Rating wars II: Electric boogaloo (Finals)

For all games that are now over.
vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Rating wars II: Electric boogaloo (round 2)

Post by vidius » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:37 am

Dusk9 wrote:Pfft, silly people! Don't you know the best way to win is to wait until the last minute, then write 5000 words in two days :roll:
two days? are you increasing your time limit Dusk?

I thought you did 5000 word all nighters fueled by coffee, wine, and satanic rituals.
"Winter is coming"

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:00 am

Nah, not even close.

I don't like coffee or wine :P

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:14 am

Would that mean that you like satanic rituals?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:23 am

What?! No, of course not :roll:

He knows too much, my lord. We must prepare the Evidence Remover 3000 for use. Again.

:paranoia:

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:28 pm

gamecreator wrote:Would that mean that you like satanic rituals?
PMSL!
Dusk9 wrote:Nah, not even close.

I don't know if we can be friends anymore :P Coffee is my 6:00 am - 5:00 pm life, wine is my 7:00 pm - 12:00 pm life.
"Winter is coming"

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:47 pm

vidius wrote:
Dusk9 wrote:Pfft, silly people! Don't you know the best way to win is to wait until the last minute, then write 5000 words in two days :roll:
two days? are you increasing your time limit Dusk?

I thought you did 5000 word all nighters fueled by coffee, wine, and satanic rituals.
Ow my, I have to quote this to my classmates :P!
I hazz egg :D

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 pm

vidius wrote:

I don't know if we can be friends anymore :P Coffee is my 6:00 am - 5:00 pm life, wine is my 7:00 pm - 12:00 pm life.
Pfft. Irn Bru all day, every day :roll: :P

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Dusk9 wrote:
vidius wrote:

Pfft. Irn Bru all day, every day :roll: :P
^ that right there, that is the one of the many things I miss about Scotland. Although it has been launched down here in Aus now, but it's not 80 pence a can :(
"Winter is coming"

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Dusk9, I must say I did not truly appreciate the length of your story until I compared it to mine. You did do a nice job :).
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:46 am

I already know how my thing will go, but I need to write it. That's the hard part.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am

Working on my 3rd draft. I will try and have it in by the end of this day (forum time)
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:08 pm

...i lost the ability of doing this... I keep on breaking down....

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:20 pm

That is too bad, I was looking forward to seeing you beat me. I hope that everything improves for you soon :(.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:53 pm

I have way too much on my plate without this...

Ramsa

Post by Ramsa » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:23 pm

I take it you won't finish in time?
There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:35 pm

*shakes head* There's no point...I...I can't even think of much...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:21 am

Alright, it is time- Though it saddens me to see that two people have not been able to submit their entries on time. :( Regardless- Enjoy the other submissions.

Round 2: battles

Lingrem's Naklin versus Ramsa's Konor Dunai
Naklin:
Naklin sat along the shore of the river, resting as she watched Nanook in the water. It was a large river, but nothing compared to the Arctic waters that Nanook was used to. The cliff that ran along the opposite shore, however, was quite a new situation. They had travelled far in hopes of attaining the Stone that would allow Naklin to achieve her greatest desire; the chance to live life free from the cold. But the cliff face had proven an obstacle: there was no way up. So the two had stopped to take a break while Naklin considered the situation.

ÔÇ£I am sorry you are so hungry Nanook,ÔÇØ she called out quietly to the polar bear in his own language.

Throwing another fish onto the shore, Nanook shook some of the water off his fur and responded. ÔÇ£That last was for you, Naklin.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I thank you,ÔÇØ Naklin said, getting up and finding the fish. It was a species she didnÔÇÖt recognize, but she shrugged as she tore a chunk off with her teeth. ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs not bad,ÔÇØ she said with her mouth full.

ÔÇ£Not as tasty as salmon though,ÔÇØ Nanook said as he lumbered out of the water. ÔÇ£Or seals,ÔÇØ he added as he swallowed another one of the unfamiliar fish.

