTF Game 4 - Turn 5

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:11 pm

In turn 5-1 you say point for red, but count it for blue... (bomb vs Charger)
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Charger couldn't tackle/move to B3 after engaging in a tussle :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:13 pm

from the rules wrote:If the winner was trying to pin their turn ends
Since I won the tussle against bomb, I shouldn't have been able to tackle into b3. Only put that in my move in case bomb didn't guard and I lost. So I should still be on b2 and suffer no penalty next turn.

edit: ninjad
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:37 pm

The math in my tussle was wrong in the sense Dreamer should be given one less since he didn't move two squares to tackle, but it doesn't matter in the end.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Sorry, corrected it to "blue team" in the text.

Under guard it says:
- Guard
Defend the square you are in. If an opponent enters your square this move, you engage them in a tussle, attempting to pin them. While Guarding, the player negates the opponent's Tackle bonus. However, standing around too long will make your legs stiff, so a player that takes multiple Guard actions in one square takes a cumulative -5% penalty for each Guard action after the first. This penalty is negated after the player moves to another square.
Nothing about ending the turn.

Only under tackle I spotted it:
...However, should there be no opponent at the end of the tackle, the player loses the rest of the turn, and suffers a -5% penalty on tussles next turn...
But they did not tackle.

However, I found this under tussle:
If the winner was trying to pin their turn ends,
Maybe this combined with this part from guard
If an opponent enters your square this move, you engage them in a tussle, attempting to pin them.
could be interpreted into "They tried to pin each other".
On the other hand, it says "enters". But both were already there, they did not enter. So they could as well also trying to dodge each other. I only rolled for a fight cause this is how it was done all games so far.
What about if one tried to leave while the other guarded? Same than if he entered or was already there?

Can we get a clearer phrasing for this? Like
If an opponent is present (enters or already is) in your square this move, you engage them in a tussle, attempting to pin them.
I would expect that leaving chars are not getting into a tussel cause somebody guards, similar to a tackle which does autofail if somebody is leaving and both move into the same direction.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:40 pm

M0rtimer wrote:The math in my tussle was wrong in the sense Dreamer should be given one less since he didn't move two squares to tackle, but it doesn't matter in the end.
You are half right, half wrong.
It is 10% per tile, so his number is right. But the mistake lies in your number, it should have been +4 instead of +2. But the result is the same.
Edited into the update.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:46 pm

the math on dreamer wasn't wrong, but no name's was, since he moved two tiles it should have been +4 not +2

Also I don't think the rules are unclear they're just a bit disorganized at times. Some rules which apply in multiple situations don't always appear in specific sections.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Any guard or tackle action is an attempt to pin an opponent - Consecutively, either of them ends your turn if you're successful in using it, with the addition that tackling will always end your turn.

And yeah I was wrong there for a sec- It was indeed +4 for me. Again not that it matters since the dice hate us apparently.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Okay, that sounds easier. guard + tackle = fight if oponent present. All kinds of fight end the turn for both, except for a successful dodge.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:44 pm

Nerre wrote:Okay, that sounds easier. guard + tackle = fight if oponent present. All kinds of fight end the turn for both, except for a successful dodge.
Exactly.

As for Dreamer, you forgot his defender bonus. He gets +2 when guarding of tackling in his half of the field.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:13 am

So Righteous Charger is on B2, instead of B3?

Just asking as that will change possible moves...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:16 am

He should be, yes.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:56 am

yes. Updated the text and picture.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:39 pm

PS: Press F5 or STR+F5 to update pictures.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Do you have all moves?
I know we sent ours in already... (on 9 and 10 June)...

Anyway, going to bed now, have a fine weekend, all!

Nerre
Game Master

CTF Game 4 - Turn 6

Post by Nerre » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:14 pm

After the large match, some of the clan members wander off the field to rest, while others cannot get enough of this game, so the decide to hold another training game, although a bit smaller this time.

