Capture The Flag: Mission 1 - Hunting - Turn 25

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Capture The Flag: Mission 1 - Hunting Turn 5 (early upda

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:37 am

Of course... Our arch enemies, the trees! Tons of natural armor, HP... Thor's most hated enemy...

Righteous should also get an OHKO badge. :P

Anyways seems we're targetting the rabbit to the left so... I'll start off with moving to E3 to get behind the rabbit.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Re: Capture The Flag: Mission 1 - Hunting Turn 5

Post by SeeAMoose » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Mines and No Name move North together to catch the rabbit in a pincer maneuver... only to have the rabbit start charging towards them (for a good reason too given the bite a fox just gave his buddy).
Righteous moves West to participate in the maneuver while Pats sprints to catch up with him.
Dreamer moves South so that he can get another look into that log.

Righteous and Pats keep moving West. Mines and No Name move further North... only to have the rabbit run right into their square... apparently too terrified of the fox to pay much attention to where it's going. His rabbit buddy is able to get away from the fox but is clearly very injured. Dreamer kneels down and takes a peek into the log...

...and sees two fox cubs fast asleep. Somehow having slept through having their mom charge past them... you know before you murdered her. :halofall:

Players:
Has No Name Level 3 Defender, 4/5 HP, 1 ATK, 3 DEF:
Improved Guarding 1, Banner Guardian 1 +1 DEF
Dreamer Level 2 Defender, 5/5 HP, 1 ATK, 3 DEF:
Tackle Stamina 1 +1 DEF
Righteous Charger Level 3 Attacker, 5/5 HP, 3 ATK, 1 DEF:
Sprint Endurance 1 +1 ATK, Improved Tackle 1
Mines Flags Level 2 Strategist, 6/6 HP, 1 ATK, 1 DEF:
Cheer effectiveness 1
Pats Dragons Level 3 Strategist, 6/6 HP, 1 ATK, 1 DEF:
Cheer Effectiveness 1, Cheer Range 1

Stole a page from LSN's book and put my own style to it, hope you guys like it (just don't expect things like this often, it was a fair bit of work... even if the fox was just tracing for the basic shape and then a couple of brushes to get it right). I debated including Dreamer's head... but wasn't satisfied with how it turned out and wasn't sure I could make it work.
► Show Spoiler
Also, I just realized that I made that fox way too weak (when compared to the rabbits and you guys), so I'm just going to say that both of you ignored it's Def entirely.

Lurkers:
I may have a fun little job for anyone who's interested, just send me a message.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Capture The Flag: Mission 1 - Hunting Turn 5 (early upda

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:10 pm

...God darn it, fox cubs are gonna be the new boars.

I suppose they ARE cuter than boars... And I've heard rumors about them being able to be tamed, though I'm not sure if that's just an urban myth or actual fact.

Anyways... Guess I'll guard to try and catch that rabbit- So guard twice.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Capture The Flag: Mission 1 - Hunting Turn 6 D'awwww

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:16 pm

...How are the trees moving? they moved to the right and down....

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:20 pm

The trees aren't, the grid and the window we're viewing through are.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:39 pm

hmmm... tempted to deal with the cubs. Maybe take one as a pet. But we've got a fox and rabbit to deal with. The fox might herd the rabbit to the right. So perhaps I should tackle d4.

Also its hard to see through the tree I missed it the first time, but there is a rabbit on the square with mines in no name just in case anyone missed it.

Also were the foxes actually too easy? keep in mind I'm the only one with more than 1 attack.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Yeah sorry, meant to mention that. There is in fact a rabbit in the same square as No Name and Mines. The fox should have had 1 more HP is all.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:17 pm

Almost went awwhh... but our clan has slaughtered the fox population before and we have a wreck the ecosystem objective which might mean killing the cubs. So dreamer can snap the necks now... >:D easy meat.

Pats seeing that his pincer movement is already being done by a fox rolls his eyes and chases after charger run to C4

thats another fox up the top right an either a pile of rocks or a den.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Mines cheers Has No Name, then cheers Righteous Charger.

That should cancel out the penalty for being in the same square. Hopefully the second rabbit will run directly into my arms.

As for the foxes... They're competing predators. There was probably an achievement for leaving them alive, but too late now. Thing is, these are our clan's hunting grounds. And something has driven down the rabbit population. This family of foxes probably has something to do with that. They've invaded our bunny meat farm!

