Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

For all games that are now over.
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 238)

Post by askstoomuch » Fri May 01, 2015 4:47 am

wants stays away from airiz, feeling nothing but hate for her and the people of her race
he introduces himself to the hobgoblin
"my name is wants, what's your story pal"
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri May 01, 2015 5:30 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:"I am not versed in combat. I need training, not go to a mission where i am going to make a fool of myself. You promised training after the palicade is worked on, and i did that."
"Listen, I said you can train with him, but I also said I had a mission for you"
the chief explains to Strange patiently
"While we have the ressources, we don't have the time to fully train you in the camp. The undead threat is more imminent than ever, some were spotted around here! To fully train you, it would take months. But I do not know how many days we have. You learn quicker on the field, with real danger, than with training weapons and friends. Force will train you while you are here, but you cannot stay here all the time. We all have a job to do here. Some all the time, some from time to time.
This is a simple mission, and Coats is an experienced fighter. He will take care of you, and you can learn from him. This mission is your training."
Sussura runs to find Carl and show him her new armour and swords. "Look! Now I am a warrior like you!"
Carl smiles at her
"That's good. We need all the strength we can get to beat them. I wish you luck and wished I could join you, but the Duke gave me an other task. I have to make sure the refugees get out of here safely."
:zzz:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 01, 2015 5:46 am

Simon extends his webbed hand toward the goblins "Greetings from the Great Forest" Simon says with a small croak.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri May 01, 2015 6:08 am

"Yes! They told me! I came to say good luck and thank you! I will see you again soon, Sir Carl!" Sussura climbs up his side just like she had done when they were fighting and fleeing in the forest, and stands on his shoulder to give him a hug. Then she hurries back to the others.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Fri May 01, 2015 7:29 am

"Hello goblin, it is nice to meet those who have caused such interest. I am Damns-Us-All, scion of the Autumnwolf Clan. Who, then, are you?"
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 01, 2015 8:14 am

Strange nods. "I understand." Strange walks to coats and looks at the frog. "Hi. So you know how to destroy undead?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 01, 2015 8:25 am

"Simon knows how to kill the spawn of the dark one, yes, Simon knows many ways" Simon holds up 3 slimy webbed fingers and begins counting off ways to kill undead. "Fire can destroy them, Holy things can destroy them or you can hurt them until they die." Simon hops impatiently from one foot to the other while speaking... "Where are the bad things, Simon needs to kill them to keep the Mistress Safe"

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri May 01, 2015 10:55 am

Coats throws a wary look at the newcomer not quite sure if he's a goblin or not.
" Well, i guess we can't turn down help even from non goblins...Let's go find us some undead."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat May 02, 2015 2:00 pm

ooc: Feel free to roleplay some more to get to know the new chars better. :)

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat May 02, 2015 2:05 pm

Runsaround wrote:"Hello goblin, it is nice to meet those who have caused such interest. I am Damns-Us-All, scion of the Autumnwolf Clan. Who, then, are you?"

I Am wants, autummwolf ? I havent heard of your kind, havent seen much more the ditches and infected woods these days

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sun May 03, 2015 4:12 am

"Goblin, the Autumnwolf clan was a proud clan! We crushed all foolish adventurers who dared entered our land. Had it not been for that traitorous imbecile Grinds... But no matter. Our mission is to slay undead, is it not? Time is of the essence."

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Turn 239)

Post by Nerre » Tue May 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Turn 239
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Strange does not seem too happy to be send on a mission right now and complains to the chief. "I am not versed in combat. I need training, not go to a mission where i am going to make a fool of myself. You promised training after the palicade is worked on, and i did that."
The chief looks a bit not amused and looks at Strange in a kind of <I am not in the mood for that now> way. But still, he takes some time to patiently explain his reasons.
"Listen, I said you can train with him, but I also said I had a mission for you. While we have the ressources, we just don't have the time to fully train you in the camp. The undead threat is more imminent than ever, some were spotted around here! To fully train you, it would take months. But I do not know how many days we have. You learn quicker on the field, with real danger, than with training weapons and friends. Force will train you while you are here, but you cannot stay here all the time. We all have a job to do here. Some all the time, some from time to time.
This is a simple mission, and Coats is an experienced fighter. He will take care of you, and you can learn from him. This mission is your training."
Strange nods "I understand." and turns to the others.
Now that their conversation is over, Simon, the grippli, extends his webbed hand toward the goblins.
"Greetings from the Great Forest" he says with a small croak.
Strange looks at the froglike being. "Hi."
Coats throws a wary look at the newcomer not quite sure if he's a goblin or not.
"Well, i guess we can't turn down help even from non goblins...Let's go find us some undead."
"So you know how to destroy undead?"
"Simon knows how to kill the spawn of the dark one, yes, Simon knows many ways" Simon holds up three slimy webbed fingers and begins counting off ways to kill undead. "Fire can destroy them, Holy things can destroy them or you can hurt them until they die." Simon hops impatiently from one foot to the other while speaking. "Where are the bad things, Simon needs to kill them to keep the Mistress Safe"
"On the other side of the lake. Take the boat or a raft to get over there. It is at the jetty. Coats, make sure they come back in one piece." chief Appears says and leaves them to themselves.
After a short walk to the jetty, they find several vessels. A large houseboat with two sails, in which the goblins stored some food, wood and hay for the mule, two smaller rafts with one sail and a newly build rowing boat. And Strange's companion Quention, who happily swims towards him and greats him by gently nibbling into his toes a few time.

