Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

For all games that are now over.
askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 236)

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:05 am

wants goes over to take the items he has been granted

and walks up to the familiar faces
it's good to see you guys made it so far.... any word on the clan ? it's been so long he puffs. these people are they good ? can we trust them

when they are done
he goes of to wash him self his clothes and repair his patch up his gear, making a little invertory off what he has and might need

if there is time left he will go to the one in charge and offer his help
If there is any place on the mission I am more then willing to help
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:25 am

I updated inventories in the 1st and 2nd post, but I will do again once you equipped yourself in the Shrine's castle's armory. So many 's. ;)
:zzz:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:31 am

"I fight unconventionally and I like to adapt quickly."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:38 pm

"Aha. And whats with that bucket?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:44 pm

"Well, I lost my backpack in a bear attack and we built a makeshift one with a bucket and fur."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:12 pm

"If we are done with todays work, we can train. We are busy building the gate for the pallisade. And a catwalk behind it for the archers. You can help, then we are done quicker...if you don't have two left hands like Thumbs."

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:37 pm

Coats goes and gets one of the med iron shields for himself before reporting back to hear more on this Orc fortress and it's spiders.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:13 pm

"Spiders?" the chief asks surprised? "No no, they do not belong to the orcs. Or live in the orc town. They belong to Divya, the spider lady, from the cave in the northwest. Don't you remember her? She send three gigant spiders to aid us, large enough to be ridden. Not that anybody dared that yet."
He turns to look at the abandoned orc village at the other side of the lake.
"You have visited the orc fortress already, at least the outside, but you and the others told me that you did not find a way in back then. Now we have a lot more ressources, so I am sure you can get in. Try ropes with hooks or build a long ladder, well, you could even try to mount a spider and use one of the rafts to bring it to the other side. I am sure they can get you in, if one of you can ride it. We need to know what is on the inside, how large it is and how well the fortifications are. If there is a basement, it would be just fine to use as an emergency retreat if we would get overwhelmed here, and we could store some weapons and food there. If not, it would be a deathtrap, and we would have to look for something else."

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:34 pm

" I remember the spiders but I never had the pleasure of meeting their master. If she's sent us mounts that could get us in the fortress than am willing to see if I can ride one."
Coats makes his way to the spiders to assess them

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:47 pm

He finds them at the construction side, hauling large wodden logs into the holes the goblins dug. The pallisade already looks impressive and won't allow low level adventurers to surprise the goblins once it will be finished. So far, it only the north-west part is almost finished, only the gate is missing.
"Hello Coats. Good to have you back." Friendly (a hunter) welcomes him. Next to him is an unknown face, must be one of the new recruits. He looks younger than Coats and only whispers a shy "hello."

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:20 pm

" Do we already have new recruits.. Keep your nose clean kid and make sure to get some training in. You'll need it when the adventurers come...Friendly what can you tell me about these spiders. Our chief seems to think their big enough to ride. Will they snap at me if I try to mount one"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:02 am

"The witch Divya rode on them, and whatever she is, she appears to be human by sight and size. The spider should be fine with your weight." Friendly says, just when the spider puts down a log beside them, which weights a multiple of a goblin, even a large one as Coats.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:19 pm

" Very well. Let's see how she handles a rider." Coats mounts and hopes the massive creature doesn't send him flying.

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Turn 237)

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Turn 237
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Strang nods to the words of the chief and goes out to seek this Force. "Appears told me you can teach me some fighting tricks."
"That he did say, aha. Well, what weapons do you have? You seem to lack proper weapons. I can try to teach you to fight dirty without, but that needs a lot of training."
"I fight unconventionally and I like to adapt quickly."
"What you like and what you can do and can learn are two different things. We will see what you might be able to learn during some training. And then there will be lots more of training until you really can do it."
After a moment, he adds "Erm. And whats with that bucket?"
"Well, I lost my backpack in a bear attack and we built a makeshift one with a bucket and fur."
"Well, at least you are creative. If we are done with todays work, we can train. We are busy building the gate for the pallisade. And a catwalk behind it for the archers. You can help, then we are done quicker...if you don't have two left hands like Thumbs."

