Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

For all games that are now over.
Nerre
Game Master

Turn 21

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:12 am

Turn 21
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Wants pushes the table against the wall. "If we could just form a ladder so that I can get into that drainhole overthere their could be all sorts of great supplies in their just waiting to be taken, we can't leave without them" he tells Cowers and Walks but they are not really listening.
Cowers looks warily up at the stronghold's walls. "...w-wow. I-it's even m-more impressive in p-person." the wall towers in front of her, making her feel very small.
"Didn't someone find some training weapons here?" Walks ask.
"Training weapons? I d-don't recall any t-training weapons..."
Walks shrugs his shoulders and starts walking back to the barn. Cowers turns to follow him.
Walks looks at them bemused. Didn't they just come over to help him?
"Come on people help me out here!" Wants complains before they are to far to hear it. And where is Flies? He feels in which direction she went and looks there, but he doesn't see her anymore. "Flies get your orange ass over here, we got work to do!" he screams, but the rain pushes the words down into the wet mud before they reach her.
But she is gone to K7 and reaches the watch tower. It's not as wide as it looked like, but that makes it even look taller. It is at least twenty meters high and made of stone, with only small windows going up like a spiral in the wall. The door is closed but not locked. When she enters, she sees that it contains only a spiral staircase large enough for an orc.

In the warcamp:
Bones stands up and says "I think i'm back to normal, can i go?" "Ok, goodbye." Age says, busy teaching Flies Grace and Tinkers.
"I want to take a look at the garden, if you don't mind? It should be a part of my herbalist training, right?" Yes it should, but the rain will ruin your drawings, so i guess we wait. Just draw a few more out of the new book." She takes a look into the books while Grace waits for her showing her the next herbs she should draw. "Oh, that one is good! I only knew it by it's name. If you could get some of those, that would be realy usefull. And that too! I think here starts the most interesting part of the book ... oh, and stay away from those!" She points out four plants to Grace and lets her draw them. "I will take another look later. Good drawings by the way." She turns the one of her shelfs and gets many different herbs out of it. "These are dried ones, try to see which one you already draw when you are done with drawing".
She turns back to Tinkers.
"Hmm...this is a bit tougher than I originally thought." he says smiling at her. She takes a look at the scraped leather he practised with. "Hm, you are getting better. Not beautifull or straight, but it will hold. Now cut out a little strap and stich it to one of the pieces you cut out, so you can attach the sheath to your belt later on. Having two layers of leather above each other will make it even harder. And be carefull to choose the right one and Turn it to the right side, else it will be on your belt the wrong way and you will have to to it again. The outside of the armor - or animal, if you would have fresh leather - has to be the outside of the sheath."

Traits:
Tinkers basic sewing training 3/5
Coats continues a yet unknown training involving carrying stones with Appears 3/10
Grace continues basic herbalism training with Age 3/5

Items:
Cowers:
- 12 arrows (you now have 21, 10 ready to shot in your quiver, 11 in the backpack)

Anti-Confusion-Information:
- Since i am not shure if i have internet tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, which is why i didn't wait for Jacon who didn't post yet, so i can give you Turn 21 now, before i am gone. If we are lucky its no break and i have WLAN where i go, in the worst case its 3-4 days without another Turn or only a lousy short one with my smartphone, without colors and stuff. Have fun with Turn 21!
:zzz:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 22

Turn 22
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Grace, Tinkers and Coats continue their training.
Grace has still some dried herbs left ton find in her drawings. She also notices that Age put in some herbs she already knows, since they are simple cooking herbs. Age smiles when Grace tells her this. "It was just a little test."
Tinkers is finished with attaching the strap to one of the pieces formed like his dagger. He is told now to sew the two dagger formed pieces together. This will take a while. "You are getting better." Age compliments him.
Coats and Appears dump their stones and get the next one from to stone and gravel slope, but not without Coats having a short visit at the tellers hut. When he sees what Grace and Tinkers are practicing, he asks Tinkers if he can make him a new armor.
"Hmm...well I wish you'd asked me sooner and later. Sooner because I think I may have ruined this armour, which I might have been able to fit for you. Later because I had some other things I wished to do after completing this. But I'll see what I can do as soon as I can see what I can do. Hmm...I think I'll have to talk with the hunting party when they reTurn tonight."
It's hard work, but Coats can feel the heat building up in his sour muscles. They are close to have a cramp, but he feels every fibre of them, as Appears and he trudge back to the warcamp with their stones, breathing heavily. Appears is a bit ahead of Coats, but not as much as he was when the carried their first stones.

In the orc village, Walks and Grace gather empty but still stable crates. Upon feeling Wants' irritation and impatience, she'll mutter to herself and Walks, "Sheesh. With the amount of impatience I'm feeling from Wants, you'd think the fate of the world rested on getting into that stronghold." Cowers rolls her eyes. Wants joins them after he finds out that he cannot rip of the ladder without destroying it. They manage to carry two crates to the table this turn. Together with the table, the stack is now 2 meters high after they manage to stack them in a steady way. They will at least need 1 more crate to build up high enough, so one goblin on top of another one could reach the drainage hole. The third goblin will be requiered to stabilze the crates while the others try their artistic act.

Flies walks up the stairs (no need to climb). At the end of the stairs, their is a small room. There is a table, two chairs, a bed and a oven. Looks like a guard room. A metal ladder attached to the wall leads to a hatch. But there is no need to climb up, if Flies only want to take a look on the land around the village. To the north west and east, above the cliff, there is only wood. To the north and east she can see the land rise. The land to the west declines. She can see the lake and their warcamp. Below the cliff there is not as much forrest as above. If you follow the river away from the cliff, there is fewer and fewer forrest and more gras and hils, only smaller spots of wood here and there. The windows are made of stained glass and are intact. Maybe Flies could see wider without the rain pounding against them.

Traits:
Tinkers basic sewing training 4/5
Coats continues a yet unknown training involving carrying stones with Appears 4/10
Grace continues basic herbalism training with Age 4/5

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 23

Turn 23
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Hmm...just a little more." Tinkers does as he is told and finishes his sheath. He tries to fit the dagger in it, and it fits just fine. He can get it out easily enough, but it doesn't fall out when he turns it up side down. "Good work!" Age tells him. "Now you can work on resizing the human clothes you want to wear." (This will take 2 turns)
Grace looks for the last herbs in her drawings, and ponders what to do next. "Tinkers, don't you think it's about time we went back over the river? The others probably want to come back to the camp by now. Oh Maglubiyet, I hope they're alright, and that nothing bad has happened to them."
"Hmm...Yes we probably should send a boat over. I doubt anything has happened to them though. I felt some fear last night, which was probably from Cowers, and a little agitation earlier this morning, but nothing to be anxious about. I think I'll be staying here after I finish this up." "Don't think about that, the Chief already ordered the fishermen to collect the before nightfall. They should aready be on their way."
Age hands over some wire, two slim bark boards, a roll of oiled paper and a piece of leather to Grace. "With this you can make a little flip index to take on tour. But you should wrap it in oil paper and leather, else the rain will destroy your work quickly." (This will take 1 turns)
Coats keeps training with Appears. His muscles really feel sour now and he feels he has not much power left to continue the training. Appears is far ahead of him this turn, when he hears him screaming. Seconds later, Appears comes running in his direction, screaming "Throw your stone at it!". Before Coats can wonder what this is about, a small boar comes charging after Appears, with Appears' sword sticking in its flank. Coats rallies his last energy reserves and thrusts his stone at the boar. It hits it at the side of its' head and get in the way of its' legs and sends the boar flying, doing a sommersault. It takes a few seconds to get on it's feet again, enough time for Appears to get his sword back and for Coats to draw his sword too. Coats arms are cramped now, his hands are tiered, but still fit enough to hold firm his sword. The boar charges at Appears, but he evades and hits it again in its flank, doing minor damage. It changes its direction to Coats. He is to tired to evade it, so he is knocked over but is lucky enough to avoid the tusks. He manages to stab the boar in its' head, killing it. It comes to lie on one of Coats legs, gasps a last time, and then it is silent.
"Good job. I think we had enough training for today. But, if you got enough strength left, we could take the boar back with us. It would make a fine dinner after this lousy rain day." he says while he cleans his sword with some bunches of wet grass.

"I like this tower." Flies says to herself while she climbs up the ladder and through the hatch. The wind is strong up here and rain is flogging in her face. It's hard to see anything under this condition. She is wet and cold within seconds. It is slippery on the stone floor and she feels like walking on ice. If she would have a cape, a hood or wider clothes, the wind could knock her of the tower if she was unlucky. She only sees the sun is already low and close to sunset. Also, there appears to be a little light on the water, close to the bank, then entering the boathouse.

Cowers, Wants and Walks finally build up a stack of crates stable and large enough on the table. Cowers stabilizes the crates, while Walks and Wants are on top of them.
"Wants, do you want in first, or should I?" Walks asks.
"I think i should go in first. I have the best armor and you never know what might be in there." Wants answers. Walks nods and helps him to climb on his shoulders. Wants manages to climb into the drainage hole after he lost his grip a few times on the wet and slippery stones. Once inside, he follows the narrow tunnel a few meters, then it turns upwards. There is a small hole above him, but it is sealed with a metal grid. Wooden plank are visible a little bit above the grid. He tries to jolt the grid, but it doesn't move. He would need a metal saw or stonemason tools to get by this obstacle. He thinks that maybe using some rope to climb over the wall would be easier.
When he reaches the exit again, he sees a light in the heavy rain, moving calmly towards his group along the street.

