Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

For all games that are now over.
Post Reply
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:00 am

Curse of the Gold
===============


Prologue
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

At the hometown of a goblin clan, the big chieftain "Say that again" stands in front of a kneeing bunch of young goblins.
"Goblins, arise!" he bellows. "You have just achieved adulthood and are now proud members of the Clan of the golden curse (huul'daac shogaan)! For this reason, you will be send to one of our warcamp, to prove your worth. Now march, warriors of the clan, and get on your way to make Maglubiyet proud we are one of his chosen races! Begone!"
They bow, and after they have been dismissed, the gather their few belongings and march towards the river, were a long boats is waiting for them. After a trip on the river, lasting three days, the forrest thins out and the river current takes them into a lake. The boats start rowing towards the western bank, where a little wooden jetty has been build into the lake. They can see some huts and sheds behind it. Two boats are out on the lake, fishing. As they see the long boat, the stop and start to row towards the jetty, too. More goblins start to gather at the bank and are looking for the newcomers.

When they finally moor their boat and get of, two goblins step forward from the crowd. One is a very small but experienced looking goblin warrior, followed by a female goblin, clothed like a teller but appears too young to be one. "I am, chief "Appears to be weak", this is "Dies of old age", our teller. We welcome you to our lousy warcamp. Um, i ment great. Whatever. I think you shure are tired from the long trip. Grab a free hut and settle in, then come to the fire so we can become acquainted with each other. We will talk about your duties and task tomorrow, it has been a hard week for us all." He for a blink he looks very sad, then it is gone. He looks at the teller, as if he is expecting her to say something too. "Welcome." is all she sais.

As the newcomers go to the huts, they see many fresh graves on a small hill close to the lake. Knowing that they are replacing those unfortunates is burdensome and makes the sensitive ones shiver, as they enter their huts, knowing it belong to somebody else just a week ago. After they have dropped their bundles in their huts, they join the clan on the fire.


The Warcamp
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The warcamp consists of several buildings/constructions. The amount of those objects can vary if objects are added or demolished.

There are two kinds of objects, "passive" and "active". Both kinds can grant bonuses or have a function, some are only decorativ or narrative. The passive ones will not need any manpower operating them to work, the active ones will. An active object with insufficiant manpower won't work to its full potential, or not work at all at if nobody is operating it.

There are NPC and PC goblins living in the warcamp, both can work in/on an objects to supply it with manpower. There is a given amount of manpower requiered to run each object. In the beginning this sum will be covered with NPCs, but as you will add objects, the amount can rise or ease. New goblins will show up at the warcamp sometimes, send from your hometown, depending on how good you run the camp or how many adventurers you fend off. The warcamp can send items they don't need to the clans hometown, maybe they will send more goblins or even some items to help you next time.

You can alter an object, making it more efficient, so it may produce faster, more or will requiere less manpower.
Sometimes faster or larger productions comes at the cost of manpower. I won't create fix rules for this, but decide it fair and just as necessity arises. I want to stay flexible so i can react and adapt it to our actions and ideas. You can also demolish an object or parts of it if you don't need it anymore or if it is to large. (Since larger warcamps are faster to find and may attract more adventurers!)

Some objects may be buildings, other installations such as traps, other only may be a job description or a set of tools.

At the moment the warcamp got only a few objects. You can find a list of all objects in section "warcamp information".


The Treasure chest
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Most important for the warcamp is the poorly locked treasure chest, which attracts adventurers so they don't raid your hometown. It is standing on a stone pedestal in the middle of the warcamp, and you have to fill it with items and gold coins worth 500 so it starts to attract them. Somehow those filthy adventurers always know were the gold is, like it has a mind of its own, luring them towards itself.

You can find a list of all objects in the chest in section "warcamp information".


Goblins
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The rules are close to the most other games.

Please try to be creative when you create the character and decribe him/her. I don't just want a group full of "Kills everything by oneself" or people who just want to destroy everything. There are often other ways. Please also try to find a name fitting to the goblin style kind of naming and stick with english names. You can use a goblin language translator/generator and write this name into the character description, but please use the english name since it's easier to remember. Those generated character names sound all the same, i don't want to mix you up. :D

All goblins start with 5 healthpoints (hp), 1 attack (atk) 1 defense (def). The chief gets another +1 on each value.

Furthermore the players can choose one trait to start with:
- healthy ( +1 hp )
- tough ( +1 def, focus on armor and blocking)
- agile ( +1 def, focus on evasion and parry)
- goblin markings ( +1 atk )
- rage ( if hp goes to 40% or below, you gain +2 atk but lose 1 def )
- encouraging aura ( +1 atk for the group, but costs you your major action )
- scout ( basic scout skills like tracking or to run faster)
- sneaky ( basic thief skills locking, sneaking)

What you can do each round is really simple: You can choose two actions, of which one has to be movement (which is not obligatory, which means, you can drop this action if you want to stay). Outside of a battle you can do a few actions if they are short or only one if it is a long one (like building or learning something), and the movement can be 1 square on the map. During a battle one action is basically one attack, a movement one room or only a few meters. If you choose two movement actions, be aware that an obstacle after the first stops you from doing the second. In that case i may grant you a short action i think would fit in.
I don't want to make a large ruleset, so just write what you want to do according to the short ruleset above. If it is to much, i will shorten it. You can also condition things (if..then..else), but don't overdo it, please.

The possibilities in short:
- move, move
- action, move
- move, action
- action
- move
- nothing

You have ESP with all PC goblins and on rare occasions even with NPCs. This means you know roughly where they are. You will also feel very basic emotions, an increased stress level if the have problems or their calmness if everything is fine. If you want to talk to someone, you have to meet, even if the person may feel you want to talk, if it is really important. If they are fighting, you will know it through their emotions, but not whom or how many they will fight.
It won't be as specific as "hey, please come to E5 and bring 20m of rope and a new sword, i lost mine when we were fighting 4 undead, and also tell the chief that we found out the are planing to blablabla". It's no email and you don't have cellphones. Its just a weak telepathic bond. Please stick to this.

In the beginning there are 21 goblins in the warcamp not including the PC goblins, the teller, the chief and his 2 guards.
20 have task they attend to. 1 is the chief, 1 is the teller, 2 are chief guards and 1 is idle. This doesn't mean he won't search himself some work if there is none, but you may interest him in your projects. You can always check the number of all and the idle goblins in section "warcamp information". (21/20 shows that there is 1 idle goblin. (19/20) would show that you lack one goblin to run all buildings fully effient.

One last word. I am from Germany, so please tell me if i use a wrong or stupid word for something, there are often many synonyms which mean the same in one language, bot not the same in another. But please do this by PM.

Factions
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The warcamp knows that there are a few living around, but has not had direct contact yet.

Warcamp information
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Here i put together the information which is most likely to change, so you don't have to scroll all the time.

The building list (26/18 manpower, counting all NPCs and no PCs):
- poorly locked treasure chest
- Chiefs hut (private building of chief "Appears")
- Tellers tent (private building of teller "Age")
- Fireplace (Here the clan sits, eats and talks in the evenings. At least those who are not on guard duty or missions)
- 15 Wooden huts (private buildings, here you can sleep and rest. It's always two in one hut, except for the chief and teller)
- Storage shed (here the clan stores all items which don't belong to somebody)
- Jetty (boats can land here and you can enter and leave them without getting wet feet)
- 4 archer plattforms (each one large enough for two archers)
- herbal bed (+5% on the small garden, provides some medicinal herbs)
- stable in the orc boathouse (Contains a small stable for up to 4 creatures the size of a horse. Each animal requieres 1/2 hay bale per day or enough grass.)
Mule in
- orc boathouse (+5% on fishing. Can contain up to 6 boats and contains all fishing equipment.)
boat in
boat in
boat in
boat in
- Fishing equipment (provides 30% of food - 5/10 manpower 2/2 raft 1/1 boat)
Thumbs (All thumbs) in
Plays (Plays it by ear) in
Wet (Wet feet) in
new recruit (female) in
new recruit (female) in
- Small garden (provides 18/30% of food - 5/5 manpower)
Age (Dies of old age) in
Bones (Buckled bones) in
Cloud (Plunges in clouds) in
gardener goblin in
gardener goblin in
- Hunting camp (provides the remaining 27/40% of food - 8/8 manpower)
Appears (Appears to be weak) in
Arrow (Arrowhead) in
Friendly (Friendly fire) in
Stabs (Stabs boars) in
Tumbler (Tumbler Decoy) in
hunter goblin in
hunter goblin in
hunter goblin in
hunter goblin in
- Supernumerous manpower:
Poor (Poor little guy) in
Bear (Beats a bear) out, down below cliff
One (One of two) in
hunter goblin in
new recruit (female) in
new recruit (male) in
new recruit (male veteran) in
- Dead
new recruit (male) DEAD
Rod (fishing rod) DEAD

The poorly locked treasure chest contains at the moment (1050/2000):
- 750 gold coins
- 1 crate of leather clothes (15 x orc adult) (75 g)
- 1 ancient orcish rune long sword (to large for a goblin, or +3 two handed for Coats atm) (50+? g)
- 1 ancient orcish rune helmet (to large for a goblin) (50+? g)
- 1 ancient orcish rune tower shield (to large for a goblin) (50+? g)
- 4 knives (+1 ATK) (40g)
- 3 set of human clothes (15 g)
- 1 short sword (+2 ATK) (10 g)
- 15 arrows (7 gold)
- 2 sets of wooden dishes (2 gold)
- 10 apples (1 gold)
- an old adventurer sock inhabited by clothes moths (0 gold)
- a nugget of scoria (0 gold)


"The inital items in there looked like some stuff taken from some paltry adventurers ages ago, except for the apples. It was about time we filled it up with something more valuable!"


The storage contains at the moment:
- enough food for the day, but too perishable to take on the road
- 4 ration - dried fish (1 week road rations) (4 g)
- 10 ration - smoked meat (1 week road rations) (10 g)
- 3 ration - vegetables (1 week road rations) (12 g)
- 5 ration - boilt down fruits (1 week road rations) (20 g)
- 11 bunch of medicinal herbs (? g)
- 1 medium healing potion (20 hp) (80 g)
- 5 small healing potions (6 hp) (120 g)
- 4 bandages (? g)
- 1 bonesaw (? g)
- 1 mirror oil lamp (? g)
- 1 oil lamp (? g)
- 1/4 waxed tents, large enough for two medium sized beings (? g)
- 2 backpack
- 7 bedrolls (? g)
- 6 empty backpacks (? g)
- 2 large water bags (think of it as a large goblin bucket, not a small waterskin) (? g)
- 90 m rope (? g)
- 50 m rope (? g)
- 10 m rope (? g)
- 2 set of scale armor (medium, +4 DEF) (? g)
- 11 set of leather armor (medium, +2 DEF) (110 g)
- 10 set of leather clothes (medium, +1 DEF) (50 g)
- 1 set of leather clothes (small, +1 DEF) (5 g)
- 1 robe (medium) (? g)
- 3 set of human clothes (medium) (? g)
- 1 long capes (medium) (? g)
- 1 pair of spare socks (small and medium) (? g)
- 1 rags of an orcish leather armor (to large for a goblin) (0 g)
- 1 rags of a backpack (0 g)
- 1 leather rag (0 g)
- 3 medium iron shied (small, +3 DEF) (780 g)
- 1 small iron shield (small, +2 DEF) (80g)
- 1 small wooden shield (+2 DEF)
- 1 long sword +1 (small, +3 ATK, +1 DAM) (80 g)
- 3 short sword +1 (small, +3 ATK, +1 DAM) (40 g)
- 1 knife (+1 ATK) (10 g)
- 5 long sword (small, +2 ATK) (100 g)
- 1 short sword (small, +2 ATK) (10 g)
- 1 wand (? g)
- 3 long bow (medium, +2 RATK 75% to miss without markman skill) (45 g)
- 2 long bow (small, +2 RATK 75% to miss without markman skill) (30 g)
- 1 light crossbow (small) (15 g)
- 33 arrow (17 g)
- 5 crossbow quarrel (5 g)
- 1 makeshift quarrels (-1 ATK on heavy crossbows, -1 on light crossbows used to fire it) (? g)
- 5 makeshift quarrels (-3 ATK on heavy crossbows, -2 on light crossbows used to fire it) (? g)
- 1 javelins (throwable, +1 RATK, 1 Damage always pierces the armor if you score a hit, 25% miss)
- 1 some needles (? g)
- 1 herb index
- 1 trommel basket
- 1 flute
- 1 handheld grindstone (? g)
- 2 set of stonemason tools (? g)
- 2 carpenter hammer (40 g)
- 2 carpenter axe (40 g)
- 2 pliers (60 g)
- 2 two man saws (100 g)
- 1 one man saw (40 g)
- 1 dustpan (? g)
- 2 handheld grindstone (? g)
- 1 stone mortar and pesle (? g)
- 1 wooden toolbox (orc size) (5 g)
- 1 many empty bowls and baskets (? g)
- 1 ladder (? g)
- 1 wooden cart with metal parts (? g)
- 1 empty barrel (? g)
- 3 metal bucket (? g)
- 1 large statue stone (? g)
- 80 m┬│ wooden planks and beams (? g)
- 1 stack of sturdy and straight sticks (? g)
- 1 crate of chain mail rings, enough for about 5 armors (? g)
- 1 box of arrowheads (? g)
- 1 lousy sword (? g)
- 3 handfull of nails (8 g)
- 5 kg empty vials, bottles and flasks (? g)
- 2 sets of flint to start a fire (? g)
- 1 oil lamp
- 1 barrel of lamp oil (? g)
- 1 bottle of oil (? g)
- 9 units firewood (one per day) (14 g)
- 18 units charcoal (one per day) (1 bucket = 4, 1 wheelcart = 4 bucket) (36 g)
- 2 hay bale
- 1 small golden statue (100 g)
- 1 tin of beard care product (? g)
- 2 phials of liquid darkness (? g)
- 1 mage book which was wet once (? g)
- 1 paladin book with golden ornament (? g)
- 1 cut gem from Snaps (? g)
- 1 red axe ring (???)





Items which have been moved to the teller hut:
- some books (orc village) (? g)
- 1 vial of old potion of gigantism (? g)
- 1 map(? g)
- 2 contracts about Rick and Hayan being employed in the army the order of revenants send.

