Rating wars II: Electric boogaloo (Finals)

For all games that are now over.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Rating wars II: Electric boogaloo (round 3)

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Alright, results for round 2 are in! Without further adue...

Round 2 winners
Lingrem's Naklin defeats Ramsa's Donor Kunai!

I'mBob's Mazugord defeats Loki's Felix McMaster!

Arydra's Firorn defeats Arch Lich Burns's Rex!

Congratulations to the winners. I have received word from Loki he sadly has to drop out of the contest, which means we have a total of 9 participants still looking for a battle. This does now bring up the fact we seem to be having a problem matching one person... I'm yet unsure how I'm going to handle that, but the issue will only have to be addressed in two weeks. Any suggestions are appreciated. For now, there will be two battles. :)

Feedback from the judges will be sent at a later time. One of the judges had requested some additional time to finish this. :)

Round 3: matchups
Vidius's The Rasping suit versus RunsAround's Robert
Bogheart swamp was once nothing more than a simple forest. However, the building of a dam that made the water spoil over much of the lands, and the teeth of time clawing away at the landscape slowly transformed the once peaceful forest into the bogs known now only as "bogheart swamp". With water raising only to knee's height and little to no actual land, it is debatable whether one should take a raft or try to brave it on foot. Weren't it for the fact it's fog, and the population existing out of mostly insects and amphibians, wasn't enough to scare away most visitors...

Psychotic's Donovan versus AccursedBiscuit's Tibiscu
A large mountain range lies to the west, blocking the large desert plateau from any of the rainwater the sea behind it should potentially provide- Those few clouds that do pass over it, either drying out quickly, or bathing the desert in a large downpour, quickly slipping away into either the sand or into the cracks of stone. It's an inhospitable place, with only a few select traders having the knowledge how to safely travel it without dying from dehydration. As many have done before.
I wonder if the two warriors, as unlikely it would be they would meet each other in the vast desert, do as well?

As always... Good luck to all participants.

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Re: Rating wars II: Electric boogaloo (round 2 judging)

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Good luck guys! As for suggestions for your problem, maybe a 3-way battle? Just take whoever's left over and group them up with another group. Just a suggestion, because I don't know how exactly these are judged and how it would affect the judging.
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

Ramsa

Post by Ramsa » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Problems matching someone? Are did you drop mcmaster from the competition or? Any way I see it everyone still needs to write so might as well write against no one with a character thats already made. I mean this isn't about win/ lose to make it to semifinals right? A decent showing against dusk will be worth more points than a nominal victory against a ghost.
There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them.

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:09 am

You could just pair off the odd contestant against the contestant who has pulled out of the competition. After all the contestants for the semi finals will be decided on individual scores, not on number of wins. It is possible to progress with a win and a loss, as long as you score well isn't it? Or do you have a scoring system where that is impossible?

Side note, finished my rough draft. Had a lot of fun with this one.
"Winter is coming"

Kelten
Converses Frequently
UStream Username: Kelten

Post by Kelten » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:37 pm

id say a 3 way battle would be cool ;-)
Click here if you want to beat me up!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Will be putting up the submissions later today. Sadly while the entries of course will be judged it looks like two participants won't have competition- It seems both Psychotic and RunsAround failed to submit. :/

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:47 am

Round 3: Battles
Vidius's the Rasping suit versus RunsAround's Robert

The Rasping suit
Monster

It did not sleep. Not for as long as it had lived had it ever slept. It did not need rest or nourishment like the other creatures of the world. It did not have a body to sustain, or a life force to fuel. No, that was not entirely true. It did need one thing. It needed fear.

Mother, Father

But although it did not dream, some times when it walked two words came to it, a haunting voice ringing around the emptiness of its steel shell.