ÔÇ£Do you think weÔÇÖre nearly there?ÔÇØ Naklin said while they ate, pushing some of her long white hair out of the way of her face. ÔÇ£Or do you think I have time to bathe?ÔÇØ she said, noticing that her white hair and fur was looking much more brown than normal.

The polar bear let out a rumble deep in his throat, which Naklin understood to be his laugh. The rumble stopped abruptly as Nanook lifted his head to sniff at the air. ÔÇ£SomeoneÔÇÖs coming. It smells strange.ÔÇØ

Scrambling onto NanookÔÇÖs back to see further, Naklin was barely visible when the newcomer came within sight.

It was a person, of a similar shape to Naklin, but much larger and darker. And with a lot less hair, and no fur at all that they could see. ÔÇ£Is he a Yeti?ÔÇØ Nanook said to Naklin.

ÔÇ£I donÔÇÖt think so,ÔÇØ she whispered back ÔÇ£heÔÇÖs not white, and he has no fur! But look at all the scars on him, he must be a fighter of some sort.ÔÇØ

The man stopped immediately when he saw the polar bear. ÔÇ£What the?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs just a bear, ignore it!ÔÇØ the man said, in an altered voice.

ÔÇ£Who is he talking to?ÔÇØ Nanook asked.

ÔÇ£Shh Nanook, I donÔÇÖt know!ÔÇØ Naklin whispered.

ÔÇ£What?ÔÇØ the man said in his original voice. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm not doing that. ThereÔÇÖs no need to kill the bear.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Kill me?ÔÇØ Nanook growled, muscles tensing underneath Naklin. Naklin squeezed his back tightly, worried that he would react

ÔÇ£What if itÔÇÖs a Druid, transformed?ÔÇØ the man said in a third voice.

Nanook turned his head to look at Naklin questioningly. She shrugged, and watched the man curiously. It seemed as if he was having a conversation with himself, and she wasnÔÇÖt sure what to make of it. SheÔÇÖd never encountered such a strange being. ÔÇ£Why donÔÇÖt we just leave?ÔÇØ Naklin whispered to Nanook. Nanook nodded, and turned to head back in to the water. But as he turned, a strong breeze swept down the river, pulling NaklinÔÇÖs hair far away from her body.

ÔÇ£ThereÔÇÖs something else there!ÔÇØ the second voice of the man shouted, and the man started towards them.

Naklin quickly stood up on NanookÔÇÖs back, balancing by gripping his fur with her toes. She waved to the man ÔÇ£Hail, friend! I am Naklin!ÔÇØ she called in the same common language as the man.

ÔÇ£Naklin?ÔÇØ the original voice said. He seemed to struggle with himself before drawing his sword. ÔÇ£I am Konur. What are you doing here?ÔÇØ

Naklin smiled, despite being slightly worried over the drawn sword, but not fully knowing what itÔÇÖs use is. She hopped off of NanookÔÇÖs back, and the bear lowered himself into an aggressive stance. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm looking for a Stone,ÔÇØ she said honestly.

ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs looking for the Stone!ÔÇØ the third voice asserted, pulling KonurÔÇÖs mouth back into a snarl. He took another step towards Naklin.

ÔÇ£What are you doing?ÔÇØ Naklin asked, taking an involuntary step backwards.

ÔÇ£He looks like he wants to fight,ÔÇØ Nanook growled, stepping behind Naklin to guard her.

ÔÇ£Fight?ÔÇØ Naklin said back to Nanook. ÔÇ£But why?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£What is she saying?ÔÇØ the second voice said. ÔÇ£I am looking for the Stone as well, and you shall not get it!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Can we not share it?ÔÇØ Naklin said, although the friendliness was starting to leave her voice at the manÔÇÖs aggressiveness.

