UStream Username: See_a_Moose

CTF Game 1 Turn 11 Game Over MVP Vote Closed

Post by SeeAMoose » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:44 am

Rules and signups can be found here.
On the Blue team we have:
Dreamer, Mines Flags, and last but certainly not least Bravely Runs Away

On the Red team we have:
Pats Dragons, Has No Name, and Righteous Charger

This match will be first to 15 points, but you must win by 2. Ideally, I would like to post the first round tomorrow evening, but given that it is the weekend if I don't have all of the votes by 7:00 PM EST tomorrow night I will wait until 7:00PM Monday. Please PM me your moves by then and select a team captain. Best of Luck!

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: CTF Game 1 Start

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:00 am

Just to confirm since we're so close in color, I'm on A6 and Name is on B6?
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:49 am

Quick refresher:

Blue team:
Defender: Dreamer (Krulle)
Strategist: Mines Flags (WearsHats)
Attacker: Bravely Runs Away (Nolandking)

Red team:
Defender: Has No Name (M0rtimer)
Strategist: Pats Dragons (Patdragon)
Attacker: Righteous Charger (ChuckDaRighteous)

I'm going to initiate a PM conversation with my team to determine captainship and coordinate opening moves. I suggest the other team do the same, if you haven't already.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:05 am

Yup, I contacted meh mates. We'll pm Moose once we settle on what we wanna do, since I figure it'd be a slight mess if he has to slog through our messages. :P

And just read through some of the old games... Ah, good times. Hey, who of you wants to be my rival? :roll:

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:03 pm

M0rtimer wrote:Hey, who of you wants to be my rival? :roll:
Since I'm a defender, I suppose Righteous Charger is my most likely direct rival....
But I intend to land above you in any ranking anyway!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:02 pm

Still waiting on a move from nolandking, if he gets it to me tonight I'll update right away, if not it'll be tomorrow.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Re: CTF Game 1 Turn 2

Post by SeeAMoose » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:26 pm

It begins!
The first part of the turn is fairly uneventful, with both teams essentially mirroring each other's moves.
Things get a little bit more interesting in the latter half of the turn as the blues begin to arrange themselves, with Bravely Runs Away hanging back, perhaps for some secret plan? Only time will tell. As the Reds advance Has No Name tackles forward... into an empty square. And with that the first turn of this inaugural match comes to an end.

Edit: PM'd moves due by 7PM tomorrow. Good luck all.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Re: CTF Game 1 Turn 1

Post by SeeAMoose » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Okay... I think there was some confusion about the update schedule or perhaps not enough time to react to the update because I only just received my first move from the blue team. In the interest of getting this game off to the start it really deserves, I'm going to extend the deadline until tomorrow at noon EST. Thankfully I will have time to update around that time tomorrow. The red team will of course be able to revise their moves if they so desire. Following that update your moves will be due by PM no later than 8:00PM EST on Wednesday.

I would like to update 5-6 days/week, but ultimately this game is about you all, and if that is too much for you I can slow it down so that you have at least a day between updates. Please tell me what you think.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:37 pm

Personally I like a fast update schedule. Its simple enough that I don't want time to over think moves or lose interest while waiting. The only thing that concerns me is having enough time to coordinate team members with different schedules. Luckily its small 3 man teams and our team at least seems fairly active. I don't know how blue team's schedule lines up but if its tough for them then I'd be good with a ~36-48 hour schedule but I'd prefer ~24 hr.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:17 am

Yeah, I must admit I wasn't too sure if the update would be today or tomorrow since we live in different timezones. I just played safe in general. 24 hour schedule (Well, more like 22 considering you'd need time to update as well) works for me, but I'm fine extending that if somebody can't keep up with that. Otherwise, a captain can provide actions, no?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:22 am

I'm in favour of fast updates, but I wanted to coordinate with my teammembers, so I sent my proposal to them (early in my morning). They reacted long after I was offline again (and I was on for 9 hours yesterday), and I did not get back to online this morning.
I will amend my behaviour, and send proposed moves directly to Moose as well, and might have to amend my moves afterwards if my teammembers can convince me how stupid I am to sprint as a defender for the flag...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:27 am

I'm fine either way. I usually check the boards several times a day, so even though my schedule can be somewhat unpredictable, I should be able to keep up with daily moves. That said, the blue team does seem to be in very different time zones, which makes it hard to coordinate moves. A 48 hour schedule might be more realistic, and I personally don't mind that. Whatever works out is good with me.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:40 am

► Show Spoiler

Mines Flags tackles into A3 hitting nothing but air as
Dreamer does the same in B3. Meanwhile, Bravely Runs Away sprints up column A and Righteous Charger goes from one side of the field to the other. Has No Name guards B4 with
Pats Dragons cheering him on.

Mines Flags and Dreamer spend the rest of their turns standing up. Has No Name continues to guard B4 with Pats Dragons cheering him on. Bravely Runs Away continues his sprint up column A finishing in A5 earning himself 2xp and Righteous Charger completes his sneaky move crossing the border into blue territory earning himself 1xp.

Blue Team
Mines Flags Suffers a 5% penalty on tussles next turn due to his missed tackle.
Dreamer Suffers a 5% penalty on tussles next turn due to his missed tackle.
Bravely Runs Away Suffers a 5% penalty on rolls next turn due to fatigue and cannot sprint for 2 turns. Has 2 xp

Red Team

Has No Name
Pats Dragons
Righteous Charger - Suffers a 5% penalty on rolls next turn due to fatigue and cannot sprint for 2 turns. Has 1 xp

Next moves due by 8:00PM EST tomorrow (about 30 hours from now).

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Re: CTF Game 1 Turn 3

Post by SeeAMoose » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:17 pm

Turn 3, part 1. Score: 0-0.

Mines advances into red territory, gaining 1xp for himself. Seeing Righteous racing towards an unguarded flag Dreamer moves to defend. Meanwhile, Runs Away continues up to the the Red's home row, earning himself 1xp. No Name and Pats retreat to defend against him.

Turn 3, part 2. Score: 0-1.
Mines advances further into Red territory, gaining one more xp. Dreamer returns to the flag square as Righteous arrives at the Blue's home row earning 2xp after advancing these two squares. Has No Name tackles into the flag square, assuming Runs Away will go for the flag, which was a good call... were it not for the fact that Pats beat him to the punch, tackling Runs Away before he can even leave A6.
► Show Spoiler

Blue Team
Mines Flags: 2xp
Dreamer
Bravely Runs Away Cannot sprint for 1 turn. 3 xp, must respawn next turn in the Blue's home row (Column 1)

Red Team

Has No Name Suffers a 5% penalty on tussles next turn due to his missed tackle.
Pats Dragons 1xp
Righteous Charger - Cannot sprint for 1 turn. 3xp

Next moves due by 8:00PM EST on Friday (about 48 hours from now). As much as I would like to update 5-6 times a week, it looks like a 48 hour update schedule gives everyone enough time to think through things better. So for now I will be updating every other day and moves will be due by 8:00PM EST.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:38 pm

mini post for alerts.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Just a heads up, I will absolutely update early if everyone gets me their moves early. If I get the last two moves tonight I'll update today.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Will update tomorrow to give someone a chance to update an incomplete move.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Re: CTF Game 1 Turn 4

Post by SeeAMoose » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Turn 4, part 1. Score: 1-2.

Pats tries to tackle Mines as he heads towards the center of the field and luckily for Pats he is still in range.
► Show Spoiler
Pats just catches Mines gaining 1 pt for his team and 1 xp for himself. No Name hits the empty square Mines was headed for.

Runs Away respawns in A1 just as Righteous tackles into B1... only to run into a guarding Dreamer.
► Show Spoiler
Dreamer successfully guards the flag square gaining 1xp and a point for his team.

Turn 4, part 2. Score: 1-2.
Has No Name stands up while Pats stands over Mines. Across the field, Dreamer stands victorious over Righteous in the flag square. Runs Away will stand idly for the rest of his turn, even though he could have moved if he wanted to.

Blue Team
Mines Flags: 2xp, must respawn next turn in the Blue's home row (Column 1)
Dreamer: 2xp
Bravely Runs Away 3 xp

Red Team

Has No Name Suffers a 5% penalty on tussles next turn due to his missed tackle.
Pats Dragons 4xp
Righteous Charger - 3xp, must respawn next turn in the Red's home row (Column 6)

Next moves due by 8:00PM EST on Sunday (about 46 hours from now). However, if I get all of the moves by tomorrow evening I will update then.
Last edited by SeeAMoose on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Fixed things from a screwed up roll.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Well, that could have gone better...

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:19 pm

I beg to differ, M0rt... ;)

Well, okay, I suppose it would have been cooler if I'd managed to hit Pats with my tackle. :p

► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:25 pm

Mines gets a 5% dodge bonus as an attacker
no he's not hes a strategist

Pats should have won that tackle
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Good catch Chuck - That does make a huge difference.

Hm... Yes, this turn did go better than expected. :roll:

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Gah, sorry I screwed up. I will correct the update shortly.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:35 pm

I was wondering about that. If maybe I got a bonus for being on their side of the field or something. But I'm not sure why I got a 10% penalty for being interrupted in a tackle when I was running in the first half of the turn.

► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:39 pm

A tackle is one or two Run actions ending with an attempt to pin the opponent in the target square. The tackling player gets a +10% bonus per square moved in the resulting tussle. However, should there be no opponent at the end of the tackle, the player loses the rest of the turn, and suffers a -5% penalty on tussles next turn.
Also, should the tackling player be engaged before they reach the target square, they suffer a -10% penalty in that tussle.
So essentially, if you plan to tackle on your second turn but get hit before then, you take a 10% penalty that turn.