Mother, Father

Fear did not exist. Not until it was made by the creator. And then when fear existed, so too did it. And as long as there was fear, so too would there be fears voice. The agent of fear. It. The Rasping Suit. That which via the nightmares of its presence; and the terror of Paranoia, sewed the seed of fear into the psyches of all the creatures of the world. As long as there was fear there would be the Rasping Suit, and as long as there was the Rasping Suit, there would be fear.

Mother, Father

But fear started somewhere. Fear started with the Rasping Suit.

Mud squelched over an iron shod boot, it would have been cold, maybe even unpleasant, but such physical emotions and impediments had never been and issue for The Rasping Suit.

The Bogheart Swamp might have proven dangerous for lesser creatures. If the chilling colds, or dangerous snakes and snapigators which lurked beneath the shallow waters didnÔÇÖt kill you, then the thousands of tiny insects which fed on blood and spread infection most surely would. Such trifles didnÔÇÖt even register with The Rasping Suit. It had no body from which to leech blood, and all basic animals, even predators, still reacted to primal emotions; fear was a very primal, very powerful emotion. Travelling from the abandoned Forest Path, into the Bogheart Swamp had cut weeks of travel time, and although such a journey would normally be dangerous, nothing was more dangerous then fear. Saving time had now become paramount for the journey, the encounter with Tibiscu had made The Rasping Suit realise that. If others seek the stone, then the whole game had changed. Speed was now of paramount importance. The Rasping Suit had to get the stone first.

Mother, Father.

North, The Rasing Suit pushed on.

ÔÇÿRobert no monster. Robert good. Robert hide. Hide until strong, yes, yes. Limbs come back. Robert is Robert again. Robert find nasty man. Robert kill nasty man. Nasty man must die so Robert can be safe. Robert is good Robert. Robert not monster, Robert not monster, ROBER NOT MONSTER!ÔÇÖ The pain had been agonizing, but it was gone now; and where before Robert had known agony, now he had fully functional limbs again. He didnÔÇÖt know how long heÔÇÖd hidden in this swamp; feeding on the local fauna foolish enough to come to close to him, hiding from his enemies, waiting for his strength to return. But now his strength had returned, and it was time for vengeance.

Mother, Father.

RobertÔÇÖs antenna snapped into the air, then like two radars, swept the area around him. He could sense something, feel something approaching. Hunching low in the water to hide his profile Robert waited. Whatever was coming wasnÔÇÖt like the man heÔÇÖd fought before. That man had been bad yes, bad and cruel and merciless, but this was different. This wasnÔÇÖt just bad, this was evil.

The Rasping Suit stopped. Nothing had bothered it as it marched from Forest to Swamp, except for that human monk. But now it could feel something, a sentience of primal fear. At first it has mistaken the sentience for a particularly large snapigator, or some other hunter of the swamp, but such creatures would have been driven off already. No, this was different; this following The Rasping Suit, stalking the Rasping Suit. If The Rasping Suit could have smiled, it would have.

Robert heard the man of metal before it saw him. He splashed through the water fearlessly, his joints squealing like a wounded child with each new step. At first Robert had shied from the fake knight man of metal, but even as heÔÇÖd fled the hideous words from the bad man beast Donovan had come back to him. ÔÇ£Monster. Monster. Monster.ÔÇØ Robert was no monster. Robert was good. This man of metal was a monster, an evil diabolical monster hidden in the guise of a knight. And if the knight was a monster, and Robert was good, then it was his duty to stop the true monster. After all, that was what good did, it stopped evil. And somewhere in the back of his primitive intelligence, the horrifying concept of this knight of evil metal finding the stone lurked. Robert had to stop the fake knight man of metal. Not because he wanted to, but because it was the right thing to do.

Mother, Father

The Rasping Suit stopped, and plunged Paranoia into a small islet beside it, burying the blade half way deep into the squelching earth.

ÔÇ£I know youÔÇÖre there, I can taste you. I can taste your fear; thick, ripe, and fresh. ÔÇØ

Turning The Rasping Suit tried to spot its prey, but all it could see was the murky desolate swamp, decrepit trees curling like fingers from the boggy surface.