Turn 6

In the first half, Charger advances to B1, earning himself 1 xp for advancing and 1 point for his blue team for getting to the red flag.
No Name cannot do much against it, except to spawn right beside him in B1.
Same for Bomb, who stands up in B2.
Dreamer and Stands both advance one field to the left, with Dreamer tackling the guarding Yells in B4.
► Show Spoiler
Yells, despite of guarding and anticipating Dreamers tackle, loses and gets pinned. He has to respawn as first action next turn, while Dreamer takes home 2 xp and 1 point for the blue team.

red-blue 2-6

In the second half, Dreamer stands over the fallen Yells, while Stands tackles into C5. Yes, technically Yells could have been there now, but he wasn't. So Stands gets a -1 penalty on tussels next turn.
No Name tackles into B2, expecting Charger to be there, only that he is not. He too gets a -1 penalty on tussels next turn.
Charges dares to pick up the flag, despite of two hostiles being around.
Bomb tries to stop him by tackling into B1. Let's see if Charger can dodge him and pick up the flag.
► Show Spoiler
Again, the dice side up with the blue team, allowing Charger to perfectly dodge Bomb's attack and to pick up the flag. This earns him 1 xp for winning the tussel, 3 more xp for the flag capture, and 1 point for his team. Now he only has to bring the flag home. Can the red team stop him and end the blue streak?

red-blue 2-7

Rules and signups

Discuss all your tactics inside the team, then pm me with the final moves. Please don't copy me in for all messages, as I don't want to get confused or make mistakes cause moves are taken back or changed. Better for the sake of the game. I'll update when everyone (myself included) is ready.

If you find any mistakes in the game math or picture tell me, I will try to fix it.

The game ends on 12 points.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: CTF Game 4 - Turn 6

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:22 pm

Erm... So why did Yells suddenly get the 11-20 dice, when so far we've always had the lower part of the rolls..?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:37 pm

Cause I wrote:

Attacker = lower, if nobody attacks Red = lower.
With Dreamer tackling and Yells guarding, Dreamer was attacking.

If it helps you to no see the 10 as a "could have been mine" number: randomizer programms use the system time, so if I had taken 0.0001 sec longer or shorter to write things in, it would have been another number anyway. And I am so bold to claim that having written another sequence, my typing pattern on the keyboard would have been different, ending with a slightly different time of generating the random number, which means a different number. ;)
So it really doesn't matter who gets the lower and who the larger numbers. As long as I do not dice the D20 and THEN look who gets which numbers, it really, really does not matter.
I feel with you, red team, though.

But if you want I can change it to red = lower, blue = higher if you want. Than it is always the same method.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:02 am

As defender, the "my own side" bonus +2 does not get negated, so the 10 is always mine, whether I get the lower dice side or not... (It's a defender bonus, not a tackle bonus). But this is my interpretation though.

:)
SeeAMoose wrote:- Defender. Gets +10% when Guarding or Tackling on own half. (In combat, defenders have +1 defense instead.)

[...]
Points are awarded for [...]:
[*] 1 point for advancing all the way to the opponent's flag square. You have to return to your own half before you can score another point like this.[/list]
- Experience
In practise matches, players get:
  • 1xp for winning a tussle
  • 1xp for sending an opponent back to their back row
  • 3xp for participating in a successful flag capture
One thing though, the flag capture is usually only awarded when the flag has been broight back to our own half. Right now we have their flag, but the capture requires the flag to be on our half. So the three XP are not awarded yet...

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:51 am

Not that it changes anything this time, but Bomb should have gotten a tackle bonus.

Also, remember that carrying the flag negates some bonuses.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:11 am

Just a recommendation for dealing with the rolls, rather than aligning them with the attacker or defender (which can get confusing) arrange them by teams. So blue team is always 1-10 (or whatever the low portion is), and red team is always 11-20 (or the higher part). That way there's never any confusion or doubt that the roll should have gone the other way.

Kinda disappointed to see the updates this slow though.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:30 am

Some of the turns i had to wait for posts. I can go back to the old rule - those who miss it do not move, except their captains suggest a move.

Ediz. I already wrote i will try the system withred:blue. :)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:45 pm

What would be your update rhythm?
Sun-Wed-Fri?

Just asking...