Tasks/Quests
- fill the chest (1050/2000) (partially done)
- check the abandoned orc village (K6) (partially done)
- check the old cave (F4) (partially done)
x fill the chest (1000/1000) (done)
x defend the warcamp against the oncoming attack from the humans from the orc town(open)
x fill the chest (500/500) (partially done)
x find someone who can read the "Masons letter" (done)
x find something to heal Poor little guy (done)


Chars/Players (X=gone/D=dormant/N=NPC)
- Coats (Jacon)
- Cowers (Nioca)
- Flies (Ziprath)
X Grace (SlamsWithSticks)
- Tinkers (Quarg, formerly jrlans)
- Walks (Donnigan)
- Wants (askstoomuch)
- Punches (Dusk9)
X Snaps (GathersIngredients)
- Strange (Burns)
- Sussura (Nikohl)
D Human (LooksAtYouFunny)
D Axes (Ratha)
N Cradle (BeanDip)

Map:
<click here>
I will update this with every post, and it's also in my signature!
Last edited by Nerre on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 98 times in total.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Character Overview

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:00 am

Cast of characters:

NAME: Coats (Wears a coat)
GENDER: male
COLOR: #400000
HP: 11
DEF: 13
ATK: 6
RATK: 3
MATK: 0
TRAITS:
tough (+1 DEF)
tall 2 (can only wear dwarf-sized armor now, +1 HP, +1 DEF)
pain resistance (+1 hp)
veteran (+1 ATK, +1 DEF, +1 HP)
Fighter level 1 (choose your focus from below, I will already assign the 2 HP)
- figther 1 (def) +2 HP, +2 DEF, alertness
- figther 1 (mix) +2 HP, +1 ATK, +1 DEF, adaptive style
- figther 1 (off) +2 HP, +2 ATK, agressive
counterattack (you can spend 1 DEF to raise your ATK by 1)
SKILLS:
basic carpenter training 1
ITEMS:
1 ancient orcish rune knife (+3 ATK short sword for a goblin) (30+? g)
1 short bow (+1 ATK 75% to miss without markman skill)
5 arrow
1 leather coat (???)
1 medium iron shield (+3 DEF)
1 set of scail mail armor (medium, +4 DEF)
1 ring of +1 HP (? g)
1 ring of +1 ATK (? g)
1 strange glowing thing


NAME: Damns (Damns us all)
GENDER: male
COLOR: #FF8000
HP: 7
DEF: 3(2)
ATK: 5(7)
RATK: 1
MATK: 0
Powerlevel: 0
TRAITS:
scarred (+1 DEF)
rage (when on 3 hp or below: +2 ATK, -1 DEF, depending on hit points)
Ranger to be (you can get ranger levels now. Choose 1st favored enemy)
favoured enemy <not chosen yet> (+1 DAM and +1 on all bluff, spot, listen, sense motive and survival checks on that kind of enemy)
SKILLS:
basic herbalism training (ability to distinguish some herbs from other plants. Basic "when should i collect what" knowledge)
basic trapper (basic knowledge and skills about trapping and skinning)
ITEMS:
1 set of leather hide clothes (+1 DEF) (5 g)
1 medium rusty bronze longsword (+2 DEF) (20 g)
1 skinning knife (+0 ATK) (10 g)
1 shard of his fathers blade (+1 hp every 2 turns) (? g)
1 backpack


NAME: Strange (Strange)
GENDER: male
COLOR: #BFBFFF
HP: 6
DEF: 3(4)
ATK: 4(5)
RATK: 5
MATK: 0
TRAITS:
generally underestimated (When fighting sb who not already knows you, you get +1 ATK when attacking or + 1 DEF when defending yourself. Works only for one battle and only for the first two (for humanoids and similar) or three (for animals and similar) turns per weapon. When you use another weapon, you gets two more turns during the same battle up to two times.)
animal companion (duck)
evasion 1 (higher chance to evade attacks. Depending on speed, flexibility and attention paid on the attack)
natural climber (+10 on climb checks)
bard to be (you can get bard levels now. 1st instrument, Inspiring song (+1 ATK), Charm)
Charm (gives you a bonus on diplomatic interaction with intelligent beings that can understand your words or body language, passive)
veteran (+1 ATK, +1 DEF, +1 HP)
polyglot (you can understand all languages, but only speak those which can be vocalized with your vocal cords)
basic nanite healing (+2 hp every turn, even from -10)
SKILLS:
basic herbalism training
ITEMS:
1 bucket-backpack
1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
1 set of halfling clothes (small) (? g)
1 mage hat (? g)
1 stick (+1 ATK, blunt weapon)
1 stone like dwarven bread (throwable, +2 RATK, 1 Damage always pierces the armor if you score a hit, 25% miss)


NAME: Sussura
GENDER: female
COLOR: #FF8000
HP: 5
DEF: 6
ATK: 2
RATK: 0
MATK: 6(7)
Powerlevel: 0
TRAITS:
natural magic bond (+2 MATK)
natural jumper (+10 on checks)
hiding 4 (+4 on hiding checks)
sorcerer level (+4 MATK, +2 HP. 4 level 0 / 3 level 1 spells known. Does not need a spell book.)
immunity to undead plague (You cannot be infected anymore)
frost affinity (+1 MATK on frost spells)
analytic mind (get minor hints or details that were missed for riddles)
SPELLS:
Level 0 (no cooldown)
Ray of frost +1 (1d3+1 frost damage)
Static charge (ray deals 1d3 electric damage)
-not chosen yet-
-not chosen yet-
-not chosen yet-
Level 1 (1 turn cooldown)
-not chosen yet-
-not chosen yet-
-not chosen yet-
SKILLS:
ITEMS:
1 set of fey leather armor (tiny, +2 DEF +1 MATK)
2 sword (+1 ATK, tiny. Knife for larger beings)


NAME: Wants (Wants to be safe)
GENDER: male
COLOR: #008000
HP: 10
DEF: 16(19)
ATK: 9(6)
RATK: 0
MATK: 2
TRAITS:
tough (+1 DEF)
blind-fight (melee attacks on you don't get a bonus if you cannot see the attacker. Does not work on ranged attacks or against blink spell attacks.)
def stance (give up the ability to give up 3 attack to gain 3 DEF. Still can parry or react on attacks. Scales with DEF value, one third of it.)
deathguard (-2 DEF, +3 HP, +3 ATK, +2MATK, alertness)
pain resistance (+1 HP)
veteran (+1 ATK, +1 DEF, +1 HP)
alertness (slightly better initiative and parry against attacks if your weapon is ready and if you can see them coming)
immunity to undead plague (You cannot be infected anymore)
SPELLS:
Level 0 (no cooldown)
command undead (command undead up to your hp+50%. If they are mindless and not animated by you, you have to think for them, not allowing you to do more complex actions while commanding them. None mindless undead obey and act according to your intentions)
cleanse soul (rips the tainted soul of of an undead with your hp, cleaning it, and freeing it. Mindless undead turn into corpses, thinking turn into mindless, which weakens them)
ITEMS:
1 backpack
1 long sword (small, +2 ATK) (40 g)
1 medium steel tower shied (small, +4 DEF) (120g)
1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
1 black cloak (large, medium and small) (??? g)
1 chain mail armor (medium, +5 DEF)
1 winged steel helmet (medium and small, +3 DEF) (??? g)
1 steel gloves (medium and small, +1.5 DEF) (??? g)
1 steel boots (medium and small, +2.5 DEF) (??? g)
1 purse with 200 gold
1 gold chain (20 g)
1 Sepsisbringer (two handeder, small, +4 ATK) (??? g)
1 knife (small, +1 ATK) (20 g)
1 Want's finger bones


============================================================================================
NPC characters:

NAME: Norma
GENDER: female
RACE: human
IME-COLOR: ???
HP: 6
DEF: 4
ATK: -1
RATK: 3
MATK: 0
TRAITS:
untrained melee (-2 ATK)
first aid 3 (stop bleeding when binding somebody on first try, bandages now tick for +1 every turn even without healing salve. Treated patients can move even on 0 hp or below.)
strong (strong, more stableness, more powerful strikes, higher benefit from shields.)
marksman 1 (+2 ATK with ranged projectile weapons per level)
ITEMS:
1 set of human clothes
1 medium iron shield (+3 DEF)
1 knife (+1 ATK)
1 short sword (small, +2 ATK) => 1 knife (medium, +1 ATK)
1 short bow (+1 ATK 75% to miss without markman skill)
11 arrows
1 arrow without a tip
1 bandage
2 used bandages


============================================================================================
============================================================================================
Inactive or gone characters:

NAME: Tinkers (Tinkers too much) => NPC
GENDER: male
COLOR: #808080
HP: 7
DEF: 6
ATK: 7?+3
RATK: 0
MATK: 0
TRAITS:
sneaky 2 (stealth, trap disarm, lockpicking)
concealable weapons mastery 2 (+2 ATK with small concealable weapons)
swiftness (better initiative and slightly increased attack speed)
veteran (+1 ATK, +1 DEF, +1 HP)
rouge level 1 (+1ATK, +1 DAM with rouge weapons, Sneak attack, improved stealth)
favoured enemy minor undead (+1 DAM and +1 on all bluff, spot, listen, sense motive and survival checks on that kind of enemy)
silent moves 2 (-20 on listen checks for others)
immunity to undead plague (You cannot be infected anymore)
bluffing (increased chance to convince somebody of something. Chances increase if person is neutral or even friendly)
SKILLS:
basic sewing training 2
ITEMS:
1 backpack
1 amulet (+1 DEF)
1 ring +1 Speed
1 mysterious black dagger +2+? ATK (10 + ? g)
1 Grace's knife (+1 ATK)
1 black leather clothes (small, +1 DEF) (10 g)
1 set of leather armor, ink stained and soaked in potions (small, +2 DEF)
1 dark leather cap (small and medium, +0.5 DEF)
1 dark leather gloves (small and medium, +0.5 DEF)
1 set of stealthy clothes (goblin size) (provides a sneaking and hiding bonus)
1 dark green cape
2 bandages with healing salve
1 sets of flint to start a fire (? g)
1 set of camouflage face paint
1 purse
12 gold
1 potion of cure poison 5/5(? g)


NAME: Walks (Walks briskly) => NPC
GENDER: male
COLOR: #40BF00
HP: 7
DEF: 8
ATK: 6+6
RATK: 5+5
MATK: 1
Powerlevel: 0
TRAITS:
scout (faster, tracking)
animal friendship 2
spear mastery 1 (+1 ATK with spearlike weapons)
veteran (+1 ATK, +1 DEF, +1 HP)
druid level 1 (+1 MATK, +1 HP, +1 DEF, Nature Sense, Wild Empathy, Animal companion)
Nature Sense (+2 on knowledge (nature) and survival checks)
axe weapon mastery 1 (+1 ATK with axes, hatchets, battleaxe and other axelike weapons)
favoured enemy minor undead (+1 DAM and +1 on all bluff, spot, listen, sense motive and survival checks on that kind of enemy)
evasion 1 (higher chance to evade attacks. Depending on speed, flexibility and attention paid on the attack)
immunity to undead plague (You cannot be infected anymore)
SPELLS:
Level 0 (no cooldown)
Create Water (Create a few liters of pure water)
Regrowth (Cures 1 point of damage for each class level. You need plants or animals around to drain live energy from)
Level 1 (1 turn cooldown)
Entangle (command vines and tendrils to entangle enemies at a specific spot. Living plants have to be around)
SKILLS:
basic carpenter training 1
Wild empathy (Change attitude of animal, works like CHA-based diplomacy check on persons)
ITEMS:
1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
1 set of studded leather armor (medium, +3 DEF)
1 leather boots (medium and small, +0.5 DEF) (10 g)
1 leather gloves (medium and small, +0.5 DEF) (10 g)
2 battle hatchet (small, +3 ATK, +2 RATK throwable, 1 Damage always pierces the armor if you score a hit, 25% miss if thrown)
1 small carpenter hatchet (+1 ATK)
1 set of flint to start a fire


NAME: Flies (Flies with hawks) => NPC
GENDER: female
COLOR: #FF8000
HP: 7
DEF: 3(4)
ATK: 6(7)
RATK: 6
MATK: 4(3)
Powerlevel: 0
TRAITS:
goblin markings (+1 ATK)
piercing attack 1 (ignores 1 DEF when using spearlike melee weapons, which she does)
spear mastery 1 (+1 ATK with spearlike weapons)
underdog bonus (+1 ATK when fighting more than one enemies in melee)
veteran (+1 ATK, +1 DEF, +1 HP)
mage level 1(+2 MATK, +1 HP. 7 level 0 spells known. 1 magic familiar.)
magic familiar (One magical familiar is bound to you. You cannot chose it, it chooses you. Abilities depend on its race. You have been chosen by Nairah)
smart (+1 MATK and you don't need a spellbook for spells up to you powerlevel)
SPELLS:
Level 0 (no cooldown)
Detect Magic (lets you find magic in a range of up to 20 meters)
Light (an object shines like a torch for caster level x 2 turns)
Ray of frost (ray deals 1d3 cold damage)
Turn undead (deals 1 point of damage to undead creatures. increased by MATK)
Mending (Smaller repairs on items)
Identify (chance to identify magic items. 50%, +-5% per level difference)
mana shield (trade 1 MATK for 1 DEF per level of mana shield. Can redecide each turn, passive)
SKILLS:
basic lumberjack 1
ITEMS:
1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
1 medium iron shield (+3 DEF)
1 amulet of spellstrength +1 MATK (? g)
1 ring +1 ATK (? g)
1 bracelet saying "Arnlirr" (? g)
1 bracelet saying "Nairah" (? g)
1 short spear (goblin size, +1 ATK)
3 javelin (throwable, +1 ATK, 1 Damage always pierces the armor if you score a hit, 25% miss)
1 small carpenter hatchet
120 gold
1 potion of underwater breathing (1 hour)
1 bedroll
1 oil lamp
2 knives
1 belt with a few pouches attached to it.
1 scroll of enhanced nature control (? g)
1 pair of antlers


NAME: Punches (Punches Faces) => NPC
GENDER: male
COLOR: #808040
HP: 7
DEF: 6(5)
ATK: 8(10)
RATK: 0
MATK: 0
TRAITS:
rage (when on 3 hp or below: +2 ATK, -1 DEF, depending on hit points)
healthy (+1hp)
strong 2 (strong, more stableness, more powerful strikes, higher benefit from shields. +1 ATK)
veteran (+1 ATK, +1 DEF, +1 HP)
Barbarian to be (you can get barbarian levels now. (+1 ATK), two-handed-mastery)
two-handed mastery 1 (+1 ATK with two-handed swords, battleaxes, hammers, clubs and similar weapons)
SKILLS:
first aid 1
basic carpenter training 2
ITEMS:
1 set of leather armor (small, +2 DEF)
1 leather cap (small and medium, +1 DEF)
1 pair of leather boots with metal soles (+1 DEF)
1 greataxe (small, twohanded, +2 ATK)
1 knife (+1 ATK)
1 ring of regeneration (+1 hp every 2 turns)
1 can of leather grease
1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
7 kg rusted iron tools (? g) (from Strange)
1 oil lamp (? g)


NAME: Simon (Simon Starfall) => NPC
GENDER: male
COLOR: #00FF00
HP: 4
DEF: 2
ATK: 1
RATK: 1
MATK: 1
TRAITS:
hiding 4 (+4 on hiding checks)
nature bonds (+6 on knowledge (nature) and survival checks. MATK +1 for nature spells)
natural environment: swamp, forest (you can move at normal speed in those terrains)
natural jumper (+10 on jump checks)
toxic skin (1/day produce a poison that lasts 1 hour. Appliable on skin or weapons)
wild empathy (change attitude of animal, works like CHA-based diplomacy check on persons)
SKILLS:
basic herbalism training
ITEMS:
1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)


NAME: Cowers (Cowers in shadows) => NPC
GENDER: female
COLOR: #000040
HP: 7
DEF: 4 (5 vs magic)
ATK: 4
RATK: 10
MATK: 0
TRAITS:
ranger 1 (+1 HP, +1 ATK. 1st favored enemy, tracking, wild empathy)
agile ( +1 DEF, evasion & parry focus)
wary mind (-1 ATK melee, +1 ATK ranged. Little bonus in taking cover and hiding)
acute sense - eyes (improved sensory perception)
marksman 1 (+2 ATK with ranged projectile weapons per level)
favoured enemy human 2 (+1 DAM and +1 on all bluff, spot, listen, sense motive and survival checks on that kind of enemy)
veteran (+1 ATK, +1 DEF, +1 HP)
evasion 1 (higher chance to evade attacks. Depending on speed, flexibility and attention paid on the attack)
magical device operation (+10 on magical device operation checks.)
SKILLS:
ammunition crafting 1 (Ability to craft basic ammunition like arrows, quarrels and slingshot stones with poor quality (-1 ATK))
tracking 1 (Increases your chance to spot and follow tracks greatly)
wild empathy 1 (Change attitude of animal, works like CHA-based diplomacy check on persons)
ITEMS:
1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
1 long cape (medium)
1 dark grey beret
1 amulet of shielding (+1 DEF against magic) (? g)
1 ration - vegetables (1 week road rations)
3 bandages
1 Cowers' long bow (small, +3 RATK 25% to miss)
10 arrows
1 long sword (small, +2 ATK)
1 sets of flint to start a fire
1 leather belt (pouches and scabbards can be attached to it)
2 belt pouches (small containers)
200 gold
1 slightly blue metal dagger (???)
1 dark green falcon ring (???)


NAME: Axes (Loses All The Axes) => NPC
GENDER: male
COLOR: #FF00FF
HP: 5
DEF: 5
ATK: 4
RATK: 0
MATK: 0
TRAITS:
agile (+1 DEF, evasion & parry focus)
axe weapon mastery 1 (+1 ATK with axes, hatchets, battleaxe and other axelike weapons)
ITEMS:
1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
1 small iron shield (small, +2 DEF) (80g)
1 long sword +1 (small, +3 ATK, +1 DAM) (80 g)


NAME: Cradle (Dies In The Cradle) => NPC
GENDER: female
COLOR: #BF0080
HP: 6
DEF: 8
ATK: 4
RATK: 0
MATK: 0
TRAITS:
tall 1 (can only wear dwarf-sized armor now, +1 HP)
strong 1 (strong, more stableness, more powerful strikes, higher benefit from shields.)
ITEMS:
1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
1 scale armour (+4 DEF)
1 long leather coat (+1 DEF, stacks with armor)
1 leather hat
1 small iron shied (medium, +2 DEF) (80g)
1 short sword +1 (small, +3 ATK, +1 DAM) (40 g)
1 knife (+1 ATK)


NAME: Human (Will be named by a human) => NPC
GENDER: male
► Show Spoiler


NAME: Grace (Grace of Maglubiyet) => ascended
GENDER: female
► Show Spoiler


NAME: Snaps (Snaps at Ankles) => forest
GENDER: female
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Nerre on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 39 times in total.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Prologue

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:01 am

Prologue
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

At the hometown of a goblin clan, the big chieftain "Say that again" stands in front of a kneeing bunch of young goblins.
"Goblins, arise!" he bellows. "You have just achieved adulthood and are now proud members of the Clan of the golden curse (huul'daac shogaan)! For this reason, you will be send to one of our warcamps, to prove your worth. Now march, warriors of the clan, and get on your way to make Maglubiyet proud we are one of his chosen races! Be gone!"
They bow, and after they have been dismissed, the gather their few belongings and march towards the river, were two long boats are waiting for them. After a trip on the river, lasting three days, the forest thins out and the river current takes them into a lake. The boats start rowing towards the western bank, where a little wooden jetty has been build into the lake. They can see some huts and sheds behind it. Two boats are out on the lake, fishing. As they see the long boat, the stop and start to row towards the jetty, too. More goblins start to gather at the bank and are looking for the newcomers.

When they finally moor their boat and get of, two goblins step forward from the crowd. One is a very small but experienced looking goblin warrior, followed by a female goblin, clothed like a teller but appears too young to be one. "I am, chief "Appears to be weak", this is "Dies of old age", our teller. We welcome you to our lousy warcamp. Um, i ment great. Whatever. I think you shure are tired from the long trip. Grab a free bed and settle in, then come to the fire so we can become acquainted with each other. We will talk about your duties and task tomorrow, it has been a hard week for us all." He for a blink he looks very sad, then it is gone. He looks at the teller, as if he is expecting her to say something too. "Welcome." is all she sais.

As the newcomers go to the huts, they see many fresh graves on a small hill close to the lake. Knowing that they are replacing those unfortunates is burdensome and makes the sensitive ones shiver, as they enter their huts, knowing it belong to somebody else just a week ago. After they have dropped their bundles in their huts, they join the clan on the fire.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 0

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:01 am

Turn 0
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
It seems there are not as much free huts as the newcomers expected at first, since two huts are burnt down. Walks is fast on his feet, so he discovers a hut completely empty and close to the center (since he is looking for a hut which would be as safe as possible). Walks follows him, taking the second bed. Flies manages to get an empty hut, too. Cowers slips in and joines her. Coats just takes the first empty bed he finds. To his surprise the second one is occupied by a young goblin, which seems to be hurt and doesnÔÇÖt look well. He is unconscious and wrapped in a lot of bandages. On the first glance it looks like he is bleeding trough the bandages, but then Coats notices that the goblin has a blood red skin. He feels his hate on adventurers rise. Tinkers searches for a while. He finds a hut in which somebody seems to live right in the center of the camp, close to the poorly locked treasure chest. That is as safe as it can be. He takes the other half and notices nobody is in there at the moment.
Grace who didnÔÇÖt hurry to find a free bed ends up finding only one spare bed, which is in the hut of the teller to her surprise. She is uncertain if she may use it, but since there is no other bed left, she at least drops her bundle into the hut before she joins the others on the campfire.

There they are welcomed and asked many questions about the hometown. Also they are told many stories about the warcamp, like about the devastating attack last week, while Appears led a group on a mission. The attackers were a group of lousy adventurers, except for one elven archer, who really was powerful, like if he was levels ahead of his group. The goblins could take out the fighters, the healer and the mage (who only scored two hits on the burnt down huts) pretty fast, but the archer always disappeared and then showed on another position. Most of his shots killed instantly, like when he hit the tellers apprentice (which was even younger than herself) straight in her throat while she tried to drag away an injured goblin. The most goblins fled into the forrest. The elf then took what he wanted out of the poorly locked treasure chest and looted his dead comrades. When he left the camp he discovered Dies of old age hiding in the bushes and shot at her three times, but he didnÔÇÖt hit her at all. He noticed that he was out of arrows, shrugged his shoulders, laughed and just left, singing a cheerful elven hiking song.

Grace even feels more uncertain if she may take the bed, but when the fire is burned down and the clan goes to sleep, she is shooed into the hut by Dies of old age. ÔÇ£Never call me Dies, my name is Age!ÔÇØ is all she sais, then she turnes around and pulls her blanket over her head.

Wants notices an old goblin is sleeping in the other bed now, who doesnÔÇÖt look very healthy. Sometimes he coughes in his sleep, but not enough to wake himself.

The next morning Chief Appears tells them about their tasks. He explains to them that their task would be to refill the poorly locked treasure cheast and to repair the damage the adventurers had done, like build up the two burnt down huts. Until Poor little guy recovers, there will not be any spare manpower to do this things except for the newcomers. Maybe they can find some healing potions to cure him.

The chief tells them about two places where they could start. One is an old cave in the northwest (F5), the other one is the abandoned orc village on the other side of the lake (K6). Its up to them if they want to do it as one group or if they want to split up, but they should be carefull, since they are the last hope for this louse-um great- warcamp. He thinks the big chief will abandone the warcamp if they situation gets any worse.

Appears takes them to the storage and throws some weapons and armor on the ground. ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs not much, but itÔÇÖs all yours. Take what you want and throw the rest back into the storage. If you want to get to the orc village take the spare boat, it should carry you all.ÔÇØ He tells them. Then he leaves towards the forrest, accompanied by two other goblins. All three are carrying bows, seems they are go hunting.

The list of items is rather short:

1 backpack for each goblin
1 week ration of food and water for each goblin
1 pack of firewood
1 set of flint to start a fire
1 small carpenter hatchet (only to cut wood, not to fight)

Weapons:
3 knives (+1 ATK)
2 short spears (+2 ATK, goblin size)
2 short swords (+2 ATK)
11 javelins (throwable, +1 ATK, 1 Damage always pierces the armor if you score a hit)
2 short bows (+1 ATK 75% to miss without markman skill, will become better with skill)
20 arrows (chance to break)

Armor:
1 barrel lid with a leather strap (+1 DEF, lousy shield)
2 holey leather armors (+1 DEF)
2 bundles of human clothes (possible use as camouflage?)


5 bandages

You can try to use a bandage to any goblin down on 0 hp. If you succeed, he will stay on 0 HP, but will be able to move again and to defend himself. But he will be weak and unable to attack, until he is healed.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 1

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 am

Turn 1
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Well, isn't this a cheery place..." Walks says after Appears is gone.

ÔÇ£I'm not sure how good I'd be with a weapon. But I'll take these bandages. I know at least a little something about bandagingÔÇ£
They all choose their equipment, then they talk about what to do.

ÔÇ£Maybe the orc village could have good loot? Anyone want to head after them?ÔÇØ Coats says as he test swings his new sword.
Wants doesnÔÇÖt listen to him until he got his armor, which is why he repeats the question:
ÔÇ£Well what's the plan? I think we should check out that orc village.ÔÇØ
"I say we head for the orc encampment. We could also do some things here before we leave, like rebuild the huts. What do you guys say?" Walks suggests.
ÔÇ£Are we leaving the camp already?ÔÇØ Grace asks, seems she had something else in mind.
"Hmmm... I'd really like to repair the camp before adding anymore loot to the chest. We really can't spare to lose any goblins at the moment, and if any adventurers come I fear that we might. But at the same time, maybe we'll find something useful over there, and if they have a locked chest like us you'll need me ... alright, I'll go."
"The orc village is abandoned, right? There's no orcs there now?" Cowers asks hesitantly.
" Should be no one...Even if their are orcs aren't a bad sort. Still bring your steel and be ready. Many a goblin has died from lowering his guard..." Coats calms and warns her.
ÔÇ£Don't worry, we'll keep you save.ÔÇØ Wants adds.
ÔÇ£ I think we should head to the orc village and see if we can find any left over equipment. The more of us that go, the more stuff we can bring back. So anyone who doesn't have anything else to do should come.ÔÇØ Flies says and heads to the jetty and climbs in the boat, followed by Coates and the rest the group, while Walks humms a cheery tune on the way and Tinkers falls down until he gatheres up the human clothes. Seems they are a bit to large for him. Maybe it will need more than one goblin to use them the way they are, or he will have to find somebody cut and sew them down to his size.

The old goblin sharing a hut with Wants watches them take of, looking at the pile of items on the ground. He mumbles ÔÇ£Messy youths! Only have adventures in their heads. DidnÔÇÖt even take some firewood, hope they wonÔÇÖt be eaten by wolvees in the night.ÔÇØ He stops hoeing the weeds out of a bed of beets, hobbles to the remaining items and puts them back into the storage.

It takes the young goblins a while until they have got the hang of rowing the boat, but after a few circles they manage to row towards the orc village on a curved route. The fisherman goblins wave to them when they pass. When the get closer to the orc village, they see many large and sturdy wood buildings, some even are partially build our of stone. But most of them have traces of a fire on them. Scorched and burned wood. Some buildings are totally ruined, others are still intact. The orcs built big and sturdy, like using trunks for walls, where blanks would have be sufficient, they notice. Gras and small trees have grown in the way between the buildings, and ivy and moss started to cover the walls and roofs. You donÔÇÖt see or hear anything else except for some animal and wind background noise.

The goblins steer their boat into a boathouse, whose seeside gates are broken. One is crooked, the other floating inside of the boathouse. When the boat is moored, the group climbs out of it, onto the wood floor. The roadside doors of the house are still intact.

Events:
you entered K6 from the west
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 2

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:04 am

Turn2
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

ÔÇ£Ok everyone spread out and see what you can find but don't go too far and yell out if you see anything interesting or dangerous. It might be a good idea for someone to keep an eye on the boat.ÔÇØ Flies herself starts to take a look inside the boathouse, while she is already in there.
"Lets get a move on people, we don't have all day...Well, we do, but let's not spend it in one place." Walks paces out of the building and into another one before anybody else leaves the boathouse.
Cowers shivers and talks to herself. After a few moments she seems recollected and Grace hears her say C'mon, get ahold of yourself, Cowers...! I... I think I'm going to look for an apothecary or a shaman's hut. T-there might still be some medical supplies we can s-salvage."
Grace offers to accompany her. "I'll come with you."

The others already left the building until then, and spread to search the buildings close to it.

This place gives me the creeps says Wants as he enters another building which looks like a storage. He is standing in a little room with only one table and a few empty racks. He gets alarmed by noised which seem to origin from the next room.
Walks hears the noise to, since he happens to be in another part of the same building. He is inside a small and empty storage room, which he entered trough a large gate, which was closed before he opened it. On the backside of the room is a smaller door, leading further into the building, which appears to be a large storage barn.

Coats is searching a small house. It seems to be nearly intact. Maybe the weather couldnÔÇÖt wear it down as much as some of the other buildings, since all doors and windows are still intact and were closed when he entered it. He finds two large beds and a cradle. Everything is covered in dust. A little stove is standing in the back. A metall bucket standing next to it still contains some charcoal. He takes a look into a small cupboard and finds some sealed glasses filled with boiled down fruits and a few pieces of wooden dishes and cutlery. And a rat, which seemes to have gnawed in there. The rat hisses and runs away, escaping through a hole in the floor.

Tinkers moves silently through the village, checking out how large it is and of which buildings it consists. On the edge of the village, close to the forrest, he finds an orc graveyard. A fresh pile of earth is close to one of the graves.

Flies who searches the boathouse finds some old planks and parts of boats. On a rig there are some old oars, but the wood seems to be brittle and unusable. She finds a large wooden toolbox between those parts. Many nails are scattered out of it and a large rusty hammer is in it. It may have been a small one for an orc, but itÔÇÖs huge for an goblin. The ropes in there are too rotten to be used. Seems the village has been abandoned a long time ago.

Cowers and Grace find an old orc armory. Its covered in dust, rust, spiderwebs and leaves from many years have left a layer of earth on the floor of the half open building.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 3

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:04 am

Turn3
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Tinkers gets closer to the freshly dug grave telling himself "Hmm...thats not a good sign.". On the way he is having a look on the other gravestones, but doesnÔÇÖt notice something special.

Flies collects everthing she finds usefull and packs it in the boat and mutters: ÔÇ£We can use these to help rebuild the damaged hutsÔÇØ

In the large storage shack, Walks says "I wonder what that was?" and then goes into the next room. Large storage racks and some carts, most of them broken, block his view. He hears the noise again, now as a voice talking sardonicly to somebody else. ÔÇ£See, i told you we would get what we want anyway, old fool. But oh no, you had to play the honorable, steadfast guard. What are you guarding now? Maybe my blade?ÔÇØ He hears somebody else howl with pain.
Before he gets close enough to see whatÔÇÖs going on, he hears Wants ask ÔÇ£hello, anybody here?ÔÇØ. It sounds farer away than the other two voices. Wants stands in front of 4 storage racks. Some carts are on his left side, a large gate behind them. He hears the howling sound from over there. He walks towards the racks and searches them trough, but finds nothing yet.

Coats is looting too, and grabs all the items which could be of use in the house he searched through. Since the charcoal bucket is to large for his backpack, heÔÇÖs carrying it in his hand and walks around, looking for the armory. After some steps he finds it and sees Cowers searching the armory while Grace waits outside. "Well, it's not exactly an herbalist's shop. Or clean. Wow, look at this mess." Cowers shakes her head. "But I suppose we're not here to do housekeeping, are we?"
He enters and sees that Cowers already discovered an enormous anvil covered with flash rust, standing in the middle of the room. Behind it a rack is covering nearly the whole wall, but it is empty. Maybe it was holding smith tools earlier, but they seem to be all gone. Seems the amboss is to heavy to move for whoever plundered the village. He definitly is to heavy for the goblins. The forge is made of stone. The only thing they find is a little handheld grindstone on the floor lying close to a large but very notchy and rusty knife.

Then everybody except for Wants and Walks hears a scream.