Coats goes and gets one of the med iron shields for himself before reporting back to hear more on this Orc fortress and it's spiders.
"Spiders?" the chief asks surprised? "No no, they do not belong to the orcs. Or live in the orc town. They belong to Divya, the spider lady, from the cave in the northwest. Don't you remember her? She send three gigant spiders to aid us, large enough to be ridden. Not that anybody dared that yet."
He turns to look at the abandoned orc village at the other side of the lake.
"You have visited the orc fortress already, at least the outside, but you and the others told me that you did not find a way in back then. Now we have a lot more ressources, so I am sure you can get in. Try ropes with hooks or build a long ladder, well, you could even try to mount a spider and use one of the rafts to bring it to the other side. I am sure they can get you in, if one of you can ride it. We need to know what is on the inside, how large it is and how well the fortifications are. If there is a basement, it would be just fine to use as an emergency retreat if we would get overwhelmed here, and we could store some weapons and food there. If not, it would be a deathtrap, and we would have to look for something else."
"I remember the spiders but I never had the pleasure of meeting their master. If she's sent us mounts that could get us in the fortress than am willing to see if I can ride one."
Coats makes his way to the spiders to assess them. He finds them at the construction side, huge beasts hauling large wodden logs into the holes the goblins dug. Smaller ones seem to guard the area around or help the larger ones. The pallisade already looks impressive and won't allow low level adventurers to surprise the goblins once it will be finished. So far, it only the north-west part is almost finished, only the gate is missing.
"Hello Coats. Good to have you back." Friendly (a hunter) welcomes him. Next to him is an unknown face, must be one of the new recruits. He looks younger than Coats and only whispers a shy "hello."
"Do we already have new recruits?" Coats asks rhetorically, then gives some advice to the recruit "Keep your nose clean kid and make sure to get some training in. You'll need it when the adventurers come!" then he turns back to the hunter "Friendly, what can you tell me about these spiders? Our chief seems to think their big enough to ride. Will they snap at me if I try to mount one?"
"The witch Divya rode on them, and whatever she is, she appears to be human by sight and size. The spider should be fine with your weight." Friendly says, just when the spider puts down a log beside them with a dull thump, which weights a multiple of a goblin, even a large one as Coats. "You just have to get them over the lake. I think they cannot swim."
"Very well. Let's see how she handles a rider." Coats mounts and hopes the massive creature doesn't send him flying, after Friendly talked to it for a moment.
The spider looks at Friendly first, then Coats, or maybe at both as it has more than enough eyes to do that. It bows slightly so Coats can climb onto it right behind its head, then it stands up as if he had no weight and continues to work. With Coats aboard, it walks to the pile of logs and grabs another one. Coats can see it's powerfull mandibles deforming the log slightly. Nothing he would want to feel close around his arm. Two of the eight legs support the weight of the log, while the spider returns to the next hole in the ground.
"Looks good." Friendly sais, "Now you only have to find out how to show it where to go and what to do while you are up there, where it cannot see you. Was hard enough to make it work with us."

In the shrine, the goblins find out that they are dismissed by the Duke, even if it sounded like a question. So they are now on a scouting mission.

Wants walks up to the familiar faces and greats his long time no see friends "it's good to see you guys made it so far.... any word on the clan? it's been so long he puffs. these people are they good ? Can we trust them?"
The others tell him about what happened and whom they met, also they introduce Sussura and Carl. While the others already go into the armory, Walks washes of the stains of several weeks and not least of all, his death. After that, he doesn't smell like a undead anymore, much to the pleasure of his friends.
He finds them gearing up and also grabs some replacement for his lost equipment. Most of his iron armor is replaced by stronger steel equipment, he even finds a large tower shield. When he puts over a chain mail armor, he would have felt safer than ever before, if he had not already died. But also as heavy as he had never been before. He will have a hard time to run in this and can totally forget about being sneaky. Should he grab some studded leather armor like Walks? To his amusement, he sees that there are even leather armors for beings as tiny as Sussura.
"They were for fey." the keeper of the armory explains, following Wants gaze. This also explains the little opening on the back of Sussura's armor. When she puts them on, she feels a slight increase in her magic powers. When she lets out a surprise "Oh!", the keeper askes her "Are you a magic user?"

