Civ V OOC: And the Rest is History.....

For all games that are now over.
Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Re: Civ V OOC: All Drow have a little Evil in their Hearts

Post by Nolandking » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:05 pm

I find it funny why kid didnt just wish for some new batch of drows to be teleport to the area.
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:23 pm

New drows are not to be trusted.

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:42 pm

All Drows cant be trusted but till it better than turning you guys into drows. Unless you all dont care if you become drow.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Well the new drow could just try and kill him. I think he did the safer thing.

Also, who said there will not be payback? >:D

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Nolandking wrote:I find it funny why kid didnt just wish for some new batch of drows to be teleport to the area.
The tribe need to be united. Kermit tried to do it by killing all the drows but he messed up (by leaving some alive). Now the drow retaliate.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:36 pm

I swear, given we basically achieved peace with that ultimatum, some people must love causing turmoil for our tribe. Also, given that that paladin(who's strangely okay working with an evil demon) is going to instantly treat all drow as evil, it might just be better for us all if we still had good races around.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Davecom3 wrote:I swear, given we basically achieved peace with that ultimatum, some people must love causing turmoil for our tribe. Also, given that that paladin(who's strangely okay working with an evil demon) is going to instantly treat all drow as evil, it might just be better for us all if we still had good races around.
*steeples fingers and grins* o:)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:01 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:I really hope I say as a lycantrope vampiric after all the effort I put into making her that way.
Fairly likely, nothing was said about cleaning out diseases or removing templates. I hadn't considered removing all of that.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Can we please not do this because once again it's just a total dickmove.
And don't say that you're just roleplaying because that's not an excuse, other peoples enjoyment weighs more than your RP.
Forcing people to do something they don't want is just really not cool.

Also Badge wasn't trying to kill all the drow, he just wanted peace but the driders didn't relent.
And the other drow are still alive just somewhere else.

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:18 am

Sigh, I was going to try and protect everyone from the mountain thats obviously going to fall on us. But I suppose I could wish to turn everyone into their original races and be stuck that way permanently?

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:20 am

Or you could try "I wish Alkadeis had drawn the demon's lantern instead of the winged serpent" :P
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:24 am

Or just to be funny the Lost.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:37 am

That would make it even worse, because we just wasted two wishes and got nothing for it

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14 am

Typically I wouldn't Quote myself, but:
BadgeAddict wrote:F.H. As a show of good faith towards the rest of the Drow in the hopes of freeing them from the oppression and dictatorship of the Driders, Kermit assembles a Grippli War Party to get rid of the driders who did not go to the dungeon. The attack will be done in secret and in such a way to prevent any Drow from being hurt or killed in the process. If possible, the Grippli will attempt to banish the Driders through intimidation before outright attacking, but if it comes to it, the War party will not hesitate to use deadly force.(I realize that one of them is with the group that went into the dungeon, but the other two i think are available.
Several Drow players were complaining about the Driders Constantly trying to screw up things for everyone who wasn't including but not limited to, ordering the drow themselves around. I had no ill will toward the Drow themselves, instead desiring to remove the dictators of the drow, a.k.a. the Driders.

Examples: (all of these examples are to show how viscious the Driders are, me destroying them was in my and the Gripplis defense.)

1. Up above, Kermit is busy praying away for divine guidance. He gives a speech that rouses the grippli just a little bit, but the drow and the driders are not too pleased that a potential source of slaves would escape so easily. (slavery)
2. While that goes on, the driders are gathering the drow up and Merix, Micarice and Ilphnilee hear talk of "The Plan" that the driders were cooking up. Things are coming to a head and they want the alchemists (Micarice and Ilph) to brew a necromatic concoction to destroy the frogs' will (by using the Deathflame Rift's power) and turn them into subservient slaves.
3. Things look like they're going to come to a head in a drow vs grippli coflict; the Driders are still loyal to Darthesthra's ideals and if the grippli won't be their slaves, then they sure as Lloth won't have the right to live, either
4. The driders use threats and a display of magic to try to coerce the drow to follow them as they did Darthesthra (but of course it's up to the PCs if they want to do what they've been asked).
5. The Grippli have their hands full with making Frogmud Lake livable for Grippli, and a watchful guard has to be posted to make sure the driders nor the drow loyal to them still, don't try anything.
6. The armor he is working on right now is being tailored to drow specifics, and one of the Driders orders him to make a drider-compatable suit as well (whether he follows orders is up to him).
7. The drow are getting a bit nosy and Zhapis (one of the driders) is beginning to poke his nose in more than he should. Already they want him to adapt the armor, gloves and boots to a Drider's physiology.
8.Belar'eyl attempts to build a workshop to keep the Driders off of him. The repeated distractions to adapt his armor to Drider body shapes prove too much, and he barely completes it this month (no bonuses until .06 due to the distractions though).
9. The driders are aware of this and are demanding she turn the staff over to them or said driders will order the drow to attack the grippli; while they may not win they DID steal some of the Zelphicide and you're not sure if Ehlonna's blessings can neutralize it in time if the stuff is dumped in Frogmud Lake.
10.Up above in Spider's Roost and Webspun Point, Belar'eyl has been busy working away at his eyepieces, adding various bits and levers and this-and-that to give the eyepiece various methods of seeing things. He is still unable to shake the desires of the Driders, plus multiple drow have started coming to him for "technological solutions" which is eating away his time as well as his patience.

