Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

For all games that are now over.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 251)

Post by Nerre » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:56 am

"Good work. Now get ready to fight the adventurers. We will talk about it some more later."
:zzz:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:27 pm

The wedding aftermath is almost cleaned up, should be able to update again soon. :)

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:38 am

*rains of castemere plat while nerre mops up blood*
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:30 am

Damns attempts to be the vanguard, sneakily moving through the mud in the direction of the well.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Turn 252)

Post by Nerre » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Turn 252
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

In the warcamp:
After the chief told them about the soon to arrive adventurers, he wants to hear their report.
"Orcs gone. No orc I saw. Something happened." Strange looks around for Gastron or whatever his name was, but cannot spot him before the chief reprehends him.
"Strange, come on!" The chief facepalms and looks at Coats, like if he expected a bit more usefull information. But Strange is not yet finished and continues.
"And also zombies. And a giant steel wall we can use, if we need to flee there?"
Coat grunts "Zombies were attacking the outer wall. I killed them and than searched the bodies. Discovered these." Coats hands over the papers. "Can't read them.Their are no zombies now and the wall is solid stone. The orcs are gone. No idea where they went but their were signs of somebody at the village. I would suggest it as a good fallback and perhaps even manning it to keep a eye out in that direction. Regardless, I should join the front and prepare for these adventurers."
"Good work. And yes, you get ready to fight the adventurers. We will talk about it some more later, I will give your letters to Age and Enno. I am sure one of them if not both can translate it." the chief commands, then leaves. Poor, the great red goblin, follows him with some well armed men. The chief gives some last commands to the archers in the trees, while Poor talks to Bones.
At the palisade wall, you can see Thumbs giving orders to secure it as best as they can. Currently they are pouring water on the wood to give it some protection to fire spells. Thumsb slips on the wet wood when he tries to help and falls down, but luckily on one of the spiders, which cushions the fall and reduces the distance.
Then, Age runs past them, with the healer by her side. Both carry baskets with potions.

Damns sneaks through the mud, crawling on all four until he can look over it, Sussura riding on his head. He spots several undead, weak looking skeletons, but also more tough zombies and other kinds he did not met yet. And a few humanoids in robes, maybe humans or elves judging by their size. Each of them seems to have a personal guard. A bugbear and a hobgoblin stand behind the two wearing dark robes, while a gnoll accompanies the one with dirty white robes. The group is a lot larger then the little one the beat a few miles down the river.
Damns holds his breath and slowly crouches back. He and Sussura inform the others about what they saw. Wants is a bit confused, cause he doesn't yet feel the presence of the undead. Bear complains as most of the time, while Aziriz seems angry and curses.
"So many foez at onz."

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/worldmap.html

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 252)

Post by Runsaround » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:11 pm

"I think we should stop them. Let's try a sneak attack."

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:24 am

Coats steps into the center and starts hollering commands.
" I need those who can ride to take your spiders and climb to the top of the trees. well allow them to get close and than we can hit them with surprise from above with arrows and our spiders. I want javalins goblins at the wall and I want a vanguard with me to take the fight to these adventurers when they try to breach the gate. We are goblins, we will not fall here, we will turn them back and leave non standing to return. Stand with me kin and I promise victory!"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:32 am

*push*

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Turn 253)

Post by Nerre » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Turn 253
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

In the warcamp:
The goblins that can hear Coats motivational speech look a bit more eager to get rid of the adventurers, while those at the gate rather look timid. Despite the successful fights with the last groups of adventurers, not everybody seems to have forgotten how many lives the did cost the warcamp in the past.

Runsaround is for trying a sneak attempt, despite of the huge group size of their foes. But the others do not answer him, maybe they are still thinking or planning it through.

World map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/worldmap.html

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Curse of the Gold (Turn 253)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:26 pm

After being railroaded twice to do what plot says, one soon after another, i have lost interest in playing anymore.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:25 pm

If there is a plot, how about playing along the plot, not contrary to it or avoiding it? There is a reason for getting railroaded normally.

You don't post once in 10 days and then I get this from you. Thanks. :wall:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Yea i had to think about it.