Traits:
Tinkers finishes his basic sewing training (Ability to resize fabric clothing up to human size down to goblin size. Ability to do minor repairs on fabric and leather clothing if material for patches is at hand.)
Coats gets a break of his training involving carrying stones with Appears 5/10. He has to rest now.
Grace finishes her basic herbalism training (Ability to distinguish some herbs from other plants. Basic "when should i collect what" knowledge)

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 24

Turn 24
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"This is not gonna work, guys!" Wants says and climbs out. "Let't try to climb over the wall, do we have any rope? I'm not leaving till i find out what's inside of that stronghold!"
Cowers waits for Wants to climb down. "No, Wants, forget it. We're not getting in there, not equipped as we are. It was a good try, but there are other things to do."
Cowers turns to Walks "Walks, I've been thinking more about the training weapons you talked about earlier, and I think I've got an idea. I saw Flies in a building when I was on the storage barn roof yesterday. It's not one I think any of us entered... that might be where someone found training weapons. You can take one of these empty crates with you if you want." "Well, at least we know we can do this..." he answers and takes a crate. Cowers does the same. " fine..." Wants says and joins them. "Let's bring this stuff to the lake I think we could be picked up any minute."
Speak of the devil, the light nearly reached them.
"Who are you?" "Who g-goes there?!" Walks and Cowers ask in unison.
"Your taxi..." somebody says, then the light gets closer. Its a goblin carrying a storm lantern.
"What have you been doing here?" he asks and looks bemused at the table which still has one crate left on it. "Let's get back to the warcamp, i heared they catched a boar and are roasting it now. Don't wanna miss that, i'm sick of dried fish and meat."
Flies just arrive during the last sentence.
"Is this everybody?" The fisherman goblin asks. "We should go, it will already get dark while crossing the lake back home."

Coats and Appears drag back the boar to the warcamp. Coats accompanies it while it is butchered and prepared to be roasted over the fire. He sees some tricks, but it is not enough to learn anything. Another goblin takes away the boars skin. While watching the butcher, Coats regains some of his strength, but still feels weak. The butcher asked him to help him carry the boar - now on a spit - to the camp fire. Coats has just enough strenght left to do so if he wants.

"Hmm...Excellent. Thank you for aiding me with this Age. I shall remember these lessons." Tinkers gets to work on resizing his clothing. While Grace starts working on the herb index.
"That will come in handy! Thank you Age!" Grace smiles at the teller. Can I bring my drawing materials with me? In case I find something worth noting or remembering.""Shure, but keep some space left in your luggage for the herbs you want to collect." Age smirks impishly.
Upon hearing that the others are coming back soon, Grace is relieved. "I'm glad that's being handled. You're right Tinkers, I should worry so much. Ol' Mags looks after them."
"Hmm..." Tinkers replies, concentrated on his tailoring.
After a while Appears appears in the door and tells them that Coats and him caught a boar and that a campfire has been set up. They should join since Grace already finished her index and Tinkers is half done with resizing the clothes.
"Fresh boar, much better than dried food. We really should get going." Age tells them and leaves the hut with Appears.

Items:
Grace:
herb index

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 25

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:13 am

Turn 25
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"We're getting out of here?" Cowers asks as she puts her bow away. "Finally! I was starting to think you guys forgot us!" She heads to the boathouse, followed by the others. Inside Cowers and Walks move the loot into the boat, while they leave their empty crates behind.
When they are ready to take off, Flies volunteers to row the boat. The old fisherman accepts glady and lets her take his seat at one of the oars. Wants gets into the boat saying nothing. Seems his mind is still at the orc stronghold.
"Well that was certainly an adventure. Not what I expected but still interesting." Flies says cheerfully.
"Ohh...There's still a lot of stuff here. We should send some more people over later..."
Walks answers.
Just when they are about to take off, the little wolf comes running and jumps into the boat, directly taking the position in the nose of the boat. It barkes once, then it observes the goblins quietly for the rest of the trip.
They reach the jetty at the warcamp shortly after nightfall, the fire already burning. They smell the boar rosting and it makes them feel hungry, but the help the fisherman to put the loot into the storage and chest, directed by Appears who was waiting for them.
"You got any more news?"

Coats helped the butcher best he could and learned a few tricks, like disembowelling it for example. After the butcher is done preparing it, they heave it onto the mount for the spit. From time to time the butcher puts water on the meat so it doesn't burn on the outside while the inside is still raw. Coats takes the task to spin the meat for a while, but later another goblin takes over. Coats uses this time to visit Tinkers.

"Hmm...I shall be there in a little bit. I must finish this first. I don't want the others to think I've wasted the whole day when they return."
Grace puts down her index by her bed, then goes out to sit by the fire, while Coats enters.
"Hey, You good with needle yet? Maybe Patch my armor a little?"
Momentarily lifting his head up from his work, Tinkers inspects Coats armour. "Hmm...I think I might be able to do something, but I'd like to eat some dinner first. I've had nothing to eat all day. I'll get to work on it after."

Grace looks into the fire and feels the warmth of it in her palm, sheltered from the rain. She whispers a prayer to Maglubiyet. She feels pretty much at peace. Only hunger bothers her, but it will soon be gone. The others join in after they finished putting the loot into the chest and storage. They look hungry too. A small wolf is following Cowers. When they reach the roasting boar, it barks once, startling Cowers anon startling the wolf. Just when she calmed herself a little bit, Tinkers scares her right again, by standing next to her out of thin air. His new clothes make him hard to see in the darkness and they don't rustle like normal clothes do. He greats the group and sits down, too.
After that Cowers feels a little bit amused and more calm than she normally is after being startled by something. Like if she can decide faster if it is a real threat or a false alarm.
The wolf turns to Walks instead, maybe it remembers him feeding it before.

Appears asks the group what they want to do next. Help improving the warcamp, scouting the old cave or go to the orc village again. He also informs them about an old mine (C7) in which a hunter spotted some activity lately.

Traits:
Cowers:
wary mind (-1 ATK melee, +1 ATK ranged. Little bonus in taking cover and hiding)

Items:
Tinkers:
1 set of stealthy clothes (goblin size) (provide a sneaking and hiding bonus)

Loot:
into the chest (+91 g):
2 set of human clothes (10 g)
1 crate of leather clothes (15 x orc adult) (75 g)
12 arrows (6 g)
into the storage:
16 units charcoal (one per day) (1 bucket = 4, 1 wheelcart = 4 bucket) (32 g)
1 set of metal parts from a wheelbarrow (? g)
1 backpack (? g)
12 sets of leather clothes (orc child = goblin) (30 g)
1 box of arrowheads (? g)

Quests:
- fill the chest (323/500) (partially done)
- check the abandoned orc village (K6) (partially done)
- check the old cave (F4) (OPEN)
- find someone who can read the "Masons letter (? g)" (OPEN)

- I finished the mapupdate after Flies' observation in the watchtower. 2 squares in every direction added.
- Yes, you got many options now, it's not that i want to push you in one direction.
- i'm not shure if "anon" is the right word. What i ment: The wolf startles Cowers, who's reaction then startles the wolf back.

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 26

Turn 26
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Flies replys to the chief: "I think I'd like to explore more, so with your permission I'd like to go scout the cave." "Exploring? I'm in!" Wants says and he gives her pat on the back "You can never have enough armour with you!" he says. "Be carefull if you are only two on your scout run." Apears warns them. Wants nods and walks away to his hut to get some rest. On the way he thanks he butcher.
Cowers thinks about what the chief said and stutters "I-i-if it's a-alright w-with you, ch-chief, I-I think I'd r-rather st-stay in c-camp for the t-time b-being." "Shure." he smiles, amused about her being so shy.
"T-that is, i-if th-there's something you n-need h-help with around h-here.""We could use some helps building up those huts again. If we ever get more reinforcements, they will need beds, too. Or help Age improve the garden. Coats and i already gathered stones for it today." Tinkers, hearing this, asks the same.
"Hmm...I'd like to see what I can do to improve the camp. Do you have any suggestions Chief?" "You could repair the huts or build new ones. Or traps...or help the other with their jobs. I'm too tired and ate too much to think about such things now. Maybe you will have an idea yourself tomorrow. Or just talk a bit with each other about it." he yawns and leaves Tinkers and Cowers. Tinkers turns to Coats, while Cowers gets some boar meat.
"Of course I'll try fixing up your armour first Coats. If you'd like, you can just leave it in my tent." After all the talking is done, Tinkers goes to the Teller's hut and collects all his supplies and the tools she gave him. He goes to bed then, just like Coats and Cowers after they ate.

Grace rubs her belly. She looks to the sky then to the teller. "I hope next day is good for gathering herbs. If the weather is good, I'd like to follow Flies and Wants to the cave. Of course, I will mostly be looking for herbs. Do we have a trommel basket I could bring?" "Yes, I will put one beside your bed before i go to sleep." "Well, it's getting late. I wouldn't mind a good nights sleep." Grace heads to her hut, talking a short look on her index before she falls asleep.

"Hey, little guy. Did Cower's jumping scare you, Nauhir?" WalksBriskly asks, sitting down by the fire and getting some of the boar for him and the wolf. "Here you go! Enjoy!" He pets the wolf while eating himself. Nauhir doesn't seem to bother while he is eating. After eating, it coils up in front of the log Walks is sitting on and falls asleep. The other goblins go to bed now, too, except for the night guards.

Battle:
Walks regenerates 1 hp, he is on 4/5 now.

- Flies and her group: Do you want to explore the CAVE or the MINE? Please write in your next Turn or name the field you will walk to.
- Jacon, i need to know if you leave your holey armor at Tinkers hut or not.

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 27

Turn 27
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Walks curls up in a blanket next to the wolf. The next morning he tries to train the wolf to follow him and tries to find somebody knowing anything about animals. "I know something about fish, but that won't help. Talk to one of the hunters!" a fisherman advises him. Nobody else has a better advise for him. Nauhir followes him the whole morning, not close but he always returns after a while.