That voice was no true voice. The words didnÔÇÖt just speak to Robert, they spoke through him. Like a knife through his heart, like that man beast DonovanÔÇÖs rock through his skin. If Robert could shudder he would have. This fake knight man of metal was evil. He had to be stopped. Using his tail like a rudder and his appendages like fins, Robert drove himself like a shark beneath the water, closing in on the fake knight. He would strike hard and fast, catching his opponent of guard before tearing him asunder with claw and jaw.

Twenty feet out.

ÔÇ£I know youÔÇÖre here, you cannot hide from me.ÔÇØ

Ten feet out

Mother, Father

Five feet out.

ÔÇ£You think you can defeat me? I am fear. Fear is eternal. I am eternal.ÔÇØ

Two feet.

Mother, Father

Robert burst from the water, his muscles flexing and coiling, projecting him like a torpedo of slashing claws and gnashing teeth. He had come up behind the fake knight, but even as he burst from the water the knight was turning to face him, one hand grabbing at the sword while the other raised before its metal body as an improvised shield.

Robert slammed against the knight of evil, all eight feet of his well muscled body acting as a battering ram. His limbs flailed wildly against the knights armour, ripping and tearing rents into the thick plied steel, meanwhile his maw of teeth tried to work their way into the knights face, however the knight had imposed his left arm between them, and he used it to hold back RobertÔÇÖs maw of pointed teeth. Then Robert was retreating from the knight again, unwinding from the knights grip and curling over on himself as he dodged back from the savage blow the knights sword arm delivered.

The fighters now stood three feet apart, with Robert circling the knight, trying to create a new avenue of attack, his jet black eyes trying to gauge something, anything, from the hideous knight of metal and nightmares.

Mother, Father.

ÔÇ£I can taste you, you are delicious. Your primitive brain is only capable of registering the most primal of emotions, and all I can taste in you is fear. So much fear. You are scared of everything. You are scared of yourself, yes. You fear what you are. You fear where you come from. You fear where you are going. You are afraid of me. You are afraid of what I am. You are afraid of how I know these things. You are afraid of this fight. You are afraid of what it might mean if you win, does that make you a monster? A murderer? After all, if IÔÇÖm the knight, then you must be the monster. But at the same time you are terrified if what it will mean if you lose. After all, you can see what I am, itÔÇÖs the advantage you have with your primitive intelligence. You see the world in black and white.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Get out of RobertÔÇÖs head! ItÔÇÖs RobertÔÇÖs head! ROBERTS HEAD!ÔÇØ RobertÔÇÖs antenna sparked to life, and a bolt of lightning crackled from between them, smacking into the knight of terror and throwing him off guard. Robert used the second of vulnerability and launched himself at the knight again, trying to distract it, trying to stop the hateful words from washing over him. Trying to stop the fear from gripping him, the fear that was made so much more potent as it dripped with truth.

The knight tried stop him in the same fashion as before. However Robert was better prepared this time, and came in like a tidal wave, launching himself high to pull the knights guard up, then coming down and low, underneath the now extended defence. Now; face to face with the knight, Robert tried to bring his teeth to bear, worrying at the knightsÔÇÖ helmet, his teeth working against the metal while his four long arms wrapped around the knight, trying to force it into RobertÔÇÖs maw.

Then all at once Robert felt himself being pulled away from the knight as the suit of armour and darkness wrapped its two hands around RobertsÔÇÖ throat and forced him off its metal body. The knight then held Robert at arm length from its body, Roberts claws uselessly flailing at its armoured arms, while his antenna scorched the armour black with frantic blasts of lightning.