Tinkers gets rid of some of the items he does not need anymore to loose some weight. While doing this, he finds Wants finger bones in one of his pockets, and hands them to Wants. "Hey Wants...I think those belong to you. Sorry for not being able to snatch them before they through them into the fire."
Tinkers takes gloves and a cap made of dark leather, to protect his head, hands and to help him hide better.

Also, everybody gets a new backpack, except for Sussura. There is just none in her size.

Walks parades around in a scale mail armor and wearing leather gloves. When he walks to the weapon board, he picks two battle hatchets, as he got used to this kind of weapon. They feel well balanced in his hand and are made so they can be thrown.

"Are you done?" the keeper asks.

ITEMS:
Coats gains:
1 medium iron shield (+3 DEF)

Tinkers gains:
1 backpack
1 dark leather cap (small and medium, +0.5 DEF)
1 dark leather gloves (small and medium, +0.5 DEF)

Walks gains:
1 backpack
1 set of studded leather armor (medium, +3 DEF)
1 leather gloves (medium and small, +0.5 DEF)
2 battle hatchet (small, +3 ATK, +2 RATK throwable, 1 Damage always pierces the armor if you score a hit, 25% miss if thrown)

Wants gains:
1 backpack
1 Want's finger bones
1 chain mail armor (medium, +5 DEF)

Sussura gains:
1 set of leather armor (tiny, +2 DEF)
2 sword (+1 ATK, tiny. Knife for larger beings)

TRAITS:
Tinkers advanced to sneaky 2 (stealth, trap disarm, lockpicking) due to his equipment upgrade.

Information:
@All: Sorry for the long break, had a lot going on in RL in the last few month. Hope I can make up for it and we can continue. Also, Only few did post, even if more of you did write that they are still active. This makes it hard to update.

Who is in which Zone:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/236_Zones.png
World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/worldmap.html

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 237)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:40 pm

I was really hoping i could train but apparently i cant so i guess i will help out with buildig the pallisode thing. *grumbles*

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:41 pm

"Yes, I have magic! What did this armor do to it? It feels different!" Sussura chirps, flexing her little muscles and jabbing tentatively at the air with the swords they gave her, careful to avoid poking anyone with them. "Thank you! I feel .... Safer!"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Shrine, Sussura:

The man laughs when she jabs the air.
"You are cute. There is no need to thank me. They were lying around far too long. Were only good for accumulating spider webs and dust until you came. I think the fey have woven some enchantment into the armor to boost their magic...forgive an old man for being curious...what can you cast?"

Warcamp, Strange:

Thumbs explains Strange what to do and tools him up with a hammer and nails. Then he points at Tumbler and a new recruit with oliv-green skin color "Go with those guys, they know what to do. You are going to build a walk for the guards on the inside the palisade parapet." The other goblin grab planks and narrow beams and walk inside the parapet, where there is already a ladder leaning against the palisades. One of the little spiders followed them and takes over a beam from Tumbler, then climbs up and waits for him to climb the ladder. "Nails and hammer, please." he shouts down.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Speaks throws a rope tied to a bucket full of nails and a hammer.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:19 am

wants looks for a small bag tiny engouh to hang around his neck and puts the bones in there (got that idea from game of thrones ^^)
he puts the black cloak over himself, to hide his armor, lower the sound of the clinging. he looks for a small dagger and takes it, hiding it in his boot. the one he already has he hides behind his back.
feeling armored and covered up he grabs some survival gear if he finds any, he looks for something to light a fire, a large piece of rope, and a small latern, and puts them in his backpack.

when he feels armored and armed engouh he goes over to the others and informs about the misson, asking around if there are any places in the city that sell mounts for people his size

yeahhhhhh update
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:53 am

"Mostly cold! Some shocking! I made noises happen once but not since!" She chirps, happy to talk to someone about her sorcerous abilities. She doesn't seem to be bragging, just stating the facts. While she speaks, she stows the little swords away carefully for safekeeping.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:27 am

While the chief appears to asks Coats and Strange if they are ready to go, Carl does the same to the group in the armory. (sorry, but only few have posted, will try to push the story forwads a bit now).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:29 am

Strange nods. "I think so."

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Turn 238)

Post by Nerre » Fri May 01, 2015 3:14 am

Turn 238
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

In the warcamp:
After Coats trained spider riding for a short while and Strange helped with the rampart construction, it is time for their depature towards the abandoned orc village on the other side of the great lake. They should find a way into the also abandoned stronghold and see if it could serve as a emergency retreat for the whole warcamp in case the undead army attacks again. The chief asigned the largest spider the mysterious witch Divya gave to them to them for the duration of this mission, as getting in with ladders and rope did not work the last time the goblins went to the stronghold. Flies, Cowers and Punches were also offered to join this scouting mission, but they did not make up their mind yet.
When Coats and Strange arrive at the large houseboat, Age, their teller, arrives with a strange little being, looking a bit like a frog. Or maybe more than a bit. It is about two thirds as large as the goblins, and curiously looks at them. His skin is bright green and he is wearing simple leather clothes.
"This is Simon, a grippli. He is the apprentice of a Dryad I know, living in the great forest, close to our hometown. When she learned about our fight against the undead, she send him to help us. The easternmost part of her forest started to get corrupted by the undead, and she is at her wits' end. Take him with you and let him help. Most of the undead we encountered yet were in the orc town anyway."

Meanwhile, in the shrine of Pelors' armory, Sussura, the little lizzard sorcerer, is having a conversation with the keeper of the armory.
"Are you a magic user?"
"Yes, I have magic! What did this armor do to it? It feels different!" Sussura chirps, flexing her little muscles and jabbing tentatively at the air with the swords they gave her, careful to avoid poking anyone with them. "Thank you! I feel .... Safer!"
The man laughs when she jabs the air.
"You are cute. There is no need to thank me. They were lying around far too long. Were only good for accumulating spider webs and dust until you came. I think the fey have woven some enchantment into the armor to boost their magic...forgive an old man for being curious...what can you cast?"
"Mostly cold! Some shocking! I made noises happen once but not since!" She chirps, happy to talk to someone about her sorcerous abilities. She doesn't seem to be bragging, just stating the facts. While she speaks, she stows the little swords away carefully for safekeeping.
"Maybe you can learn it with enough training. I wish you luck." the keeper says, as loud steps from metal boots cling through the corridors.
Wants, the deathguard goblin, meanwhile is done with parading around in his new armor and picks up a little bag, in which he puts the bones of his cut of hand, before he hangs it around his neck. He equips a few more items and then drapes the black cloth over his shoulders and back.
The loud steps end, when Sir Keltor, second in command, enters the armory. "Are you ready to go? We have prepared mounts for you, as scouts on their feet are worth less than mounted ones. And we also aquired a few more talents so accompany you. The Duke is calling all fighters to arms right now, while your friend, Carl - Sir Carl now - is preparing the exodus of the refugees. If you would be so kind to follow me?"
The walk down into the large, paved forecourt of the castle. A few knights are waiting in front of their mounts, and so do large and strong beings like ogres, stone giants, stone elementals, a huge lizardman and many more. "Those are the fighters, your group is over there" Sir Keltor says when he sees the elated looks on the goblins faces.
When Wants, Walks, Tinkers, Sussura and Bear turn over, they spot a familiar face within the rest of the group. "Aziriz!" Walks says surprised as he spots the female troglodyte fighter. Wants is not that glad to see her again, after all it was her who had cost him his shield hand after he betrayed the trust of her clan out of fear.
Right next to her, there is a hobgoblin, who looks a bit weaker than his race normaly does, but his eyes are cunning and he looks a bit angry and feral. He is dressed in hides, barely covering what should be covered. Several blood stains are on his hides. He holds an old bronze sword with a green patina. A worn out backpack lies beside his feet, and he wears a shard of metal like a necklace.
"This is Damns, he knows the woulds north of here very well and is an experienced trapper. He caught a lot of food for this refugium." the knight introduces Damns to the others.

Information:
@All: Welcome to the new players: BadgeAddict with Simon and Runsaround with Damns!

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/worldmap.html

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 238)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 01, 2015 3:23 am

"I am not versed in combat. I need training, not go to a mission where i am going to make a fool of myself. You promised training after the palicade is worked on, and i did that."

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 238)

Post by nikohl » Fri May 01, 2015 3:44 am

Sussura runs to find Carl and show him her new armour and swords. "Look! Now I am a warrior like you!"