ÔÇ£Share it? She wants to share it?ÔÇØ the third voice scoffed. ÔÇ£Certainly not!ÔÇØ The man shook his head, and Naklin noticed the white eye for the first time. It made him appear even stranger to her than he already had.

ÔÇ£But why not? What do you want it for that you couldnÔÇÖt allow me to free myself of my own curse?ÔÇØ Naklin said, taking a step backwards so that she was pressed against the growling polar bear.

The original voice answered. ÔÇ£I wish to free myself of a curse as well.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Then why not come with me?ÔÇØ Naklin said, but it was as if the man hadnÔÇÖt heard her. She could tell that he was having a struggle within, and she assumed it was due to the man voices he had.

ÔÇ£We share more than we should as it is!ÔÇØ the second voice said.

ÔÇ£We will not share again. Die, Druid!ÔÇØ the third shouted as the man lunged at her.

Nanook was quicker, as he snatched Naklin up by the hair and threw her into the water. With a splash, Naklin sputtered out a mouthful of water and willed it to slow down around her. Quickly she formed a small ice sheet beneath her so that she had something to stand on. ÔÇ£Nanook!ÔÇØ she called, but the polar bear was already swimming towards her.

ÔÇ£I donÔÇÖt wish to fight you!ÔÇØ she called out to Konur who was standing on the shore clearly having an argument with himself.

ÔÇ£It appears we wonÔÇÖt have to!ÔÇØ the second voice called out with a laugh, ÔÇ£it appears you are floating down the river!ÔÇØ

Naklin shook her head, and willed the icesheet to go against the current until she was parallel to the shore. ÔÇ£Why can we not work together?ÔÇØ Naklin said, unwilling to give up on the man.

ÔÇ£Because all others who try to own the Stone must die!ÔÇØ the vicious third voice growled. Konur shook his head , as if to clear the voices.

ÔÇ£Go,ÔÇØ he said in his original voice. ÔÇ£I am not in full control of myself, and I will kill you if you stay.ÔÇØ

Naklin was about to respond when KonurÔÇÖs facial expression changed dramatically; a moment before he had looked remorseful, but now his face showed an almost insane determination.

ÔÇ£You are dead, ghosty!ÔÇØ the third voice yelled suddenly, and the man lunged into the water.
To be thrown immediately back out of it, repelled by the water.

ÔÇ£What the ÔÇôÔÇ£ the second voice said.

ÔÇ£I said, I donÔÇÖt want to fight you!ÔÇØ Naklin asserted as Nanook climbed onto the ice sheet with her.

ÔÇ£You did that?ÔÇØ Konur said.

Naklin nodded.

ÔÇ£I see,ÔÇØ the second voice said. ÔÇ£So it can control water.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I can, yes,ÔÇØ Naklin said, moving her ice sheet slightly closer to the shore.

ÔÇ£Then we shall have to do this!ÔÇØ the third voice sneered, and readied a fireball which he flung into the ice sheet.

Naklin and Nanook found themselves back in the water, and Naklin was dismayed to see that Nanook was on fire. ÔÇ£Nanook!ÔÇØ she screamed as he dived under the waves to put the fire out. Dismayed, Naklin didnÔÇÖt notice as another fire ball was launched at her. It went just over her head, causing her to bob underwater and resurface closer to Konur.

ÔÇ£Why would you do that? Nanook did nothing to you!ÔÇØ she yelled, standing up in the water. Her hair covered her face, but her black nose could be seen.

ÔÇ£He was in the way,ÔÇØ the second voice said. ÔÇ£As are you!ÔÇØ

This time, the fireball didnÔÇÖt miss. It struck Naklin in the chest and knocked her back. Winded and burnt, Naklin choked on the water she inhaled. Instintively, she sent a wave of water to fall atop Konur. When she had caught her breath again, Naklin noticed Konur spitting out the last of the water from his own lungs.

ÔÇ£Go. I donÔÇÖt wish to kill you,ÔÇØ Konur said with a pained expression on his face.