Tinkers is sneaking towards the grave silently, but not invisibel, since it is bright daylight and close to noon. When he looks into the deep grave, he pulls his head back just in time not to get hit by the sharp edge of a shovel. It was close enough to leave a small cut on the bridge of his nose, but causing no real damage. He falls on his backside, while the person inside the hole yells. ÔÇ£PAUL! GOBLINS! Where the heck are you m****r, you should keep watch while i dig! PAUL!ÔÇØ. The persons tries to get out but his hands canÔÇÖt find hold on the edge of the hole, buying Tinkers some time.

Tinkers notices a hectic movement in the bushes on the forest edge which is not far.


Items:
6 rations glas of boilt fruits (road rations) (12 gold)
1 metall bucket (10 gold)
1/2 bucket of charcoal (5 gold)
2 sets of wooden dishes (2 gold)
1 carpenter hammer (20 gold)
1 wooden toolbox (orc size) (5 gold)
2 handfull of nails (8 gold)
1 m┬│ wooden blanks
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 4

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:04 am

Turn4
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"W-what was that?" Cowers asks eye-wide while she packs the two things into her backpack. But Coats already is striding away, followed by Grace who looks back to Cowers.
"Wait, don't leave me here!" she calls over to them.
" Shhhh!" Coats hisses at her. " If we're under attack I don't want them to know we're coming...ÔÇØ He than gives a comforting nod of his head as she reaches them.
ÔÇØDon't worry. Chances are it's nothing..."
"Nothing doesn't usually involve screamingÔÇØ she replys skeptically.

Meanwhile at the grave:

"Hmm...that rather hurt. I hope it doesn't leave a mark.ÔÇØ
The person inside the grave tries to get out on Tinkers side again. He manages to stab the arm with one of his knives, dealing some damage. The person curses ÔÇ£Blimey!ÔÇØ and falls back in, and Tinkers looses the knife still sticking in his enemies forarm. The shovel hooks into the other side of the grave like a wall hook. Seems the person learned itÔÇÖs lesson.
A human without pants darts out of the bushes, wealding a short sword and a buckler. ÔÇ£Digger, no! IÔÇÖll cut you in half, goblin!ÔÇØ he screams at Tinkers and it will be only seconds until he reaches him. Flies reaches the graveyard just in time and letÔÇÖs a javelin fly at the human, but he deflects it with his sword. But at least it diverted the sword from Tinkers. The human slams Tinkers with his shield without stopping, dealing him 1 damage and sending him flying into the open grave. Somehow Tinkers still manages to do an acrobatic move allowing him to use his remaining dagger to cause a long but not very deep wound in Diggers back, sending him falling back into the grave, too. He notices now that Digger is a dwarf, seconds before the dwarf falls onto him, blowing the air out of his lungs while the dwarf screams ÔÇ£Paul!ÔÇØ again.

The human charges for Flies now, who getÔÇÖs into a defensive stance with her spear.

Coats, Cowers and Grace are close to the graveyard, but they took some time with looting and striding calmly. They still are many meters away from Flies, but they already see her and the human charging towards her.

ÔÇ£We got companyÔÇØ Wants wispers at walks, who replies "That was odd...". They prepare themselves and move toward the location the voices came from.
Suddenly somebody drops from above, kicking Walks flying into the storage rack and causing him to loose grip of his javelin and to bang his head. He is a little dizzy and gets 1 damage. Wants gets stabbed into his back twice and recieves 2 damage, but he manages to stumble forward and Turnaround before the person could strike again. He sees a human with dark clothes, wielding a dagger in each hand. The guy smiles maliciously and tell them ÔÇ£You talk too loud and too much!ÔÇØ.
He advances on Wants who points his sword on him.

Items:
1 handheld grindstone
1 large but very notchy and rusty knife

Battle:
Tinkers is on 4/5 now
Walks is on 4/5 now and feeling dizzy
Wants is on 3/5 now
Digger recieved light damage from Tinkers twice, but you donÔÇÖt know how much he can take
Flies: 2 javelins left until the battle ends.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 5.1

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:05 am

Turn5.1
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cowers prepares her bow while advancing, while Grace concentrates on activating her aura. A rush of power flows through herself, Cowers and Coats, and it also reaches Flies when they get close enough.

ÔÇ£Adventurers!ÔÇØ Coats snarls, raising his sword he bangs it hard on his shield and roars a battle cry before charging at the human hoping to district him from his kin in the hole. But there is no need for that, since he is charging for Flies.

ÔÇ£Hang in there Tinker I'm coming!ÔÇØ Flies shouts while moving towards the human. ÔÇ£You looking for a fight? Come on then!ÔÇØ
When they meet, the human scores a hit, leaving a gaping wound across her cheast, starting at one shoulder, running between her breasts and ends close to her hip, dealing 3 damage. But she also manages to run her spear into itÔÇÖs target, penetrating the humans lousy leather armor at his shield arm shouldersÔÇÖ collarbone and going all the way through, rendering the shield useless. He screams in pains and loses his shield, but tries to hit Flies again, madness in his eyes, while her spear still stucks in his shoulder. But Coats jumps forward and blocks it with his shield. The strike is heavy and forces him down on his knees, making his shield arm feel dump (but still movable) and causing him 1 damage. The sword cuts deep into the shield, leaving a deep fissure in it. Without his shieldblock, the strike would definitely have cost Flies her head or an arm.

"Humans..." Cowers whispers, but is collected enough to shoot at Paul, but she misses. To her shock, an arrow of unknown origin passes close between Grace and herself with a gentle hiss.

"Hmm....I do believe I'm in trouble!" Thinkers and the dwarf are as close as amelee fight gets. While the dwarfs tries to shake him off by roling around, Tinkers cramps into him as hard as he can, and manages to shove his remaining knife into Diggers belly. The dwarf swears and rips out the knife sticking in his arm and stabs behind himself, close to his head. He manages to pin Tinkers ear to the dirt, causing 1 damage.
Then he manages to stand up, Tinkers still on his back.

"Ouch! What? The world is spinning..ÔÇØ Walks says while he tries to free himself from the debris of a shattered box.
ÔÇ£You shoudn't have done that, budy!ÔÇØ want smiles as he tries to keep the human away from walks. His shoulders and back hurt very much, but he manages to fend of the attacks of the human with his sword, although this means he canÔÇÖt attack himself. But suddenly Walks jumps out of the rack, who shook of the dizziness.
"I gonna stab you! " Walks tries to thrust his spear at the human, and succeeds, piercing his leg.
ÔÇ£FutileÔÇØ the human, screams, throwing a knife at Walks. But Walks is lucky, it doesnÔÇÖt enters deep and bounces back right after cutting his skin, since it hits a rib. 1 damage.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 5.2

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:05 am

Turn5.2
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"AAIEEE!" Cowers lets out a short scream of terror and runs towards a rotten barrel and takes cover behind it.

Coats and Flies both have the same idea, which is stabbing the human into his chest. But they thwart each other so only Coats sword does another 1 damage (thanks to Grace), cutting into the leg of the human. Flies protrudes her spear but it passes Pauls side without hurting him (rolled a 1!). He reacts fast and jams it between his limp arm and turns sidewarts, ripping itÔÇÖs shaft out of her hands and hitting Coats at the side of his head. Coats feels dizzy, but it wonÔÇÖt cause more than a goose egg. Pauls sword on the other hand, does cause some damage. A loud roar of rage goes with a wild and strong hack, which breaks the already fissured lousy shield in two, and cuts into Coats arm, causing 2 damage (heÔÇÖs lucky he got so much armor, would have been 6 damage). It was only a barrel lid after all.

Cowers peeks out from behind the barrel, trying to see where the arrow came from. She sees a woman on the top of a large building. She feels it is the one Walks and Wants are in. Grace noticed the woman too, who is aiming at her. Cowers shoots at her, but the woman is faster. When Cowers is still raising her bow, she already lets fly another arrow. Grace pulled an arrow out of her quiver and wanted to shoot woman too. But since she was to concentrated on her aura, she is to slow. The arrow penetrates her shoulder and sends her flying on her back, dealing 3 damage. She is too shocked to keep up the aura for the next turn. But another arrow strikes home. Cowers doesnÔÇÖt hit the womans torso, but what she hits is even more effectiv. The arrow hits the womansÔÇÖ leg on the downward side of the roof. It may have not caused much damage, but the woman starts to slide down the roof and screams, trying to steady herself. She fails and falls at the side of the building Cowers canÔÇÖt see, she only hears a dull impact.

Inside the storage barn, Walks and Wants keep fighting against the other human. They are angrily screaming at him ÔÇ£Stupid human!ÔÇØ and ÔÇ£Futile this!ÔÇØ.
Wants hasnÔÇÖt enough range to score a hit. His strikes is to predictable and the humans parries it easily and deals a cut to Wants swordarm, but not deep enough to cause serious damage. Walks however manages to cut into the flank of the human with his spear.
The human hisses angrily and backs off, replacing the knife he threw at Walks with another Dagger, which is pitch black. It really looks nasty.
ÔÇ£Time to die!ÔÇØ he shouts, and dips of spit are flying from his mouth.

The battle inside the grave is also still on.
ÔÇ£Hmm.......%#@$!ÔÇØ Tinker swears, still cramped onto the dwarf back, one hand on the dwarfs clothes, the other on the dagger still sticking in the dwarfs belly. While Digger jumps back, trying to ram Tinkers against the grave walls. Tinker manages to kick out the dwarfs legs, but he already had gained some momentum, so they fall again. Tinkers who has the misfortune to be beneath Digger, and is slammed hard onto the ground, causing him 1 damage. but his hand holding the dagger he stabbed into Digger also causes some damage to Digger through the movement and impact.
Digger manages to get hold of Tinkers hand holding the dagger, pulling it out of his belly. ÔÇ£Ouch! IÔÇÖm not getting payed well enough for this! Stop it!ÔÇØ he complains.

Items:
Coats shield is destroyed, he is down to 3 DEF.

Battle:
Tinkers is down to 2/5 now
Coats is down to 2/5 now
Grace is down to 2/5 now, no aura next turn
Flies is unarmed for now, except for 2 javelins, which are not made for melee-attacks
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 6

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:05 am

Turn6
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Shit...Gotta think of something...ÔÇØ WalksBriskly says and tries to flank the human, while wants attacks him screaming ÔÇ£Die already!ÔÇØ, aiming for the humans chest. The human shifts to his left, but not fast enough. Wants sword rips open his flank. But this hit comes at a price, since Wants shoves himself into the humans dagger, awaiting him and stabig him into his belly. Wants only looses 2 hp due to his armor, but his vision gets blurred, then pitch black. He screams, stumbles back and grabs his head with both hands. Is he blind?
ÔÇ£Ahhhh!ÔÇØ Wants screams, trusting his spear into the back of the human, who sinks on his knees and whispers ÔÇ£Impossible!ÔÇØ, then his torso and head topple over and he hits the ground.

Outside, Flies and Coats are still fighting Paul.
Flies tries to knock his feet of with a sweep kick, but he is to large, heavy and muscular compared to the goblin woman. His knee starts to buckle when she hits it from behind, but only for a tiny moment, then he regains control over it and keeps standing.
Coats and Paul fight with their swords, but since Coats is still dizzy he only manages to parry Pauls attacks. But at least neither he nor Flies get hurt any further. "Forget the archer! Shoot this son of a bitch!" Coats screams. "O-okay!" Cowers is still shocked but shoots. She doesnÔÇÖt hit, her arrow hits the ground before it reaches the three fighters. Grace manages to get up and shake of the shock, her aura will be up next Turnagain. Coats and Paul continue to swing their swords but no damage is done this Turnbetween those two.

Meanwhile, inside the grave. "Hmm...Alright alright. How bout this? You stop, I stop? Deal?" Tinkers suggests to Digger.
ÔÇ£Really?ÔÇØ Digger seems perplexd.
He lifts Tinkers up with easy, still holding tight to the arm whichsÔÇÿ hand still holds Tinkers last Dagger. Digger picks the Dagger out of Tinkers hand and throws it out of the grave onto te earth pile. ÔÇ£Ay, didnÔÇÖt expect yeÔÇÖ to even think about it!ÔÇØ He says, releases Tinkers and tries to climb out of the grave again, using the shovel as aid again. This time he succeeds. Tinkers canÔÇÖt see what he is doing and is to small to get out.
ÔÇ£Paul, stop it!ÔÇØ Digger yells, even if Paul is very close to him.
ÔÇ£No way, busy fighting goblins!ÔÇØ Paul replies.
ÔÇ£Oi said stop it!ÔÇØ Digger shouts angrily.
ÔÇ£CanÔÇÖt iÔÇÖm in rage!ÔÇØ Paul bellows back, still exchaning swings with Coats.
Tinkers sees the dwarf walk past the grave again, but he is wearing a chain mail and a heavy dwarfish helmet now. And a heavy battle axe with runes all over it and having a shimmering light blue aura.
ÔÇ£Stupid boy!ÔÇØ he mutters and to Coats and Flies surprise hits the back of Pauls head with the handle of his axe. Paul collapses with a sigh, burying Flies beneath himself. He falls down in an unfortunate way, causing his sword to cut himself and her slightly, causing 1 damage to both.

Digger looks at Coats and points his axe at him. ÔÇ£Put ÔÇÿway that sword, youÔÇÖre lucky oiÔÇÖm not paid for fightinÔÇÖÔÇØ. There is no trace of doubt that he would kill Coats straight ahead if he would hurt Paul or attack Digger.

Battle:
Wants is down on 1/5 now
Flies is down on 1/5 now
End of battle if nobody attacks Digger
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 7

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:06 am

Turn7
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Coats lowers his sword but doesn't put it away. He stares evenly at the dwarf ready to attack at any false moves. He lets his more talkative kin do the negotiations. Seems thats enough for Digger. He puts his axe on his back and moves tPaul, while Flies pushes him away from herself. While Digger leans Paul against a gravestone and treats his wounds, Flies goes to the grave where she heres Tinkers shout ÔÇ£Hmmm...I appear to be stuck! Could someone please give me a hand?ÔÇØ.
ÔÇ£Don't mention it I owe you one.ÔÇØ She helps him out using the shovel.
ÔÇ£Thank you Flies.ÔÇØ
ÔÇØThank you for stopping him, I thought we were dead!ÔÇØ she sais while looking at Digger.

Cowers and Grace reach the group.
"S-so y-ou're not g-going to k-kill us a-all?" she asks Digger, taking cover behind Grace.
ÔÇ£No.ÔÇØ
"B-but I thought y-you were a-adventurers?" she interrogates the taciTurndwarf.
ÔÇ£We ainÔÇÖt.ÔÇØ
"W-what are you doing here?"
ÔÇ£WeÔÇÖre mercs. Adventurers rent us foÔÇÖ what they need us, but we only do what weÔÇÖre paid foÔÇÖ. Not really like them, they always call us NPCs and forget our names, like weÔÇÖre disposable second class beings. Two of them rent us, me for digginÔÇÖ anÔÇÖ Paul as a bodyguard. Maybe were thinking ÔÇ£oi, he is a dwarf, he likes to dig or is good at it, oh yes!ÔÇØ. Paul just got his first sword but is a hulk, so ÔÇ£oi, look at his muscels and a sword, he shureÔÇÖs a good fighter, oh yes!ÔÇØ. He didnÔÇÖt even had one single battlescar. Adventurers, they donÔÇÖt have a clue of anything! Would have been smarter the other way ÔÇÿround. But seems they couldnÔÇÖt afford me fighting. Harhar! Good for you anyway. Harharhar!ÔÇØ
He pauses for a moment, seems he is thinking about something.
ÔÇ£Did you kill them? HavenÔÇÖt seen them once during the whole battle. Mason went off to torture that poor old orc.ÔÇØ

Walks stabs the human in his back one last time and leaves his spear there to make sure heÔÇÖs dead. He tears of the humans shirt and goes to Wants.
ÔÇØI can't see...ÔÇØ Wants wispers in terror, sitting on the floor, back to the rack and waiting to receive help.
"Shit, shit, shit! Stay still!" Walks says and tends to Wants wound caused by the black dagger, cleaning it with water and the humansÔÇÖ cloth.
"This is not good...". The wound appears to be a normal one, but he cannot tell if any poison or magic was involved. It keeps bleeding, but nothing else happens. After a while Wants starts to see blurry spots of light again.

