MyrMen: Final Action!

For all games that are now over.
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: MyrMen 5th month 2nd year, week 2

Post by LAYF » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:57 pm

No special reason it should not work.. just remember Workers strength is only 2 vs the dragon beetles 6. so even all 3 vs 1, they only have 50/50 chance of hitting it (3 times do) and it does more damage than them
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Well, 2 other choices are:
Do nothing and hope the invisible workers stay out of the way and the MM does not get damaged.
Vote to explicitly tell the workers to avoid the beatle.

I don't have a strong preference, but I do think players should choose.

Edit:
male beatle info:
-Standard Strength 6
-Standard damage 1d3-1
-Average health 5

Workers have 2 HP. A shield, if they made them, has a 20% chance of absorbing a HP or 3 of damage.

Looking at those numbers, I'd say if a worker gets caught alone without a shield, he's toast. If 3 workers with shields attack at once, some of them might live. 3 workers total HP = 6. 3 workers with shields maximum total 'HP' = 15. I'd say some chance is better than no chance, unless someone wants to run back there.

My vote is for build a shield and battleax and have the workers attack the male beatle enmass.
Last edited by ThroughTheWell on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Sure... if players do not choose, the workers will just defend them self!
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Ohh, if they built Battle axes, they'ed gain +1 strenght (each?). Equiped with battleaxes and shields, I'd say they'ed likely win.

So LAYF, can the MM build 3 shileds and 3 battle axes for the workers to pick up this turn? It has been awhile since we've built things or used resources, so I'd just like to know what the correct answer is. Thanks.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Well.. yea'ish each player can order one of each, so you need 3 players to order the things. but sure...
-Best regards LAYF

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:22 pm

I also order battle axe and shield

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Post by Nolandking » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Dolan use 4 xp to increase his health

Action 1: Dolan continue his battle against the red by heading down the ladder to attack the next red MyrMen

Vote on using 1 warfare point to go into a "berserk mode"
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Ohh, that is an idea. Can something like a warfare or monster lore skill point be used by the workers, and help them in the fight against the beatle? Sort of a know your enemy and how to fight them kind of thing. If so, I'll happily vote FOR allowing them to use 1 of each of those too, or even 1 of one of those each, say 3 Monster Lore for the 3 workers total.

Edit: Monster Lore explicitly says it can be used to help in a fight against monsters, so the remaining question is can the workers use that if we vote for that?

Also, the Status says there is 1 battle ax already at X1, aka the MM, so all we need is for 1 more player to build a shield and all 3 of the workers would be equiped with a battle axe and shield.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:04 pm

ThroughTheWell wrote:Ohh, that is an idea. Can something like a warfare or monster lore skill point be used by the workers, and help them in the fight against the beatle? Sort of a know your enemy and how to fight them kind of thing. If so, I'll happily vote FOR allowing them to use 1 of each of those too, or even 1 of one of those each, say 3 Monster Lore for the 3 workers total.

Edit: Monster Lore explicitly says it can be used to help in a fight against monsters, so the remaining question is can the workers use that if we vote for that?
Yes, the monster lore can be used for anyone, (all lore can) but it must be voted on, in case of ties, players gets first..
Monster lore grants bonus vs monsters, and warfare a smaller bonus, but against anything. if used to gain a bonus, the same point cannot be used to invent something!
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:20 pm

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:10 pm

If the workers are not fully equipped, D will order a battleaxe and shield for them.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 am

With a nice and calm voice Theis says "Now you should just stay here okay? If you are nice and quiet then you will remain out of future harm now and I'll come back and make sure you don't die of this procedure. Fighting back would be futile since you can only run into my tribe at the moment, and I doubt they will look at you with any kind of mercy." to the red myrman

Action 1: Move down into the fighting area
Action 2: Cast shield on allied myrmen closest to the fighting
Action 3: Cast shield on allied myrmen closest to the fighting (including T-5)

If necessary Action 4: spend SA to get another action and move close enough to the frontline to cast the shield spell on them (including self)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:45 am

Alright- I'm going to spend 20 EXP and become a lvl4 foreman- Now THAT should be helpful...