ÔÇ£Then why fight me?ÔÇØ Naklin asked.

ÔÇ£I need to rid myself of this, I need to go back in time. Go. IÔÇÖm not in control,ÔÇØ he said, visibly struggling with his own hands.
Naklin nodded. ÔÇ£I will free you myself.ÔÇØ

As Konur lost control to the other voices again, Naklin raised her hand, bringing the water out of the river to surround him. As the water covered him, it froze stiff, preserving him like a statue. It was a thin coating, but Naklin knew it wouldnÔÇÖt kill him. She wasnÔÇÖt sure how long it would hold him though.

Feeling the singed fur on her chest, Naklin scanned the water and found Nanook struggling against the current. She brought a wave to carry him to her, and she could see that he had suffered a harsher injury than she had.

ÔÇ£Oh, Nanook!ÔÇØ she cried, putting her fingers on the edges of his singed fur.

ÔÇ£I hit my head on the cliff,ÔÇØ Nanook replied, shaking her fingers off him. ÔÇ£Is he dead?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£No. HeÔÇÖs alive, but frozen. For now. Are you strong enough to carry me?ÔÇØ Nanook nodded his head, so Naklin climbed quickly on to his back.

ÔÇ£Stay still Nanook, IÔÇÖm going to raise us to the top,ÔÇØ Naklin said, forming a tight grip on his fur. Nanook did as requested, and Naklin summoned the water from the river. First she formed another thick sheet of ice to serve as ground beneath Nanook. Then she willed the water to rise up in a column beneath them, and froze it solid when they had arrived at the top. Nanook jumped off the column and on to the top of the cliff, and once still Naklin climbed back off him. She looked over the top of the cliff in time to see Konur shatter the coating of ice that surrounded him.

Relieved that he wasnÔÇÖt dead Naklin left with Nanook, hoping that the ice column wouldnÔÇÖt fall over on top of him.
Konor Dunai:
Konur looks up and down the monstrous river, not a bridge in sight, ÔÇ£I guess we will head upstream to see if we can find anything. Why not West? What difference is it to you? Downstream feels more like despair.ÔÇØ He turns downstream. ÔÇ£You search for a way to win back your past where you would be without us, who made you strong. Terrible fool what could your sister do for you that is greater than what we did? She loved me, and always made the best of things even though they were always bad. But you have the best of things, we made you king. No you were just the tools that I used to achieve my goals, just as I will use you here.ÔÇØ

As he was walking he saw an old wooden bridge and noticed the air getting colder. Quickening his pace he approached the entrance before coming to a halt. He was confronted by a large white bear. Quickly drawing his sword he lunged at the bear hoping to kill it quickly before it could harm him. Instead the bear reared back and swatted the sword from him. The bear charged him throwing him to the ground. Careless buffoon you seek to challenge the gods for their wishes but you will die to a bear. Nonsense this is a fight I want to survive. The bear turns to finnish him off but is tackled to the ground by Konur. ÔÇ£Woah!ÔÇØ a white bundle shouts as it is flung from the bear. Konur turned to face this new threat.

He is shocked again when he sees a child standing before him. ÔÇ£Why did you attack Nanook? We didnÔÇÖt mean to harm you.ÔÇØ ÔÇ£Nanook,ÔÇØ glancing around, ÔÇ£the bear? Wild monsters are a threat to people.ÔÇØ ÔÇ£You think me a monster?ÔÇØ The child cries something he canÔÇÖt understand and the bear rushes at him again. Konur runs to grab his sword and cuts the bear on the left forearm causing it to stumble. He then heads for the bridge, turning to stand his ground as he reaches the entrance. Meeting the onrushing charge of the bear with his shoulder he tosses it into the rushing water and it quickly disappears. Kill the girl, she controlled the bear. No, it would be wrong to kill a child. ÔÇ£I am sorry for the bear but they swim well look for him downstream, I must leave if I am to find the orb first.ÔÇØ

