Post by Nerre » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:31 pm

OOC:
► Show Spoiler
:zzz:

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 248)

Post by Jacon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Coats finishes off the remaining undead before heading back down and seeing Strange and his wood.
"What are you trying to do?"
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:26 am

"I will build a catepault to fend off more undead when they come!"

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:10 pm

" A catapult is a excessive weapon. Hard to aim, harder to actually hit, requires at least a couple of goblins to man it. Your better off collecting stones and chucking them at the undeadAm going to check the town for supplies. See if you can find something more productive to spend your time on"
Coats starts mentally listing items in the houses and checks the wall for disrepair.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:47 pm

"fine fine, will only make mini catepault"

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Turn 249)

Post by Nerre » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Turn 249
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"That sounds a bit creepy" Sussura says after translating the text. "Maybe we shouldn't say it. It could be the verbal trigger for a spell! But it only appeared when we tried to burn the liquid. So is it a trap for those who would upset the undead plan, or a hidden message from a secret new ally? What do you think?"
She looks puzzled into the faces around.
"That is definatly a trap!" Wants says, fully convinced of that fact. Instead of reading it out loud, he suggests for them to go to the next location on the todo list, maybe they will find more answers there.
"I don't think it's worth testing", Damns agrees, before he adds
"We should send one of us back with the map to inform the others and head over to take a peek. I think this is a bit more important than our previous mission. Who can go though?"
"Do you really think we can catch up with them? Them and us walked for a good day in almost opposite directions." Bears objects.
"I can run quick." Aziriz volunteers, but Walks objects. "While I don't doubt your agility, I think that is a job for the ranger in the group. I can do better on my own than one of you melee fighters and I do not get slowed down by vegetation. If one has to do it. Especially if you think about that whoever does it has to find this group again. Can you read tracks?"
"No, I cannot do zhat." Aziriz admit. "I can smell most tracks, but only fresh ones."
"Then I will go." Walks says and hands his backpack to the troglodyte female. "But I will travel light. Keep this for me."
Walks is ready to leave now.

In the orc stronghold, Coats and Strange are having a conversation about his construction plans, after Coats beat the remaining undead by climbing down the outside of the wall with the spider mount, allowing him to throw the stones even at the formerly covered undead below the protruding part of the wall over the gate. Once they are all knocked down, he returns to Strange, still not done dragging all the lumber to his construction site.
"What are you trying to do?"
"I will build a catepault to fend off more undead when they come!"

Coats doesn't seem convinced and points out the cruxes of the plan.
"A catapult is a excessive weapon. Hard to aim, harder to actually hit, requires at least a couple of goblins to man it. You're better off collecting stones and chucking them at the undead. I am going to check the town for supplies. See if you can find something more productive to spend your time on"
"Fine fine, will only make mini catepault" Strange gives in...at least a bit.
Then Coats climbs back on the spider and starts to ride it along the out- and inside of the wall, checking it for disrepair. The walls look strong and intact, like even a catapult would require a lot of hits on the same spot to get through them.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 249)

Post by nikohl » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:09 pm

"Wait! In case of problems!" Sussura casts a Shield spell on Walks, which she knows won't last the whole journey but is better than nothing.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:45 pm

ok no, time to wait we got some undeads to kill

which way to go damns ?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Just keep following the river. So: North.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:47 pm

Coats mounts up and heads down to take a closer look at the defeated undead to see if they have clues as to where they came from or value bale loot.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:49 am

I am currently in the peak of the pre-wedding-party stress (we already are married, but the big celebration is only a few days ahead), so please do not be surprised if I currently cannot update in the speed you are used too. I might be able to update one game now and then though.

Best
Nerre

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Turn 250)

Post by Nerre » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:53 am

Turn 250
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Wait! In case of problems!" Sussura casts a Shield spell on Walks, which she knows won't last the whole journey but is better than nothing.
"Thanks, little one. I will hurry to get back before any of you get into trouble" he winks at her before he runs off.
"Okay, we got no time to waste" Wants focuses their minds back on the next task ahead of them. "We should get some undeads to kill. Which way to go, Damns?"
"Just let us keep following the river, so north it is."
They follow his lead, and soon some fresh cart tracks along a little creek running into the bigger river. When Damns and Sussura check it on the list, they are sure it is one of the waterbodies on the list from the undead, which they want to poison.
"It is one of the spots on the list." Damns informs the rest.

At the orc stronghold, Coats climbs down the wall to check on the undead. They do not have good armor or weapons, rather cheap and lousy undead in his opinion. Somebody did just send them here without investing much in them. He finds a bag with one of them, which looks a bit better, and inside a lot of documents - which he cannot read to his regret.
Up on the wall, Strange somehow managed to craft a small prototype for his catapult, which he can hold like a crossbow. But when he tests it, he finds it hard to aim, as it doesn't shoot in a ballistic line like a crossbow or bow, but in an upward arc. He isn't fully satisfied, as it seems as he can do more damage by throwing the dwarven bread he own than shootin with this thing. On the other hand, he only got one dwarven bread, so it might be a good ranged backup weapon. Quention tries to pick on the dwarven bread lying on the ground after this little weapon test.

ITEMS:
Strange gained
1 mini catapult (+1 RATK 75% to miss without markman skill)

Movement:
Sussura, Damns, Wants, Tinkers, and Bear moved to R-1
Walks runs after the large refugee group heading southwest.

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/worldmap.html

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 250)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:45 am

Not satisfied, starge makes a large mobile sling

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:00 am

Damns checks the area for tracks or traces of activity.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Waiting on Nikohl, Asks, Jacon and whomever might want to play his retired char again. :D

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:16 pm

wants keeps going looking for the undead
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Sussura follows along.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:53 pm

Thanks for the quick reaction on my post. :)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:19 pm

Coat pockets the paper and heads back to the village.
" Theirs nothing here of value and all the undead are dead.I say we return to the village and report our success.. "

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:46 pm

"What of orcs? no orcs here. Something happened."

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Turn 251)

Post by Nerre » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:21 pm

Turn 251
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

In the abandoned orc town:
Strange wants to keep building siege weaponry, but Coat pockets the paper and wants to head back to the village.
"Theirs nothing here of value and all the undead are dead. I say we return to the village and report our success."
"What of orcs? no orcs here. Something happened."
"Seems so, yes."
While he would like to stay a bit longer, Strange gives in since the chief had put Coats in command of the mission. They pick up Quention and Simon and return to their boat. They see several prints in the town, but most if not all seem to belong to the undead Coats killed.
After a good while of rowing, they return at the war camp's jetty. But something is wrong with the atmosphere in the camp. Normaly calm, it seems to be in hectic. They can hear orders being shouted. Before they can take a good look around, a guard knocks at the door of the chiefs hut and opens it almost at the same time, shouting something. After he has been informed about their return, he comes running and greets them.
"Good to see have you back. I am curious about what you found out, but please make it short. Scouts alarmed us about a approaching group of adventurers. We are almost done preparing, but we shouldn't have more than five minutes before they arrive."
Only then they take a good look around. Coats spots archers on the plattforms in the trees, while Strange notices that the gate has been finished during their absence, and that the pallisade wall grew a bit longer to both sides, but not far enough to cover all of the forest around the warcamp.

At the creek, Damns leads the group and follows the tracks they spotted. The closer they come to the well, the smaller the creek gets, and the steeper is the terrain. But the creek carries a lot of water. A good part of the ground is soaken wet, sometimes the water even runs beside the creek's bed. Where the terrain elevates, they find deep tracks from a cart and equally foot prints behind, like if somebody was helping to move it by shoving from behind. In the lowest areas between the hills the group is even forced to wade more than once. At least the tracks look pretty fresh. While Wants cannot sense any undead presence yet, they suddenly can hear battle sounds and shouts. Even something that sounds like weak explosions.

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/worldmap.html

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 251)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:57 pm

"Orcs gone. No orc i saw. Something happened ." Strange looks around for gastron or whatever his name was. 'how make machine?"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:08 pm

"Strange, come on!" The chief facepalms and looks at Coats, like if he expected a bit more usefull information.

OOC:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:25 pm

"and also zombies. And a giant steel wall we can useif we need to flee there?"

Eer yea i forgot. I thought it had people that needed help

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Coat grunts " Zombies were attacking the outer wall. I killed them and than searched the bodies. Discovered these." Coats hands over the papers. " Can't read them.Their are no zombies now and the wall is solid. The orcs are goneNo idea where they want but their was sign of them at the village. I would suggest it as a good fallback and perhaps even manning it to keep a eye out in that direction.Regardless I should join the front and prepare for these adventurers.