Wants wakes up, puts on his armor (he isn't wearing it while sleeping? wow!) and walks to the storage to gather up some supplies for the trip. He tries to build some torches using a set of human clothes, some firewood and some oil.
Grace wakes up and finds the promised herb basket at her bed. She takes a look outside, the weather is fine, still a little bit of fog on the ground due to the rain the day before, but the sun is already up and slowly casting the fog away. The plants are still wet with dew, but that will change later. She leaves her bow and arrows in the hut and goes of to meet the others.
"Good morning Wants! What's with the ladder? Are you gonna stay here?"
Wants takes a look at the ladder and tries to persuade the girls to help him carrying it, seems he is a little bit traumatized by not being able to get into the orc stronghold.
"Flies, and Grace could you carry this for me? It might be usefull."
"Well, it also might be useless. And what if we need to hide? Leaving ladders around don't help hiding. And it would slow us down. Let's just see what the cave is about, then if need be we can come back with a ladder, okay?" Grace stop her ranting, and gives Wants a smile; "Also, I mostly just want to look for some weed and I wouldn't like to carry a ladder around all day."
"Fine, I'll leave the ladder here but if we find some of that shiny stuff humans like so much and we can't reach it you're going back to get the ladder!" he laughs. "Ready to go girls?"
Flies doesn't really listen to him or Grace, and starts walking to H6. Lucky for her Wants packed up enough for all three of them, since she seems not to prepare anything for the expedition. The other two are following her - without the ladder.
In H6 its still too foggy to see the sky, Flies notices. They notice nothing extraordinary in the forrest while moving through it.

Coats awakes and goes to Tinkers, to give him his armour. Tinkers wakes up as Coats comes in to drop off his armour. Then he heads of to continue his training with Appears. He doesn't feel as week as the first day with his new size, seems his muscles got used to carrying longer limbs.
After Coats leaves, Tinkers inspects the armour: "Hmm...I think I just realized something." Then he rushes out the door after Coats. When he catches up to him, he says "Sorry to bother you Coats, but if you'd like me to fix up that armour today, you're gonna have to come back to my tent so I can measure you. Otherwise I'd just be guessing at the proper dimensions."
It is done quickly in about 5 minutes. Tinkers notes the dimensions on the wall of his hut with a charcoal stick. He can start now and work on it for some turns, since he got some parts of the ragged armour left, which he used to create his sheath. But he still needs some more to finish it.

Cowers blearily awakens. "No orc ruins. No wolves. No traveling in the dangerous countryside again. Excellent!" she thinks.
Pushing herself further to consciousness, she notes that Flies has already left. Stretching, she thinks on what she wants to do. Garden work sounded nice and relaxing. But she still had other business to attend to, first.
First, she probably didn't need all of her traveling equipment for a bit of gardening. She set her pack and her various weapons down on the bed. Well.... she should probably take the knife. One never knew when one might need to cut some vines or something. And... the bow should be taken, in the event of shambling carnivorous plants. Javelins were useful in case of boar attacks. And you never knew when you might need bandages after getting mauled by boars and shambling carnivorous plants. The grindstone would be useful for sharpening the knife. And... oh, bother, she's right back where she started from.

After a few minutes and much deliberation, she finally decided to leave the Small Healing Potion and the short bow with 20 arrows tucked safely under her bed. Cowers goees to the storage and finds a hand a small dustpan in the rusty tools. "No sense coming unprepared." She then heads to the garden and looks for someone in charge here. "Hello. I heard you might need some help with garden work today. Anything I can do?" "Yes, put away that stuff and start pulling out this-" Age holds up a small plant "-weeds. Best use your knife, the deeper you cut off the roots, the longer it will take to regrow and sometimes it even dies. But that is unlikely. Nasty weeds!". Age continues to stab the weeds deep below earth and throws them at the side of the bed she is kneeing in. "By the way, i had no time to take a look at those potions yet."

To the left she can see Coats, Appears and Poor arrive at the storage, close to the garden, with another load of stones. They are covered in sweat. It's a strange sight to see those two tall goblins moving stones with the chief, but they seem to enjoy the work and the training which comes along with it.

Traits:
Coats continues his training involving carrying stones with Appears 6/10
Tinkers works on Coats armour 1/?
Cowers is gardening 1/?

Map:
Flies moves to H6.
Wants and Grace move to H6 or G6.
Items:
Storage out:
1 units firewood (one per day)
1 set of human clothes
1 metal bucket
Wants:
1 sets of flint to start a fire
3 bandages
1 ration - dried fish (1 week road rations)
1 ration - smoked meat (1 week road rations)
1 ration - boilt down fruits (1 week road rations)
6 simple "cloth and oil around a stick" torches.
Grace + Cowers:
no bow at the moment.

- You can move diagonally, so i think you may prefer to move directly to G6 and put you there. Please tell me in your next post.
- i forgot about Cowers handing the two unknown potions to Age. Just imagine she did last turn.
- @askstoomuch: "some" is no number. I changed it to 3. ;)
- @askstoomuch: you didn't remember bringing the mirror oil lamp from the orc village, didn't you? ;)

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 28

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:14 am

Turn 28
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Flies enters G5 and again takes a look around. Nothing special happens, it is calm and quiet in the forrest. The forrest gets lighter towards a small hill, in which she can see the entrance of the cave.

Grace and Wants arrive at the cave entrance. Wants walks around the cave a bit, looking for sign of any animal activity and treasure, but doesn't find any trace of animals or treasure. It is really quiet here, Cowers would like that. He walks back to the entrence of the cave. It is dark in there, but the ground in front of it looks like something went out and in often in the last time.
Wants tells Grace that she and Flies should stay behind him and that he is willing to give his life for them if neccesary.
Grace answers him: "Don't be silly Wants. Nobody is going to die. And needless sacrifice is more stupid than heroic. For what it's worth, I like you better alive than dead. It's good that you are careful though." Seeing that Wants keeps an eye out for dangers, Grace focuses on the fauna around her. She moves slowly and tries to make sure not to miss anything important. The forest fascinates her. It feels good to be out here. It's still misty in the forest and the dew still drips from the leaves and grass. She can't collect herbs now, but she spots a few she had to draw, but it is harder to identify them from the drawings than she had imagined. But she can see some of the ones of which she had dried examples, they are easier to identify.

WalksBriskly strolls off in search of the hunters. He doesn't find any in the camp and gets told most of them are out, since most prey shows up during dawn and dusk. They are normaly in the forrest to the north, between two or five hours (squares) to the north, close to the river. In the west there is the cliff and not as much prey. In the east and south there are no hunting grounds because of the cliff and the lake. He prepares for the short trip and moves north to H6 with Nauhir following him (i hope this is ok with you, i also gave you 1 ration). But no hunters here, he has to move further away from the warcamp.

Cowers gets to work, setting down her equipment and using her knife to stab out those weeds. "Oh, don't worry. I'm not in a hurry about those potions."
"If you don't mind me asking, though, how long have you been here, Age? And has Appears always been so... I don't know, downtrodden?"
"I was send here together with him, about a half year ago. The warcamp was nearly at it's end, not like it is now. But let me tell it in the correct order. We and some others of our age just achieved adulthood and finished our basic training, when word reached the hometown that this camp has been overrun and devasted. Since Appears showed great skills - he wanted everybody to know that he is not weak- they elders had chosen to bring him on the way to become one of our leaders. Thats why they made him chief of this camp. There were only five survivors of the old crew here, most of them fisherman, except of Bones. I just finished my apprentice training, so i became the new teller, since the old had been slain. We moved here with only a handfull of people, like you did. We were only a dozen with the survivors. We managed to rebuild the warcamp, so they send more reinforcements. When we were just thinking whe had accomplished to strengthen the camp like it was once, we were raided while one group was send out to check the old cave, and all hunters and fishermen out. There were not enough left to defend it. But they fought good, despite of the elf absolutly overpowering anything we had seen yet. I was lucky he missed me three times - thank you Maglubiyet - then he left. The chest was empty again, and parts of the warcamp were burned down. And most important, many were dead. That did not break Appears spirit to show everybody that he is not weak, despite of his name, but it changed his energetic and optimistic character to a more sad and depressed one instead. He still tries his best, he only thinks most he did and does was and will be vain endeavour. He fears we only repeat an endless story of loss due to adventurers again and again." she stabs one weed very hard. "Don't tell him i told you. He doesn't like to have his heart opened to others. Maybe another quirk since he doesn't want to appear weak. Stupid name. If the teller naming him that way would be still alive, i would change it!" she mutters, stabbing another weed hard enough to cut of a small tree.

"Hmm...I best get started right away. No way of telling when he'll need this finished." Tinkers says and starts to work on repairing the armour. He cuts out some patches out of the rags, a little larger than the holes in the armor are, so he got some space left to sew them on it.
From time to time Coats, Appears and Poor show up to put some stones on the growing pile at the storage.

Traits:
Tinkers 2/? armour repair
Cowers 2/? garden work
Coats 7/10 training with Appears.

Items:
Walks took 1 ration - smoked meat (1 week road rations) from the storage for his trip.

Map:
Flies reaches G5.
Grace and Wants reach F5.
Walks goes to H6.

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 29

Turn 29
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Wants lits a torch and pulls out his sword, then he tells the women "Girls, like i said before I want you to stay behind me at all times, i know i'm not the chief or have any right to boss you around. but we don't know what's down their, could be bunny's, bears or even dragons for all we know.
So stay behind me I don't want you to get hurt.
Ow and all the armor is mine." he laughes.
"So you want to keep us safe but are going to take all the armour for yourself? Sounds to me like you're trying to keep any loot to yourself." Flies says and turns to Grace. "What are you looking for? Need a hand?"

Grace is being much too busy looking around the forest to listen Wants' babbling nonsense.
She doesn't find anything that looks like a new herb and the are still to wet to harvest.
"I'm looking for any useful herbs. I did some training with Age while you were still over at the old Orc village. If you know what to look for, you can help me. I made this index with drawings, but I kind of need it for myself. I do not know enough to determine what species they are. Maybe it's better if you follow Wants and make sure he doesn't take all loot by himself. If there is any loot that is. We need to fill the poorly locked treasure chest."
"Well i take all the armour for myself, so that i can keep you guys,myself and the camp safe. so are you coming down or not?" He starts to walk into the cave. There are some spider webs, dirt, bones, twigs, branches and leaves in there, but nothing special. The cave goes deeper into the hill.