As Konur starts to cross the bridge some of the planks shatter and fall into the now seething water. ItÔÇÖs her she has more than just monsters. Konur turns and throws a ball of energy at the child but it misses causing the ground to explode near her. He then sprints across the crumbling bridge making it to the other side safely.
I'mBob's Mazugord versus Loki's Felix McMaster
Mazugord:
Mazugord remembered what his brother told him. "It's probably not the safest way, but it will short your traveling time by more than a half, plus, it is less likely that you will find humans in that way. A human must be insane to go through there. And his chance of survival are really low..."
His brother was wrong, though. Walking the path, Mazugord saw a human in the distance. This human must be insane. But making this far also means he is a lucky person. Mazugord hoped this human wont try to kill him for being a dragon.

Walking closer to the human, Mazugord realized the human carry no weapons. First he thought he must be a mage of some sort, but he soon canceled this thought when he realized the man is too young to be a wizard. He looks like an average person. But an average person wont go in the mountain pass. Something must be special about him.

Suddenly, the man started to talk.
"It's a nice day, isn't it?" He said, smiling an insidious smile.
"Who are you? Only a crazy person will go through here." Mazugord responded.
"My name is Felix McMaster. Also, it seems we both happen to be crazy. Isn't that a great coincidence?" he answered, the smile still on his face.
"Look, human. I have no interest in talking. I want to pass through the mountain and reach my destination. I don't care about you as long as you wont mess in my way. If you will, I will kill you." Mazugord said in an intimidating voice.
"Oh, don't worry. I will leave you alone. But only if you play with me." Felix said, and chuckled.
"I have no time or interest in games. Leave me alone and I shall spare your life."
"Please, only a short dice rolling game. I will give you 25 gold coins if you win. If you lose, I will only take 5 coins."

"It can be nice to win 25 gold coins, Mazugord thought. "only that I don't have 5 coins of my own... I just need to hope I will win and that the man is not too greedy. Worst case, I will kill him.."

"I agree. Tell me how we play." Mazugord said.
"It's really simple, each of us roll 3 dice, than we take the die that shows the higher score from each of us and compare them, the one who got the higher score on it wins. And so we go on with the mid score die and the low score die. It's simple, you will see. Here are the dice, you roll first"

Mazugord crouched near the ground and rolled the dice. He got a 5, 5, and a 2.
"Well that will be hard to beat" Mazugord said and smiled.
Felix did not respond, instead he smiled and rolled his own dice. They showed 6, 5, and a 3.
"Dang it!" Mazugord said, "I..." He started saying another sentence, when suddenly a strong wind blew.
Mazugord quickly closed his wing so the wind wont blow him away. A few seconds later, it stopped.
"Wow, this mountain place is dangerous." He said to himself.
"Oh no, it seems that the wind blew the dice away, so we can't know who won!" Felix said, surprising Mazugord, who thought Felix is probably dead now, blown by the wind. Mazugord thought he saw Felix putting something shiny in his pocket, and he looked disappointed.
"Yes, lets continue." Mazugord said, rolling again.
"Hmmm... a 4, a 2 and a 1. You pretty much got this one." Mazugord said.
Again, Felix didn't respond, only rolled his dice. They showed a 5, a 3 and a 1.
"Well, you won.." Mazugord could not complete the sentence when suddenly an octopus fell from the sky. Followed by another. Soon it started raining octopuses.