Time After Time...

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Heh heh heh. I've been coming up with dozens of scenarios resulting from characters being removed, to the past being rewritten, to never wishing to find the deck in the first place. This is fun to watch.

I'll probably make some rolls tonight and write the post tomorrow or saturday (or maybe some tomorrow and the dungeon run saturday).

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:30 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:Typically I wouldn't Quote myself, but:
BadgeAddict wrote:F.H. As a show of good faith towards the rest of the Drow in the hopes of freeing them from the oppression and dictatorship of the Driders, Kermit assembles a Grippli War Party to get rid of the driders who did not go to the dungeon. The attack will be done in secret and in such a way to prevent any Drow from being hurt or killed in the process. If possible, the Grippli will attempt to banish the Driders through intimidation before outright attacking, but if it comes to it, the War party will not hesitate to use deadly force.(I realize that one of them is with the group that went into the dungeon, but the other two i think are available.
Several Drow players were complaining about the Driders Constantly trying to screw up things for everyone who wasn't including but not limited to, ordering the drow themselves around. I had no ill will toward the Drow themselves, instead desiring to remove the dictators of the drow, a.k.a. the Driders.

Examples: (all of these examples are to show how viscious the Driders are, me destroying them was in my and the Gripplis defense.)

1. Up above, Kermit is busy praying away for divine guidance. He gives a speech that rouses the grippli just a little bit, but the drow and the driders are not too pleased that a potential source of slaves would escape so easily. (slavery)
2. While that goes on, the driders are gathering the drow up and Merix, Micarice and Ilphnilee hear talk of "The Plan" that the driders were cooking up. Things are coming to a head and they want the alchemists (Micarice and Ilph) to brew a necromatic concoction to destroy the frogs' will (by using the Deathflame Rift's power) and turn them into subservient slaves.
3. Things look like they're going to come to a head in a drow vs grippli coflict; the Driders are still loyal to Darthesthra's ideals and if the grippli won't be their slaves, then they sure as Lloth won't have the right to live, either
4. The driders use threats and a display of magic to try to coerce the drow to follow them as they did Darthesthra (but of course it's up to the PCs if they want to do what they've been asked).
5. The Grippli have their hands full with making Frogmud Lake livable for Grippli, and a watchful guard has to be posted to make sure the driders nor the drow loyal to them still, don't try anything.
6. The armor he is working on right now is being tailored to drow specifics, and one of the Driders orders him to make a drider-compatable suit as well (whether he follows orders is up to him).
7. The drow are getting a bit nosy and Zhapis (one of the driders) is beginning to poke his nose in more than he should. Already they want him to adapt the armor, gloves and boots to a Drider's physiology.
8.Belar'eyl attempts to build a workshop to keep the Driders off of him. The repeated distractions to adapt his armor to Drider body shapes prove too much, and he barely completes it this month (no bonuses until .06 due to the distractions though).
9. The driders are aware of this and are demanding she turn the staff over to them or said driders will order the drow to attack the grippli; while they may not win they DID steal some of the Zelphicide and you're not sure if Ehlonna's blessings can neutralize it in time if the stuff is dumped in Frogmud Lake.
10.Up above in Spider's Roost and Webspun Point, Belar'eyl has been busy working away at his eyepieces, adding various bits and levers and this-and-that to give the eyepiece various methods of seeing things. He is still unable to shake the desires of the Driders, plus multiple drow have started coming to him for "technological solutions" which is eating away his time as well as his patience.

Time After Time...
:meh: We went over your posts in the past, so posting just the last one is giving very segmented and misleading information.

Could you also provide link to other drow players that complains about the driders as you claim?

You know there are ways to deal with the driders and drow other than sending a war party against them.
Before you had SA/FH you suggested change of government, what happened to it? Why not sending a police force to imprison the driders? Why not negotiation?