Tinkers and Coats stick to what they are doing, while Cowers continues weeding. She also ponders naming. "Sounds like Appears got the same teller I did." She says bitterly. She digs out weeds in silence for a few moments, before speaking again. "So how much do you guys know about the area? What about the orc ruins we were in yesterday, what happened to them?"
"That was before my time. We had not much spare time to check out the surroundings. The only time we tried ... well you know the story now. The hunters are maybe those who know most about the area around the camp."

Outside the camp, Walks is searching for those hunters. "Well, boy, lets go find the hunters, Nauhir." WalksBriskly says as he moves into the next area. He finds a trail which looks like it is used very often. There is not much gras left on it. It leads to the north.

Traits:
Walks: basic animal friendship (lets you befriend some animals if you do it right. One pet companion) , prerequisite for animal trainer.

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 30

Turn 30
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Wants heads deeper into the unknown.
"Stupid girls all I do is try to help them, keep them safe and they go out looking for plants, they didnÔÇÖt even notice me." he mutters and keeps walking.
"All they want is to look for stupid weeds, well let them look for those silly herbs while I do some decent stuff, treasure hunting , whatÔÇÖs more manly then going into a dark cave looking for pieces of gold or magic items." he continues his monolog. He finds nothing of value, only more spiderwebs and some more tracks and bones.
"Stupid Wants. He thinks him taking everyone else's armor would benefit them. Seems his greed is only matched by his delusion.. Stupid boy.. Serves his right if he gets into tr..." Grace immediately regrets her thoughts and follows Wants into the cave. Seeing Grace's behaviour Flies chuckles before following her inside. Grace and Flies only notice the spiderwebs, bones and the tracks Wants already passed.

Somewhere east in the forrest: ""Hmm... Do you think this is the hunter's trail, Nauhir? I think so." WalksBriskly says as he follows the trail. After a while he finds three tents in H4, close to the river, but far enough for not being spottet from the river. They are empty at the moment, he finds only some equipment. He can't find a trail leading away from the camp except the one leading him there. Seems that one was more frequently used, enough for him to find it with his rudimental tracking skills.
Cowers attacks the weeds! "Ah, speaking of the orc ruins, you don't happen to be able to read, do you? Or know anyone who can read? We found a letter in the ruins; it belonged to some adventurers we ran afoul of while we were there, but none of us know how to read it."
"Why didn't you tell me or Appears earlier about that? Humans don't often run around with letters, maybe it is something important. I will take a look at it." she leaves Cowers to her work and paces to the storage.

Coats and Tinkers uneventufully continue their training and work.

Map:
(Oh whats that? Nerre drew something!!!)
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0_F5.png

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 31

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 am

Turn 31
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Hmm...This seems to be their camp..." WalksBriskly mutters as he studies the entire area, looking for a sign as to where the hunters went. But still, nobody there. Then he hears an animal scream in agony, sounds like it comes from the west.

Coats continues his training with Appears. The stack of stones is already very large. Appears lets Coats and Poor carry some smaller stones this turn, which he makes them put into a blanket, so they are able to move more of them at once.

Cowers continues getting rid of the weeds. After a while Age comes back. She sits down on the edge of the garden bed and starts reading the letter.

Tinkers continues his tailoring. He is nearly done filling all the holes with leather patches, but he still has to restitch the normal seams, they are ripped from the growth and the fight before it.

In the old cave, Wants hears the girl coming after him. He turns around.
"Im sorry , I just wanted to keep you save and well keep you from getting killed by the things inside of this place..I acted like a jerk, and I know that you find it selfish of me to keep all the armor for myself, but having a tank to keep the bad guys away is always good, especially in a place like this."
Grace whispers: "I accept your apology. You have a good heart Wants. But you have to understand, you will not always be able to protect us."
She turns to Flies as she talks about battle tactics.
"Wants we're not adventurers we're goblins. We survive by fighting together. If we run into somthing you distract it - because you've got the best DEF. I attack it - because i got the strongest attack- and Grace will support us."
"If we are taken by surprise one of us could find him- or herself on the wrong place at the wrong time. Then each of us needs to be reasonably protected."
She stays silent for a while. "Now, can we get this searching over with? This cave is kind of giving me the creeps!"
"Lets get to exploring" Flies answers.
"Well i'm glad cowers didn't want to come,she would get a heart attack before she even set foot in this place." he laughes. "Don't worry Grace, we have sharp blades, thick armour and hot fire with us - what could possible go wrooooooooo...."
Suddenly something hit Wants back and pulled him very fast into the darkness. His torch fell to the ground, but stayed lit. The girls could not see him anymore, but the cave is filled with a hissing sound after he is gone, getting closer to them. Wants can't see a thing in the pitch black darkness. Only thing he notices is that he is pulled around a corner, since the small light of his torch in the distance moves sidewards before he can't see it anymore. Get gets one damage from being dragged over the stone ground so fast, grinding over the gravel and bumping into some obstacles or wall from time to time.

Battle:
Wants is on 4/5

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 32

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:16 am

Turn 32
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Well, that's it for today. Go rest a little bit. If you want more training later, come to me." Appears releases Poor and Coats. They feel a bit drained, but not as weak as they felt directly after growing. Seems their muscles catched up with their new size. But they still ache from the training. Lets see how it feels tomorrow. Coats goes and asks Tinkers if he's armor is done.
When he enters the hut, Tinkers says "Hmm....I have most, if not all, of the holes patched. But I still need to fix these seams that you broke. I take it you felt it too? Those three that went to the cave are in trouble. Do you think they can handle whatever's happened?"
Poor enters the hut. "Ah, there you are, Tinkers! Hi Coats! Tinkers, the chief wants you to have a look at the wheelbarrow parts your friends brought from the orc village, when you are done here. He said he remembered that you are into gadgets and hopes maybe you can fix the broken cart. Should be easy now with nails and a hammer, he said."

Cowers weeds the garden as she waits for Age finish the letter. It seems hard to read, maybe it's a language she doesn't know that good, maybe it's coded or just hard to understand. We will see.

At the hunter's camp:
"Well...That's probably them..." WalksBriskly says as he heads for the screams, readying a Javelin just in case. The screams die off pretty fast, but he already gained a rough impression about the direction. He manages to find three hunters. One of them looks hurt on his leg, he is limbing. A wild sow is lying on the ground, dead, two arrows in it's back. Another one hangs by one leg inside a sling-trap, which had pulled it into the air. It is dead, seems a hunter stabbed it in it's heart.
Two of the hunters point their bows at Walks when he approaches them without a warning, but don't shoot, although they look very alarmed. The hurt one holds a long spear, which has some blood on it. "Hey guys...Need somehelp?" Walks asks. "Look out, a huge boar is still running around!". The hurt one with the spear adds: "Hurt it once, but didn't even twitch, that monster!". "Back to back!" the oldest one commands.
They listen to him immeadiatly and guard different directions, leaving the one Walks just came from open for him.

Inside the cave:
"Grace grab the torch and stick close!" "WANTS!!" Grace screams as she picks up the torch and starts running after him. "Damn!" Flies readies her spear an makes sure to stay close to Grace.
"Well i just -OUCH- head to -ARGH- say it, now did -AYY" Wants screams as he is being dragged, nonstop bumping into the walls and other obstacles, and jolting over the bumpy rock and gravel ground. His voice get's more and more distant.
Flies and Grace follow the voice, but it gets harder and harder to tell where it comes from.
"Whatever that is, it acts like a spider! You have seen those right!? Those spiders that hide in burrows and drags their prey down to a certain death! Oh Maglubiyet, help us!!".
Speaking of the devil, they run into a group of spiders when they reach a cross-way. Scrub marks on the ground lead to the left tunnel.
They only hear a distance void fading "....pulling me away-OUCH-and kill the-AH-girls while i'm gon-OUCH-e well if that isn't the -AY!-coolest and manliest -AHHH-thing i ever saw..."
until they can't hear it anymore, since the spiders close to them fizzle and sizzle to loud, while they approach really fast.
He get's a short glance at the monster, and it is a very huge brown spider. Wants keeps muttering while being dragged away, but it doesn help him, since spiders don't have ears.

Traits:
Coats: tall (can only wear dwarf-sized armor now, +1 HP)
Cowers: 5/? gardening
Tinkers: 5/? armor repair

Map:
Walks and the hunters are on H4.
Grace, Flies and Wants are in F5.
The others are in the warcamp.

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 33

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 am

Turn 33
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"[...] Those three that went to the cave are in trouble. Do you think they can handle whatever's happened?"
Coats grins a rare smile as he straps on his orc sized dagger.
" I think so." He says glancing at his new muscles. "To bad about the armor but I can't stick around....." "Hmm...If you say so. I'll get back to work then."
He starts towards the door when Poor enters.
" [...] Tinkers, the chief wants you to have a look at the wheelbarrow parts your friends brought from the orc village, when you are done here. He said he remembered that you are into gadgets and hopes maybe you can fix the broken cart. [...]"
"Sorry mate, not much of a carpenter." Coats answers and leaves for the cave entering G6. Seems he thought the question was intended for him somehow.
"Oh, I can take a look at it, but at the pace this is going, it will probably have to be tomorrow when I do." Tinkers continues working on the armour.

Cowers continues weeding, noting distress coming across ESP. She does nothing about it just yet, just patiently waiting for Age to speak about the letter. "That doesn't look good, have to talk to Appears about it. I will tell you later, sorry!" Age says and runs of, searching for chief Appears.

In the cave:
Files lunges at the spider to the left. "Grace target the left one maybe we can kill it right away, then we can divide our attention between the other two."
Grace tries to fend off the left spider to the left with the torch and suceeds. It moves for and back, but always stops when the torch is swung at it. But it manages to spit some clingy spider silk on Grace, which does no damage but sticks on her torch arm. The torch is glued to her hand now. "How did it come to this? I only wanted to gather herbs. I'm no fighter! Stupid stupid situation!!" Grace rants.
Flies hits the left spider right in its abdomen, dealing heavy damage. It shudders and moves in staccato, then it collapses, but it's leg still keep moving a little bit . The right spider attacks and manages to deal 1 damage to Flies. The third spider advances, followed by another one further behind.