And making gadgets, or machinery is not contrary to the plot. I want to do things in a differnt way, not the way you like.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:00 am

You sure can make machinery and gadgets, but with limitations. There is a top power level and you cannot quickly craft something during a fight. :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:17 am

Booooo! :p okay okay i will stay... Not that i needed conviencing or anything :shifty:
--------

<SEQUENCE INITIATED: SANITY BOOST

You do realize that is not going to work, right? Afterall your catepault was an abysmal failure. There is simply not enough time to do this sort of thing.
>
<and what am i supposed to do? Fight adventures with no training at all and get killed?>
<You do realize you are practically immortal right now don't you? Or at least very hard to kill.>
<Still hurt like hell. But...i guess i did allow this to happen to protect the clan.>
<That is the spirit.>

Strange goes to look for his wooden armour, but even if he fails to find it he tries to go to the battlefield, unsure how many times he can endure being unconcious in a day, it is already up to four today. He sighs and tries to make a difference. Hos tactics still...unusual like always, trying to trip foes in heavy armour so they are like turtles on thier backs.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:35 am

Strange finds several pieces of armor in the storage hut, leather and a few human chainmail shirts, which can be used as a chainmail robe for a goblin.
There are also a lot of weapons, swords, shields, spears and so on.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:09 am

Strange equips a chainmail robe. He grabs a flail, a blade breaker/blade catcher, a pike and a buckler. He straps on the buckler and holds the blade breaker in the off hand and flail in his main hand. He also grabs a range weapon, if there are any. Preferaby a cross bow.

What range weapons are there?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:29 am

The list is in the first or second post of this thread. light crossbow, bows...

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:33 am

Coats stands in front of the gates ready to engage their foes.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:27 am

Damns rallies his allies and brings to the necromancers, hoping to stop whatever sinister plot they have.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:05 am

Sorry, currently a bit short of time as you for sure have already noticed. Will try to post something soon. :/

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:28 am

I am putting this game on hold for now, I got just too little time currently for the forum. Just enough time to play, but not to GM. :/

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:55 pm

As too many players have left, I think I will write a proper end for this game so it ends up as just another of those unfinished ones. It has survived 2 forum crashs and is one of the oldest games, so I want to end it properly. I hope nobody is disapointed. On the other hand, this might free my head up so I might be able to start something new or continue one of the other games. :)