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm going to do something out of character now Robert, IÔÇÖm going to do you a favour.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£The voice. Stop the voice. Out of Roberts head. Get out of Roberts head.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£You see youÔÇÖre right, the world is black and white Robert. There is good. And there is evil. And youÔÇÖre right Robert, I am evil. And Robert, you may even be good. But you are not a monster. Of that much I am sure.ÔÇØ

RobertÔÇÖs body had gone limp against the knightsÔÇÖ hands now. The steeled gauntlets grew ever tighter around his throat, slowly crushing his air passage. And while the steeled fists cut out his life, the armoured terrors words cut through his mind, breaking him both body and soul at the same time. Good was meant to beat evil, yet he was being defeated, being killed. And if he could be beaten, then could he be good?

ÔÇ£You see, you cannot be a monster Robert, because monsters do not feel fear. Monsters are fear. And you are not fear Robert, not the cause of it anyway. You do not control fear, it controls you. You do not stalk prey, and leave it cowering in your wake. Rather you let your fear control you. You are guided by your fear, controlled by your terror. You are a creature of primal urges, a deer in the headlights. Fear controls you Robert, while I control fear. You are not a monster Robert, I am.ÔÇØ

RobertÔÇÖs body slid from between the gauntleted hands, floating limply against the murky surface of the Bogheart swamp. He had surrendered completely, and although his heart might still be beating; inside him there was nothing left. His terror had consumed him, and from it he would never recover. The Rasping Suit had consumed him. This battle was won.

ÔÇ£You could not be a monster Robert. Monsters do not fear.ÔÇØ

Mother, Father

ÔÇÿAnd if monsters cannot feel fear, then what does that make me?ÔÇÖ

The Rasping Suit turned North, the squeal of itÔÇÖs armour filling the abnormal quiet of the swamp.
Robert:
No entry
Psychotic's Donovan versus AccursedBiscuit's Tibiscu

Donovan
No entry
Tibiscu
It was quiet on the desert trail. Which was good, because Tibiscu had a lot to think about. His physical wounds from the fight with that....thing had healed fine, but it was the mental scars that refuse to close.

What if it was right? Tibiscu had a firmly held belief that people don't change who they are at their core, so it makes sense that it would apply to him as well. He had hoped that Giratsu being bonded to his soul might change this, but he was quiet right now. That suit must have spoken to him, too.

Tibiscu was a vagrant, a rat with no other purpose but to scavenge and steal and fight.

"So...is there something important on the other side?"

The voice snapped Tibiscu back to reality. Right, he wasn't alone this time. The guide he had hired looked at him quizzically. They were sitting in a covered camel-drawn wagon, trudging slowly through the sand.

"It's just, not very many travelers cross this desert. Too dangerous, you see. Most people go around. Takes longer, but at least you don't die from dehydration." he continued cautiously.

"Yes, I believe there is. And hopefully answers along with it" Tibiscu answered after a pause, studying the man closely.

The aged guide was obviously offput by the glowing eyes, even though they had dulled a bit after that last fight. He had been eager enough to accept the coin, despite the supposed dangers of the desert.

"Well, I'm sure you'll find it. You seem like a strong warrior, and I've seen quite a few in my day. Why, there was once-" he cut himself off abruptly, and both men instantly stared into the desert.

Off in the distance, there was a figure. A sort of distorted figure, mostly a large box sticking out of the sand, with a figure sitting on top.

"Be cautious" Tibiscu whispered. Of course. This was going to be a long path, he wouldn't have just one opponent. Hopefully this one had a face.

Soon, they were close enough that they could make out more details. It was a man, sitting on top of a half-submerged wagon in the sand. He tossed his head back, downing what was left in the canteen, which had the same symbol as the wagon. It didn't take long to figure out what happened. This man survived by attacking this wagon and taking their water. Soon the figure turned towards them, and a flash glared at them.

The wagon shook, and the camel lost its footing as the whole thing began sinking into the ground. Tibiscu reacted quickly and shoved the guide off onto the sand that wasn't moving, and jumped off himself. He rolled over and sat up, inspecting the scene. There had been a large empty box under the sand, the weight of the camel and wagon had broken it and it sunk quickly. A well-laid trap. The figure hopped down and began to walk forward at a casual pace.