"So he is a mage after all..." Mazugord thought to himself, disgusted by the dead octopuses that are lying everywhere.
Felix than drew a knife out of his pocket, and quickly stabbed Mazugord, Mazugord noticed in the last moment and evaded, getting a long cut in his right arm.
"You bastard!" Mazugord shouted, pulling his sword.
"You used stupid spells and tried to stab me when I'm unaware, right? I wont be surprised if the wind is also a magic of you! Dumb mages!"
"You are right about the wind being something I did," Felix said, avoiding an attack from Mazugord. "However, you are wrong about me being a mage." Saying this, Felix tossed a coin in the air. The coin fell down, showing Heads. Suddenly, the coin grew bigger and bigger, and suddenly a great "Boom!" sound was heard. Mazugord closed his eyes, and after a few seconds, when he opened them he saw only fog all around him.
"What sorcery is that?" Mazugord asked angrily "These are spells I've never seen before! Dispel this fog, Felix, and fight me like a man, you don't need these spells!" He yelled.
"No, this is not what I need, you are right. Let's see what this one will do" Mazugord, barley seeing through the fog, saw Felix drawing a card pack from his pocket, and then shuffling them and drawing one card from the deck.

"Oh, it's the 6 of spades." Felix said.
Suddenly, a huge rock-fist popped out of the ground. Knocking both Felix and Mazugord up to the air. Mazugord spread his wings and glided down safely. Felix was not seen anywhere nearby.