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:10 am

M0rtimer wrote:8-2, now stabilized, rushes into battle- Being the one helper for T5, while still providing his bonus to others.
ThroughTheWell wrote:I, T5, if I am able, do the following:
Assist whomever comes to help and heal me.
Retreats to the tunnel to complete my heal.
Dlover wrote:D will move to heal T5.
"Get him out of there! And the rest come and help us, we have to destroy their mother machine, they keep arming themselves!" Achilles shouts, alarming the others about T5's situation. 8-2 and I will give you cover!"
That said, 8-2 and Achilles rush into the battle, trying to shield themselves and especially T5. As soon as they reach T5, Achilles will defend the others while they drag him back into the cover behind the mother machine and let D take care of T5. If he can, he will hit the guy who just armed himself hard if he gets close enough.

I am spending a SA this turn for an extra action.

1 - throw spear sticking in his shield at the first red myrman (battle-axe wielding?)
2- go forward to where T5 is. If after 8-2's action an enemy is close enough to get hit in melee, hit him, focus on the armed master myrman at the mother machine, if he is not killed by the spear. If he is already down by the spear, go for the next.
3 - I think the others take care of T5, so attack once again with an prepared strike. If they do not for some reason: Grab T5, drag T5 back behind the mother machine so he is a bit more save.
4 - boost the second attack with aimed strike if there is one, else the first. If there is no attack to boost with the extra action, I will not spend the SA.

In any case: provide cover and commander bonus on those around the mother machine (especially the +10% to not get hit might become important this turn), as this sounds like a passive ability, so no action requiered for it.

@Through the well: I really hope we can save you and not get another one of us shot down into the minus points. If not more join the fight, we might think about sabotaging the mother machine and retreat until we are healed back. This is why I wanted to hit it this turn.
Last edited by Nerre on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:zzz:

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:18 pm

We don't really need to destroy their mother machine only because some puny red master myrman managed to survive previous turn and arm himself. He is the only one who can benefit from mother machine and he will be dead soon.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:42 pm

IMHO, if one of us is forward of their MM, then they can't use it to build stuff. Therefore, I'd recommend hitting it only as you retreat past it, and instead focus on hitting red guys as the best way of keeping them from using it. Killing the MM is a 'salt the earth' tactic, which is a "we're losing" stance. If we will ALL fight, I don't think we total are losing, and I'd not mind so much dieing if we gained their functioning MM.

Will anyone else vote for allowing our workers to use Monster Lore skill points to fight the beatle by our MM?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:49 am

I repeatedly read "if we all fight". That is what some of us tried to do for many turns: rally most of us so we can overwhelm then. But for some time we were only 2 fighting, now 4, with a second battle on the top of the hill. Now those on top of the hill are coming down, so we might have a better chance. But so far, "if we all fight" just did not even remotely happen. :/

We need ranged fighters, the dark artists abilities read so powerful, how about joining us and shoot some of the spear throwers down from their platforms. :)

I will change my post, hope it works out fine.

I vote for the workers to use Monster lore to learn how to fight known monsters. Maybe we are lucky and one of them gets a trait from it he can later teach the rest.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:01 am

yeah....im not gonna fight... i've got work to do.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:55 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:An important announcement
► Show Spoiler

All rules are now to be found in the recourses thread Here
SA and FH roll, here
Keep me honest if I forget actions or other things...
3rd year, 5th month ( Month of the creeps) 3rd Week
Places of interest (Frames):
Full map with grid:
► Show Spoiler

Current missions:
.[tabs: Historical sites I]
-a layer of dirt, 2 blocks thick must be removed all around the Hut site
-a layer of stone or reinforced walls, must be build
-all MyrMen Gets 2 XP
-the MyrMen removing the dirt and putting up the reinforcement will share an extra 10 XP (Equally divided among them, any extra point is lost)
BONUS:
-If this is done without damaging the hut, the tribe receives 4 History skill points and an extra 2 XP to all the MyrMen
[tabs: This means war]
-The first red MyrMen worker that is killed will give 2 XP to all MyrMen
-The first red MyrMen warrior that is killed will give 4 XP to all MyrMen
-The first red Master MyrMen that is killed will give 6 XP to all MyrMen
-Eradicating the red MyrMen will earn all MyrMen 10 XP.
BONUS:
-Freeing a purple MyrMan prisoner will give the tribe a new Skill point type: Diplomacy, and 4 Diplomacy points.
-Each extra freed purple MyrMan will give the tribe a Diplomacy point and 1 XP to all MyrMen
-Unknown Bonus I
-Unknown Bonus II[/tabs]