Be careful, this man looks cocky, but he is smart enough to survive in the desert by himself. At least this opponent seems more human than the last. Tibiscu nodded sagely, and stood up, readying himself for combat. Soon the character was close enough for further inspection. He was wearing a makeshift turban, it looked like the same cloth from the wagon. The glare had come from his sunglasses. Everything else seemed relatively normal.

"What have we got here? Two prizes in one day? Lucky me" the man smirked. The glasses hid much of his face, but Tibiscu knew he was being inspected, just as he was inspecting the man, looking for anything unusual. He wasn't going to underrestimate his opponent this time.

The two warriors stared at eachother, clothes rippling slightly in the light breeze. Soon the man broke the silence.

"You don't talk much, do you? Well, I'll start then. Name's Donovan" Donovan smirked as he stepped forward, extending his hand. Tibiscu responded by leaning back, prepared for any trickery.

"What's wrong, scared?" he chuckles, and continues walking forward. The only sound around was the soft whisper of the breeze, and the guide trying fruitlessly to salvage his wagon.

"You don't know fear" Tibiscu muttered, and launched forward with a rising knee once Donovan was in range.

Donovan reacted quickly, avoiding a skull shattering knee that barely glanced his shoulder. Both men fell to the ground, and both recovered just as quickly.

"Well that was impolite." Donovan scoffed, brushing the sand off himself. Tibiscu just sank back into his fighting stance. "So you don't use weapons either, eh? That's interesting"

Don't get distracted, Tibiscu. If this goes on for too long, you will become weak from dehydration. He knows this. Tibiscu nodded slowly again, and Donovan tilted his head slightly.

"What are you nodding about? Are you cr-" Donovan was cut off as he dodged a sweeping kick, jumping backwards. This opponent was an experienced fighter, that's for sure. The old guide had stopped trying to save his wagon, and sat back in awe of the fighters, watching intently.

"Ok, fine, I see how it i-" Again, Donovan was interrupted, but this time Tibiscu's fist had connected with his chest. Donovan doubled over, and Tibiscu raised his leg for a drop kick he was sure to be the final blow. But Donovan quickly smacked Tibiscu's leg from underneath him, knocking him on his back. Again, both men struggled against the sands to get back up, but this time Tibiscu looked to analyze his opponent again, only to catch a fistful of sand in his face.

Tibiscu fell back, spitting sand out of his mouth and trying to rub it out of his eyes.

"I know it's an old cliched fighting technique, but hey, whatever works, right?" Donovan panted as he stood back up, and kick Tibiscu in the chest, sending him sprawling. He laid in the sand, staring at the sun as Donovan came and stood over him.

"Giving up already?" Donovan asked and started kicking Tibicu in the side repeatedly.

Well, are you, Tibiscu? What of your mission? I thought you were going to free me? Giratsu echoed in his mind. What's the point? That suit was right. He was a bad man. Giratsu gave him strength, he only fights the good fight because of Giratsu's morals. There was nothin he- Enough! the suddenness caused Tibiscu to sit up raipidly, making Donovan jump back into a defensive stance. You were a vagrant before you came to my temple, yes, but I knew there was potential in you. Otherwise I wouldn't have had the others bond me to you. I knew I could make a hero out of you. Fear is a part of life, but so is learning to fight it. So, fight!

Tibiscu's eyes widened, and the dull glow rose to a bright light that rivaled the sun. He stood up, and bent down, running his hand through the sand, the fire ring glowing with a bright red light.

"This is a new trick. What else have you got up your sleeve?" Donovan questioned, crouching in anticipation of attack. Tibiscu ignored him and continued, soon the sand was almost glowing, and began melting. Then he did something unexpected. He dipped his right-hand fingers into the molten sand and the ice ring glowed with a cool blue.