Best
Nerre

Nerre
Game Master

Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:03 pm

Final part 1
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Suddenly, a large explosion shakes the gate of the new wooden wall of the warcamp. But the protection against fire works and the fire fades into non-existence. The archers give hand signs to those on the ground, announcing four adventurers. Again, they hear an explosion, this time at the wall and not the gate. But again, no fire breaks out. Then, a head appears on top of the wall on the other side of the gate. An elf, wearing a black cap. He looks surprised when a guard on the breastwork immediately attacks with a spear, but he reacts quick and drops down. Seems the adventurer did not expect the wall to have a breastwork. The spear only cuts through thin air instead of his head. Then, an arrow nearly hits the goblin guard. The short silence after the arrow is interrupted when hammering at the gate starts.
ÔÇ£They are trying to break throughÔÇØ Thumbs says ÔÇ£reinforce the gate, put some logs against it.ÔÇØ
Two goblins and the spiders run to do as told.
Several goblins shout alarms, as a black sphere appears right above the gate. Then, arrows shoot out of it, hitting one of the guards on the breastwork, then another. The archers in the trees fire back at the sphere, but it is almost seven meters wide, so whoever is inside it, shooting at the goblins, will be hard to hit. Almost every arrow just passes through the sphere. Goblins ran to seek cover or raise their shields. Flies casts mana shield and shoots rays of frost into the sphere, Cowers and Coats arrows, Strange releases his cross bow bolt.
Then, the gate splinters, and they see a gigantic human knight break through with a waraxe and a large round shield, followed by a not much smaller dwarven paladin, wielding a mace and hiding behind a tower shield. Both are wearing heavy metal armor. The unnatural size must be caused by magic. One of the spiders sprays silk at the paladin, while the knight charges towards the first goblins on the ground. Behind them, a gnome takes a quick look inside the warcamp, then hides behind the remains of the gate. Suddenly, the knight is swept away by a strong kick from the larger spider. He is slammed against the wall and falls on his knees, but is experienced enough to put his shield in front of him. The armor on his leg is dented and he is limping, a thin trail of blood running over his armored boots. Suddenly, Nairah, Flies animal companion, darts into the sphere of darkness, and the goblins can hear shouting from inside and a leg hangs out of the sphere for a second. Then suddenly an arrow from within the sphere shoots at the paladin, but cannot penetrate his armor.
Motivated by this, several goblins charge at the trapped paladin, while the archers focus their fire at the knight behind him. The first goblin reaching the paladin is a recruit, which is hit heavily by the mace and slammed through the wall of the first hut. Then, Stabs ducks and skids, dodging the next mace hit, and ends up right between the feet of the paladin. As more goblins attack the paladin, he cannot keep all of them off. But due to his gigantic size, his attacks are even stronger. Punches is knocked off his feet by a shield slam, while Axe's axe attack bounces of the armor. Suddenly the little gnome runs towards the knight and hides behind one of his legs and shoots a fireball at the tree with three archer platforms. One archer jumps down onto the next hut and breaks through the roof, while another one is blast out of the tree and lands into the bushes, leaving a trail of smoke behind. The third archer had managed to hold tight to the edge of his platform. He looks a bit burned, but continues to fire. Then, with only short notice, the archer on the southern tree shouts a warning and a knight looking just like the first one, only at normal size, appears out of thin air at the southwestern corridor just in the moment of his sword biting deep into the should of Human, almost cutting of his arm. ÔÇ£Sneak attack, little fucker. For someone with alertness you are looking very funny and surprised!ÔÇØ he boasts, ripping his sword out of the heavily bleeding goblin, who collapses right away. He swings and delivers a cut to Wet, before Cradle slams hard into his legs from behind, causing him to fall backwards, but not before stabbing one of the guards in his leg. Cradle is trapped underneath him and attempts to grapple his sword arm. While she is strong for a goblin, the human is still a lot stronger. But he has no time to shake her off enough to use his sword, before a recruit lands on his chest and tries to shove his dagger into the knight. His first attempt is blocked by the chain collar, so he goes for the slits in the helmet. Suddenly, he collapses right on the knight. Cradle sees a knife in his chest, but did not see where it came from. The next goblin going for the knight raises his shield just in time to catch the next thrown knife. The knife uses the time to free his sword arm, only to shout in pain as Nauhir, the wolf the goblins found in the orc town, closes his jaws around it. The knight hits his head hard with the edge of the his shield, but this exposes his side. Bones, the old goblin, stabs in a gap between the armor plates and then twists his spear. Cradle can hear rips crack before another thrown knife grazes the old goblin, leaving a cut in his leather cap. He fumbles and falls over and lands half on the knight, half on the unconscious wolf. Plays, One and Force (Chief Appears father) hide behind their shields and advance under Force' command towards the source of the throwing knives. Another one hits One's foot and he would have fallen, if Force would not have grabbed his arm. A smiling human appears from behind a hut and challengingly raises his rapier ÔÇ£well, that was my last knife. Let's do this the old fashion way.ÔÇØ