"Damn humans, they always put themselves into troubles. I hope I wont see this guy ever again." Mazugord said, continuing on the dangerous path. Hoping not to encounter anymore things like that.
Felix McMaster
No entry.
Arydra's Firorn versus Arch Lich Burns's Rex
Firorn:
Dusk falls on the forest around the mountains. This forest is alive with the sounds of nature. However, this wood holds a secret. Within it's depths lies a ruined temple. This temple, usually shunned by all living beings, is about to visited for the first time in a century.
It was this temple that was built and dedicated to a cult of the Maker. These men and women from various races had the audacity to try and summon the force that made the gods. This sacrilegious act has caused living organisms to avoid the place, so they will not be guilty by association.
Firorn tops yet another ridge, only to see the expanse of the forest stretching before him. This is not the first time that he has walked this path, the man known to all as the Red Walker. He knows all of the places, all of the locations; nearly everywhere that is safe or unsafe. He has been walking for a very long time, and has wandered across much of the world. Even though he himself does not keep track of time, he can feel the weight of time upon him, and he is growing tired.
"How long has it been since I have last seen my people?" He wonders, not for the first time, nor the last. "Do they still remember what I am doing for them?" The answer to the question depressed him. "Of course they do not remember. They have moved on, all of the ones that knew of my mission have succumb to the weakness of flesh. Mortality." Firorn sighed audibly as he shook off his depression. "How does the terrain look?" He thinks to himself. Another voice reverberates throughout his head, answering his question.
"I detect nothing that could be a threat to you." The answer came from Firorn's closest friend and ally, the one being the truly understood him, now that his sister was gone. Her name was Silvara, and she was the halberd strapped to his back. She was given form by the gods, and has been by Firorn's side throughout his adventures.
"I can recall several occasions where you have said the same thing, and yet things had injured me. Like that one time in Khilinar, during the feast celebrating it's founding." Firorn recalls the event with a physical smile.
Silvara's response is full of mirth. "How was I to know that the juggler knew what you were and how to hurt you? Or that one of his balls was filled with..."
"...Beef stew!" Firorn laughs as he completes her response. "He thought that it would hurt me. Still have no idea how he came up with that." he laughs again before growing silent. "Although," he remarks, "the dagger he thrust through my eye was extremely painful."
"Come on!" Scoffs Silvara, "how many time have you lost that eye? Six times? Seven? A simple injury like that will not kill you."
"No, it will not, but a wound like that could limit my ability to defend myself. And I could die." A repressed shudder courses through Firorn's body as he dwells upon his greatest fear once again.
"I will never fail you," Silvara comforts Firorn. "As long as I am with you, you will never die."
The pair falls silent as they reflect upon other such encounters. Firorn continues to navigate his way through the underbrush, when he spots a quick glimmer of light between a cluster of trees.
He comes to a sudden halt, weary of any possible incoming attacks. When nothing further happens, he turns this thoughts back to Silvara to ask a question. "Do you detect anything that might have caused that glimmer we saw?"
"Well," she responds. "A cult had built a temple dedicated to summoning the Maker nearby. They worshiped the Maker in times gone by, however they have long since left this area. That might have been the cause of the glint that caught your eye."
"In that case, would you be interested in visiting said temple?" Firorn asks slyly, with a half-smile on his face. "I know how much you enjoy such things..."
Silvara interrupts his train of thought. "No, I know how much YOU enjoy visiting such places. I have nothing to do with this absurdfascination in ruined buildings for yours." She stops, then hesitantly says, "Actually, could we visit it? I have been meaning to see it with my own eyes."
Firorn laughed loudly as he turned and headed towards the light. "Your pleads have not fallen upon deaf ears milady." As he walks forward, carefully and silently, he feels a sense of smugness eminating from Silvara. Both of them revel in the moment until Firorn cleared the treeline and entered into a clearing. The glade was large with a smaller lake on the northern side. The grass is a vibrant unnatural green, even underneath the lowering sun. The glade is a place that should not exist, a perfect place. Yet one thing that marred this perfection was the ruin located on the edge of the lake. Columns dot the ruin, leaning at angles as if to emulate the design of a ribcage. The entryway is partially buried in the soil, but enough clearance remains for a human sized creature to enter the main section of the ruins. No animals, even insects can be heard or seen living within the glade.
The two of them looked around the glade in wonder. Silvara seemed pleased to be finally gazing upon the ruined temple with her own eyes. Firorn begins to walked rather into the glade when they both hear a loud sound coming from the bowels of the temple ruins. Firorn freezes in place as silence once again descends on the clearing, his muscles tense as he prepares to defend himself. A short while passes and the sound is not repeated. Firorn shrugs and glides over to the temple entrance.
As he drew up next to it, a faint voice echoed from within the building. The words are not in one of the languages of men. Silvara gave out a silent hiss of fright and anger. "This is not good. A necromancer isinside, and he is practicing his vile art," She warns.
Firorn growls, "well then, let's go interrupt his little party. Once we die, we should be allowed to stay dead. The dead should not have to be subject to the shame of being controlled by men like this."
As he begins his decent into the dark ruins, Firorn unties Silvara from his back and holds her at the ready. The darkness envelops them the further they descend down the rough stairwell. Once Firorn can no longer see his surroundings, Silvara illuminates various objects around them so he can continue his journey. They leave the stairwell and enter the main hallway leading to the temple. "I wish we had longer to examine this place, but between the necromancer and the Stone, we must be quick." This advice permeates Firorn's mind as he begins to pick up his pace.