This is the second week in the month of the creeps, the Greater chance of creeps coming through the walls!
ÔÇâ

8-1 ÔÇ£8ÔÇØ Rushes into battle, trying to get a hold of T ÔÇ£5ÔÇØ D ÔÇ£2ÔÇØ quickly follows, and together, the 3 MyrMen does all they can to save T ÔÇ£5ÔÇØ but even with the great advices from 8-1 ÔÇ£8ÔÇØ and D ÔÇ£2ÔÇØ ÔÇÖs battle hardened medical experience his injury is simply too severe, and slowly, his life drains out of him, and down into the water below!
► Show Spoiler
Zik ÔÇ£6ÔÇØ using the knowledge of the tribe, analyzes the walls that keeps the beetles in! It is some kind of iron/crystal combination, making a strong surface that would take weeks to dig through even with the best of tools and is at the same time highly resistant to acid!
She then decides to fire a bolt at a beetle, causing it to scream and roar, suddenly she hears, the sound of many more down there than she can see!

Mike ÔÇ£3ÔÇØ enraged by the death of one of his tribe members, rushes forward, grabs one of the spears on the ground, and with the knowledge that his friends are near, throws the spear with all his might! Killing the persistent MyrMan that destroyed his fried!

Dolan ÔÇ£9ÔÇØ flies down the stairs, foam around his mouth, the distress pheromones in the air have triggered some kind of rage in him, attacking the first 2 non allied he runs into! Killing one red myrman out right, and hurting the purple myrman thing! The other Red myrmen is furious, and 3 myrmen throws spears at him, and 2 hits, but he keeps moving, his rage fuelling him he does not know what damage he have suffered, he knows only rage!
► Show Spoiler
Achilles ÔÇ£4ÔÇØ stands vigilant and defends the body of T ÔÇ£5ÔÇØ and his alies around him, but no one comes close, and now one attacks them, they are all to occupied with the raging Dolan ÔÇ£9ÔÇØ

Theis ÔÇ£1ÔÇØ rushes forward, as he releases his hold on the red MyrMan in front of him, it just falls lifelessly down the cliff ending its fall with a dull *Dump* he continues forward and shields his allies, including T ÔÇ£5ÔÇØ, but first after he has cast the spell, he notes that the body does not move!

Mint ÔÇ£1ÔÇØ and ÔÇ£4ÔÇØ , gets to work, the worm by flattening out the ground, and Mint ÔÇ£1ÔÇØ by hauling all the building stones to the mothermachine, while working Mint ÔÇ£1ÔÇØ thinks up new ways to climb! A lot of new ways!

Only 4 Red MyrMen stands!

The MyrMen can still feel the pheromones of their workers rage, they are fighting the Dragon beetle and while it is really hurt, because of their team work, and the tools you ordered for them! it sadly also managed to damage one of them! One worker is hurt, but still alive, the beetle is still alive, barely