Meanwhile at the gate, Coats and Strange did group up with Flies and Simon to attack the giant fighter. Coats, with his large size and strength, did go up first. He somehow managed to block a hit of the hatchet, but the large axe did leave a cut in his shield. Strange manages to climb up the giant knight, and starts to hit the helmet hard with dwarven bread. The knight curses, but it does not seem to distract him much. He tries to kick Coats, but Coats sidesteps and instead delivers a cut into the foot of the knight. Flies shoots a ray of frost against the gnome mage hiding behind the knight, but misses. The mage smiles and shoots back a lightning. Flies falls to the ground and shakes, while the burning pain passes through her body. Simon jumps and touches the knights face with his poison, but the knight laughs and bites his hand. ÔÇ£This...this cannot be!ÔÇØ Simon says, and suddenly falls down, right through the knight. Strange, who saw it, doesn't understand yet. Then, Coats manages to bypass the knight and deliver a strong blow against the mage, cutting him in half. But the upper one fires at him and is still laughing, while the lower one keeps moving it's legs, like it was walking.
ÔÇ£What the?ÔÇØ Coats curses, while the pain of the lightning runs through his body. He sinks to one knee and his eyes find those of Flies. Understanding is in her eyes, but also a lot of pain. Somehow she manages to say ÔÇ£Ill...usion!ÔÇØ.
When hear words sink in, Coats suddenly sees the gnome cut in half vanish, and a larger version of him standing where the giant knight just stood. He is holding a shield and a dagger. He sees Strange hoovering over the gnome and banging thin air with the dwarven bread. Simon is lying on the grass next to the gnome, rubbing his head.
ÔÇ£An Illusion!ÔÇØ he shouts loud enough for everybody to hear. Then, a lot happens at the same time. The dagger of the mage flies towards Simon's neck, while Strange sees through the illusion. From two meters above the gnome, Strange falls down and lands on him, using the force of the fall combined with a regular slam to drive the dwarven bread hard onto the head of the mage. With an ugly cracking noise, the goblins see the bread enter the head and squish out brains and bone shards. For a second, he still stands, the bread still sunken in his skull, then he falls over.
Instantly, the dark sphere flickers and vanishes, while the paladin shrinks to his normal size. Inside the sphere is an elf, who is turning to shoot at the paladin now, with Nairah being wrapped around his neck. While Strange, the gnome and Simon fall onto each other, Coats jumps ahead and storms towards the paladin. Strange manages to end up on Simon's poison covered skin face first, but thanks to his nanoids, it is only a very severy itching. Flies slowly stands up, still shaking a bit.

Plays and Force charge at the rapier wielding human, maybe a rogue. A guard, a hunter, chief Appears and Poor follow close after them. ÔÇ£Charm PersonÔÇØ shouts a human, obviously a priest, who had hit behind a hut, and to their horror, Cradle, still wrangling with the knight, sees how Poor, an goblin as large as her, swing his sword at one of his comrades. The hunter bows back and lets himself fall down just in time to avoid getting hit. Appears manages to slam his shield edge hard at Poor's leg and forces him to knee down, while he continues to run towards the humans.
Then the priest casts something else, and throws a burning sphere at the guard, who ducks behind his shield. Seconds later it is burning, and the guard throws it away, cursing. Meanwhile Plays and Force reached the rogue. Force surprises the rogue by throwing his shield, which forces the rogue to sidestep to evade it. Plays trusts his spear hard towards him, but the human dances back and to the side and shoves his rapier into Plays throat. With blood filling his throat and having problems to breath, the goblin stumbles forward to get out of reach for another attack.
Then a throwing knife hits the rogues arm, raised just in time to block it from hitting his face. A few meters away, One curses. ÔÇ£With my own knife? Are you kidding mARGH?ÔÇØ the rogue complains and shouts as Force stabs him from behind. The rogue quickly spins around with a kick and knocks the old veteran to the ground. One limbs closer. Cradle still wrangles with the knight and already lost some teeth due to a few punches with his armored glove, while she did not land any hit. She would have suffered a lot more, if the knife wasn't also kept busy by Bones and his spear. Then, without warning, chief Appears jumps over Cradle and kicks the head of the knight as hard as he can, sending his helmet flying, but also hissing in pain when he puts his weight on the foot. He falls. At least this buys Cradle enough time to pull out the knight's dagger and shove it deep into his arm pit. ÔÇ£Me too? Come on!ÔÇØ he complains, then Bones spear stabs him into his hip. The knight curses and then screams theatricality.
Meanwhile, the rogue plays with Force. He already had stabbed him into both legs and one arm, leaving only Force' weapon arm uninjured. ÔÇ£Come on. Don't make this too easy.ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£FORCE!ÔÇØ One shouts angrily, not yet in reach to help his fellow goblin. Suddenly, Cloud, the old goblin woman, jumps at the back of the rogue from a hut close by. Maybe he got a sixth sense, but he doesn't turn quick enough to evade her attack. Instead, her barbed spear is driven deep into his upper leg by her momentum, exiting only a few fingers above the knee pit. ÔÇ£Oh come on, I got uncanny dodge and evasion and I throw a ONE?ÔÇØ he complains.
A strange voice says ÔÇ£Stay in char and do your attack throwÔÇØ.
Suddenly, almost retroactively, the rogue lifts his rapier just in time to make Cloud jump in it. But the experienced woman turns in mid air, so it only pierces one of her breasts instead of her heart. While she falls down, her weight rips the rapier out of the rogues hand. Then, One cuts the rogue twice before he can get out his backup weapon, a dirk.