Somewhere deeper in the cave:
"i knew you were ugly, i just knew it" Wants smiles as he sees the monsters face. He manages to pull his sword and trys to cut the spider silk on his back the spider uses to drag him. It's not easy since he has to hit behind blind behind his head. But hey, he is a lucky guy and hits the spider right between its eyes. Not very hard, but he not only manages to cut himself loose, he also manages to deal some minor damage to the brown spider, but can't see what he did to it. In return, he recieves a hit, which is not hard enough to deal him some damage. But he falls on his bottom through the impact of the blow. He can't see a thing and has no idea where he is, even with crepuscule vision. But he can at least hear clearly where the spider is. It makes enough noise when it moves and fizzles. He also hears some more noises of the same kind, but more quietly. Like from the same monster, but in a smaller, lighter way.

"CRAP!" WalksBriskly says as he follows their lead and sets his spear in the direction he came from. "Nauhir, Sit and stay!" He says while pointing to the ground next to him. But Nauhir doesn't care about that. Maybe because he got no idea what those words should tell him.
"Be carefull, you got only parts of a second when it charges out of the bushes! Make shure you shoot it!" "I will!" says the second oldest. "You shoot everything!" "That was an accident!" "Your damned name is friendly fire!" "But you've been named Arrowhead before i shot you! Didn't even hit your head by the way. Only the ear..." his voice fades of as he hears something. "It's coming!"
Nauhirs fur stands on end and he starts to growl into the direction left to Walks.
Before Walks can react, the boar comes charging out of the woods. The goblin with the spear scores another hit, but then he is lifted into the air and send flying into the bushes. Friendly scores a hit too, while Arrowhead is run over from behind. Luckily, he manages to evode most of the damage by jumping up. But his leg is ripped open by the boar's tusk. Walks is totally shocked and doesn't even attack, only stare. But Nauhir pursues the boar and bites in it's leg, which gives in. The boar buckles and manages to shake him off, but he only slithers over the ground until his claws regain grip in the gras, then he continues to chase the boar. The group can hear him bark somewhere in the forrest. "I said i will hit it!" Friendly fire says. "Now show me your wound, Arrow! Boy, look after Stabs and be on guard. Good dog you got there!". Arrow doesn't blink while Friendly applies some bandages on his leg. Stabs looks beaten up, but he got no bleeding wound. He even jokes when Walks checks if he is ok. "I'm ok, the tree stoped my flight before i could get hurt...Did we get it?" "No, but the boy's dog ran after it.". They go on like that for some time, then Arrow decides to carry the two wild sows they catches to the hunter's camp. Since Nauhirs voice seems more distant, Arrow thinks the boar won't come back soon.

Battle:
Flies:
- is now on 4/5
- killed the left spider
Grace:
- torch glued to her hand with spider silk
Wants:
- is free to move again. Only a short string of spider silk left on his back.

Map:
Coats moves to G6.

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 34

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 am

Turn 34
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cowers watches Age run off after her dire announcement, and she starts getting panicky. She spares a brief glance at her work, then she stows her knife and runs off after Age, following her to the Chief. "Wait! Don't just leave me here!"
Age doesn't stop walking, but tellin Cowers "You are as safe as you can be in the center of the warcamp, where the garden happens to be. I will talk about this with the chief alone, please go back!"

Tinkers senses Coats moving in the direction of the ones at the cave, "Hmm...Seems he didn't think they could handle it." He continues working on the armour anyways. It looks like it is nearly done.

"Well, spider I see you met my buddy sword" want smile s. "Want to meet his friend Mr. fire too?" he says reaching for his bag pack which is too pasted up to open.
"Dammit ,well letÔÇÖs do this the old fasioned way" he says, swinging his sword into the direction of the hissing in the darkness. He feels he hit something, but he can't tell if it was the spider or the walls or maybe something else. Strange things hit him from all sides, but most are not very strong. But just after he hit something again, he recieves a strong blow in his chest, knocking the air out of his lungs and dealing 1 damage. He manages to keep standing.

"Grace try to keep the third one away from me!" Flies shouts while hitting another spider on it's head, killing it, thanks to Grace's aura.
"Ok!"Grace keeps the spiders away from herself and Flies dead side. But more of them emerge out of the tunnels to the north and east. Some even drop a bit behind them from above, but Coats arrives and attacks one of them. He scores a hit, which hurts but not kills it. But at least he keeps most of them away from the women, attacking him instead, but doing no damage.

"...I'm going to get Nauhir..." WalksBriskly says, pausing before running off. "I had wanted to see if any of you know how to help train an animal." "Be carefull!" Friendly advises him. Walks tracks down Nauhir and the boar by following the drips of blood he finds on the ground. When he reaches G4, he finds Nauhir close to the boar. It lies on the ground and is dead, it's throat bitten through. Nauhir got a bloody nose and looks up to Walks from eating. Looks like he killed the already hurt boar.

Map:
Coats moved to F5 and entered the cave
Walks moved to G4

Cavemap:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 35

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 am

Turn 35
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Hmm...Now I'm sensing distress within the camp itself? Oh, it must be Cowers. I think I can even hear her shouting." Tinkers continues to mutter to himself as he finishes up the armour.

"Safe?!" Cowers says as she continues to follow Age, the pitch of her voice rising as she approaches hysterics. "You-you just told me how adventurers al-almost wiped the camp out while a party was out checking that cave! And no-now, after reading that letter fr-from the adventurers, y-you're saying something b-bad's happening and- and- I-" Cowers tries to take a few calming breaths, but winds up nearly hyperventilating. "I-I-I c-c-can't just sit an sp-spe-speculate on t-this. Please. I-I n-need to kn-know. S-so a-at the v-v-very least I can prepare f-for w-what's g-going to try and k-k-kill me now. Please!"
"Oh, come on. How do you even manage to sleep at night if you don't feel safe here? The camp is the safest place for many miles in any direction. The big chief send you here because you are prepared enough. If you are afraid grab all your weapons - and then wait at the jetty. That way you can swim or row away if any threat approaches. I will talk to the chief now - alone!" she says still friendly and pitying but commanding and closes the door to his hut.
Age does not let Cowers fear persuade her. Seems she wants Cower to learn how to cope with her fear alone.

"Excellent work, Nauhir!" WalksBriskly says, letting the wolf have his fill of the enormous kill, praising him the whole time. After he is finished, he heads back to the hunters camp, seeing about getting their help in moving the boar. Nauhir follows him after a while. The other hunters are done with tending to their wounds. They are very glad when they hear that the boar has been killed. Arrow, the oldest hunter, tells him a short story. "Good wolf you have there, even if it is a little small yet. Had one too when i was younger. Could ride on it. But a bear ate it. Does it obey you?"

Inside the cave:
"Come on Flies, stay close! We gotta get to Wants! It's better we find him and fight together!"
Cowers says while moving down the tunnel to the left. "Good Idea!"
Flies attacks the closest spider with her spear while following Grace. She does heavy damage to it's abdomen and kills it, but not before it stabs Flies in reTurn with one of it's pointy legs (natural 20), causing one damage. "Dammit how many of these things are here?"
At the entrance Coats swings his blade at the injured spider and kills it with ease. Meanwhile he glances up and sees Flies and Grace fighting over spiders.
"I'm coming!" He snarls and trys to kick aside the dead spider. But it is far to large and heavy (and he roled a 1), so he hurts his foot instead on the dead spider's jaw, causing himself one damage. It is not a heavy wound, only a minor cut. He can still walk and run. With the other spiders he has more luck, he manages to parry their attacks.
Upon hearing Coats shout, Grace replies: "Coats! Wants is gone! Something took him! We're trying to get to him! We're going left!"
Coats notices it is getting darker when Grace and Flies move left with their torch. He should have brought a light, too. But for now the daylight spends enough light for the tunnel at the entrance.

"So Mr. itsy bitsy spider , canÔÇÖt handle it on your own I see!" wants says although he can't see a thing. It is pitch black. He steps back into what he hopes is a wall, with his offhand reaching for his bag trying to get it open. But it is still impossible.
Something hits his sword arm. He reacts quickly and he hits something. It vibrates before he pulls his sword back.He gets another blow on his leg and one more on his chest, bet they are not hard enough to cause damage.

Battle:
Flies is now on 3/5
Coats is now on 5/6

Traits:
Tinkers: basic sewing training +1

Anti-confusion-information:
Dead monsters are half transparent now. That way the map doesn't get too crowded.

Cavemap:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 36

Turn 36
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cowers runs back to her hut, still panicky, and gathers up the equipment she hid under her bed earlier. She then proceeds to hide under the bed.

A few huts away:
"Hmm...Finally finished. The others are still in trouble....I suppose this means I'll need to go assist." Tinkers gathers up his equipment and Coats armour and picks up some more items from the storage. Then he heads out in the direction of the cave, entering G6.

Hunter's camp:
"Not exactly. That was what I wanted to ask you guys. Do any of you know how to train an animal? Nauhir has so far just known what to do, but I want to see if I can train him a bit." WalksBriskly says as he gets them to come help move the boar. "He was actually an old Orcs wolf we found in the encamptment. Some adventurers had tortured his master to death and I just kinda...picked him up."
"I can try to help you, but it has been a long time since i trained my wolf. There is another problem. If the orc was a shaman, the wolf could have been his soul mate. Soul mate animals are not trained in any conventional way. Rather their owners intelligence and way of thinking rubs off on them, until they are no normal animals anymore. I don't know if they stay like that if the soul mate dies, but you could try talking to the wolf. Maybe it works. If not, we can still try to train it the normal way." Arrow answers.
"But we should get the boar first!" he adds. If Walks agrees they walk into G4.