All the examples you gave are the same as what you did to the drow when you were in minority. The drow didn't attacked you although you caused their diminish.

I think it is ok you wanted to attack the drow and the driders (and I didn't post 1 word against it OOC when it happened). If I had SA/FH I would have retaliated when it happened and not in so much delay. You can't expect the drow to remain passive, after the genocide you committed. You forget they are evil in heart (as your title suggest).

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Alaen wrote:
We definitely need to get rid of these driders, they're really starting to piss me of :stab:

SA: Belar'eyl realizes that for his future plans he will need better tools and a controlled enviroment (away from the driders maybe...)[/size].
He will build a workshop/laboratory mainly for himself but also for other tinkers and inventors if they need the equipment.
I should point out that Alaen is a Drow

All of these people wanted a truce, 6 [Truce - Dave, Martin, Alaen, Badge, LAYF, Jib]

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:48 pm

I don't see this "genocide" you're talking about, kida. The peaceful drow left, the peaceful PC drow remained, and the driders who were basically just NPC assholes got their rightful comeuppance.

I had problems with the dominant race of drow trying to kill or enslave other PCs back then, and I have even more problems with a single PC placing their views and their enjoyment of the game at a higher priority than everyone else's now.

I think it's fairly clear that had we wanted to be drow, we'd have picked drow characters. We didn't.

Besides, even forcing an alignment change to go with the race change won't fix the glaring dichotomy between most of the tribe's personalities and their new bodies. You think that just because all the LN/NG/whatever grippli are suddenly NE/LE drow, they won't still -hate- the person that changed them?

Grippli (for example) like nature and water and sun and each other, and that will not change just because they're suddenly taller, hairier and capable of live birth. At worst the sudden alignment change will cause a massive schism between their personality and the forced new views and drive the majority insane or to suicide. At best they're going to fail to function particularly well at anything, because they're suddenly no longer able to eat what they previously ate, wear what they previously wore, tolerate the sun or reproduce in any manner not completely alien to them.

tl;dr version: Firstly it's a dick move of the highest magnitude, secondly it's ill-thought out and dumb.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Also, Kida, i realize that apparently you hate me for some reason. But no matter what I did, i never stole the joy and fun of this game away from anyone like you are about to do.

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:11 pm

kida I think you should either just summon more drow instead just to avoid pissing some people or wish for something else. I would love to avoid people quitting this game just becuase of one person.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:12 pm

I would appreciate if you stop calling me a dick. please keep the discussion polite. I don't curse you, right?

The drow started as 56 NPCs and because of Kermit they diminish, until there are 5 PCs (so this is the genocide).
Aegis gave us several times the option to get rid of the driders, and this was outvoted, so why don't you post these votes?

Again, I didn't talked about your war partyOOC, so I don't see why you need to personally keep attacking OOC.

Summoning more drow will just create more problems (again the drow and the grippli will fight).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:25 pm

But do you have to make us all drow? Can't you just make Kermit a drider?

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:29 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:But do you have to make us all drow? Can't you just make Kermit a drider?
The drow doesn't get along with the other races, if they are not their slaves. This is the in character solution for the evil drow.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Actually, technically Kida cannot make all of us and drow and kermit a drider because that would be 2 wishes. Having only 1 wish, he would have to wish for one or the other.

Ex: I want a pony and a unicorn

Also, i only killed the driders at the end. All of the other Drow death had nothing to do with me.,...maybe instead of saying it started at 56, you should tell us how many there were before i killed the Drider, as this would be more accurate.

22 Drow (5 PCs), three of which are Driders were left before the war party.

that means that i killed a fraction of the original 56, and not even that many because we escorted most of the surviving ones somewhere else at their request.

So, show me what genocide you're complaining about.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Nobody called you a dick, kida. They called your intended action a "dick move" which is a valid sentence. It's a mean thing to do, and no matter how you try and obfuscate matters by bringing up past occurrences and/or discussing other players, you and everyone else can see that your Wish will ruin the game for a lot of people.

The majority of the drow died in various battles and dungeon crawls, nothing to do with Kermit.

Stop trying to justify your intended action. If you're going to do it, then do it - but own your choices. Accept that what you are doing is a) mean, b) an obvious continuation of a previous disagreement, c) a retaliation of some form because things didn't go your way, and d) a wildly unpopular decision...and if you must then go ahead and do it anyway. But don't blame other people for -your- choices and don't try and make it out to be anything other than what it is: you forcing your views on a bunch of other people who, for some reason, you believe have less of a right to choose their characters and enjoy the game than you.