Meanwhile, the hunter managed to grapple Poor and keep him from fighting while he is charmed. The guard stands against the priest alone, or would have, if there weren't the archers. The priest has to raise his shield to not get shot. His leather armor would not withstand the arrows. The priest throws another burning ball, which is explodes where the guard just stood. He jumped away just in time. But the priest is throwing the next ball already, and this time, the guard cannot get out of the way, so instead he turns around and covers his head. The leather below his chainmail is smouldering, and his ears, shoulders and neck get seriously burned. Then, Norma is over him and hands him a potion, while she protects him with her large shield against the next burning ball and draws her sword. Seems the priest run out of flame balls, as he draws his mace.
A few meters away a recruit pours potion into Plays mouth, who lies unconscious in a puddle of his own blood.

The rogue meanwhile managed to draw his dirk and keep One at bay with his dirk. One is bleeding from two wounds, while he did not land another hit after the rogue drew his weapon. But cause of the spear being stuck in his leg and the ground, the rogue is forced to hold tight to it to not fall over. He cannot walk, only circle around the spear shaft. But with One limping, he cannot get behind the rogue. Then One sees Force move on the ground, and limps so Force stays in the back of the rogue. But the rogue notices it and tries to keep his eyes on both. Then, Cloud stands up, one hand pressed on the bleeding breast, the rapier in the other. ÔÇ£Not again. That's my weapon!ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£You cannot keep your eyes on all of us.ÔÇØ Force laughs. Slowly he crawls closer.
ÔÇ£NOOOOO! GET AWAY!ÔÇØ the rogue screams. He defends himself against Cloud with his dirk, while One forces him to let go the spear shaft. Then Cloud makes him loose his balance and he falls down. A nasty ripping accompanies the wound tearing open even further as he falls onto the barbs of the spear head.
Then Cloud stabs both shoulders and says ÔÇ£He is yours, Force.ÔÇØ
The rogue wants to scream again, but all that comes out is gargling and blood after Force cut his throat.
Close by, the knight was bleeding from several wounds. Bones had another cut and he had bit into Cradle's ear. But then Appears shouted a ÔÇ£SURRENDER!ÔÇØ and the knight stopped for a second.
ÔÇ£Since when is this an option?ÔÇØ
The chief looked at him bewildered.
ÔÇ£We are not the ones randomly showing up at your home, trying to kill everybody.ÔÇØ

The priest is fighting with Norma and the burnt hunter, an arrow sticking in his lower leg. With Norma standing against him and the archers above, he cannot even attempt to cast. The hunter pulls out his bow and shoots an arrow in his hip. After that, he is too weak to keep his shield up, and the arrows from the archers above finish him. Poor returns to normal and doesn't stop to apologize to the hunter.

Norma walks over to the knight and gives some potion to Appears, then Bones.
ÔÇ£Why are you helping them?ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£Cause they spared me and are actually nice people.ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£Then...then I will surrender too.ÔÇØ
After this, she helped Cradle to get out from below the knight, and the hunter tied him up.