If we can capture the cubs alive somehow, maybe we can bring them home. But I don't know what we'd do with them. And I don't think we came with any rope or anything we could use to seal off the log. I'm not really seeing much alternative here.

I do wonder who is in control of the foxes. Maybe we'll find out at the end of the game whom Moose recruited for the job.
Last edited by WearsHats on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updating move
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:56 pm

Considering the job posting is after the foxes came in I'm guessing he or she would be in control of something bigger?

Also I'm tackling d4 so if you wanted to to cheer instead of tackle I'd be up to 17-3.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:31 am

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Considering the job posting is after the foxes came in I'm guessing he or she would be in control of something bigger?
Yeah, but when asked how he controlled the foxes, Moose said he neither prepared their actions in advance nor made them contingent upon our actions. Given the job posting, I'm guessing he quietly had someone lined up for the fox. I could be wrong. Not that it matters, really. I'm just curious. Either way, we've got foxes to tackle.
Also I'm tackling d4 so if you wanted to to cheer instead of tackle I'd be up to 17-3.
Ah, right. I saw that and then forgot. I'll make the change.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Capture The Flag: Mission 1 - Hunting Turn 6 KILL FRENZY

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:51 am

Patdragon wrote:Almost went awwhh... but our clan has slaughtered the fox population before and we have a wreck the ecosystem objective which might mean killing the cubs. So dreamer can snap the necks now... >:D easy meat.
Dreamer sees far too many Foxes all around, and suspects that the food shortage may be due to the foxes, and he doesn't like stringy fox meat. So he grabs into the log and kills the first fox cub. Then he grabs into the log again and kills the other fox cub before it can scream to mommy for help.

Really, too many foxes, that might be bad for our health. One dead, two alive, plus two fox cubs. And only two rabbits visible now (one of which likely is wounded (the one at D2 has been bitten)).

Edit: changed title. Fox cubs look cute, but they DO bite and that is not healthy. They are close to untameable, and will turn on you if you don't control them tightly (foxes can go into a kill frenzy during their hunt and then bite everything they can reach, killing far more than necessary to feed their family/ies - which is why they can be very problematic. I love seeing them them on the field across of our street, but I don't like knowing that they've been several times in my garden, and I'm making sure they don't find a hiding spot to their liking, although I do want hiding spots for other animals, which is difficult to combine, as foxes are less demanding than most other animals with respect to their burrow/hiding spot).

Also: lovely drawing. I wouldn't show Dreamers head either, as Dreamer is looking into the log, and you're not someone who is on the field (scaring rabbits away) and looking over Dreamers head. Thanks for going the extra mile, but sorry for me being so heartless.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:06 am

You're monsters. :(

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:07 am

Well, we are goblins.

But I'm sure the story of our killing spree will show up on Fox News.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Hunting Turn 6 KILL FRENZY

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:07 am

SeeAMoose wrote:The clan's hunting has been less successful the normal recently, and the Thickhead clan will be arriving soon for their monthly "protection" payment/tribute. Your job is to catch some food for your clan, at least enough that nothing untoward happens when the Thickhead's visit. It would also be worth finding out what is causing the food shortage and eliminate the problem.
[...]
At one time your clan slaughtered most of the local fox population. Foxes are typically quick and clever, but very rarely attack humanoids. However, they are fiercely territorial and will attack if they feel threatened. They have very sharp teeth and often move in small packs. They often hide in burrows under boulders and in tree trunks.

Mission details:

Primary objective (individual): Survive without major injury. (1xp)
Primary objective (group): Return with enough meat for the clan and as tribute. (4xp each)
Secondary objective: Find out what is causing the rabbit population to shrink so dramatically, and rectify the problem. (Wreck the ecosystem so that rabbits reproduce like... well rabbits!) (3 xp each)
Bonus objective(s): ?
Foxes do reduce the rabbit's ability to reproduce like... well rabbits.

And I always wanted to say something on Fox News. Even if the editors would not really like to hear what... as my political colour is not inclined towards Fox News.

But GNN (Goblin News Network) does not exist (well, there is a Youtube GNN... :oops: ).
We're medially underrrepresented!