Now moving quietly at a slight jog, the pair burst into the main room of worship inside the temple. Standing there was an old man who was enveloped in a robe with his weight supported by a walking stick. Firorn darts behind an intact column, which disappeared into the the domed ceiling. The room was lit by several witch-lights at strategic places inside the circular room.
The old man swirls about, but can not see Firorn in his hiding place. "I know that I now have company. May I inquire as to your name?" The old man asks in the general direction of Firorn.
Silvara hissed once again, as she lay in Firorn's clawed hands. "I know this man," she tells Firorn. "He is the lich named Rex. The face he is currently wearing is a simple illusion."
Rex scanned the room, attempting to determine where this intruder was located. From his place next to the alter, he could gaze out upon the entire room relatively unhindered, except for the nine columns that dotted the room. The room's ruined majesty is easy to see in the frescoes and half-decayed statues that populate the floors, ceiling, and walls.
After he glances out from behind his hiding place in search of other life-forms other than Rex, Firorn walks out from behind his cover. Rex faces Firorn with a strange expression on his face. "Do I know you?" Rex asked of Firorn. "I am sure we have met before." Firorn keeps his pace as he walks up towards Rex's location. "No," Rex said to himself, seemingly uncaring of Firorn's approach, "I would know if we had met before." Firorn continued his unrelenting approach towards Rex, himself not caring about the lich's mutterings. A light appears in Rex' eyes as he figures out who exactly Firorn is. "You are the one known as the Red Walker!" Rex exclaimed.
Firorn shrugs at Rex, just before he swings Silvara at the lich's body. As the halberd Silvara passes through the illusion, a large mass lands on Firorn's back, causing him to fall to the ground. He rolled out from under the weight, only to gaze up upon a phase spider. This spider was an ancient horror, reanimated to serve the lich's needs. While on his back, trying to analyze the situation, the phase spider lunges and stabs downwards with it's large hairy fangs towards Firorn's chest. Confidant in his natural armor, Firorn allows the spider's fangs to hit his reddish-orange breastplate as he swings an empty clawed hand at the creature's head, destroying two of it's eyes.
The spider screams and phases behind Firorn, in an attempt to impale his head upon it's long and dexterous legs. Silvara, who recalled how this extinct creature fought, had already informed Firorn of such a tactic. Thus when the legs broke the floor, Firorn had already pushed himself away and was getting to his feet.
Rex, from his perch near the ceiling, shouted down to Firorn. "I see you are indeed skilled, Walker! It is no wonder you have survived this long. Although," Rex said, pausing, "I suppose I will have to kill you. You are a dangerous opponent." Rex pauses again as he watches Firorn score another hit against the phase spider. "I must ask you, are you here because of the rumors of the Maker's Stone?"
Firorn grunts aloud when he hears this, and yanks Silvara out of the phase spider's corpse. "I have had enough of your ranting lich." He tells Rex. As he begins to speak again, his voice filling with authority at the same time Silvara pulses with a divine fire, as he invokes an ancient rite and passes judgement upon Rex. "As punishment for raising the dead against their will; I, Firorn, wielder of Silvara, here by pronounce your punishment. To be consigned to these ruins in continuing and unending undeath until the end of time." With this pronouncement, Firorn slams the butt of his halberd against the floor, and coats the chamber in ice. He then turns, leaving Rex frozen in ice, and leaves the chamber. As exits the ruins, Firorn swings Silvara at the entrance,and causes the stairwell and the hallway to be filled with stone, sealing the ruins for many centuries.
The two of them stand still for a few moments, Firorn greatly wearied and Silvara solemn. At least Firorn reties Silvara to his back, adjusts his enveloping cloak, and begins to walk away. "How long has it been since we had to do that?" He asks of Silvara.
"Much to long," she replies, voice filled with pride. "We rid the world of yet another evil."
His face cracking into a half-smile, he says, " I knew you have been wanting to do that."
Silvery laughter surrounds Firorn as Silvara laughs aloud. The two of them begin to climb the next hill, their forms fading from view. They both continue to discuss events from the past, and plans for the future.
Rex:
No entry.
And again begins a week of judging! Remember that while we do already know two winners of these matches, their entries will still be evaluated- And we will have our first few dropoffs in two rounds, upon which time there will be 8 players left, and the quarter finals begin. That being said... I hope you enjoy reading the entries, and good luck.

I'mBob
Game Master

Re: Rating wars II: Electric boogaloo (round 2 judging)

Post by I'mBob » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:20 am

Dang, I was pretty sure I'm losing. I'm lucky. If I stay that lucky I might win. :D
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:25 am

haha... so it's just me and Ramsa duking it out this round? Man oh man!
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 am

Well don't get too cocky! It's still going to be rated (and you're still going to get feedback) and it's the total of the two submissions you'll enter that determines whether or not you make it to the quarter finals. ;)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:34 am

Sorry I just...I just couldn't do it...again.... I'm a failure. :(

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:41 am

No. You make mistakes, you can't do anything, you are not perfect. You are a human Arch-Lich.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:07 am

You know, they were human once.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:11 am

Good point.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:20 am

Or goblins. Or elves. Or orcs. But i guess the general gist remains the same. I fell stupid for joining in something which I knew I lacked much time for.