At the northern huts, Axes, Punches and Coats managed to keep the paladin busy. The ranger stopped shooting after he ran out of arrows, but none pierced the paladins armor. Suddenly, he grabs Nairah at her tail and tries to slam her on the ground. But she telepathically calls Flies for help and suddenly changes her shape. Instead of the Couatl, a orc hits the ground and just shakes it off as it was nothing.
A frost ray hits the elven archer, then a punch from Nairah. As an orc, she towers over the elf and grabs him at his throat and lifts him off the ground, ÔÇ£Nairah brutal now too. Does same as you did. Slamming!ÔÇØ
The elf tries to pull his dagger, but Nairah is quicker. She jumps and then uses all her weight to ram his head hard onto the ground. Dizzy and shaken the elf still tries to reach for his dagger, but Flies freezes his hand and his attempt ends up with some of his fingers breaking off. Then he stops and faints.
ÔÇ£Keep him alive, we maybe can question him. Also nice to see you acquired such wonderful talents.ÔÇØ

Coats and Axes destroyed the paladin's shield with their hits, then punches grappled him. They take off his helmet to kill him, but Age stops them.
ÔÇ£Let him heal our wounded first. We are out of potions.ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£I will do nothing like that.ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£You prefer to die?ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£I will die anyway.ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£You are very persuasive. Last chance.ÔÇØ
The paladin only responded with a prayer to his dwarven god.
ÔÇ£Such an idiot. Tie him up, maybe Norma or Enno can convince him later.ÔÇØ

Later, the goblins cheered, but not too much. They had lost one recruit and one archer, and it wasn't sure yet if Human could keep his arm or if they would have to take it off.
Appears talked to the goblins and cheered them up, thanked them for doing so well. The warcamp had lost more people against weaker opponents.
Then, everything started to get wrong. A fisherman alerted the camp that bodies were floating down the river. Lots of bodies of several races. When most of the goblins gathered at the jetty, they saw that many goblins were among them. Then somebody screamed cause he recognized an relative. Some bodies where washed ashore, while a few fell down the waterfall. The goblins where checking on the dead goblins to see if they knew any of them. It was clear that they were from the main city, but also from other warcamps, cause they did not know all of them. Beside them drifted and stranded humans, dwarves and a few halflings and elves. And then, the dead at the shore stood up at the same moment, just when some boats started to show up far up the river.
Some goblins ran to the center of the camp, while others fought the dead in front of them. But a lot where washed ashore further up or down the coast, not right beside the warcamp, so they gathered in large groups before anybody could fight them. The chief ordered everybody on the boats and the houseboat. The prisoners shouted to be cut free so they could run. The strong and uninjured fighters cut down as much as they could, but not everybody made it on the boats. Some where swallowed by the undead horde, while others ran west into the forest. The goblins were not as safe on the water as they had hoped, cause the drifting dead tried to get into the vessels. A boat capsized and the dead grabbed and drowned Wet, while Poor managed to swim to the houseboat.

Then the boats reached the lake, hooded figures standing in them, chanting. The archer shot and hit, but the hooded figures did not care much for the arrows hitting them. Only those who had prepared burning arrows and where on the houseboat could use them, as there was no fire to light them on the boats. Flies used turn undead, and so did the paladin, which seemed to hurt them. Soon, two hostile boats where burning and one was floating empty.

The goblins reached the orc town on the other side of the lake, with only two boats following them in a safe distance. The other three did not follow them, but stay at the warcamp. Maybe to controllall the undead? The chief led the clan into the orc stronghold and ordered them to throw wood around the walls, so they could set the undead on fire if they would attack again.
When they counted who was missing or, the number was twelve.
One recruit, an archer, three hunters, Human, Arrow, Friendly, Force, Tumbler, Wet and Strange. Also none of the spiders was with them, only the wolf and the mule.

Far West, the hunters led the survivors through the forest. Two of the three spiders where with them, but they were only seven.

Back in the warcamp, Strange was fighting undead with the mace of the priest, while an archer was trapped on a platform above and out of arrows. The undead did bite and scratch and stab Strange over and over, but while it hurt every time, he did not die. Then, after a while, they did loose interest in him and walked towards and into the lake. He could hit them without them defending themselves until there were all gone. The archer followed him and they walked to the jetty. They could see five boats in the middle of the lake, and an island of undead beside them. What where those undead doing? While some where in the water, others seemed to walk over them. That way the moved to the other side much quicker as they would if they were swimming.
ÔÇ£What the hell?ÔÇØ the archer said.
ÔÇ£I hope the others are behind the strong walls. What now?ÔÇØ

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Can you please move this to the complete section of the games forum?

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

Post by Nerre » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:56 pm

push