When Tibiscu stood back up, the glass covered his fingers like claws. He launched himself forward, striking with his left palm into Donovan's stomach, knocking the wind out of him. Donovan just barely fell out of the way of the right handed slash at his chest. But Tibiscu did not relent.

Donovan rolled out of the way of a downward kick, which threw sand a few feet into the air. He used this distraction to get back up, and look for something to use to his advantage. He reached for a wooden plank from the wagon he'd just wrecked, but wasn't fast enough.

Glass punctured his arm as he reached, shattering in his muscle, sending him reeling back. A roundhouse caught him in the chest, throwing him to the ground. Tibiscu launched himself onto Donovan, the lightning rings glowing faintly. He did not want to kill this man, but he wasn't taking chances.

He struck nearly every chakra point, shocking Donovan's body into near total system failure. Gasping, he stood up, and opened a pouch hanging on his belt. He took some of the powder from within and dropped it into Donovan's open mouth.

"This powder will keep you from death, and restart your body soon enough. I will also leave you a canteen of water. It will be a painful recovery, but at worst you will have a few scars and some sunburn." Tibiscu bowed to his former opponent. "Thank you. You have helped me more than you could know. I will move on now. Feel free to join my temple, if you are up to it."

Tibiscu looked at the guide, sitting in astonishment.

"Those tattoos..what..how.." he stammered, backing away slowly.

"I am sorry for your camel and wagon. But I would like to continue crossing this desert. Help me gather whatever supplies we can carry and I will make sure you are able to buy another." Tibiscu said calmly. The old man nodded quickly and began gathering canteens.

Soon the two were but fading shaped in the distance.
And judging once again commences. I may start the next round earlier this week, if the judges are okay with it. Feedback from the previous round will also be sent momentarily. :)

As for next round, I'm going to assume the (un)lucky guy simply gets pitted against the guy he would usually seen be pitted against. While he'd have a "guaranteed" win, in the end it's score that matters anyways.

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Accursed, that entry is so so so much better mate! Seriously. In the space of 1 round you've gone from just writing, to writing as a serious heavy weight contender. You used your previous opponent's entry, your arena, and your opponent so well. And all of it helped to grow your own character. I don't think I could praise this development enough.
"Winter is coming"

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:16 pm

vidius wrote:Accursed, that entry is so so so much better mate! Seriously. In the space of 1 round you've gone from just writing, to writing as a serious heavy weight contender. You used your previous opponent's entry, your arena, and your opponent so well. And all of it helped to grow your own character. I don't think I could praise this development enough.
Thanks, vid! I was a lot happier with this one. I had a lot to work with, and you sure helped a lot. I read and reread your first submission a couple of times, used your from after the first fights, and got a lot of good advice from the judges after round 1. Just too bad the other two couldn't submit their writings. Hope everything is okay.
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

PSychotic
Of Few Words

Post by PSychotic » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Hey, sorry for not submitting an entry guys. I got a new job, and I kinda forgot about the competition. I should be good for next round however, if I'm still in!

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Both were good entries, I look forward to reading more.

And PSychotic, a new job is a valid reason to not being engaging in online-games. We just do not want you to drop out, already lost enough people.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 pm

PSychotic wrote:Hey, sorry for not submitting an entry guys. I got a new job, and I kinda forgot about the competition. I should be good for next round however, if I'm still in!
I hope you're still in.. I have plans for Donovan.
AccursedBiscuit wrote: Thanks, vid! I was a lot happier with this one. I had a lot to work with, and you sure helped a lot. I read and reread your first submission a couple of times, used your from after the first fights, and got a lot of good advice from the judges after round 1. Just too bad the other two couldn't submit their writings. Hope everything is okay.
So glad I could help :3
"Winter is coming"

lozlo
Speaks Quietly

Post by lozlo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:43 pm

i wantz to see tha next round!
I hazz egg :D

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:08 pm

lozlo wrote:i wantz to see tha next round!
Well need to await the results of this round first... and then the next entries have to be writen...
But yea... I'm looking forward to it aswell...
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Well it's mostly that I don't want to start now since that would hardly be ideal for the contestants, having to finish it by the next week Thursday. Neither do I want to benefit them by giving them the extra days (I'm evil like that) so I think it's best to just sit it out until Sunday. :)

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:27 pm

And I want to see next game. Be patient.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:01 pm

gamecreator wrote:
And I want to see next game. Be patient.
And i want to be in the next game....
-Best regards LAYF

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:13 pm

That's why I wait for it so much too.