///This is just to save it///
► Show Spoiler
///----///
ÔÇâ
Players & NPCÔÇÖs
.[tabs: Mint ÔÇ£1ÔÇØ] BadgeAddict, Mint ÔÇ£1ÔÇØ 2HP, 2XP, Speed 10
SA: 10. FH: 1.
Born Year 1, 2nd month, 1st week
-Climber level 4
-Metal miner
-Tunneler level 2
INVENTORY 4/10+10
-Pick axe.
-Shovel
-8 cobber
-8 iron
-Bag (- can hold 10 units of solids)
[tabs: D ÔÇØ2ÔÇØ] Dlover, D ÔÇØ2ÔÇØ 2HP, 10XP, Speed 10
SA: 6. FH: 3.
-Accelerated
-Analyst
-Doctor level 2
-Cure green gas sickness
INVENTORY 0/10
-Axe
[tabs: Mike ÔÇ£3ÔÇØ] Gamecreator, Mike ÔÇ£3ÔÇØ 4HP, 8XP, Speed 10
SA: 6. FH: 0.
-Accelerated
-inventor
-Mineral miner
-Aimed strike
INVENTORY 6/10+10
-shovel pickaxe
-bag (Can hold 10 units of non liquids. )
-Sling
-10 Sling bullets
[tabs: Achilles ÔÇ£4ÔÇØ] Nerre, Achilles ÔÇ£4ÔÇØ 3HP, 4XP, Speed 9 rounds)
SA: 6. FH: 1.
Born Year 1, 6th month, 3rd week
-Hero level 3
-Inventor
- Aimed strike
-Diving for beginners
-Commanders vision: Whenever the Myrman with this ability fights, other myrmen on his side within sight and 60 pixels gains +10% to avoid and deal damage! Requires Hero or guard!
INVENTORY 9/10
-pick axe
-Simple Shield (1 HP)
-Battle Axe
-1 Seeing stone
[tabs: T ÔÇ£5ÔÇØ] ThroughTheWell, T ÔÇ£5ÔÇØ DEAD 2 (-1)HP, 6XP, Speed 10
SA: 5. FH: 1.
-Accelerated
-Inventor level 3
-Metal miner
-Builder
-Aimed strike
-Diving for beginners
-Farming 101
INVENTORY 9/10+5
-Gasmask (does not take up space, works for 3 rounds more)
-Bucket (Can hold 5 units of fluid)
-pick axe
-30 pixel rope.
-2 leather
SharmanÔÇÖs Talisman
[tabs: Zik ÔÇ£6ÔÇØ] Kida, Zik ÔÇ£6ÔÇØ 4HP, 9XP, Speed 10
SA: 2. FH: 1.
Born Year 1, 2nd month, 2nd week
-Scientist level 3
-Dark artist Level 2
-Hero level 2
- Bolt- range 50 pixels, damage 1d4-2. for purpose of hitting, it counts as a strength 4 attack - Simple spell 75% chance to cast <- AUTO CAST DARK ARTIST
-Charm beast - touch range, a 1d6-2 vs. opponent strength chance to charm target beast, the beast must have some way of felling affection - Simple spell 75% chance to cast <- AUTO CAST DARK ARTIST
-Thunder bolt- range 60 pixels, damage 1d4-2. for purpose of hitting, it counts as a strength 5 attack, When it hits it also deliver a 1 damage attack of strength 2 to everyone within 10 pixels of target - Normal spell 50% chance of success
- Summon Fire Wasp - Summons a Fire wasp, The fire wasp must be thrown just after summoned, else it will attack the summoner.- Simple spell 75% chance to cast <- AUTO CAST DARK ARTIST
INVENTORY 7/10
-Simple Shield (3 HP)
-Axe
-Shovel
-1 - 20 pixel rope!
[tabs: 8-2 ÔÇ£8ÔÇØ] m0rtimer, 8-2 ÔÇ£8ÔÇØ 3(2) HP, 9XP, Speed 10
SA: 8. FH: 4.
Re-Born Year 1, 3rd month, 3rd week
-Forman level 4
-Contractor
-Scientist
-Iron mining 101
INVENTORY 2/10
-Shovel Pickaxe
-Sling
[tabs: Dolan ÔÇ£9ÔÇØ] Nolandking, Dolan ÔÇ£9ÔÇØ 2HP, 9XP, Speed 10
SA: 4. FH: 1.
Born Year 2, 2nd month, 1stweek
-Guard level 2
INVENTORY 2/10
Battle axe!
[tabs: Theis ÔÇ£1ÔÇØ ] Theis2, Theis ÔÇ£1ÔÇØ 2HP, 2XP, Speed 10
SA: 1. FH: 1.
Born Year 1, 4th month, 2nd week
-Dark artist level 5
-Doctor
-Protective aura; can be cast un up to 2 MyrMen at a time- Whenever struck by an attack, the damage dealt has 25% chance to affect the aggressor instead of the defender (touch range) Simple spell 75% chance to cast <- AUTO CAST DARK ARTIST
- Summon Fire Wasp - Summons a Fire wasp, The fire wasp must be thrown just after summoned, else it will attack the summoner.- Simple spell 75% chance to cast <- AUTO CAST DARK ARTIST
- Glide; the target can glide 4 squares for each square they fall, falling more than 2 squares this way have 50% chance to deal 1 damage per square - Simple spell 75% chance to cast <- AUTO CAST DARK ARTIST
- Lift; Lift 1 pixel/dark artist level of material at a distance up to 50 pixels.- Simple spell 75% chance to cast <- AUTO CAST DARK ARTIST
- Steal legs; stops one opponent, hindering them from moving. They have 10% chance/strength of doing actions in their place. - Normal spell 50% chance of success
INVENTORY 7/10
-1 Seeing stone
-Spear
-Simple Shield (3 HP)

