Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

For all games that are now over.
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 242)

Post by nikohl » Fri May 29, 2015 3:42 am

"Yes, they should be laid to rest at all opportunities! In our experience, even the weak ones have the ability to spread their disease with their black liquid!" Sussura agrees.

She will hide in bushes/behind stuff for safety and attack the undead with her freezing magic to hinder their ability to move or resist the attacks of her allies. If any of the undead have a bag of the black goo that she has previously encountered, she will prioritise freezing it to stop it from splashing anyone or leeching into the ground.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 29, 2015 6:11 am

Strange looks around the orc stronghold, looking for the leader of orcs.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun May 31, 2015 2:54 pm

" Well better go take a look around. See if theirs any squatters about. id stay here while I scout it out and provide some cover. I have a bow if you need one."
Coats mounts his spider and heads down the wall look for life forms or anything of value.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:30 pm

I apologize, but due to time constraints that I didn't know about at the time, The frog needs to die....immediately.

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Turn 243)

Post by Nerre » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:23 pm

Turn 243
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Close to the shack in the forest:
Walks is bugged out cause of Aziriz pun.
"No fingers? Really? You lizardfolk are not really known for your wits, are you?" he says while rolling his eyes. Aziriz only reacts with a diabollic grin before returning to her rather always-angry expression.
But more important matters await them, so he continues "the dead should be dead, let's kill them. That place might have something usefull."
"Yes, they should be laid to rest at all opportunities! In our experience, even the weak ones have the ability to spread their disease with their black liquid!" Sussura agrees.
"Wait for my mark, don't get surrounded, dont do anything fancy just go for a quick kill. I will try to make them fight each other."
Damns chafes slightly at the upstart goblin's take-charge attitude. Wants continues telling his plan to the others, which they follow to some degree.
Damns draws his sword and creeps carefully to the closest end of the wall with Bear and Aziriz behind him. They manage to get there without causing the undead to notice them.
Meanwhile the others circle around the shack through the underwood and bushes. Wants and Walks to the left, Tinkers and Sussura to the right.
Wants tries to open the fight by taking over a ghoul, but he fails to get control over it. So he goes for one of the skeletons rolling the barrel toward the well. It stops pushing and instead kicks the other skeleton, causing it to fall and getting its legs trapped underneath the barrel rolling back. He orders his skeleton to arm itself with one of the planks lying around. The two closest undead, a ghoul and a skeleton, notice what is going on and turn. This is when Tinkers and Sussura strike. While Tinkers takes down the skeleton from behind, Sussura shots an ice beam at the ghoul. It is cooled down and moves a lot slower afterwards.
Walks stays hidden with Wants for now, casting entangle on some of the undead. The iced ghoul and two skeletons stay trapped, while the other ghoul manages to break free. It moves to the other side of the hill for some reason, only to meet Damns, Bear and Aziriz. Bear exchanges blows with the skeleton, while Damns and Aziriz focus on the much stronger ghoul. Bear gets a minor cut, while the skeleton looses a few ribs.
Damns manage to overcome the strong defense of the ghoul by attacking it together. While Aziriz cuts into its flank, Damns cuts deep into one of its arms. It retaliates by hitting both of them with one of its claws.

In the orc stronghold, Coats says "We'll better go take a look around. See if theirs any squatters about. Id stay here while I scout it out and provide some cover. I have a bow if you need one."
Simon tells him he doesn't know how to use it and walks down the ramp together with Strange. Together they look around in the stronghold for orcs and if she finds any, their leader. Meanwhile Coats mounts the spider and heads down the wall to look for any forms of life. They see that some buildings have been repaired lately, and they find footprints in the dirt. With the last rain being not more than a week ago, it means somebody was here recently.
Suddenly, they hear something batter against the gate. It doesn't sound like it will give in anytime soon. On the other hand, it sounds like somebody is really trying.

Battle:
Bears is down to 4/5 hp.
Aziriz is down to 5/6 hp.
Damns is down to 6/7 hp.

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/worldmap.html
Shack on a hill map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0 ... _part1.png
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0 ... _part2.png
Orc stronghold map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0 ... 0E0_D1.png
:zzz:

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 243)

Post by nikohl » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:23 am

Sussura keeps freezing undead.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:48 am

wants will use this opportunity to practice his skill, he will take over one of the skeletons not being attacked and help with the fight , he will try to take over one of the skeletons over by sussura and make it tackle his friend , pushing him down, making it an easy targer for sussura to freeze them both

he will try to channel into the skeleton on the other side, not sure if he can handle both of them at the same he will try to channel it to hold his ground and do a dance
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:50 am

Strange curiously looks over at what is making that sound.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:05 pm

"Die monsters, you no longer belong in this world!" Damns overhead slashes the ghoul with his sword.

Where is the character information for Damns, by the way?
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:52 am

Coats and his spider climbs the gates and looks down bow drawn at who ever is banging at their gates.
" Who are you and why are banging on the gates.!"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:05 pm

Runsaround wrote:Where is the character information for Damns, by the way?
I had it prepares since the day of the first update with Damns, but somehow copying it to the 2nd post of the thread failed. Now it is corrected.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:41 pm

TY

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Turn 244)

Post by Nerre » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Turn 244
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Sussura keeps freezing the upper ghoul, slowing him down enough to keep him trapped in the roots Walks called upon it with his entangle spell.
Wants tries to practice some more, taking over one of the skeletons not being attacked, but that includes only those either trapped under the barrel or entangled by Walks. So he jumps through them and then uses the skeleton he had under control earlier, still holding the plank, to tackle the cooled ghoul. This knocks it over, but also rips of the roots around its feet. The plank dealt more damage to the ghoul falling on it than the ghoul under it as they hit the ground. Tinkers uses the opportunity to deal two strong blows to the ghoul, severly damaging it.
One of the skeletons at the well breaks free.