Hmm, we already once killed most foxes. Where do they all come from?
Are neighbouring clans driving their foxes towards our territory / hunting grounds? - Do we need to fight a war with the Thickheads to prevent them from shooing their foxes towards us? (Plus we'd be free of paying tribute then - but likely it would mean we'd get hung by the Thickheads...)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:27 am

We don't need to kill them! We can take them with us and raise them! It'll be like the boar all over again but actually cute!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Hunting Turn 6 KILLING SPREE

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:52 am

Don't, just don't.
Foxes are cute to look at, but they are not cuddly. Not at all.
Have you ever witnessed a fox going into a blood frenzy?
They will bite everything that moves.
Even if it's just a twig in the wind.
Or the leg of a wolf.

Or your cute offspring.

No. Keep them away from my family and home.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:04 am

So would Boars, and we managed to dress THEM in cute frilly ribbons.

...Also I think we painted the female one pink? XD

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Hunting Turn 6: blood rush

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:05 am

I don't remember that.... Was it a game on one of the previous forums?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:08 am

Yup, the old CTF games NI hosted.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Re: Capture The Flag: Mission 1 - Hunting Turn 7

Post by SeeAMoose » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:24 pm

The turn begins with the fox off to the West noticing a goblin crouched down by his kits. It starts screaming and barking, raising an unholy racket as it starts sprinting towards its home. Undeterred and with no pangs of remorse at the thought of murdering two adorable little kits, Dreamer proceeds to kill them... or at least he tries to, it seems that they have more than 1 HP each. (He was able to hit one of them without having to roll because they were asleep) Between hearing the alarm barks and having a pink goblin try to kill them the kits come fully awake and all hell breaks loose in the log. Pats and Righteous move North to help with the rabbit hunting. Mines cheers on No Name as he tries to keep the rabbit from getting away.
► Show Spoiler
The rabbit runs right past the two goblins, clearly more terrified of the fox that was chasing it. The fox to the North sniffs around the boulders and then moves East.

Dreamer takes another swipe at the injured kit before it can run away.
► Show Spoiler
The kits escape the far end of the log yipping loudly, further enraging the charging fox. One of them is clearly badly injured. No Name keeps guarding the now empty square. Pats keeps moving North and Righteous tackles North at the rabbit that the fox bit with Mines cheering him on.
► Show Spoiler
Righteous wins and snaps the rabbit's neck easily. The Northern fox moves out of view.

Players:
Has No Name Level 3 Defender, 4/5 HP, 1 ATK, 3 DEF:
Improved Guarding 1, Banner Guardian 1 +1 DEF
Dreamer Level 2 Defender, 5/5 HP, 1 ATK, 3 DEF:
Tackle Stamina 1 +1 DEF
Righteous Charger Level 3 Attacker, 5/5 HP, 3 ATK, 1 DEF:
Sprint Endurance 1 +1 ATK, Improved Tackle 1
Mines Flags Level 2 Strategist, 6/6 HP, 1 ATK, 1 DEF:
Cheer effectiveness 1
Pats Dragons Level 3 Strategist, 6/6 HP, 1 ATK, 1 DEF:
Cheer Effectiveness 1, Cheer Range 1

Rabbit 1: Fleeing
Rabbit 2: MEAT
Kit 1: Uninjured
Kit 2: Injured
Fox 1: PISSED
Fox 2: Leaving the area.

Next update tomorrow, I'll try to update twice if I have all the moves by morning too. Also considering replacing the banner in my signature with a GIF, was hoping you guys could weigh in with your opinions on whether it'd get annoying: Image

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Capture The Flag: Mission 1 - Turn 7: Killing Frenzy?

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Righteous tackles d4 b4

whoops fixed the mistake
Last edited by ChuckDaRighteous on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:41 pm

Ummm... Chuck you're in D4, and the rabbit is dead already >_>

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Awww

Awwwwww

Can we really not capture them and keep them. We can go and release them in Thickhead lands when they grow up. :(

But yeah, definitely seems we're gonna need to take out some of these foxes. I still can't help feel sad for the babies though.

Anyways, you sure of that Chuck? You currently are in D4... :P

I think I'll double-tackle B5. (Maybe I hit the log again. That'd definitely be worth a 'chievement.)

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:41 pm

run c5, cheer righteous
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem