Civ V OOC: And the Rest is History.....

For all games that are now over.
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: CivilizationVOOC: Step on a Crack, Break a Ponies Back

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:17 pm

The Lizards are loyal to the Drow, for now. Throws Thunder is stubborn enough to go off on his own if he thinks he can't get anywhere latched on to the bigger population.

If I do end up putting limits on AP, it will be per action, not per race. Probably between 15-20. For now, stealing the AP is a valid strategy.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:21 pm

...i think ponies and goblins are supposed to be as hateful as wemics and centaurs, so have fun!
Aegis wont miss a opportunity to make a revolution in the revolution :p
And i agree that we should divide AP, or have some way to prevent people from stealing the AP at the beginning. Maybe if people were only allowed to use AP once every four months?
nah, this is civ. Its already locked to the number of SA and FH you have, no point in cutting it more in that direction. I say split it by race, it would be more fun. Besides when the skaven invake we may need to use 50 or so at once.

...awww your sure Aegis?
Click here if you want to beat me up!

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:53 pm

My guess? I'd say that we'd survive the Shardwolves and the Skavens, but it's the Drow that are going to be the death of us.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:33 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:I'm concerned that the AP points may be turning people away from this game. Much like leadership did to the last one. Just my opinion.
That is why I reserve them and divide them among the first posters, because it would annoy the hell out of me if any one person took them all and used them against either the main group OR the rebellions.. its just to much of an advantage for that I think...
-Best regards LAYF

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:31 pm

If it happens, it happens. I didn't put any limits and if someone steals them all for one huge action (or a PK, as seems to be brewing), I'm not going to stop it... unless it really does become a problem soonish in the future. Then I'll just slap a limit of say 15-20. We'll see.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:39 am

Any player have a suggestion for a potential character for me? Heck, I'll also consider appeals to join 1 side or the other. But I don't like 'boreing' characters, IMHO.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: CivilizationVOOC: La r├®sistance des poneys

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:14 am

hmmm..what could you be...From my understanding you can vote for any race, whether they are currently in the group or not. So that is something to keep in mind.
TTW
Race: Wemic (or pony)(or whatever)
Profession: A Navigator (A person who excels at guiding others through the spirit world)
Skill:
Hobby:

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:39 am

BA, so, a sidestepping wemic who'd be hated by centaurs? That seems kind of bland since NPCs can do the same thing.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:27 am

You could be the ill-fated half breed of a centaur and wemic who shared forbidden love.

HAHAHA

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:56 am

The only reason I allowed Nikohl to be Skaven is that he came to me with the idea, and I already had Skitterknife Chasm planned. I'd rather leave the race of the character to the races of the original tribe. I could allow another Skaven, but it'd likely be someone that Redthroat catches who has useful information.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:The only reason I allowed Nikohl to be Skaven is that he came to me with the idea...
*looks down at boobies. looks up again.*

Man, we've talked about this before :P

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:27 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:Any player have a suggestion for a potential character for me? Heck, I'll also consider appeals to join 1 side or the other. But I don't like 'boreing' characters, IMHO.
How about a drider wizard who was so powerfull he decided to challenge Lolth.
Lolth found out about the plan, she decided to throw his entire clan into upside volcano.

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:11 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:Any player have a suggestion for a potential character for me? Heck, I'll also consider appeals to join 1 side or the other. But I don't like 'boreing' characters, IMHO.
Evil unicorn man! The pony's have bin underground to long, and have become evil, so you should be the evil unicorn mage that leads the ponies! If you do that i promise to stop killing them off!
Click here if you want to beat me up!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 pm

....So basically a win win for you because you want everything nice to suffer. :meh:

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Kelten wrote:
Evil unicorn man! The pony's have bin underground to long, and have become evil, so you should be the evil unicorn mage that leads the ponies! If you do that i promise to stop killing them off!
This actualy sounds... interesting. If the GM will give me a few days to think about it... I might go this route. Name... nightshade? Nightmare would be too predicatable. Or is one of the pegusi still left? And would that be better? Who can tell me about MLP (restricting yourself to uni and pegi)?

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:23 pm

If you want to take control of the unicorn, we can say she snaps and becomes selfish with her own goals... probably not as evil as the drow but certainly no longer good hearted...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:55 pm

This is my rebellion....mine dammit!!!

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:44 pm

You know how some people can instantly lose their hair, or suddenly have their hair turn white with enough stress and or a shock? Well, the uni has his hair turn black.

I choose a character: The unicorn MLP, occupation mage, skilled omnivore, hobby stealth. Nightshade snaps. Nightshade declares "Might makes right. The strong survive. The ends justifies the means. I shall be henceforth be known as Nightshade."

By omnivore I mean, Nightshade is finding ways to eat anything. I plan to eat meat, possibly turn to canibalism, magicaly create food, magicaly purify food, turn stones to flesh and eat that, etc. If I can gain fangs or canine teeth from the transformation, then cool.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Great, now we've lost one of the most powerful of the mages on the "good" side of the divide, and you'll probably sell us out to the chieftess too, even though it would be bad for you too, just to be evil.

~Everybody hates good people for some reason~

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:05 pm

You had about 12 hours to suggest an interesting char to me. Evil won. Also, I don't really see that you'd used good uni for anything so far. And, if you need power, grab another fence sitter, or do something with the chars you have.

I don't really care wht the good side does, or even if I can take any of the ponies with me. One way or another though, I'll go out like a shooting star. Maybe I can fight skaven... I hear rat is a delacacy in certain regions, and these seem to be plentiful. Nightshade's redish eyes seem a bit crazed.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:06 pm

I am still here Mad, and I am trying :/

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:I am still here Mad, and I am trying :/
Thanks Burns. At this rate though, we're just going to have to make a run for it and hope we can live on the surface as a mercenary troop. Unless we can find more people to join from somewhere, i suppose. Ore we get something really useful from the dwarven ruins.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:37 am

Prolly going to join your side too, mostly because the other side is imo pointlessly evil right now.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:12 am

I'm mostly staying out of the voting and roleplaying because of the rift, too. It's just not interesting to me :/

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:37 am

Double post because: Notice from Aegis

His internet is being ridiculous for no reason (he can use Steam etc but can't get on any websites) and he's having trouble getting it going again, so the update will be delayed. It might be as late as Monday because if he has to call the company to get it fixed they won't be open til then. We're doing a bit of troubleshooting so it might be up and running again but it also might not, hence the notice.