In the shrine, Sussura runs to find Carl and show him her new armour and swords. Carl knees down to understand her better. "Look! Now I am a warrior like you!" she chirps proudly and happily. Carl returns the smile "That's good. We need all the strength we can get to beat them. I wish you luck and wished I could join you, but the Duke gave me an other task. I have to make sure the refugees get out of here safely."
"Yes! They told me! I came to say good luck and thank you! I will see you again soon, Sir Carl!" Sussura climbs up his side just like she had done when they were fighting and fleeing in the forest, and stands on his shoulder to give him a hug. He returns it gently with two fingers bend around her back. Then she hurries back to the others.
Wants meanwhile stays away from aziriz, feeling nothing but hate for her and the people of her race. He just is not ready yet to forgive them for cutting off his hand, even if he was the one betraying them. Old habbits die hard. So he turns to the new face, even if he has to look up to do that, and introduces himself to the hobgoblin.
" My name is Wants, Wants-to-be-safe. What's your story, pal?"
"Hello goblin, it is nice to meet those who have caused such interest. I am Damns-Us-All, scion of the Autumnwolf Clan."
"Autummwolf ? I haven't heard of your kind, haven't seen much more the ditches and infected woods these days."
"Goblin, the Autumnwolf clan was a proud clan! We crushed all foolish adventurers who dared entered our land. Had it not been for that traitorous imbecile Grinds... But no matter. Our mission is to slay undead, is it not? Time is of the essence."
That said, two of the three groups take of and leave the shrine, only a small guard and the main fighter force remaining inside the walls.
Carl and his refugees take off towards the northwest, then west, to get to Carl's home, while the goblins, lizards and hobgoblin stand in front of the main gate, looking north, into the direction they have to go.

Information:
@Runsaround: You know that Westerngaard is north of the location Wants was, and that you should find the road to the city sooner or later, if you follow the river, as there will be a bridge. You have been in most of the area left of the river in the last weeks up to about 6 tiles distance from the shrine (Y-13 on the map).
@Rest of the shrine group: You know that Westerngaard is north of the shrine, but thats about it.

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/worldmap.html

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 239)

Post by nikohl » Tue May 05, 2015 1:40 pm

"I am ready! Let us go! Except my legs are only short, so let us not go too fast!"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue May 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Strange reaches out to pet his duck. "Why don't you come up here and sit on my lap?" strange offers his lap to Quinton

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed May 06, 2015 12:42 am

"Right now, my goblin compatriots, we go to Westerngaard. We'll be heading north, to the river. If we follow it, we'll hit the bridge. From there, Westerngaard should be as simple as following a road."

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed May 06, 2015 1:38 am

"I am not a goblin!" Sussura chirps cheerfully.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed May 06, 2015 3:09 am

"Oh yes, I forgot about you, uh, what was it?"

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed May 06, 2015 3:16 am

"Sussura! Also Aziriz, she is not a goblin either! And neither is that man there! Or this fellow! And that one!"
► Show Spoiler

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed May 06, 2015 4:05 am

"Oh yes, that makes sense. So, assorted humanoid compatriots, then? Very well. I can lead anything, after all."

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Wed May 06, 2015 7:14 am

wants goes with the party keeping to himself, making a mental note of all who join them, how many, which races, how well the are armed

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed May 06, 2015 12:46 pm

nikohl wrote:"Sussura! Also Aziriz, she is not a goblin either! And neither is that man there! Or this fellow! And that one!"
► Show Spoiler
Cutest char so far by far! :D
I want to sew a plush Sussura just to hug her whenever you write something so cute. :lol:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed May 06, 2015 1:51 pm

PS: If you want to move on the map, I would kindly ask for map coordinates to describe your route. :)
For the warcamp group: please also express which vessel you want to use in case you want to take off this turn.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 06, 2015 2:16 pm

To the supply boat i guess?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed May 06, 2015 3:37 pm

there is no such thing, Burns. ;)