In the cave:
" Go after him! I'll try to distract them!" Coats yells. He starts to shout and make alot of noise trying to get the other spiders to notice him.
" You want meat! He snarls bringing his sword to bear. " I got alot more than those two! Come and get it!" It works and more spiders move toward him. He swings his sword at one of them, but it is no good strike, the sword bounces of the spider's carapace without doing much damage. One of the spiders hits him in reTurn and deals one damage. He also hears a scraping sound above himself.
"Come on Flies, the road is clear!" Grace keeps running into the left tunnel.
"Don't get too far ahead of me Grace!" Flies shouts while she stabs the last spider still facing her and not being drawn off by Coats. It's getting darker with Grace running away, but she can still see that she killed the spider, without giving it a chance to strike back. She starts running after Grace.
Grace reaches a crossroad with four tunnels, one in each direction. The tracks on the ground indicate that Wants has been dragged into the tunnel leading into the north.

Wants stays with his back to the wall, waiting for the spiders to attack. He recieves three blows. Two are to weak to hurt him, but the other one feels like being hit with a club and deals him one damage. He counterattacks the strongest blow and strikes something, but he is not shure what. He hears a ripping sound and then a hiss.

Battle:
Coats is on 4/6 now
Wants is on 2/6 now

Map:
Tinkers moved to G6
Walks and the hunter moved to G4 (if he agrees)

Cavemap (press F5):

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 37

Turn 37
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

While the battle in the cave goes on, Cowers continues cowering. With Tinkers reaching Coats at the entrance tunnel of the cave, now everybody except her is there. Maybe it was the fear and stress of the others added to her's that led to her anxiety state. Age takes a short look into the hut but leaves when she doesn't see Cowers. Cowers does neither see or hear Age.

Tinkers enters the cave and joins Coats. When he sees the spiders and Coats, Tinkers says "Hmm...Seems you were right in coming here to help the others." "" Good to see you. Wants got taken by the spiders, Flies and Grace want after them, Let finish up here and follow them." Coats explains while the fight.
Tinkers dashes forward and slashes on of the spiders with his dagger, while Coats hits the same spider again, killing it this time.
Tinkers spider is not dead, but confused. It turns around chaotically, and then attacks one of the other two spiders which advance on Coats and Tinkers. The other new spider attacks Coats, dealing him one damage.

"Cut it out stupid spider!! wants yells and he starts to swing his sword around hoping to hit the spider. He indeed hits something, but again he has no idea what it was. Something trys to hit him, but does not do damage. He tries to grab what hit him. His enemy jerks it bad very hard. Wants is pulled forward and falls on the ground, but he also hears a tearing sound. He ends up lying on the ground with his sword in one and a single spider leg in the other hand.

Grace runs north along with Flies, trying to find Wants and followed by Flies. Seems he's in real trouble! Flies is some meters behind her . Suddenly Flies notices a spider following her and turns around to face the spider. They attack each other, but only Flies does some damage.

Grace tries to remove the sticky silk from her torch hand. But it is so sticky, that she ends up with both hands glued to the torch. Suddenly a spider appears in front of her, while she was distracted from trying to free her hand. The spider hits her hard into her belly with one of it's leg, dealing her three damage. She hits the spider with the torchin return, a powerfull two handed blow, making the burning part of the turch burst and send flying shivers around her. It doesn't kill the spider, but it set's it on fire. The spider hisses and runs north, setting all the spider webs it comes by on fire.
Grace and Flies both notice some cocoons to their left. Grace after the fire burned the spider webs down which hid the cocoons, Flies because the spider attacking her broke through some webs, revealing the cocoons.

A few seconds later, somewhere else:
A spider sits on top of Wants, but doesn't manage to bit him or hit him hard enough with it's legs. Then Wants hears a last hissing and the sound of spider legs running away very fast. He relaxes a bit, still lying on the ground. Is it over? Suddenly, he can see light again on his right. After a short moment of gladness, he wished the light would have stayed away. The front of a fire storm runs through the tunnel, directly towards him, jumping from one spider web to the next. He remains lying on the ground, covers his face and holds his breath. For a few seconds he is engulfed in immense heat, dealing him one damage. Then it is over. It's hard to breathe since the fire consumed most of the oxygen in the cave and it makes him feel dizzy. Wants was lucky the last spider kept him to the ground, else he would possibly have been roasted.

The two goblins at the entrance and Walks don't see the fire, but they feel a bit more fear and surprise through the ESP for a few seconds than before.
Tinkers is pulled upwards without a warning and dragged into a tunnel towards the east. He loses the lamp right at the entrance of that tunnel, bit it spends enough light in his direction to show him that it is a brown spider which grabbed him, much larger than the black ones Coats fought against.

"Hmm...Familiar..." WalksBriskly says as he leads the others to the boar, scratching Nauhir behind the ears. "Do you understand what I'm saying? You might not get the whole thing, since I'm speaking goblin and you probably know orc, but I am sorry we were unable to get to your master in time...". Nauhir looks at Walks while he talks, but doesn't give a sign if he understood what Walks said or not.

Battle:
Coats is down on 3/6
Grace is down on 2/5
Wants is down on 1/5

Items:
Grace destroyed her torch.

- The webs will grant light for this turn, but on the next Turn it will be dark again. But hey, the fire burned away the spider silk on Walks backpack, so he can access it now!
- Tinkers: The mirror lamp is brighter than a torch, but sends light only in one direction. If you don't describe whereto you direct it's light, it will be the way in which you advance deeper into the tunnel.

Cavemap (press F5):

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 38

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 am

Turn 38
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The spider silk burns down fast, only a few fires remain where the fire found material which can burn for longer than silk. It spends enough light at least for the area it burns in.

"Grace stay close, don't run ahead!" Flies shouts while thrusting her spear into the spider, killing it at once. The spiders hit is absorbed by Flies armour.
Grace desperately tries to light the torch from the burning webs, but she fails as the flammable part of the torch is gone. "We're out of light, Flies!" She stays close enough to Flies to have her aura affect her, as Grace investigates the cocoons. "You know, spiders doesn't eat their prey immediately. Maybe something is still alive in here!" She tries to rip it open using what's left of the torch.

"What the hell was that!" Wants says while he gets another torch out of his bag pack and lits it. He looks around for a minute to see if there are some spiders left, but he only sees three burned spider carcasses, a fourth one in the direction the drag tracks lead to. He follows those tracks and soon sees Grace behind the next corner busy on getting a cocoon open with the remains of the torch
" Hey their girls *cough* missed me?" he says.

Coats grits his teeth and attacks again despite his many wounds.
" We're getting overwhelmed! They got Tinkers!" he shouts down into the dark tunnel. The others hear him.
He hits the spider in front of him, dealing some damage to it. The spider can't deal any damage in return.
Close by, the confused spider still fights against another one. That one seems to get angry and tears the attacker into shreds, but not without getting dealt some damage, too. After that, it turns back on Coats.
"Tinkers i'm coming!" he yells while he fights the two spiders.

Up above, Tinkers tries to hit the spider dragging him, since it drags him with it's legs and not using spider silk like the one abducting Wants did. "Hmm...This is rather unfortunate."
He hits the spider, dealing some damage to it. But it doesn't release him and keeps moving in the same direction. But he feels it moves different now, using some of it's legs to palpate the walls and ground instead of seeing them. But that could also be happening because the spider leaves the area which the lamp illuminates. Tinkers can feel them moving slightly downwards. He sees another small black spider walk into the other direction, but not caring about him.

"Hey, I'm getting a large amount of danger from the others. Would you mind grabbing the boar while I go check it out? Come on, Nauhir!" WalksBriskly says.
"Hey, i can't drag that alone!" Arrow yells after Walks.

And where is Cowers? Cowers' panic only further increases as she feels the distress from the other group. Feeling trapped, she tries to dig into the floor, but she only hurts her fingernails. The dirt is very hard and dry.

- Flies can move to the cocoons, but not inspect them, since fighting with the spider was her major action this turn.
- Only one hunter, Arrow, walked to the boar with Walks. The others are busy with the to wild sow close to the hunter's camp. Sorry if that was unclear. You can subsequently cancel your action and help him or not, then he will be left alone with the boar.

Cavemap (press F5):

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 39

Turn 39
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cowers fulfills her destiny! That measn she's still cowering. The tension of the others get's weaker, especially Tinkers seems to be calm personified. She can hear voices from outside. "Where is she?" "Did she go after the others?" "No, she is not that kind of person, and Tinkers left alone."

"Alright..." WalksBriskly says as he starts helping Arrow pull the boar to the camp. "We gotta move though...".
They manage to haul the boar back to the camp. "If you want you can go now, we can do the rest. Even if i would have liked to talk about the wolf. Your call." Arrow says when they reach the camp. Friendly fire and Stabs are not there at the moment, but the smoking chamber is emitting smoke, seems they were busy too.

In the darkness of the cave, Tinkers decides that just blinding the spider isn't going to work, and cuts into a legs holding him. Slime oozes out of the wound, but the spider doesn't stop. With the little light left from the lamp far behind, he can see that he is being carried past more other spiders of different colours.

Coats lunges and tries to stab the injured spider through its head. He succeds but exposes himself to the other spider. But he is lucky, since it doesn't bite him. Instead it hits him with it's legs. That will leave some bruises but doesn't do any real damage. But then another spider drops down from above, landing on top of him and knocking him over. He also hears a metallic rattle and notices that the mirror oil lamp falls down into a spider web when the spider emerged out of the tunnel.

Wants makes a stagy entrance, as he appears just in the moment the flames of the fires flicker and cease, which leaves his torch as the last source of light.
"Wants!! You're alright!" Grace sighs out of relief. When he sees the broken torch glued to her hands, he throws a new one at her, saying "Need a new one?". She can't catch it but moves her hands in it's direction out of reflex. Now she got another torch glued to her hands. Wants uses his torch to set her's on fire, too. Flies moves over to the cocoons to examine them. Wants does the same and cuts one open, but all he finds is a dead elf who looks parched. Surely that doesn't count as "something nice", but hey, he got a small healing potion on his belt. Since it looks like he has no use for it himself anymore, Wants takes it.

But then they hear Coats shouting. Grace stops Flies once she comes to check out the cocoons. "Tinkers comes first!" She grabs Flies by the arm and starts running towards the cave's entrance. Flies let's herself be dragged away by Grace and apologizes.
"Sorry forgot about those guys for a second" Flies says sheepishly.
They hurry towards Coats, but don't reach him yet. When they reach the next corner, were Flies had slain the last spider, they hear tick tack and fizzling sounds from the south tunnel, but they can't see something in there.

Items:
Wants: Small healing potion 6/6

Cavemap (press F5):

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 40

Turn 40
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Sweet, just what I needed!" Wants smiles and drinks enough of the potion to heal him to full health. A third of the potion remains. He walks towards Grace and asks her to hold still, while he starts to cut the silk around her hands and torches. Grace gladly lets him free her and nods approvingly. A few sticky parts remain, but not much. She grabs her new torch and notices that she has to invest much less concentration into the aura. Maybe she even can keep it up and fight at the same time.

The spider on top of Coats trys to bite him, but he get's a grasp on it's head and manages to keep it away. He can't get his sword between himself and the spider. His mind works fast, and he thrusts it into the side of it's head instead. He puts so much force into the attack, that his sword exits the head of the spider on the other side of it's head, hurting the other spider as well. (not only a crit, you rolled nearly maximum!)
He releases his sword and pushes the dead spider away from him and stands up, then he picks up his sword again. He notices the tunnel entrance above him and Tinker's lamp lying on the ground close too him. He doesn't hear or see anything except for the steps of the other goblins running towards him.

Flies, Grace and Walks continue to hurry towards Coats. His stress fades away, only his fear for Tinkers remains. At the cross-way the see him standing, all spiders dead and the mirror lamp hanging in a spider web close by, shining against the wall.

Determined to save himself, since its his own fault he came here and didn't notice the giant spider above his head, Tinkers keeps hacking at the leg. With a snapping noise it breaks away, but there are seven legs and two mandibles left, which are still holding him. The hurt spider buckles against a wall, crushing him between itself and the wall and dealing him two damage. He feels dizzy now from the impact.

"...What did you want to talk about Nauhir about?" WalksBriskly asks, a little restless still, but wanting to learn more about his companion. "Well, you asked me about training methods. So i wanted to tell you some in case he is not a familiar. You should try to have him do some minor tasks. Everytime he succeeds, speak in a light, friendly tone and give him a little reward. You should use dried meat, at least my wolf liked it. If he does not succeed, speak in a loud and harsh tone and don't give him anything. I started with letting me touch him, but you already are able to pet him, so i would try to fetch a stick." Arrow explains while he starts skinning the boar. Walks tries it too, but he is very slow an notices it takes much strength to separate the skin from the meat.

Cowers hears someone talking outside. Terrified, but deciding to try and rally one last ounce of courage, she crawls out from under the bed and goes to the door to see who's there, bow in trembling hand and arrow nocked. "W-w-who's t-t-there?" She calls feebly.
"There you are!" Age yells surprisedly. "Have you been hiding or what?" She points at Bones who gives her a warm smile which doesn't contain many teeth. "We were searching for you. We need somebody to keep an eye open for humans. The letter was about a plot, at least parts of it, and it was about a relict from the orcs, which somebody seems to be very intent on finding. The adventurers were paid to retrieve it and it also says, that if it is not there, maybe the goblins on the other side of the lake could have it. Since one of them escaped, the might come back and even come to our camp! I doesn't state what the relic is, but it seems very important for the person who is at the bottom of that plot.
We would have asked one of your friends, but since they are all gone, i would like you and Bones to row over to the orc town and set up camp in the watchtower and keep an eye out for anything unusual. He is a good and veteran fighter, but his eyesight is fading because of his age. Be his eyes. I know you are timorous, but i don't think you are craven. I told you Appears story, you don't have to life up to your given name. Except for Appears Bones is the best guard we could send along with you."
Age waits for Cowers reply, but won't accept a no, cutting of any excuse or concern with comforting and inspiring arguments. "Get your stuff, crossing the lake could already be half done." She smiles, but is not only comforting. Grace also notices that Age enjoys challenging her, even if that is hard without exiting another fear.

Battle:
Tinkers is down on 3/5.
Wants is back on 5/5

Traits:
Grace:encouraging aura (+1 ATK everybody in range, but you cannot attack.) advances to improved encouraging aura (+1 ATK everybody in range)
Flies: piercing attack (ignores 1 DEF when using spearlike melee weapons)

A little history lesson:
Resin from some special conifers was used as chewing resin by the Greek, Asians, Scandinavian and even the Mayas and Aztecs. Chewing resin and gum is not new, relicts in Scandinavia could be dated back 9000 years. Only that you can make bubble is not older than 100 years. :)

Cavemap (press F5):

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 41

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:22 am

Turn 41
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Alright...Thank you...Now I should really see about helping the others." WalksBriskly says, heading off for the cave. "Thanks again!".

Grace, Flies and Wants run towards to Coats.
"Hey give me a boost, maybe I can pull you up after me!"
Grace asks to be the second one to get a boost.
"See ! i told you we needed that ladder!", helping Coats to get the girls up into the tunnel above. After the women climbed into the tunnel, Wants and the women help Coats to get up, too. Just when they all are up and Turn towards the tunnel, one of those small black spiders appears. But it doesn't attack and turns around to run to where it had come from.
"Go save that grey friend of ours, I will stay here and check out those cacoons we left behind." Wants says. Then he turns and runs back to the cocoons but he does not reach them yet, but suddenly he sees a brown spider in the tunnel they just had run along.

Too dizzy to focus on cutting more legs, Tinkers aims to stab at a larger target, specifically where he thinks the spiders face would be. He hits something, and the spider slumps down and releases it's grip on him. He is alone in the dark now, but the spider is dead.

Cowers stares at Age. "Y-you w-want just Bones and I to go to the o-orc ruins?" She repeats in disbelief. "W-w-what we would do if the adventurers a-actually showed up?" "You will report back. Now please go and prepare your departure."

Still fearful, she starts running through everything Age just said. Adventurers. Just like the ones they ran into during their first trip to the orc ruins. Every part of her was screaming at her, telling her to run away and hide. She especially did not want to face down the archer again. She did not want to go to the ruins. And there was no way Age could force her to go.

Yet...

They had fought these adventurers. Two goblins were enough to kill one of them. Cowers herself had gone one-on-one with the archer and beaten her. They could be killed. And if they knew the camp was here... She didn't want to go, but she didn't want to cower forever either. And if she didn't go, she knew she'd be just waiting, wondering when the adventurers would show up to slaughter the camp. At least if she went, she'd see them coming. She'd be able to do something about it. And if she was going to die, she was going to do it with dignity. She had her answer to Age.

"I-I think I'm going to be sick."

...okay, maybe not so much dignity.

"I-I- um- t-there's a few th-things I w-want to p-pick up b-before we go. I-I'll meet you at t-the b-boat, I-I suppose?"
"No, Age made very clear that i should see you to the boat. I will follow you." Bones says with a wide grin. He follows her close on her heels. When she is done, they go to the jetty.
Poor is sitting in a boat. He starts to row them to the other side.

Items:
Cowers takes:
1 very scattered and lousy sword (? g)
1 bottle of oil
1 leather rag
1 ration - smoked meat (1 week road rations) (2 g)

Map:
Walks reaches F5, but is not fast enough to find and enter the cave this turn.
Cowers reaches I7 this turn.

Cavemap (press F5):

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 42

Turn 42
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Well hello ! Their Mr. spider want to join your friends in bug heaven?"
Instead of attacking the spider he tries to sharpen the end of his torch. But the spider is to fast and attacks him before he is done.
He tries to stab the still more blunt than pointy torch into the eye of the spider. But the spider lifts its head just in that moment, trying to bite him. Since the torch is too blunt to penetrate the spiders skin, it is pushed out off Wants hand and falls to the ground. But his bad luck is still not at an end, since the burning part of the torch is crushed and extinguished underneath the advancing spider's abdomen, when it pushes Wants a few steps back. It is dark again.

Walks runs into the cave and reaches the upper tunnel entrance, but can't see it. "Guy, you in here?" he yells, standing in front of the mirror oil lamp which still hangs in one of the webs below the upper tunnel. He sees light on the crossover ahead of him, coming from the left. But suddenly the light is ceased and it is dark on the crossover.
Nauhir shows a strong disliked about entering the cave. Maybe it was the smell of spiders, maybe the smell of fire from the flame running through some of the tunnel before, but he does not want to enter and waits in front of it.

"Let's find Tinkers!"
"We shouldn't let that one regroup with the others!"
Flies throws her first Javelin at the spider. It hits her into her back, nearly killing it. The spider turns around. But when Coats and Grace follow Flies and bring light to her, they notice that the small spider is not alone. They notice they ran into a larger cavern which contains a hive, filled with eggs hanging from the ceiling. There are much more spiders in there in proportion to the area than there were in the tunnel. Most of all they notice a terrifying and large white spider at the entrance of the hive cavern. And all of those spiders noticed them!
Coats uses the long range he got thanks to his size and hits the brown spider before it reachees him, but he only does minor damage.
Grace tries to finish the small spider off, but doesn't even hit.

Even though the other spiders can probably sense where he is already, Tinkers opts to remain quiet as he picks himself up. He to a vague sense off where the spider carrying him came from. He walks into that direction, using his knife to feel along the wall, the black dagger in the other hand. After a few steps he feels that the wall to his left gives way, maybe another tunnel branching away? He hears scratching sounds from all sides, but nothing attacks him. He notices a week light in front of him, enough for his lowlight vision to see. He also notices that there is a small spider in the tunnel, walking towards the light.And wasn't there a light to his right too, or played his eyes tricks on him? On a second glance, he can't see it anymore.

Cowers trembles as she kneels in the boat, bow on her lap and arrow ready. She watches her surroundings carefully, fearing that a sea monster might attack. She prepares herself to shoot anything that might attack. Suddenly an otter appear who got a mussel and a small stone on his belly. Before it can start hitting the mussel with the stone to open, the mussel is suddenly penetrated by an arrow and flies back into the water. The bewildered animal dives again. After a while it appears again, but further away from the boat. It got its mussel again, and thanks to the arrow it is broken and ready to eat.
Without any further monsters attacking, they reach the ork town. Poor doesn't row to the boat house, but further south to J7 and lets them get ashore close to the watchtower. He ties the boat close to some bushes hanging over the water and hides it. Then he rips branches from some other bushes and tosses them on the boat. "Ok, i am done. Since we only got two boats and you need this one while the fishermen need the other one, well, I will have some training on the way back. Be careful!" he says, bidding good bye to them. Then he jumps into the lake and starts swimming to the other side. Grace now understands why he had no armour, wearing only a loincloth and having a knife scabbard strapped over his chest.

Map:
Cowers entered K7.
Walks entered the cave at F5

Cavemap (press F5):

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 43

Turn 43
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Flies uses her spear to attack the brown spider.
"Grace take care of the injured one! Then we can focus on the white one!"
Grace stand perplexed for a second. Take care? Oh, right! Take care. She tries to stab the badly injured spider with her dagger, keeping the torch away from the spider. She does only minor damage, but that is enough to kill the spider. She is lucky that the brown spider and the corpse of the small black spider blocks the way, since the white spider wants to get closer. It tries to hit Grace with it's legs, but doesn't reach her.
Flies is very lucky too, her spear enters the spiders abdomen and goes in very deep. When she pulls it out, slimy ooze drips out of the spiders abdomen.
"I don't think we should upset the white one! It seems dangerous! I'm scared, Flies!" Graces voice is trembling.
Coats continues to attack the brown spider. He nearly hits it's leg, but it evades just in time. But the evasive move made the spider fumble her own attack, so it doesn't do any damage to Coats.

Tinkers gets closer to the light and appears at the tunnel entrance where the white spider is. Maybe it is because of the darkness, maybe it is because a spider held him for some time and now he maybe smells like one himself, but the other spiders don't care about him. He stands behind a small black spider close to the white one and makes room for a larger brown one appearing with an spider egg. Seems the spiders want to evacuate the cavern. The small black spiders who advanced on Coats start to cut eggs from the ceiling too and carry them towards the tunnel exit. Poor spiders, you scared them!

"Hey Walks IÔÇÖm here, oh and could you bring the lamp with you it's a bit dark here!" wants yells hoping that walks manages to find him in the dark.
"Right!" WalksBriskly says.
Wants tries to step back so he can lit a torch, but he hears that the spider is to fast and just follows him. He stabs into the direction of the sounds and his sword penetrates something. He pulls it back and hears some drops hit the ground.
Walks cuts the lamp free with his spear.
"Where are the others?" he yells while walking towards Wants.
"They went of the get Tinkers who got spidernapped. I could use a hand here keeping this spider away, so that I can light a torch and get some light in here."
Walks moves north and sees a small black spider in the tunnel continuing north. He turns his lamp so it gives light to the tunnel Wants is in, while he hears the spider getting closer. Just when Wants gets used to fighting in the darkness. If Wants wouldn't stand in the way, he maybe could throw a javelin at the spider.

Cowers nocks another arrow as she cautiously slips toward the tower, generally doing her best to stay extremely close to Bones. As she does so, she whispers, "H-have y-you e-ever f-fought a-adventurers before?" "Has nobody told you that we were attacked by adventurers just before you arrived? That they were the reason we needed you as reinforcements? By the way, i fought more adventurers than i have fingers, so it is at least...erm...forget about that."
"W-what a-are we sus-supposed to do if adventurers a-actually show up?" "We try to sneak to the boat if they are too many and inform the camp. If something goes wrong i will keep them at bay and you row back alone." "A-and how l-long are we supposed t-t-to stay here?" "Until they show up or somebody is send to us to tell us to do something else. Now put that arrow away, you will rip the sinew of your bow if you keep it bow-taut all the time. Trust me, i shot more arrows than ...stupid number. Let's stick with i shot maaany."
He takes a look at the sinking sun and asks Cowers "You want to take the first or the second watch?".

Time:
It is nightfall. The goblins inside the cave won't notice, but for the camp it is time to sleep.

Traits:
Wants: blind-fight (melee attacks on you don't get a bonus if you cannot see the attacker. Does not work on ranged attacks or against blink spell attacks.)

@Jacon: You didn't post, but after i rolled your attack and the attack of the spider i choose i will post this turn, since neither of you hit. I hope that is ok.
@Asks: Funny that you came up with this last turn, i planned to give you this for a long time but i wanted you to fight more than just 1-2 turns in the darkness.

Cavemap (press F5):

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 44

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:24 am

Turn 44
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cowers laughs shakily. "I'll t-take f-first. A-and p-probably s-second, too. I-I d-don't think I'm s-sleeping tonight." She warily glances at her surroundings. "Y-you're welcome t-to join me on e-either w-watch, though."
"No, you are not. You will wake me for the second watch. And if you don't go to sleep then, I will help you to go to sleep if you want or not. You need to stay awake tomorrow too. And if you don't wake me...just don't do it.
We are very safe in here, and until you don't take the cloak from the lamp nobody can spot us in here. And we looked the door! Goodnight."
Bones lies down on his bedroll and wrappes himself in it. The night is calm and dark, and thanks to the moon and no clouds being in the sky, Cowers has no problem in seeing very far. She notices mountains to the east and north, and the river running far into the south. She can look further than she ever went in her life.

In the cave, the group doesn't even notice it is night.
Coats shoves he's sword into the brown spider and does minor damage. The spider bites him in his leg, dealing one damage.
"How many of these things are their?"
Flies switches her position with Grace.
"Both of you finish off the brown one I'll keep the white one at bay!"
Grace takes cover behind Flies. She's keeping the torch away from the white spider. She's too scared of it to attack right now.
Flies and the white spider want to attack each other, but Tinkers appears behind the white spider and stabs it into it's back with both daggers, dealing heavy damage. The spider spins around, but since both daggers are still in it's back, Tinkers is pulled over to the other side and send flying. He nearly crashes into Flies and her spear pointed at the spider. With an acrobatic move of Tinkers and a fast reaction of Flies Tinkers evades the spear and crashs onto the floor behind Flies, both weapons in his hands and receiving two damage. Flies attack failed because of that. The white spider seems confused now, maybe because it is blinded by Tinkers dagger, maybe because it can only sense spiders behind itself. It turns around again.
The small black spider behind which Tinkers entered the cave grabs an egg from the ceiling, and follows the other spiders carrying an egg running away.

"Hey good to see you buddy!" Wants says and attacks the brown spider again.

When Walks rushes up next to Wants, he can see a large white spider behind the brown on. It doesn't comer closer, and it seems it is rather guarding the crossroads instead of attack them. He also sees another brown spider entering the crossroad and vanishing behind the white spider.
"Holy Crap! They make these spiders big!" WalksBriskly says and thrusts his spear into the brown spider too. Together they manage to take down the spider. It falls flat on the ground, then it's legs start to bend. Behind themselves, they can hear more spiders approaching.

Battle:
Coats is down on 2/6
Tinkers is down on 1/5

Time & Weather:
A starlit night begins no fog or rain. The next morning is bright and sunny.

@Walks: I forgot about Nauhir when Walks entered the cave. The wolf is outside the cave, since it disliked entering the cave. Maybe it was the smell of spiders, maybe the smell of fire from the flame running through some of the tunnel before, but it did not want to enter. I edited into Turn 42.
@Cowers. Yes you can shoot if you smash in the windows (glass), or if you use the ladder and the hatch to climb on the roof.
@Tinkers: you did a crit with both weapons and had Grace's aura on you!

Cavemap (press F5):

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 45

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 am

Turn 45
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Looks like we got company!" Wants says as he gets ready for yet another fight.
But instead of a spider running up to him and trying to kill him, he sees a spider guarding the entrance as if it doesnÔÇÖt want him to get in. Wants takes this moment of sudden peace as best as he can and lits another torch. He notices four small black spider behind them, they are already very close. "What the hell is all this?" WalksBriskly asks as he swings the lamp around and points it behind them, ready for an attack.
But then, the first one just runs past Wants and Walks without attacking, the others following it. Walks just stay where he is, watching. He notices that the first black spider starts working on the earth between themselves and the white spider.

"Look! They just want to protect their young! Neither of us wants to fight! We're all just killing out of fear!" Grace realizes the spiders don't want to fight. They just want a refuge in the cave. Then her second realization comes. "But they give us no choice! They will never think and feel like we do. They just act for themselves, and we must do the same, or we will be defeated!" This time, acting means retreating. It benefits both sides.

"*Oof*" Tinkers gasps, "That...that really hurts. I think we need to get out of here. There's too many of them, and we have no idea how deep this cave goes. We can always come back later."
"We might want to fall back soon" Coats says knowing he can't keep this up much longer.
He slams his sword into the brown spider one last time and kills it. The white spider advances on him and trys to stab him with a leg, but doesn't hit, because he backs off.
See that everyone wants to retreat Flies yells
"Alright goblins fall back, If anyone has a extra torch throw it at the eggs that may distract the other spiders enough to let us escape."
But Grace already runs along, followed by the others and the white spider, which keeps some distance when they goblins move further into the tunnel. They climb down the ledge into the first tunnel. Flies makes sure she is the last to retreat.

Cowers starts on the jagged sword while she is on watch. This may take a while she notices. When it is Bones Turn to keep watch, he sends her to bed. She is really tired after being in panic a long time, being alarmed the whole day, trying to dig a hole below her bed, travelling over here and sharpening the sword. When she cowers in her bedroll and covers her head with it she falls asleep very fast, even if she thought she would not be able too.
"Today's youth." Bones mutters. "When I was young we were send to war to prove we achieved adulthood. Not just trained a little bit with blunt weapons or killed a rabbit for the heck of it."

Cavemap (press F5):