Seeing that Tinkers, Wants and Sussura are fighting well, Walks runs to help the other part of their team. He entangles both enemies, which allows Bear to take a few steps back and use his bow instead of axe. He releases an arrow with a lot of force, which takes away a good chunk of the skeletons skull.
"Die monsters, you no longer belong in this world!" Damns shouts while slashing the ghoul. He manages to cut of one of its arms, reducing the number of claws able to hurt them. Aziriz deals a deep cut to its lower torso, through which stinky intestines fall out. The ghoul looks like it is close to getting destroyed. To his regret, it still got the fire to retaliate by dealing 5 damage to Damns, leaving three more nasty cuts on his head. But Walks is there to heal him for 1 damage. Better than nothing, as the bleeding stops immediately.

Strange and Coats hurry to the top of the wall above the gate. When they look down, they spot some undead, mostly skeletons or zombies. They gates is a bit inside the wall, so they cannot spot all, until Coats climbs a bit further down the outside of the wall, while Strange remains on the wall, curiously looking down.
"Who are you and why are banging on the gates!" Coats demands to know.
The undead below gnarl and hiss, unable to reach him. He notices that they are large, orcs if he doesn't err. He spots several decorated tusks and long braided hair with bronze beads, brittle and gray. Some look very rotten, wearing only their bones, while others have recognizable clothes and are rather mummiefied. He knows from his previous encounter that the orc graveyard is close to the lake, which would explain why some are not rotten, but conserved by the soil. Moist soil, almost marsh. And he knows that a dwarf and a human did dig there before. Maybe the cult had send somebody else to complete their job?
However, it does not sound like they were a serious threat to the massive steel reinforced wood gate.

Battle:
Damns is down to 1/7 hp, then back to 2/7 hp.

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0 ... E0_T-3.png
Orc stronghold map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0 ... 0E0_D1.png

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 244)

Post by Runsaround » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:53 pm

"Eh guys, can someone maybe start taking some hits? I'm not feeling too great."

Damns attacks one more time, then backs away.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Coats casually pulls out a arrow and sends it flying hopefully hitting a orc head. He sits back on the spider to see the results...
" Hrm....Perhaps some heavy rocks will crush their bones and keep them from becoming a threat. We need to clear and secure the gate....I'd suggest gathering stones."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:05 am

"I will try" Aziriz responds to Damns, a bit out of breath.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:13 am

Sussura carries on freezing the most dangerous or mobile of the enemies near her.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:22 pm

"I haz idea or more. Depends what they haz in store."

Strabge grabs Quinton and looks in the storage shed or houses if there is no storage shed.

High priority items:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Turn 245)

Post by Nerre » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Turn 245
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The battle at the shack continues.
"Eh guys, can someone maybe start taking some hits? I'm not feeling too great" Damns says while requesting some help.
"I will try" Aziriz responds to Damns, a bit out of breath, and jumps at the ghoul, slashing her claws at his remaining arm and then slapping him with her tail to make him lose balance. The ghoul turns and swings its arm after her, but misses. Damns uses the opening and brings his longsword down on the ghouls back. Finally, it collapses, with too many bones broken.
Bears meanwhile manage to take down the entangled skeleton with the help of Walks.

The skeleton controlled by Wants hits the ghoul again before Sussura carries on freezing it again. This time her ice ray turns out to be very efficient, as most of the flesh of the ghoul crystalizes. Tinkers stabs it repeatedly, breaking it into pieces, aided by Wants skeleton.
Then the free skeleton hits Wants skeleton, damaging it slightly. The entangled skeleton still does not manage to get free, same for the one trapped below the barrel.

At the orc stronghold, Coats casually pulls out an arrow and sends it flying. It hits one of the orc undead, knocking it down. But shortly thereafter, it stands up again, also with slightly less controll over its body.
"Hrm..." Coats mutters, seeing that arrows are not as effective as he had hoped. "Perhaps some heavy rocks will crush their bones and keep them from becoming a threat. We need to clear and secure the gate....I'd suggest gathering stones."
"I haz idea or more. Depends what they haz in store."
Strange grabs Quinton and runs down to look into the buildings in the yard. As this takes some time, he only manages to check on of the shacks close to the ramp. It is full of beams and bars, stacked and sorted properly. There is not much dust on it, normally an indication for it not laying around for that long. On the other hand the door was closed and there weren't any holes inside, so maybe the room only was not overly dirty when the last person left it. He also finds a few crates filled with mostly rusted nails.
Some tools lie on a bench close by, but nothing heavier than a hammer.
Meanwhile Coats leads the spider to climb down the wall. He spots some rocks in the yard between the size of a fist and a head.

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0 ... E0_T-3.png

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 245)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:19 pm

No rope? That will complicate things. Hmmmm.

Okay so the base of it will be a pyramid. Ontop of the pyramid will be a long bar. One of the bars ewill have a wieght, the other will have a cauldron/large pot/bucket. The release mechanism will be a large bar stretched out more horizontally than vertically as wieght so when it is taken off whatever is in the pot will fly.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:06 am

picture please. :)
So far you only have the bucket on your back, except you empty one of the barrels of nails. But cause of the massive weight of the huge amount of nails you cannot just tip it over to empty it. Also consider time in your plan, this sounds like you might need a full day to build it.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:04 am

Damns stands behind the other fighters, moving with them.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:25 pm

I forgot: Walks healed Damns for +1 hp.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:00 pm

Sussura continues freezing bad guys.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:14 pm

wants comes out of hiding, finishing off anything dead that shoudnt be , he will try to use his power to mentaly freeze a goul before striking it down
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink