CTF Practice Game 2 MVP VOTE CLOSED

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: CTF Practice Game 2

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:42 am

It's a 5% penalty on all rolls due to the sprint.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Turn 6, part 1. Score: 3-4

Things start out rather bland - Carves a Pumpkin guarding, though Boar slayer seems to prefer taking the scenic route. Hides cloth meanwhile, finds himself entering a situation eerily similar to last turn- Even though the missed tackle does get him an advancement exp.

Turn 6, part 2. Score: 3-6

But it's not before long that Tumbles Down a Hill tackles straight back into him!
► Show Spoiler
Red point! And Tumbles Down a Hill gets two exp for sending Hides cloth back home. Yells at Others meanwhile advances into the flag square, getting him a final advancement exp as well as another point for his team.

Blue team:
Nerre 1 exp
Hides cloth Must warp back as first action next turn. 6 exp
Boar slayer 5% missed tackle penalty, cannot sprint for 1 turn. 3 exp

Red team:
Tumbles Down a Hill 6 exp
Yells at Others 4 exp
Carves a Pumpkin 10% guard penalty until he leaves the square. 2 exp[/quote]
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:32 pm

...okay i am being dumb but what does a sucessful flag grab do?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:37 pm

3 exp for everyone involved in the flag run, 5 points for the team that does the flag run, and the ability to gain advancement exp is reset for that team.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Involved in what way exacly? Does it have be direct involvement? What if a team member tackles where they think an opponet will be at while opponets chase the flag carrier?

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:46 pm

It's up to the GM to decide who counts as being involved, but generally as long as someone is trying to help the flag bearer score they get xp. That could mean guarding their retreat, serving as a distraction, carrying the flag themselves, cheering on the flag bearer. Again, it's up to the GM, but there is generally a lot of leniency on that matter.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:00 am

Turn 7, part 1. Score: 3-7

Nerre is not going to give Yells at Others a chance to grab that flag - Sadly, he was anticipating just that, as he guards in retaliation!
► Show Spoiler
Yells at Others manages to remain standing, earning himself another exp and another red point! Meanwhile Hides cloth warps back next to them, as Tumbles Down a Hill sprints up. Carves a Pumpkin and Boar slayer seem to be having a "thing" in the upper right square...

Turn 7, part 2. Score: 3-7

In the second half, Nerre is left watching helplessly as Yells at Others grabs the flag. Now he just has to get it back to their half... Boar slayer meanwhile tackles down, but Carves a Pumpkin had moved to guard the flag square.

Blue team:
Nerre Must stand up as first action next turn. 1 exp
Hides cloth 6 exp
Boar slayer 5% missed tackle penalty, cannot sprint for 1 turn. 3 exp

Red team:
Yells at Others 5 exp
Carves a Pumpkin 5% guard penalty until he leaves the square. 2 exp

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:27 am

M0rtimer wrote:Carves a Pumpkin and Boar slayer seem to be having a "thing" in the upper right square...
Carves a Pumpkin should have been Dances with Enemy.

Edited to correct coloring in quote.
Last edited by Davis8488 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:45 am

How did carves get two exp?

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:08 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Turn 2, part 1. Score: 1-1

The round starts off excitingly - As Boar slayer immediately tackles into the guarding Carves a pumpkin!
► Show Spoiler
The defender manages to stick out, winning a point for his team and 2 exp for himself!
1xp for winning the tussle, 1xp for sending an opponent back to their own half.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:24 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:How did carves get two exp?
It was early, before I started dancing with everybody on your side.

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:14 am

Hey M0rt, is this to 15 points? More? or is it to a set number of turns.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:38 am

Hmm, yes... I didn't quite set any rules at the start of this, did I? :P

Let's put the same rules as game 1- First to 15 points, but must win by two points.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:09 pm

I am having no luck at all. Had to attack but was expecting him to guard.
:zzz:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:17 pm

You could have waited till the second half of the turn :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:47 am

Turn 8, part 1. Score: 4-8

An exciting turn promises to be afoot - As towards the left the flag carrier attempts to make a getaway, while meanwhile on the red half Carves a Pumpkin starts sprinting to support - But didn't anticipate Boar slayer guarding!
► Show Spoiler
Carves a Pumpkin however, manages to slip through! Gaining 1 exp for himself and 1 team point.

In the left half meanwhile, Hides cloth is not intent on letting Yells at Others escape - But tackles into a mutually tackling Tumbles Down a Hill!
► Show Spoiler
Tumbles Down a Hill is taken down by Hides cloth! Earning a blue point and 2 exp for him. It does allow Yells at Others to slip through...

Turn 8, part 2. Score: 5-9

Nerre might get a chance to fix that however- As he tackles straight after Yells at Others!
► Show Spoiler
But he ends up giving him the slip, as Nerre curses his rotten luck, and Yells at Others manages to make off with another exp and red team point. Boar slayer however meanwhile tackles into the enemy flag square - Getting his team a point that way, as well as his final advancement exp.

Blue team:
Nerre 1 exp
Hides cloth 8 exp
Boar slayer 5% missed tackle penalty 5 exp

Red team:
Tumbles Down a Hill Must warp back as first action next turn. 6 exp
Yells at Others 6 exp
Carves a Pumpkin 3 exp
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:38 am

How does he get 10% bonus for being a defender? He wasnt defending....he was sprinting.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:40 am

Use other dice, those bring bad luck, at least for me. ;) now i even lost with a 70% success chance. Sorry guys.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:49 am

Defenders always get a 10% bonus on their own half.

You know Burns, all these rules are stated in the recruitment thread... :roll:

edit: Oh wait, I'm wrong! It's only when tackling or defending on their own half that they get that 10% bonus - Sorry Burns. Unless I made another mistake somewhere however, it doesn't matter though.

And sorry Nerre. I think you'll have to complain against atmospheric noise, since I'm using random.org for the rolls... :roll:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:03 am

I don't complain, I know how bad dice seem sometimes from out BT or D&D pen and paper games. A warrior in our group once cut of his own foot after rolling the worst possible result for his attack, and as a result of that a vampire bit me, costing me one level. That level was exactly the minimum level for me being able to reattach limbs and heal broken bones, so it was a tripple fail. Foot gone, level gone and could not heal it. The next encounter I just tried to open the fight by hiding and backstabbing, and I two times rolled the maximum, halving the hitpoints of said vampire before the fight even began. Sometimes the dice hate you, some times they love you, that's life.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:35 am

Why did yells suffer a penalty for carrying the flag?
The Rules wrote: Carrying the flag

While carrying the flag, the player cannot Guard or Tackle and does not gain bonuses from skills or feats that doesn't concern flag carrying. If the flag carrier loses a tussle and is pinned, the flag is dropped. If no teammates are left standing in the square, the flag returns to its starting position. (It's a magic flag.) The flag may be dropped as a free action.
If the flag is carried back to your own half, the team gets 5 points! All players in the team that participated in the attack run (determined by referee) gets 3 exp. Additionally, anyone earning xp for participating in a flag run must return to their own half before touching the flag or earning xp as part of a flag capture again.
The game cannot end while a member of the losing team has the flag.
Also, shouldn't Nerre have suffered a 5% penalty for having a teammate in the same square.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:38 am

Well... I could have sworn the flag carrier takes a 10% penalty - Apparently not.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Got all the moves so... Double update day!

Turn 9, part 1. Score: 6-9

The turn starts off exciting- Neither Nerre nor Hides cloth willing to let Yells at Others escape without at least a tussle- Both tackling straight after him!
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
as Hides cloth misses, Nerre's bad luck finally breaks- As he manages to stop Yells at Others flag run, earning 2 exp for himself and a blue team point! Boar slayer meanwhile, seems to be thinking about his own flag run...

Turn 9, part 2. Score: 6-9

Carves a Pumpkin meanwhile had moved to guard Yells at Others's retreat, but had misestimated the way the blue team would go about doing so- As both Boar slayer and Tumbles Down a Hill start moving back towards the left field...

Blue team:
Nerre 3 exp
Hides cloth 8 exp
Boar slayer 5 exp

Red team:
Yells at Others Must warp back as first action next turn. 6 exp
Carves a Pumpkin 4 exp

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Once again I'm in the wrong square to fight.

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:42 pm

Turn 10, part 1. Score: 6-9

Tumbles Down a Hill tackles up, hoping to intercept the escaping Boar slayer- But ends up missing as he instead sprints away from him! Hides cloth meanwhile, attempts to intercept the only person who could stop him at this point - Carves a Pumpkin.
► Show Spoiler
But Carves a Pumpkin steps to the side, as he hits only empty space!

Turn 10, part 2. Score: 11-9

But it doesn't matter- As Carves a Pumpkin tackles into the wrong space to attempt and stop Boar slayer's flag run, crossing the line and bringing home the bacon! His team shoots ahead with 5 points, and he earns 3 exp over the flag run as well. Nerre meanwhile tackles after Carves a Pumpkin, although he's long gone...

Blue team:
Nerre 5% missed tackle penalty 3 exp
Hides cloth 5% missed tackle penalty 8 exp
Boar slayer 8 exp

Red team:
Tumbles Down a Hill 5% missed tackle penalty 6 exp
Yells at Others 6 exp
Carves a Pumpkin 5% missed tackle penalty 4 exp