Items:
nothing looted yet

Battle:
is over
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 8

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:06 am

Turn8
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

ÔÇ£I think some of our clan mates took out mason and we injured a woman who was on the roof.ÔÇØ Flies tells Digger while picking up her weapons, like Tinkers does.ÔÇ£Is that all of them or are there more?ÔÇØ
"Thats all, at least on this mission. Think their group was larger though." says Digger.
"Hmm...now that I think on it, I don't see Wants or Walks here. We should go check on them. Before I go, I'd like to ask another couple questions if you don't mind.ÔÇØ Tinkers asks Digger who is still tending to Paul. He walks of for a second, coming back with two backpacks and opens one of them. He takes out a bottle filled with red fluid, and gives some of it to Paul. His wounds instantly close and he starts to snore.
"Seems thats enough for him..." Digger tells them taking a sip himself and curing his wounds.
"Ow, and if i think about wounds, you may want that back!" he hands Tinkers second Dagger back to him, which he had put into his boot. "May smell a while but it shouldn't rust! Harhar! Here, take the rest, you look like you need it." To her surprise he throws the medium sized healing potion over to Flies who is really soaken with blood due to all of her wounds. It still is half full.

While Flies and Tinkers continue to talk to Digger, Cowers cautiously retrieves the arrow that fell short, but the fact that she still doesn't know the fate or location of the adventurer archer is starting to get to her. She has to know what happened to that archer. So she creeps around to the other side of the building, where the archer fell.
Coats follows Cowers to help make sure the archer is no longer a threat.
When they reach the point the archer fell, they only find a short bow, a dark grey beret, a few (5) arrows and another arrow, which is bloody and broken in two parts. A trail of blood and drag marks leads behind the building. Just when they look up in that direction, they can hear a horse running vey fast, seems like the archer is hurt, but got away.

Inside the storage barn:
"So, you're starting to see better now? Good." WalksBriskly says goint to the human and searching his corpse. He finds his own javelin close by, also the two normal daggers the human weld when he started the fight. The black dagger lies in front of the human.
Wants only answers ÔÇ£Dibs on any armor.ÔÇØ. The blurry points of light take shape, and his vision goes back to normal slowly. He laughs happily and kicks the corpse a little, while Walks is still bend over, searching.
Walks finds 20 gold an a small healing potion. Maybe this could cure Poor little guy? Furthermore he could get a set of human clothes if he would strip the corpse. The clothes are of good quality and a mix of dark grey and black, some parts which normaly becomde threadbare first, since they are exposed most to abrasion (like knees), are even covered with black leather patches. Inside a pocket on the inside of the chest he finds a small letter, but he cannot read like most of his kin.

Then Walks and Wants hear somebody moan, and remember there was somebody else inside the building, whom the human was torturing earlier.

Outside, Flies and Tinkers try to get some more information from Digger.
ÔÇ£What did the adventures have you digging for?
And can you tell us anything about the surrounding area? We're passing through, and unfamiliar with this land."
ÔÇ£Oi, slowly. One question a time!ÔÇØ Digger stops him.
ÔÇ£I donÔÇÖt know what the searched, the just told me to dig. IÔÇÖve seen some adventurers in my life, but none of them just became tomb raiders for fun or money. Maybe they were searching something. Maybe a mission they are on. DonÔÇÖt know.ÔÇØ he ponders a few moments and remembers the second question.
ÔÇ£Also donÔÇÖt know the way, only that the town the hired us is at least 3 days by horse to the southeast, two days on road, and the last one without. The guy was leading us. Hope we find back but Paul is good in such things. That also makes me think the werenÔÇÖt only raiding tombs. You donÔÇÖt travel that far for such things.ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£Hmm...ÔÇØ Tinkers wanders off towards the storage building and sees Cowers and Coats standing and looking for something close to a large gate which has a smaller down build into it.
Grace walks towards Flies and the dwarf, and doesnÔÇÖt look good. She has an arrow sticking out of her chest and snivels a little bit.
ÔÇ£Oi, two battle-worn maiden, what a beautiful sight. If yeÔÇÖ only would have beards...ÔÇØ he sighs ÔÇ£I miss the mountainsÔÇØ.

Items:
1 mysterious black dagger +? ATK (10 + ? g)
2 knives +1 (20 g)
1 small healing potion (20 g)
20 gold
1 set of human clothes which could be tailored into clothes which are a little bit sneakier than normal ones (25 g)
1 letter which no one in your group can read
1 short bow (+1 ATK 75% to miss without markman skill)
5 arrows
1 dark grey beret
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 9

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:06 am

Turn9
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Flies drinks the potion. ÔÇØThanks I needed that.ÔÇØ About 6 hp worth of healing potion are left in the vial. She then sits down allowing her wounds to heal. ÔÇ£Can i have some of that?ÔÇØ Grace asks? ÔÇ£I wonÔÇÖt use all of it and keep the rest for Poor little Guy. Maybe you remember, the chief told us to find something to cure him.ÔÇØ If Flies hands her the vial, she drinks half of whats left and saves enough potion for 3 hp for the injured goblin back at the warcamp.
ÔÇØDo you think what you guys were looking for was important enough for them to come back for?ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£DonÔÇÖt know, they didnÔÇÖt tell me. This was the first grave i dug up, so i donÔÇÖt have a clue what it could be. But you can take a look inside if you want. I already hit wood once with the shovel before your grey little friend showed up. But afterwards, i will cover it with earth again. Digging it up is one thing, but leaving it open another. Items are something which should be given from generation to generation, like we dwarfs handle it, not burried with the dead. Such a waste!ÔÇØ Digger tells them, spitting out the last words.
Paul awakes, sees the goblins and asks Digger ÔÇ£Hey, why didn't you kill them?ÔÇØ.
ÔÇ£Same reason why they didnÔÇÖt kill you. We stopped fighting, since there is no need to it. The killed Mason and Nina anyway.ÔÇØ ÔÇ£Oh. But they paid me for fighting!ÔÇØ ÔÇ£And you fought until i knocked you outÔÇØ Digger smiles at Paul. ÔÇØYou ... ? Well, whatever. Thats what i call a short mission. At least we always get paid in advance! But if anybody asks, the orc knocked me out. I want to get hired again!ÔÇØ he laughs and seems not to care much about the adventurers.
He gets up ÔÇ£Well iÔÇÖll get the horses before they eat themÔÇØ. He walks towards where Coats and Cowers went.

Cowers picks up the dark grey beret and puts it on. "How do I look?" She asks, happy with her little spoil of war. "You can take the archer's bow and arrows if you want, Coats." Coats loots the shortbow and arrows placing the bow over his shoulders. ÔÇ£Might be useful if i get too wounded to melee.ÔÇØ Tinkers joins them, heading for Wants and Walks.
"I'm sure Chief will be happy we brought some good supplies back. Although I wonder if that adventurer left anything else behind..." Cowers says, the curiosity getting the best of her, she follows the blood trail, seeing if anything else got left behind. Around the corner see finds two horses and a mule tied to a support beam. Close to them there are fresh traces, which look like the belong to the horse which just ran away. The blood trail ends there, and Cowers find bloody fingerprints on the beam the remaining horses are tied to. Seems like the woman got away.
ÔÇ£DonÔÇÖt eat them!ÔÇØ Paul shouts from behind, jogging in their direction.

"We've gotta find whoever they were working on! Wants, stay there until you can see better! I would use this potion on you, but we might need it for this guy!" WalksBriskly says as he stuffs everything in his backpack for later inspection and rushes towards the sound with the potion in his hand. Just when he arrives there, Coats and Tinkers enter through the door close to the orc. They find and old orc with many cuts on his body which seem to origin from torture, but also a few other wounds which look like he got it while fighting the humans. And he has even more old scars. He is chained to a beam and his leather armor is cut open, maybe to make torturing easier. Close to him a small wolf is tied up too and whining, whoÔÇÖs furr is also tainted red at two spots. Furthermore there are two black and human sized backpacks.
Walks arrives to late for the orc, he is already dead. He is sitting in a puddle of his own blood and Walks canÔÇÖt imagine how he even lasted as long as he did with all those wounds. The orc sits straight, his eyes open, his head up. Close to him lies a gorgeous orc battle helmet with large horns and completely made of iron. Runes are carved into it. A beautifull and very old looking orcish long sword is leaning against the wall close to him. It looks very sharp and deadly, but too heavy for a goblin to wield it. Close to it lies a little orc knife, crafted the same way the long sword is, which an goblin might use as a short sword. Furthermore there is a large orc tower shield of the same style. It looks used and old too, but old like in time-honored, not like in rusted. It is really heavy.
Whatever the orc was, he was somebody important, a great warrior and a veteran of war.
Meanwhile, Wants vision gets clearer and clearer and then he thinks it got back to normal, while he mutters about his situation:
ÔÇ£my name is wants to be safe and i'm the one who almost died, cause of some stinking human...yeah i'm talking to you ... euhm .. never did catch your name did i ?...You look like a Ian ... yeah Ian i like the sound of that im' gonna call you Ian. You suck Ian !ÔÇØ

Items:
Coates: 1 short bow (+1 ATK 75% to miss without markman skill) (10g)
Coates: 5 arrows (2.5 g)
Cowers: 1 dark grey beret (5 g)
ancient orcish rune long sword (to large for a goblin) (? g)
ancient orcish rune knife (+3 short sword for a goblin) (? g)
ancient orcish rune helmet (? g)
ancient orcish rune tower shield (to large for a goblin) (? g)
rags of an orcish leather armor (to large for a goblin) (? g)

Battle:
Flies is back to 5/5
Grace is back to 5/5 if Flies hands over the vial
Wants vision is back to normal

Anti-Confusion-Information:
Tinkers wants the black dagger, but wasnÔÇÖt there to loot it and doesnÔÇÖt know it exists yet. He will have to ask Walks and Walks about what happend or for the loot so far, since it is in WalksÔÇÖ backpack now, wrapped in the human clothes.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 10

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:07 am

Turn 10
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Flies hands over the potion. Grace takes a little sip and her wounds close immediatly. ÔÇ£It would probably be a good idea for someone to head back to the warcamp soon to warn them of the adventurers. If no else wants to I will, right after I check this grave.ÔÇØ Flies says and then takes a look inside the grave. After she shoved away the remaining earth, she can open a plank of rotten wood. Inside is a parched orc corpse. His headgear, cloth and staff look like he was a shaman. The items are too rotten to use, and she wonÔÇÖt find anything else when she searches him through. ÔÇ£Oi, seems itÔÇÖs not here. Sorry girl.ÔÇØ Digger comments her activities from above. After she is done he helps her out and starts throwing the earth from the pile back inside the grave. ÔÇ£LetÔÇÖs end this inglorious chapter of my career!ÔÇØ
When Flies suggests that somebody should inform the warcamp about the adventurers, Grace offers Flies to come back with her to the warcamp, since the boat needs at least two goblins to row it.
Outside the storage barn Cowers runs from Paul as he comes running towards her and the horses: "Eep!" Cowers lets out a small yip and shouts "Not eating! Don't hurt me! AIEE!". She bolts off, away from the oncoming Paul, and looks for a Teller's/Shaman's hut or other building to hide in. She happens to enters a larger house with many beds in it. At one end there is a altar like stone pedal. Traces of dried blood are on itÔÇÖs surface. The rear of the house is covered with closets and lockers and a few shelfs. Many tools, most of them very rusty or rotten are hanging on the wall or lie on the shelfs and on a table close to the pedal. After a few moments she realises that the stone pedal is some kind of operating table for a medico, something between a doctor and a shaman. She finds a few needles, a bonesaw and many empty vials, bottles, flasks and two oil lamps with an mirror attached to them, so they can send light in any direction requiered. 5 vials are still filled, but the liquid looks brown or black, or part transparent, part sedimented. A broken alembic stands on another table, close to a mortar and a pestle made of stone. Some books are standing on shelf. Most are rotten or brittle, but some can still be used. As she cannot read, she may take a look on the pictures. One seems to be about plants, another one shows parts of animals and humanoids. There are some more, with similar pictures. Anything else seems to be to rotten to loot. (Please write down what you want to loot. ÔÇ£EverythingÔÇØ is an option too)

"...Damn...Sorry, old timer..."
"Hmm...very interesting. I wonder what these runes mean. If only there was someone still alive to translate. Ah well, something we'll just have to deal with later."
Tinkers leaves the building too and walks back to the graveyard. He sees that Digger throws the earth back into the grave.
Coats picks up the rune dagger and places it within his belt for further studies. Then he leaves and enters a normal living house close by. He canÔÇÖt finde more than a set of flint and two more rations of cooked in fruits. Anything else looks timber worm eaten and is worthless.

ÔÇØHey were is everybody going?ÔÇØ Wants asks and then walks towards Walks, who tries to feed meat, mixed with healing potion towards the young wolf. "Now who're you..."
But the wolf is shy. It yips and fidgets in panic, since it is still tied up. Seems it doesnÔÇÖt trust him enough after what Mason did to it.
Wants takes a look at the dead orc. ÔÇ£Ahhh..gross he says.......dibs on the helmetÔÇØ He says and puts it on, but is much to large and heavy. If he would try to walk with it, he would fall and dangle upsidedown on his head like a tumbler toy. He puts it back and turns to Walks.
ÔÇ£Walks, you got some healing potion left...i'm like dieing here!ÔÇØ
"Uhh...Sure...Just leave some for PoorLittleGuy." WalksBriskly says, handing Wants the potion, still distracted by the wolf. Wants drinks enough until he is healing, but about one third of the potion is still left.
ÔÇ£We should bring the wolf home, he would make a great pet!ÔÇØ well, lets see what the wolf thinks about that after it has been freed. It is still yiping and fidgeting like crazy.

Items:
Coats: ancient orcish rune knife (+3 short sword for a goblin) (? g)
Grace: 3 hp left of the medium healing potion (12 g)
Wants: 2 hp left of the small healing potion (8 g)
Whatver you choose to loot from the described items.

Missions:
You collected 5 hp of healing potion, which is enough to heal Poor little guy if you combine the rest of two used potions.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 11

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:07 am

Turn 11
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Flies turns to Digger ÔÇ£Thank you again for your aid. You probably saved my life so if you need anything let me know!ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£No problem. CanÔÇÖt think of anything at the moment so everything is fine. Keep your heads, girls.ÔÇØ He then climbs onto his mule and rides away together with Paul, who brought the horses and the mule.

Cowers casts some fearful glances over her shoulder. When she becomes convinced she's not being followed, she turns her attention to the contents of the room. She packs as much as she can into her backpack. When she takes a carefull look to where the horses were, she sees they are gone and so is Paul. Since it seems he took them back to the graveyard, she keeps walking and hears Flies calling, and joins Grace and her. .

Flies and Grace start heading towards the boat.
ÔÇØGoblins!ÔÇØ she shoutsÔÇ£Grace and I are heading back to warn them of the adventurers! Please bring anything you think could be of help down to the boat!ÔÇØ

Tinkers wanders around aimlessly, looking for a building or something that hasn't been looted yet. He enters a few building, but most are empty or everthing is too rotten to use. He finds another two rations of boilt fruits, which he carries to the boat.

Walks still tries to heal the wolf using meat drugged with healing potion. "...Alright, little guy, if you don't want to stick around, I won't force you." WalksBriskly says as he makes sure the door is open and sets the meat by it. He then carefully goes over to the wolf and tries to untie it from it's tether. "There you go."
The wolf looks at him and then slowly walks to the dead orc. He licks his face a few time, then it whimpers a few time and looks like it doesnÔÇÖt know what to do.
ÔÇ£Darn..stupid big people armour....should we bring it with us or just leave it?ÔÇØ Wants asks Walks. The wolf suddenly runs for the door, clutches the meat and is gone.
Walks looks to Wants and answers "Yeah, if just as something in the chest...Also, go give that potion to Grace or Flies, so they can fix PoorLittleGuy.ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£Let me help you with that!ÔÇØ Wants answers and they start to pick up the items.
Coats wanted to loot those items two and joins them, telling them his idea to use the tower shield to carry everything. They put everything onto the shield and then lift it together and walk to the boathouse. (Sorry, Jacon, had to make your story fit to the posts of the other two, hope this solution is ok).
When they reach it, Wants offers his rest of the potion to Grace and Flies. Grace pours her rest into the small vial which is nearly full after doing it, and puts the empty one to the glass collection Cowers brought.
Everybody who wants to row back to the warcamp joins Grace and Flies (even if i think it was only those two who wanted).

Loot:
some needles
some books
1 bonesaw
1 oil mirror spotlight
5 vials of unidentified potions
1 stone mortar and pestle
10 kg rustd iron tools (a few may still work with some oil)
5 kg empty vias, bottles and flasks
4 glases of boilt fruits (1 week road rations) (8 g)
1 set of flint to start a fire
all orc items

Anti-Confusion Information:
- i used kg as unit here, so i dont have to tell you exactly what you took. Maybe you will need something special later or got an idea and then you can still lokk through those items countet by kg or m┬│
- The orc village is large, not just 5-10 houses. You only checked 5 normal houses yet, parts of the storage barn, the armory while being in a hurry and the boathouse.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 12

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:08 am

Turn 12
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cowers looks over the boat and the supplies gathered. "Not bad for a day's work!" She says. "So, we're done here? We're heading back?" She says, excited to be leaving these dangerous, dangerous ruins. As Cowers starts to get in the boat, Flies stops her.
ÔÇØHey Cowers we still need to investigate this area and find stuff to help fix up the village. So if you don't mind I'd like a few people as possible to head back.ÔÇØ
"What? You're just leaving us here? But what about adventurers? And orcs? Or ghosts?"
ÔÇ£Don't worry if there was anything dangerous here the humans would have gotten rid of it.ÔÇØ
"Hmm...I've lost interest in this place, and I'm not feeling too well. I think I'll join you two back to the camp." Tinkers says, who has still several wounds just like Coats. Grace looks upset.
ÔÇ£So many of us could have died. We barely left the camp and we were already at the mercy of mercenaries to survive.ÔÇØ Grace sighs heavily, and looks at Flies. ÔÇ£Well, at least we got stuffing for the poorly locked chest, and we can help Poor-Little-Guy... Poor little guy.ÔÇØ

Grace, Tinker and Coats climb into the boat and take off with all the loot. When they reach the jetty, teller Age and chief Appears already await them there, together with some other goblins. Two are repairing a boat, three are carying gardening tools. It looks like somebody spoted the boat a while ago. The chief seems to be shocked when he sees that only three goblins are rowing the boat. He turns to Age ÔÇ£Oh Maglubiyet, donÔÇÖt let this be what i think it is! Where are the others? What happend?ÔÇØ ÔÇ£Shhh, be patient and let them tell their story.ÔÇØ she calms him down.
When the three tie their boat, the others look amazed at the loot. When Grace hands all the potions to Age who looks very happy and sputters ÔÇ£Oh thats perfect, i need to take those to Little!ÔÇØ. She puts the potions in her bag and paces of, including the old ones Cowers found.
Chief appears waits impatiently for somebody to tell him what happend and that his misgivings are baseless.

Cowers, Flies, Walks and Wants keep exploring the village.
Flies searches for the chieftain hut, sees a large building and enters it. But it looks more like a training hall than the chiefs hut.
Wants starts looking for buildings that have not been searched yet. He enters two normal houses and collects some more food and a few other things, mainly kittchen tools, a little bit coal and another metal bucket and two ovens. He also finds a little poking stick inside one of them.
"Well...Let's see what else is in here..." WalksBriskly says as he begins searching the rest of the storage barn. Cowers follows him since the storage barn is maybe the largest building. She notices as long ladder which goes up to a hatch on the roof. She sees that it is open, maybe this was how the archer got up there. She climbs it up while Walks keeps searching.
He finds about 20 meters of rope which is still usable and a few meters of metal chain. Most boxes are broken or empty or their content is rotten. The racks are mainly empty. He canÔÇÖt reach the upper compartments (is this the right word? Please tell me) without climbing.

Loot:
- the other goblins start carrying the usefull items you brought into the storage and the valuable or useless (from their point of view) ones into the chest. I will update it soon. If you want an item not to be in the chest they put in, please tell me.

Anti-Confusion-Information:
- rowing over the lake takes some time, so you not realy could do a large action afterwards.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 13

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:08 am

Turn 13
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Tinkers let his companions explain what happened and helps out the other goblins to bring the loot and resources to the chest and storage. When unwrappes the mysterious black dagger, he puts one of his knives into the chest instead of it and attaches the dagger on his belt. It looks very ominous and menacing with itÔÇÖs black color.

"The others are alive." Seeing the worrisome face of the Chief, Grace leads with the words of relief. She continues: "We met and fought what we thought were adventurers. It turned out they were only mercenaries and did not really want to fight us, so we avoided any lost goblins. They told us they were hired by some human guy to dig up graves. They did not even know why, but they assumed it was important. They left as us three did. The others are still out there exploring." Grace then asks Age if she can help take care of Poor.
ÔÇ£Shure, why not. Come with me.ÔÇØ
Coats shows the teller his wounds and adds " I got pretty cut up...Think You can help."
She nods and commands him ÔÇ£Then you come with me, too!ÔÇØ, then she takes a look around ÔÇ£Where is the grey guy, he also looked like he could use my help?ÔÇØ
Then she leads Grace and Coats to her her hut. She grabs a little pot, a water bag and hands them to Coats ÔÇ£You take this...ÔÇØ. She walks to the storage, picks up one bundle of medince herbs and two bandages and gives it to Grace ÔÇ£And you take this!ÔÇØ.
Finally, they reach CoatsÔÇÖ and PoorsÔÇÖ hut. She puts the pot on the oven and pours the water in it. ÔÇ£This will take a moment. Lets have a look at the potions you brought.ÔÇØ
She tends to Poor and pours a little bit of the healing potion in his mouth. A few visible wounds close a little bit, then he opens his eyes. ÔÇ£Drink it up!ÔÇØ she orders him, and he obeys. It doesnÔÇÖt take long and he sits up and stretches his limbs. ÔÇ£Ah, that feels much better. How long have i been lying here?ÔÇØ ÔÇ£About a week.ÔÇØ ÔÇ£How many did that bastard elf kill?ÔÇØ ÔÇ£Twenty one survived, including us. But the town send seven younglings. Its them whom you have to thanks, since they obtained your medicine.ÔÇØ
He looks at Grace and Coats and nods his head. ÔÇ£Thanks for curing me, i owe you one!ÔÇØ. Then he wants to get up, but Age, pushes him down. ÔÇ£You will rest until tomorrow-ÔÇ£ ÔÇ£But i-ÔÇ£ ÔÇ£-if you want or not!ÔÇØ
Age then turns to the pot, the water nearly boiling. She takes it of the heat and puts the herbs in it. ÔÇ£Oh, some drops are left, lets use them.ÔÇØ She dips the nearly empty vial into the water, alowing it to wash the remaining potion of out it. Then she opens one of the unidentified potions and smells at it. ÔÇ£Smells good!ÔÇØ she pours a little bit of it into the pot as well. After a it cooled down, the dips the bandages into the fluid so they soak it up. She hands the pot to Grace. ÔÇ£Watch carefully, then you can take the other one to the grey guy.ÔÇØ
She shows Grace how to use the bandage by applying it on Coats. The still warm fluid feels good and his wounds ache much less than before shortly after. ÔÇ£You lie still until tomorrow too!ÔÇØ She orders Coats who wanted to talk to the chief after the treatment. ÔÇ£Either he will visit you or not, it can wait until tomorrow!ÔÇØ Then she orders Grace to look for Tinkers to apply the bandage on him while she stays with Coats and Poor.
Coats asks her "What kind of spells can you cast? Could you teach someone these spells? Not that I want to, I like a trusty blade over some shifty magic... Can you make potions? Is there some kind of task I can, after we explore the cave, that will help the tribe?"
ÔÇ£So many questions for someone who just arrived here yesterday. You can explore the cave when you are healthy. I donÔÇÖt know what is in there, i think it was an old mine.ÔÇØ She pauses.
ÔÇ£About the magic... iÔÇÖm sorry but magic cannot be teached, you have to be born with the ability to use it, or have it granted to you by a god or other being of great power. Their power can also be found in some rare artefacts, but most of the artifacts names contain the word ÔÇ£lostÔÇØ or ÔÇ£hiddenÔÇØ. I donÔÇÖt sense Maglubiyets gift in you, and even in us tellers it often is not very strong. No firework or sparkling spells, most things are about seeing things that may happen. Sometime the visions are very clear, sometimes its just a ÔÇ£it has a chance to happen in the future, but you donÔÇÖt know when and if your actions will lead towards it or prevent it.ÔÇØ
She pokes into his bandages ÔÇ£But i can make a few potions, and iÔÇÖm always eager to learn new ones! Not every potion contains magic, most are just herbology. Maybe your group could keep your eyes peeled for herbs, especially the rare ones i donÔÇÖt find around the warcamp. I can show you some dried ones later to identify them easier. Now try to rest.ÔÇØ She walks over to Poor.

The others keep exploring the orc village.
"Don't look down... don't look down... don't look down..." Cowers keeps repeating this mantra as she climbs the ladder to the roof. Once on the roof, she scans her surroundings. She finds a backpack on the roof, close to the point the archer sliped and fell down. She also notices three more buildings which are larger than the average houses. One seems to be the training hall Flies is in. The other one is some kind of watchtower in K7 outside the village, close to the cliff and south from the town . The last one is a building which looks like a stronghold, itÔÇÖs walls seem more massive and much more stone is used in itÔÇÖs construction than most of the other buildings.
Flies looks around the training hall for anything useful, she finds some wooden training weapons inside a rack and a chest beside it. Short swords and long swords, short and long staffs and spears, wooden round and tower shields, wooden knives and even wooden maces, warhammers and axes. Even two bolas are in there. But most of the weapons are orc size, so the goblins could only use the smaller ones to fight or train.
Wants finds a building which looked like a house at first, but then he notices it got no windows. As he enters it, he finds a pile of coal, a dented metal bucket and a wooden wheelbarrow with a metal wheel. Its about 40 buckets of charcoal, which is about 10 wheelbarrow loads. But the wood of the wheelbarrow is to rotten to use it, but itÔÇÖs metal parts are still fine.
"How am I gonna get up to the upper parts...This Ladder!" WalksBriskly says, having not noticed Cowers going up it. The ladder is installed fix onto the wall. He sees he can reach a beam which leads towards the upper end of one of the shelves using the ladder, so he climbs up and walks over the beam towards the shelve. He hops onto the shelve and looks over its edge into the upper compartments. The first two are filled with only one large wooden box, which he could only pull out, so it would fall on the floor. In the third one he finds two rotten quivers with about a dozen arrows in them and a few more arrow heads in a small wooden box beside them.

Items:
Tinkers:
gets: 1 mysterious black dagger +1+? ATK (10+? g)
gives away: 1 knife (+1 ATK)

Battle:
-Coats will heal to full hp if he rests the next Turn like the teller told him to do.

Loot:
into the chest:
- 2 sets of wooden dishes (2 gold)
- 1 bundle of human clothes which could be tailored into clothes which are a little bit sneakier than normal ones (10 g)
- 1 bundles of human clothes (5 g) (was in the storage earlier)
- 1 ancient orcish rune long sword (to large for a goblin) (50+? g)
- 1 ancient orcish rune helmet (to large for a goblin) (50+? g)
- 1 ancient orcish rune tower shield (to large for a goblin) (50+? g)
- 1 rags of an orcish leather armor (to large for a goblin) (0+? g)
- 3 knives (+1 ATK) (20g)
into the storage:
- 8 rations - boilt down fruits (1 week road rations) (16 g)
- 1 metall bucket (10 g)
- 2 units charcoal (one per day) (4 g)
- 1 carpenter hammer (20 g)
- 1 handheld grindstone (?)
- 1 wooden toolbox (orc size) (5 g)
- 2 handfull of nails (8 g)
- 1 m┬▓ wooden planks and beams (?)
- 1 very scattered and lousy sword (?)
- some needles (?)
- 1 bonesaw (?)
- 1 mirror oil lamp (?)
- 1 stone mortar and pesle (?)
- some books (orc village) (?)
- 10 kg rusted iron tools (?)
- 5 kg empty vials, bottles and flasks (?)
- 1 sets of flint to start a fire (?)
- Masons letter (?)
the Teller took:
- 5 vials of unidentified potions (?)
- 1 small healing potion 5/6 hp (20 g)

Quest-updates:
x find something to heal Poor little guy (done)
- fill the chest (222/500) (partially done)
- check the abandoned orc village (K6) (partially done)
- find someone who can read " Masons letter (?)" (new)

Anti-Confusion-Information:
- i updated chest and storage in post 1, there you can see what is in there now. If you need something from out there or have a good idea of how to use it, just talk to the chief.
- It were to much actions for Coats, so i picked those with the teller since healing seemed to be top priority.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 14

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:08 am

Turn 14
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cowers eyes the pack. "Ooh! Nifty!". She clambers over and loots the backpack. After she went back and climbed down, she goes to over to Walks who just climbed down again, after he threw down the wooden boxes which he shook them a little bit. Their content seemed not to be heavy and the box seemed to be robust. But nonetheless, one of them broke. It was full of leather clothes wrapped in oil paper. But they all are to large for the goblins. When they check the second box, they find the same content, but the clothes are smaller, like made for orc children. When the see them through, they both find clothes fitting themselves and providing slightly more protection than there normal linen cloth did. (I guess each of you will equip one set)
Cowers tells Walks about what she spotted.
"Hey, Walks. It looks like there's a orc stronghold over at the other end of the village. Come to think of it, if this place has a fortress, can it really even be called a village? I mean, my knowledge of place naming is fairly limited, but I'm pretty sure this makes this at least a town." Cowers shrugs. "Also, there's a watchtower south of here. Doesn't seem like either did these guys much good, though..."
"Stronghold? Watchtower? Interesting. We may want to check them out later." WalksBriskly says.

Wants walks out of the building after looting as much as he can an placing it just outside of the building so that the others may spot it and take it with them. He starts looking for other buildings of interest, hoping to find some sweet armour. Suddenly he feels that Walks and even Cowers feel a little bit safer and he gets the feeling that they want to talk to him. He joins them and finds them talking and (if the put it on) dressed in sturdy leather clothes and much more are inside a large wooden box close to them.
ÔÇ£That's alot of weapons, I'll have to come back for them later.ÔÇØ Flies says to herself. Then she heads of for other buildings and finds the stronghold. The gate is locked and the walls are tall and robust, seems she has to find another way inside.

The goblins in the orc village notice that it is dusk already, they have to find a safe place to sleep soon.