What a time sink will it be to write that much text in english.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:47 pm

gamecreator wrote:That's why I wait for it so much too.

What a time sink will it be to write that much text in english.
True... mostly, I'm affraied of the judging of my grammar and spelling.....-
-Best regards LAYF

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Well, from what I've seen the contestant tend to be a bit "burnt out" once the contest finally ends, so I'd think it'd be best to have a "pause" once the contest ends. That being said, if someone else would want to host it once this contest is over, I'd be totally fine with that. I'd probably join too. (Despite it being a horrible idea :P)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:03 pm

My apologies for putting this up this late- I was sidetracked. Anyways-

Round 3 winners
Vidius's the Rasping suit defeats RunsAround's Robert!

AccursedBiscuit's Tibiscu defeats Psychotic's Donovan!

Round 4: Matchups
Dusk9's Kane versus Loki's Felix Mcmaster
A small mining outpost stands beside the icepeaked mountains, slowly withering away against the teeth of time. Perhaps one day this used to be a bustling place, but now it lies abandoned. Whether this be because they exhausted the metal the mountains harbored, or the fact they found something they did not want to mess with is unknown- All you know is that supposedly, one of the maze-like paths cut straight through to the other side. A handy shortcut, for those not spooked by what the mines might contain- Or another traveler looking to do the same.

Arydra's Firorn versus Lingrem's Naklin
The grove is quite an odd location, often said to be magical, for many reasons- Firstly, it's sheer beauty, tall trees covered with vines carrying beautiful flowers rising to the ceilings of the trees, many over at least 20 meters in height. Secondly, the creatures that inhibit the grove. Most of them magical, such as pixies- As well as a lot of not so friendly predators. And lastly, the fact it survives in it's environment- The area around the grove nothing more than hills, the climate never being able to suggest trees of the size, towering far above them. Perhaps it's not truly necessary to travel through the place- But one cannot deny that it looks very interesting."

I'mBob's Mazugord versus Ramsa's Konor Dunai
Arriving at a rather large city, your attention is drawn to a large ship like structure, a giant balloon attached above it, anchored to the ground with many chains, a few large engines attached to it's back. A man with a large mustache stands in front, advertising the creation as the "revolution of travel"- At first you might have thought of simply moving on with your journey as you notice the destination it's first flight is headed to- Further north. And you're pretty sure, that the ship is still faster than walking, as you cough up the fee for travel, joining the ship. It is only after it's aloft, and the gossips starts up, you hear word of another adventurer being on board- Probably looking for the stone just as you.

Time to submit is as usual, next sunday 23.59pm forum time. Good luck.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Why do I feel like I am going to lose? Probably because Lingrem is a damned good writer. All I can hope for is to lose gracefully with some small tattered remnant of honor still intact.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:26 am

I take it, since Loki dropped out, I'm only up against the character and not the person?

I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad that I'm effectively getting a free pass through the first two fights (yes, I know score is the important bit, but still... :P ).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:29 am

Yeah. Sorry Dusk! It was either that or a three way fight, and I'm not sure if I wanted to do something like that. Still, looking forward to your entry. :)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:44 am

Heh, three way fight would've been quite fun. Maybe later :P

Anyway, yeah, this should still be fun to do. At least this time my opponent can be affected by mind stuff (assuming I didn't miss anything in his entry form).