[tabs: Worker ÔÇ£1ÔÇØ ] ÔÇ£1ÔÇØ 1HP
War axe
Simple shield (3 HP)
[tabs: Worker ÔÇ£2ÔÇØ ] ÔÇ£2ÔÇØ 2HP
War axe
Simple shield (3 HP)
[tabs: Worker ÔÇ£3ÔÇØ ] ÔÇ£3ÔÇØ 2HP
War axe
Simple shield (3 HP)
[tabs: Tamed Cave Worm ÔÇ£4ÔÇØ ] ÔÇ£4ÔÇØ 2HP
-Tunneler level 3
-Length 13
-Shovel head
-Worm sight Level 1: The worm will be able to see what materials is right in front of it
INVENTORY 0/2[/tabs]

Awaiting characters:
Davecom3, 1/5 to a character.
Jrlans, 1/5 to a character.
Nolandking, 4/5 to a character
Ttwig, 5/5 to a character.
WearsHats, 4/5 to a character.
ÔÇâ
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

Dlover
Game Master

Re: MyrMen 5th month 2nd year, week 3

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:31 pm

D continues his battlefield doctoring, despite the failure.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:40 am

"T5!!!"
Achilles roars through the cave. Enraged by the death of his friend, he charges past Dolan, furiously attacking the red myrman still standing, ignoring the purple ones. "Take revenge!" he shouts. If one is disarmed or without weapons, he will take him captive.
If all red myrmen he can reach on the ground are dead before Dolan's and his actions are used up, he will pick up spears from the corpses and throw them on the red myrman on the platforms.
"Shoot down those two up there!" he yells at his friends.
If all red myrmen he can reach on the ground are dead before Dolan's and his actions are used up, and there is no spear around, he will ask Dolan to give him a boost, trying to jump to the lower platform.

Actions:
1,2,3 charge and attack, attack twice if possible.
Passive: granting Commanders vision to those around.

Vote on the armed workers to gang up on the bug before it can damage the pump.
Vote on the mute purple guy, if he already recovered enough, to come down and help us to convince the large purple being to join us as well. (Maybe a queen)?

As the game ends: vote on using physical points for the attacks and the jump (if the jump happens).
Last edited by Nerre on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:36 am

Mike will grab nearest spear and throw it into a red myrman on the lower platform, using aimed strike. If his target is still alive, Mike will shoot him using aimed strike and whatever SA needed (I believe it's 4: 3 for second attack + 1 for 5th action) .

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:52 am

Zik use XP to become 3rd level dark artist.

Actions:
1. Fire lightning bolt at the beetle using SA +dark art point to get extrra damage
Use FH to get a second turn
2. Fire lightning bolt at whatever beetle still standing using SA + dark art point to get extra damage

Ye, I know i'm spamming but it's end of game.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:10 am

mint and mr. worm will continue flattening out the ground to the left, if he reaches the other side, he will begin making a 45 degree angle slope down and to the right. (after reaching the end of this Plateau)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:54 am

I just re-read previous turn in light of what TTW and LAYF said in OOC. And I think that workers still could lose their battle. So:
Vote for workers to use 1 Monster lore skill point to help them in battle (1 for: gamecreator)