Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

For all games that are now over.
Runsaround
Converses Frequently
Posts: 629

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 239)

Post by Runsaround » Thu May 07, 2015 1:23 am

We'd be moving to X12, then straight north, correct?
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
Posts: 4210

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 239)

Post by askstoomuch » Thu May 07, 2015 3:44 am

nerre quick question how far is the shire from the warcamp ?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 239)

Post by Nerre » Thu May 07, 2015 11:22 am

Look at the map, asks. ;)
This user has beenbanned

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 901

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 239)

Post by Jacon » Sat May 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Coats leads the way toward X12 in silence. He's feeling sad that he's on another mission that may lead to more goblin deaths

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Curse of the Gold (Turn 240)

Post by Nerre » Tue May 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Turn 240
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Coats leads Simon and Strange to a fishing boat. Just when they untied it and want to push it away from the jetty, Strange's duck Quinton reaches him. Strange helps him into the boat and asks "Why don't you come up here and sit on my lap?". The duck flutters its wet wings and jump on his lap, trenching him slightly with lake water. Coats starts to row, explaining to the others what the encountered in the orc warcamp during their last mission.
He finishes his story only shortly before they reach the other side of the lake.

In front of the shrine gate, Sussura chirps "I am ready! Let us go! Except my legs are only short, so let us not go too fast!" Maybe she hopes to make somebody volunteer as mount like Carl did before. Then Damns speaks up, explaining to the others what he knows about the land around them and their route.
"Right now, my goblin compatriots, we go to Westerngaard. We'll be heading north, to the river. If we follow it, we'll hit the bridge. From there, Westerngaard should be as simple as following a road."
"I am not a goblin!" Sussura chirps cheerfully.
"Oh yes, I forgot about you, uh, what was it?" Damns apologizes.
"Sussura! Also Aziriz, she is not a goblin either! And neither is that man there! Or this fellow! And that one!"
Damns looks at his companions just to be sure not to miss such details again.
"Oh yes, that makes sense. So, assorted humanoid compatriots, then? Very well. I can lead anything, after all."
Wants follows the others silently, while staying on the other side of the group. The others still have the same equipment than before, except Aziriz who now has a large backpack and a few spare javelins. They walk north for a while, quickly losing altitude. They leave the scarce rocks of the mountains behind and are greated by green forests covering the large hills. After a while the trees end and they face a green valley with a sea of grass.

Movement:
Coats, Simon and Strange moved to D1.
Sussura, Damns, Wants, Tinkers, Walks and Bear moved to W-10

Image
If anybody retroactively wants to join them in the boat who is currently in the warcamp, please post it (Flies, Cowers, Punches,...).

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/worldmap.html
Who is in which Zone:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/Zones.png
Who lives where (if home in the Warcamp):
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/Who_lives_where.png
This user has beenbanned

Runsaround
Converses Frequently
Posts: 629

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 240)

Post by Runsaround » Tue May 12, 2015 8:20 pm

"Beautiful. Well, we still want to go north, but does anyone want to do anything while we're here? I don't really understand your cultures, so any uh, rituals and things you want to do?"
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
Posts: 4210

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 239)

Post by askstoomuch » Tue May 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Nerre wrote:Look at the map, asks. ;)
yeah I know box wise but how far would that be distance wise, a few hours ? a few days ?

wants just goes on, keeping to himself
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 240)

Post by Nerre » Wed May 13, 2015 3:11 am

definitly days.
This user has beenbanned

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17412
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 240)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 13, 2015 3:22 am

Strange pets under Quinton's chin and giving him minnows. "So how you guys think we should do when we see zombies?"

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 240)

Post by nikohl » Thu May 14, 2015 1:32 am

Sussura follows.

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 240)

Post by Nerre » Thu May 14, 2015 2:24 pm

Quick info for the former shrine group: Please tell me the route you want to take. I am planning to fast forward your movement until you either reach your target or roll a random encounter. That way the game will be less boring for you. :)
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 240)

Post by Nerre » Fri May 15, 2015 1:48 am

Hi. I will be gone most of the weekend for a 3 day festival, so while I might update in between, please don't expect it.

Best
Nerre
This user has beenbanned

Runsaround
Converses Frequently
Posts: 629

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 240)

Post by Runsaround » Wed May 20, 2015 2:12 am

"Nothing? Fine by me, let's go then!"

Damns leads the party through the valley, wary of any sort of attack or danger.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Curse of the Gold (Turn 241)

Post by Nerre » Wed May 20, 2015 8:47 am

Turn 241
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Damns enjoys the far view on the landscape for a second. There was not much time for beauty in the last months.
"Beautiful. Well, we still want to go north, but does anyone want to do anything while we're here? I don't really understand your cultures, so any uh, rituals and things you want to do?"
The others silently look at the wide plains for a while, not answering.
Walks wild green hair slowly waves in the wind, breathing in the strength of pur nature, not yet poison by the undead. Bears scans the area for prey to hunt to provide them with food, with Sussura sitting on his shoulder. But he cannot see many traces of animals except a few birds.
Wants and Aziriz rather concentrate on staying as far away from each other as possible.
"Nothing? Fine by me, let's go then!" Damsn interrupts the many thoughts.
Then they continue to travel north until they can see the river in the northeast.

Meanwhile, in the orc town, Strange asks Simon and Coats "So what you guys think we should do when we see zombies?" while he carries his duck on his arms.
Coats shruggs and mounts the spider, leading the way to the orc stronghold. After a short walks they reach the high walls, which they could not overcome earlier. But it is an easy job for the spider. With only a few steps it reaches the top and Coats slips down. Then it walks down to get Simon and Strange. Soon they all are on top of the outer wall. The inside is covered with a lot of buildings, some old and half rotten, others look like they have been repaired to some degree in the last decade. Five dead tress surround a large fireplace and there is a well. Three ramps lead from the lower part onto the walls. There is only one large gate, which is located in the southern wall.

Movement:
Sussura, Damns, Wants, Tinkers, Walks and Bear moved to W-7

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/worldmap.html
Orc stronghold map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0 ... 0E0_D1.png
This user has beenbanned

Runsaround
Converses Frequently
Posts: 629

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 241)

Post by Runsaround » Fri May 22, 2015 3:17 am

So is the bridge to the east or west?
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 241)

Post by Nerre » Fri May 22, 2015 3:04 pm

Northwest.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 241)

Post by Nerre » Mon May 25, 2015 3:02 am

Please post your moves.
This user has beenbanned

User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
Posts: 4210

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 241)

Post by askstoomuch » Mon May 25, 2015 3:34 am

wants follows, hopeing to see some battle again soon
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 241)

Post by nikohl » Mon May 25, 2015 3:55 am

Sussura also follows...

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17412
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 241)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 25, 2015 5:59 am

...i m not sure what is going on, nor direction we shouldvo and i am stillbimmed out that iwasforced to go on this mission

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 241)

Post by Nerre » Mon May 25, 2015 1:35 pm

You and the others just entered the orc stronghold and now stand on the wall.

Orc stronghold map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0 ... 0E0_D1.png
This user has beenbanned

Runsaround
Converses Frequently
Posts: 629

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 241)

Post by Runsaround » Mon May 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Damns marshals everyone and goes Northwest.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Curse of the Gold (Turn 242)

Post by Nerre » Thu May 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Turn 242
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Damns leads the group further to the northwest. After a while they leave the sea of grass and walk up gentle hills covered with ligth forest. To the northeast they can see another bent of the river. They also pass an empty cave covered with bones and other remains. Damns explains that he spotted some wolves here before, but they do not find any fresh tracks or prints. When they continue further to the northwest, they forest becomes more dense. They follow the hills along the southern side of the river. Suddenly, Wants recognizes that he has already been here, when they spot a small hut on the top of an hill just north of them.
It is old and some planks are brittle, and there are traces of a battle from when Wants and Peloran fought the evil guy Omlor, from which Wants took his sword "Sepsisbringer".
They also spot a few minor undead.
"What should we do?" Bears asks after he and Walks scouted ahead.
"We did count at least seven skeletons and two ghouls." Walks adds.
"Zhould we encounter zem?" Aziriz asks nobody specific, then she turns to Wants. "You, Nofingerz, you know mozt about zem. Zhould we?"

Meanwhile at the orc stronghold, Coats, Strange and Simon still stand on the wall, taking a closer look at the inside of the stronghold. The orc city outside remains silent and uneventful.

Movement:
Sussura, Damns, Wants, Tinkers, Walks and Bear moved to T-4, close to T-3. (New map link available)

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/worldmap.html
Shack on a hill map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0 ... E0_T-3.png
Orc stronghold map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0 ... 0E0_D1.png
Last edited by Nerre on Fri May 29, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user has beenbanned

User avatar
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles
Posts: 4210

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 242)

Post by askstoomuch » Thu May 28, 2015 10:17 pm

no fingers ? really ? you lizardfolk are not really known for your wits are you , he rolls his eyes

The dead should be dead, let's kill them. that place might have something usefull.

wants goes on for the attack, he stays in the bushes, suggesting a more ranged attack, he tries to take over one on the ghouls and have him attack the skeletons , if it within his reach
wait for my mark, don't get surrounded, dont do anything fancy just go for a quick kill
he will make the undead fight one another and when they are preoccupied with fighting give a command to attack
lizard, you thinkers and bear go left around the house, the rest you go right
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Runsaround
Converses Frequently
Posts: 629

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 242)

Post by Runsaround » Fri May 29, 2015 2:50 am

Chafing slightly at the upstart goblin''s take-charge attitude, Damns draws his sword and creeps carefully to the closest end of the wall, doing his best to avoid being seen by the skeletons.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Post Reply