Grace smiles as the potions are working and replys to Poor.
"You do not owe us anything Poor. Us goblins aid each other without intent of a returned favor."
Grace puts down the pot to put the bandages over her arm. She kneels to grab the pot carefully. "Thanks Age for teaching me. I hope I can learn a lot from you. I will look for herbs where I go. I will probably never be a teller, but I could be a herbalist." Grace smiles at the teller and leaves the hut. She shouts with a low voice; "Tinkers, I need to care for your wounds!!"
Meanwhile, Tinkers decides too go help out the goblins that he saw repairing a boat, and begins walking in that direction. Upon hearing his name being shouted, he'll change directions and walk to Grace. When she meets him she tries to encourage him to go to his hut, let her bind his wounds and to rest for a while, like the teller told Coats and Poor.

ÔÇ£That kind of tickles.ÔÇØ Poor says pressing a finger on his bandages and smiles.
Coats sits back and rests but still bothers the teller with questions.
"Good, I got no need for magic anyway. Are their any other tribes nearby. This war camp doesn't seem very secure and we might need some help... Also when will the village send us more warriors?"
ÔÇ£It will take some time, since they just send you and you just arrived yesterday. Maybe if you keep being so succesful it will be earlier, but we will have to tell them first or even send them some loot we donÔÇÖt need. There is a boat coming down every week, so the earlierst moment would be the boat in two weeks. I hoped maybe your group could help secure the warcamp a little bit, funny that you want other goblins to do this job. The only free hands we have are yours and those of Poor.ÔÇØ
She pauses.
ÔÇ£Sorry, but there is only another warcamp of our clan i know to the northeast, where another clan once had itÔÇÖs territory in the mountains. The Clan of the rocks they where called, until the humans, who lived on the other side of the mountains until then, burned down all of their warcamps and even their hometown, a though bullwark in the mountains, made of stone. It was legendary, but its only ruins now. A few of them fled and joined our tribe. But that is ages ago and only legends remained . I heared about one tribe living far to the west, but i donÔÇÖt know anything about them.ÔÇØ
She takes a look at both goblins.
ÔÇ£Now rest, both of you, the sun settles down soon, and tomorrow you should feel much better!ÔÇØ she leaves Coats and Poor.

Items:
Cowers:
- 1 backpack (what will be inside?)
- 1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
Walks:
- 1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
- 12 arrows
- 1 box of arrowheads
Found but not collected yet:
- charcoal & co
- wooden training weapons

Anti-Confusion-Information:
Flies and Wants both tried to reach a place they didnÔÇÖt know about since Cowers just spotted them. Please keep in mind that you have only limited ESP which cannot transfer information off that kind. Thats why i changed your actions a little bit, hope you donÔÇÖt mind. Please stick to the ESP telling you only where the others are and their basic emotions like fear, hunger, danger, or requierement to talk to you.
If you want, you can write in your posts if you
- want to talk to/meet somebody
- need help during a fight
- want the others to run/stay away
- found something very interesting the other have to see
so the others know they ÔÇ£feel itÔÇØ.
IÔÇÖm sorry that i donÔÇÖt want full ESP, even if it would make things easier, but it is soooo unrealistic. :(
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 15

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:09 am

Turn 15
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cowers puts on the leather clothing. "That's a little better." She says, looking the clothes over. "They smell funny, but at least they'll help keep me from getting mauled by angry bears..." She looks up at Walks, genuinely concerned. "Do you think there are bears around here? And would they be angry that we're here?"she asks while poking through the adventurer's backpack. She finds a full small healing potion in there, some spare clothes and a little bit of food. She also finds a long but very thin string, a little bell and some pegs with an eye. Seems like an alarm system. Also there are two other vials in there, which she can't tell by their color. One is a dark yellow, the other one is grey.
"So... um... it's kinda getting dark out... do we have a plan as to where we're sleeping tonight?" Cowers asks Walks, but she gets no answer since Wants arrives.
ÔÇ£Sweet armor!ÔÇØ Wants shouts as he enters the building and rushes directly to the crate. He puts on some leather clothe, too. They provide about as much protection as his holey leather armor, but they don't have holes. "This looks good..." WalksBriskly says as he puts on his own suit of clothes again. When he is done putting on his holey leather armor over the new clothes, it makes him feel much safer.
ÔÇ£So Cowards, what's the plan?ÔÇØ he asks her.
Cowers jumps slightly at Wants shouting, but settles back down. "Um... please, it's Cowers. At least allow me a tiny modicum of dignity." She sighs, then looks at the storage barn. "I... I don't really have a plan...". She checks the storage barn and returns with a suggestion and some information.
The doors Walks and Wants used to enter the building can be closed, but not locked with a key or a locking bolt. But a wild animal shouldn't be able to use the door handles. They also could be easily blocked by pushing a box, chair or table below the door handle. She returns and reports, not noticing that Flies joined the group in the meantime.
"Actually, this place looks okay. We could close the doors to keep things out." She takes a look at the floor and it mainly is packed dirt at least the large area close to the gate were the rotten carts are. At the storage racks and in the smaller rooms the floor is made of wood. "And we could use some empty boxes as firewood to start a... a small fire. And leave the roof hatch open to let smoke out."
The others feel that the nearing darkness makes Cowers nervous. Maybe she is talking and planning and suggesting so much to distract her mind?
"The storage barn and the medico's hut seem like our best options, I think. The medico's hut has actual beds, but if trouble arrives, there's only one exit. Which brings me back to the storage barn. It has the roof hatch which could be used in the event of an emergency. It's not a great way out, but at least we won't be blocked in."
ÔÇ£Good plan!ÔÇØ want says with a smile on his face and he gives her a pat on the back.
ÔÇØIÔÇÖll go check out the storage barn and gather some wood for a small fire.ÔÇØ
ÔÇ£Could you bring all the loot you found with you so that it easier to bring it all to the boat tomorrow moring, after we had a closer look at the stronghold of course.ÔÇØ he suggests.
He heads of to look for firewood and finds enough for the night. He can lite it with his set of flint.
"Either way, there need to be watches. Two watches, two goblins to each. We don't know what kind of things live around here, but making sure someone's awake to see them coming and rouse everyone else seems like a solid precaution. The archer had a good idea, using the roof as a look-out point. Maybe have one goblin watching from the roof, and one on the ground?" Something about the idea agrees with Cowers. "Yeah, one goblin on the roof to watch the village for movement or trouble, one in the building to keep an eye on the look-out and wake the others at first sign of trouble."
After a short pause she continues.
"Anyway, if everything goes well, we can get up early the next morning and do some more scavenging before the others show up to take us back to camp. And if it doesn't... well, I suppose we'll figure that out when it happens." Cowers then looks around. "Um, come to think of it, though... where's Flies?" she asks,
ÔÇ£Good, that seems like a well thought out plan I'll take first watch!ÔÇØ she says, climbing up the ladder. Walks seems to want to take the first watch too and starts climbing up on the shelf again.

In the warcamp Grace reaches Tinkers.
"Ah, Tinkers! Let me help you with your wounds. Age showed me how." Grace follows Tinkers to his hut, after he agreed. She binds his wounds just as the teller showed her. She strokes his forehead gently. "Now rest, there is only so much I can do." She walks out and letÔÇÖs him rest, humming. She plans to go look for some herbs nearby, but doesn't know what to look for. She needs to ask the teller first and walks to to teller hut, which is her hut too at the moment.
She wonders what the others are doing. "I hope they are alright." she says quietly to herself.

Coats does as the Age told him, and sleeps shortly after she left, dreaming crazy dreams of gigantic dwarfs and goblins and tiny orcs and humans, all running around chaoticly in the orc village, without doing anything except running. Some run into walls, fall down, stand up again and start running in another direction again.

Items:
Wants:
- 1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
Walks:
- 1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
Flies:
(you didn't write it but if you want: 1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF) )
Cowers:
- 1 backpack
- 1 small healing potion
- 1 unidentified yellow potion
- 1 unidentified grey potion
- 1 set of human clothes
- 1 string with a bell

Anit-Confusion-Information:
Wants: the leather clothes and the holey leather armor stack, so he has 4 DEF now.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 16

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:09 am

Turn 16
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Flies sits on the roof and listens for any noises not goblin made while staring at the sky, If anyone else pays attention the only emotion they can sense from her is longing.
ÔÇ£Flies, you keep an eye out from the roof?ÔÇØ Walks shouts while he asks the others if they realy should start a fire.
"On second thought..." Cowers looks up towards the roof, where Flies is. "...starting a fire might not be a good idea. It could make getting up and down the ladder dangerous." Cowers answers.
"I Think we should not bother with a fire, for now. Just barricade the doors, maybe have someone sleep by them." WalksBriskly says.
Walks nods and starts putting boxes and heavy things against the door as soon as everybody is inside the building. That might not work for the large gate, since it opens towards the outside, but it will block the smaller doors. Walks and Cowers help him. They see the large gate has metal brackets and they also find the bar intended to lock it properly. Walks and Wants go to sleep, while Cowers and Flies take the first watch.
On the roof, Flies only hears some animal sounds. The most common ones are hooting owls and howling wolves. Cowers hears a quietly whimper outside the gate, followed by something scratching against itsÔÇÖ wood. After a while it stops and nothing else happens till Walks and Wants take over their Turn to keep watch.

Taking Grace's advice, Tinkers gets comfortable in his bed and allow himself to drift off to sleep. Unfortunately, he's a talkative sleeper. "Hmm...maybe if that....goes there...and that....with the monkey...". Seems he is dreaming of mechanisms and machinery.
Coats also continues dreaming his crazy dreams vividly, while Poors lays still.

Grace walks to her and Ages hut. "Age? Excuse me, but I'm going to look for some herbs down the river. It's not very dangerous around this time right?ÔÇØ ÔÇ£Get to bed, i will show you tomorrow. ItÔÇÖs dangerous enough there not to go alone in the nighttime, and furthermore i can easily go there my self. The mayor problems are rare herbs which donÔÇÖt grow around here.ÔÇØ ÔÇ£Can you show me what herbs to look for. I would really like to learn!" ÔÇ£Tomorrow, its nearly dark and even with our crepuscular vision itÔÇÖs hard to identify herbs now.ÔÇØ
Grace does as she is told and goes to sleep, too.

The sun rises again, and a cock wakes up the goblins in the warcamp. The others in the orc village are woken by a dog or wolf howling outside the barn. ItÔÇÖs raining and the clouds are dark and low, mist covers the wet, muddy earth. The barn roof floats outside the mist, like a large boat on the water. The guard on top of the roof (Wants or Walks) can only see the forrest around the village to the north and east, the stronghold and the watchtower. The training hall is smaller than the barn and not visible.

Tinkers and Poor wake up and feel much better, well at least about their wounds. Coats is healed, too, but has a terrible headache, and Poor looks as Coats feels. His red skin has nearly turned to a rose color, just like Coats, whose dark red skin has brightend up. They feel kind of sick and dizzy and when they take a look at each other, the perspective seems to be wrong.
ÔÇ£Ouch!ÔÇØ Poors says.
Tinkers is lucky, he feels ok, but he awakes in terror because of his cohabitant Bones screaming ÔÇ£I am blind! I am blind!ÔÇØ, while he is sitting on his bed, his hands on his eyes and crying. Blood is running down one of his fingers. If Tinkers asks him what happend, he will tell him that he wanted to take a look at Tinkers new weapon and cut himself in his finger. Maybe Tinkers should get a scabbard/sheath for his black dagger?

Grace is awoken by Age. ÔÇ£Time to raise. I think we are out of luck, no weather to collect herbs. But if you wanÔÇÖt we can take a look at those books you brought and see what they are about. Would you please get them from the storage?ÔÇØ

Battle:
- Coats is on full hp again.
- Tinkers is on full hp again.
- Poor is on full hp again. (Quest done)

Map:
- from the top of the barn you could see that the 3 squares east to the orc village are forrest, and that the cliff is directly south of the watchtower. But you could not see what kind of terrain is below the cliff. You unveiled: L5, L6 L7 and the cliff in K8, L8.

Anti-Confusion-Information:
- The night starts when everybody is ÔÇ£in bedÔÇØ. So please do not try to do another full action outside of buildings or in the wildness, if i pronounce dusk. This will only prolong the night for those already in bed, like Coats for example.
If nothing happens, the night will be over the next turn. If something happens, you will play by turns just like during daytime.
- i skipped Jacon since he already ordered Coats to go to bed last turn, and i think all he will do now is keep dreaming. This way the game goes on faster. (hope this is ok Jacon).
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 17

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:10 am

Turn 17
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Waking up to someone screaming next to him, Tinkers is a little more energetic than normal.
"What?? What is it? Are adventurers attacking the camp?" Bones explains what happend "So this happened right after you cut yourself on this dagger? Hmm...I knew it looked odd. We'll have to go to Age immediately. She should be able to fix you up. Come on."
He leads Bones to the Teller's.

Coats awakes from his strange dreams. After taking a moment to stretch and trying to ignore his headache and new skin color the goblin heads outside. It's hard for him to keep his balance, but he chooses to go check on the others in the orc village, so he heads to the boats.
Coats sighs once he takes a step into the boat. He's really to tired and sick to row the bloody thing. So he steps off and wonders off to the teller.

"Good morning Age. You need good weather to collect herbs?" Grace looks surprised. "Yes, it should be dry and there should not be morning dew on them, else they putrefy before you reTurn to the camp. It's harder to collect herbs than it sounds. If you want to collect the upper parts, you should collect them when the sun is high, if you collect roots you should collect them when it is dark. Even better, if there is new moon. Then the agent concentration in the part you want to collect is the highest. You will also need a trommel basket to collect them. That way the get much air and can start to dry. If you would just put them into your backpack or a normal bag, the would putrefy or they would get squashed. I will give you one if you need it. Now get the books please." "Of course, I'll get them right away!" She walks out of the hut, looks up and stretches her arms towards the sky. She looks back into the hut with the books. "What's wrong with rain weather?" "Like i said, the herbs would putrefy. You may search them any time, but you cannot collect them any time. Well, it's good study weather and we got new books. There is nothing like a calm day reading while there is shitty weather outside."

The same second she says 'calm', Tinkers, Bones arrive at her hut, followed shortly by a stagering Coats.
Tinkers explains what happend to Age.
"Sounds like an magic effect, i don't think i can cure that. I only can tend to the cut. But don't worry Bones, i think it will be over soon as far as i learned out of the story i've been told about their comrade in the orc village. Wants was his name, i think. He regained his vision shortly after being cut with this dagger.Bones, just lay down here." she guides him to her bed. "Tinkers, you really should try to find something to put it in. I had a look at the loot you brought home yesterday, please bring me the needles and the rags of the old orc armor. "Maybe we can create a sheath out of it. You will find it in the stor-Oh my god what happend to you!?" she yells when Coats enters the hut. The others also look bewildered at him.
"What the hell is wrong with me?" he says showing her his changed skin and describing his symptoms.
"I got an idea, just let me check!" She goes to her desk and opens the old brown potion again she poured into the pot when brewing the healing balm and smells "Oh, i took this for a old healing potion, but it may be something else. Or may have been. Wait a moment and sit down." She pours the potion into a little cup and adds some ingredients. The potion turns to a blue-grey. "Just like i thought. Well, it seems i took an old potion of gigantism for an old potion of small healing. I'm really sorry! Well, we just have to get you a larger bed i think. Did Poor show the same symptoms?" She also takes a look at Tinkers. "You look ok, seems you were lucky and it didn't effect you."
She takes another potion from a shelf and hands it to Coats together with a wooden spoon. "Drink two spoons. This should take core of the dizziness. Your brain has to learn to coordinate your grown buddy again, and your perspective changed a little bit, since your eyes are now further apart from each other. That takes a while. Grace, please take it to Poors and see if he shows similar symptoms and give him two spoons, too. Then come back, i think i will have to send you and our newborn giant here on a herbal mission to cure the side effects like your colour." After taking the potion Coats starts to feel a little bit better, but i still may take a while to become fully effective. The dizziness and headache get weaker, but his muscles are still sore and the perspective still seems not right yet.
The chief enters. "What is-Oh my god what happend to you?" he yells when he nearly bumped into Coats.

In the orc village:
"It's that wolf again..." WalksBriskly says as he goes over to the main door and opens it.
"W-w-ait, w-what are y-you d-doing? Why a-are we l-letting the w-wolves in?!" Cowers shouts while leaping behind a box and arming herself, while Walks takes out another piece of meat and ofers it to the wolf. "Here boy...Or girl...Didn't really get a good look...". The little wolf walks towards Walks.
"Calm down Cowers one wolf isn't much of a threat." Flies says.
"We should check out that orc strong hold up hill, who's with me?" Wants aks
"The others could start gatherig the loot and bringing it to the boat house." he then suggest.
Flies nods and heads over to the stronghold ands starts looking for a way inside. (I guess Wants follows her?).
The wolf reached the Walks and the meat. But he doesn't take it, but suddenly runs inside and huddles up to the dead orc and starts to whimper again. (He is still leaned against the wall, so he isn't running in Cowers direction).

Trait gained:
Coats and Poor: - tall (no effect yet)
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 18

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:10 am

Turn 18
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"ok guys, flies and I are going to check out the stronghold. Could you collect all the loot and bring it to the boat house? Oh - i left some loot just outside one of the building could anyone bring that with you?" Wants tells the others and leaves with Flies.
When they arrive, the check the place for possible entries. There are not many possibilities. The front gate is large and made of thick wood which doesn't look like it could be battered in or burned through. The walls are far to high for the goblins, at least 10 meters, and 6 of those build with stone. Only a few arrow loops or drainage holes can be found. The arrow loops are above the stone layer, which means 6 meters up the wall. The drainage holes are full of moss and some slimey fouling. But a goblin head (which is the largest part of a goblin) would fit through both of them. There is no backdoor and there is no sidebuilding. All other buildings are at least 20 meters away from the stronghold, so no way to jump in there.
Wants actually finds a giant sign, which shows some spots of weather blood red color.. But there are no letters on it. Seven human skulls are nailed to it with massive, bulky nails. Most of them are missing their jaws, which makes them look more scary.
Flies tries to climb up the wall and manages to get up a little bit, but then she looses grip, since the stones are round and hove no edges, which also means there are no interstices which could help climbing up the wall. The rain makes them even more slippery.

"Ohh...Come on little doggy. He can't help you...Not anymore..." WalksBriskly says, then slowly approaches, holding the meat out and getting closer. The Wolf barks at Walks first but then the barking becomes a howling and whimpering again, as it sees that Walks approaches very slowly. Maybe the piece of meat helped to. It takes the piece of meat and lets Walks pet and comfort it while it eats the meat. He notices it got a leather collar.
"Gooood doggy... nice doggy...." Cowers keeps as much distance between herself and the wolf as possible. "Y-yeah, I-I think I'm g-going t-to take the stockpiled stuff d-down to the boathouse." Cowers gathers as much sets of leather clothes as she can stow in her pack and leaves to to stockpile of charcoal Wants left on the street. It is soaken now, but it will dry up again. When shy tries to cart it to the boathouse, she finds out that the wheelcart is to rotten to use. A part of it's bottom breakes away and the wet coal falls on the street again. Maybe the metal parts can be used to repair the broken wheelbarow in the warcamp?
Except for the metal bucket there is nothing on the pile, since Flies left the wooden training weapons in the training hall. So Cowers starts carrying the charcoal to the boat using the bucket and manages to bring 2/40 loads there this turn.

Coats Raises his now huge hands and points to the teller. "He give me a bad potion.. He says simply. "At first, i am a she, see?" she says while lookin down on her breasts theatrically. "Second, do you think old means bad every time? What would you say, Bones?" "The old goblin smirkes and yells a lout "Like hell!" "Third, don't speak to me in that tone!" She smiles conciliatory, showing him that she isn't really angry. The chief didn't say anything, but smiled for a few moments, before his face turned back to the usual sad look.
Grace picks up her jaw from the ground. She had never seen anything like that. She stands next to Coats tiptoeing and reaching up to measure. "I wonder how much taller you are.." .
She finds out that he grew for about one and a half goblin heads, which leaves him being about as tall as a dwarf. Since they just met Digger, they got a very fresh example to compare. But the growth in size didn't ment he grew in all dimensions. To the contrary, he merely seems stretched and thinner and weaker, as if what had been given to him in height, had been taken from him in width. which leaves his muscles, which now have to move longer limbs, weaker. "After a little training you will thank me. Only very few goblins are born much larger than average, and nearly everyone became a hero of our tribe. I learned that the survivors of the clan of the rocks were taller, i think the brought that kind of heritage into our clan. But none of them, except for the original survivors were nearly as large as you are. My mistake was a gift to you by Maglubiyet, accept it and don't complain!" she sermonizes with exuberant faith. "You mission will be part of your training." "I'll be right back..."
"Where are you..." the chief starts but stops since Coats is already gone.
Coats walks to the chest and checks out the orcs armor, helmet, shield and large sword to see if he can wield any of them. The armor and shield is still to large, but he could use the ancient orcish rune long sword , but only as a +3 two-handed sword, since he still is to weak to wield it with one hand and use it to its full power.
Meanwhile, Grace takes the potion to Poor and murmurs to herself on the way "Ok, how was is now. Leaves when it's dry, roots during full moon. Use a trommel basket. Hmm.. I wonder what a trommel is. I better ask Age when I get back..." She enters his hut.
"Oh, Poor little guy!! Or ... little might be quite misleading. Age told me to give you this!"
Grace pours the potion into Poors mouth as he lies down. Two spoons. She lies down on the floor beside him to measure how tall he has become. He is about as large as Coats now, but he looks weaker and thinner, since he had fewer muscles to start with when the growth took place. "You haven't become a hobgoblin right?" Grace laughs and joins in. "Thanks. I hope it's not that bad...a hobgoblin..." He lifts his hand and takes a look at it.
Coats returns to the teller hut and reports back "Ok i'm ready to get herbs..." "I appreciate your eagerness, but first i will have to teach Grace what to look for. You may use that time to train your attenuated muscles." "I will tend to that!" Chief Appears says, leaving the hut and indicating Coats to follow him by waving with his forefinger. "I just have the right job for you to train!"
After Grace and Coats are gone, Age turns to Bones. "How is your vision doing?" "I can see light again." Bones answers and waits patiently.
"Hmm...a dagger that blinds people..." Tinkers mutters to himself as he walks out of the tent, quickly losing interest in whatever else was going on. Remembering how dangerous it could be, he goes to the Storage building to retrieve the supplies for Age and the sneaky clothes, then he returns.
"I brought the supplies to make a sheath for this blade" he takes out the clothes and adds "Oh and I also brought these clothes. If we have the time today, I'd like to see if we could tailor these to fit me. I rather like the look of them. I'll understand if there's a little too much going on at the moment though." "First things first. I will show you how to make a leather sheath, after that sewing some linen will be a piece of cake. First cut out two pieces of leather out of the armor rags, shaped like the daggers blade, but two finger wider at each side..." she continues to instruct him.
When Grace returns to Age, she starts showing her the herbs she has to search on some illustrations. They are not very good, but detailed enough and show the most important criterions to differ them from similar herbs. She also finds some better paintings in one of the books the group lootet. She lets Grace draw copies of the pictures.

Traits:
Tinkers starts basic sewing training with Age.
Grace starts basic herbalism training with Age.
Coats starts a yet unknown training with Appears.

Loot:
boathouse:
2 buckets of charcoal move to the boathouse by Cowers
2 sets of leather clothes move to the boathouse by Cowers (more doesn't fit into the backpack)
found but now collected yet:
38 buckets of charcoal
1 metal bucket
1 set of metal parts for a wheel barrow
1 anvil (to heavy to carry, would also sink the boat)
? wooden training weapons
? sets of leather clothes (orc)
? sets of leather clothes (orc children)
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 19

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:10 am

Turn 19
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

At the orc stronghold:
"Flies could you give me a hand?, I want to try to crawl my way into those drain holes and open the stronghold from the inside. If you hear me scream or if im not out in a couple of minutes I want you to get the others, ok ?"
Flies looks at drainage holes and mutters "The things we do for our clan".
Aloud she says "I think we should crawl through there but I'm not letting you go alone I'll come with you"
The try to climb up, but still on top of each other they can't reach the hole. It's very slippery on the wet ground, but the manage not to topple. But even together they can only reach up till about 2,5 meters. But the lower edge of the hole is 4,5 meters up the stone wall. They will need help or tools or a construction. Also the hole would be very slippery due to the rain, even if only little water flows out of it.

"It's going to be alright...We'll take care of you...Uhh..." WalksBriskly says to the wolf as he pets it, slowly checking it's collar for a name as well as subtly checking it's gender as well. When he looks at the leather collar, he finds the name NAUHIR stitched into it. The wolf lies still and seems absent minded. When Walks says the name on the plate, it looks and gets up, barks at him and runs out of the building. He sees that it is male. If he leaves the building, he sees that Nauhir is gone. He cannot find him.

"Ugh...there's got to be a faster way to do this..." Cowers walks back to the storage barn and filles the empty backpack of the adventurer with goblin sized clothes. She can fit about 5 sets in it. She marches to the broken cart and puts the backpack in trying to strap it onto the cart. But the sides of the cart are to rotten and break away when she fastens the straps. Without their support the cart collapses completely and only the metal handles and the wheel and its mounting remain intact. She sighs and brings the backpacks and the cartparts to the boathouse. She will have to use the metal bucket the move the remaining coal to the boathouse.

In the village the others mainly continue their training.
Age shows Tinkers how to cut leather while Grace continues to draw pictures of different herb plants. It isn't easy and he slips, cutting himself a little bit. Leather is tougher if you are working on it than it seems during a battle. But on the other hand, during battle the main thing is to penetrate it and cause damage. But you don't have to be exact. But you cannot cut a exact and carved line, if you use all your strength he finds out, but doesn't waste much leather. After a while he manages to get two parts out of the scrap armour, shaped like his dagger, only wider.

Appears takes Coats to the jetty first after he put the weapons into the chest, and tells some fisherman to get the other goblins when they are done fishing. Then they walk into the woods until they reach a slight slope which they walk up. On top Coats sees that there is a sharp brim with trees growing on it. Appears slides down the gravel flank and then looks for rocks which have about the size of a head. "This one is fine. We need some of those for the warcamp, so lets go. Welcome to your training!" He smiles impishly. Appears lifts one of the rocks which seems quite heavy for him and starts carrying to the warcamp. He gasps "Follow me - with a rock as large as you think you can handle!". Coats sees many stones lying around him in a size he could carry. He does some warmup pushups, then he lifts a stone too and follows Appears.

Traits:
Tinkers basic sewing training 1/5
Coats continues a yet unknown training involving carrying stones with Appears 1/10
Grace continues basic herbalism training with Age 1/5

Loot:
into the chest:
1 short sword (+2 ATK) (10 g)
boathouse:
2 buckets of charcoal moved into the boathouse by Cowers
7 sets of leather clothes moved into the boathouse by Cowers (more doesn't fit into the backpack)
1 set of metal parts from a wheelbarrow
found but now collected yet:
38 buckets of charcoal
1 metal bucket
1 anvil (to heavy to carry, would also sink the boat)
? wooden training weapons
? sets of leather clothes (orc)
? sets of leather clothes (orc children)

Quests:
- fill the chest (232/500) (partially done)

Anti-Confusion-Information:
- There is not fix Turn the fisherman drive to the orc, i want it to base on your actions. If the players in the warcamp drive there first, then they won't drive there too.
- Remember that one of your tasks is "check the abandoned orc village" which is more like "be able to draw a map of it later and see what buildings are there and what is around there" than "loot everything there is on the first mission which took you there".
- Coats can only wear dwarf-sized armor now. The size of weapon he can wield will stay the same until his muscle training will take effect. He still can use his holey leather armor, since all the holes make it stretchable enough.
This user has beenbanned

Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4875

Turn 20

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:11 am

Turn 20
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Flies you stay here i'll go get the others" Wants commands and heads off.
"If I remember correctly we had a ladder back in the village if we had that we could get in there." Flies mutters to herself.
"Wait did he just say something to me?"
Flies shrugs then heads into an unexplored area of the orc village.
Cowers returns to the storage barn. "Hey, Walks, do you mind giving me a hand? I'm planning to haul the crate full of adult-sized orc clothing back to the boathouse, but I can't do it by myself."
"Nauhir...What? Ohh, yes, I'll help you."
She tries to fit some more child-sized clothing in the adult crate, but it is nearly full. She only gets in a few more. The remaining ones Walks puts into his backpack. When they just got outside with the crate which is quite heavy for only two persons, Wants reaches them.
"Hey, we need your help theirs a stronghold uphill, but it's to high for me to reach on my own. I need your help! Who's with me?"
Cowers replies, "Um, sure. Just give us a minute to finish up here!"
He nods and runs into a house close by. After a minute he drags out a table he tipped on its side to get through the door. He then pushes it over and drags it upside down behind himself towards the stronghold, since it is to heavy for him to carry. Orc tables are made heavy and sturdy! Cowers and Walks manage to get the crate into the boathouse and reTurn to the stronghold, just when Wants arrives there with the table. But Flies is gone, wandering around elsewhere. She only spots normal houses, but is close to the boundary of the village leading towards the tower over a nearly flat grass field.

Coats picks up a fairly heavy rock and follows the chief. It is very hard for him to carry it, even harder than it was before growing, but he manages not to drop it and follow the chief. When the reach the warcamp, Appears drops his rock close to the storage, and so does Coats. Then Appears leads them both back to the stone field and picks up another rock. "And again!" he says to Coats, his face a mix of a smile and a laborious grimace.

The teller shows Tinkers how to put some twine into the needle, using spit to bring the frayed end into a pointy form. She hands the needle and a role of durable twine to Tinkers. He tries to put it into the eye without spit, but doesn't succeed. When he makes it wet, it still takes him many tries, but then it is done. "Fine. Now try to stitch it through some leather parts we don't need." He tries to push it through, but the leather is very hard to penetrate. The needle is more likely to enter his finger than the leather. Age smiles and hands him over a thimble for one of his finger, which has a little dimple in it.
Grace is absolutely absorbed by her studies. She keeps drawing pictures of plants. She spreads them out over the floor of the hut, comparing them and noting the differences and similarities. Studying makes her hungry though... "Age, is it possible to plant bushes with berries in the camp? Can we grow our own herbs right here? I mean, then we wouldn't have to search for them, and we could have a small supply nearby." "Good idea, i will think about that. I already grow some herbs here in the garden, but some are hard to grow since they require a special climate."

Traits:
Tinkers basic sewing training 2/5
Coats continues a yet unknown training involving carrying stones with Appears 2/10
Grace continues basic herbalism training with Age 2/5

Loot:
boathouse:
1 crate of orc adult leather clothes moved into the boathouse by Cowers and Walks
5 sets of orc child leather clothes moved into the boathouse by Cowers and Walks
1 backpack moved into the boathouse by Cowers
1 box of arrowheads moved into the boathouse by Walks
12 arrows moved into the boathouse by Walks
1 set of human clothes moved into the boathouse by Cowers

Anti-Confusion-Information:
- Cowers still has 4 items in her backpack, does she want to put them into the boathouse at well? 1 small healing potion, 2 unidentified potions (1 grey, 1 yellow), 1 string with a bell.
- I also put some items from Cowers and Walks backpack into the boathouse which they don't need right now and which you maybe forgot, hope thats ok.
This user has beenbanned

Post Reply