Clan Altogetha: Aftermath

For all games that are now over.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: Clan Altogetha: Turn 36

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Maybe it has a chance or some are just some "blind" buttons without a function. I just hope you don't catch a negative mutation before we can help. Not sure if I can cure such a thing with "cure disease" - if I manage to find that spell.
:zzz:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:51 am

CroverusRaven wrote:But nothing happened when I jumped on the 2nd one, only when I jumped on the red.

Dodger tries the buttons in order: Blue, Green, Purple, Red. He prepares himself to catch the edges if he starts to fall through again,
Nothing happened? Look closer: The blue liquid had risen further, the green one sunken lower, AND the number II below the pic of Worf lit up in green.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:58 am

GathersIngredients wrote:
CroverusRaven wrote:But nothing happened when I jumped on the 2nd one, only when I jumped on the red.

Dodger tries the buttons in order: Blue, Green, Purple, Red. He prepares himself to catch the edges if he starts to fall through again,
Nothing happened? Look closer: The blue liquid had risen further, the green one sunken lower, AND the number II below the pic of Worf lit up in green.
Yes, you are right. I did miss that. So it is blue-green-purple-red it seems.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:43 am

When I said nothing happened, I mean, that jumping on the Green one didn't end badly for me. It wasn't till I jumped on the Red that everything reset.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:11 am

Update incoming :)

So while drawing some new rooms, I drew a monster that was so genuinely horrifying, it actually creeped me out a bit :lol:

Virtual cookie to the person who sees which one it is when we get there :P
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:27 am

Turn 38

Licks and Soul beat the other Dretch into the ground, sending it splooshing back to Hell. Sees tends to Worf's wounds in the meantime, and is relieved to see that he hasn't contracted any diseases from the demons.

Dodger pushes the buttons in order - blue... green... violet... red! The chest in the tube rises up to within reach and a small shelf slides out from under it, holding it in place! The [Green Funky Mutagen] pond has all but dried up however, leaving only a few small pools.

Current Stats:
► Show Spoiler
Puzzle Explanation:
► Show Spoiler
Before I forget again, as it got deleted with the old forum, I'ma repost my thanks to LSN for the vargouille drawing. Cheers :)
Last edited by Jibjib on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Sees breaks open the crates and collects any armor that fits him or weapons like axe, mace, morning star, hammer or whatever might be good against undead. If he finds another white book, he will read it right away, hoping to learn about dealing with diseases.

He also heals Soul when he asks, saying "Sure, here you go".
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:58 pm

Dodger checks the chest for traps (paranoia saves lives) then loots it.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:05 pm

"I would like to get some healing please, those spell really drain my energy..." Soul says and then goes to inspect the drawing with the wizard on it. "So, wizard. You look stuck, need any help?" Soul says and laugh at himself talking to a painting.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Licks inspects the painting/tapestry and/or (if soul's examination did reveal everything there is to find about it) the slit below it for anything unusual (that includes traps). If everything seems safe and nothing obvious is to do with it, he'll move to the left afterwards.

JibJib, thank you very much for keeping the stats accurate and easily accessible in each post. If I may suggest so, would you consider that you add the cool down time to Charge! ability please? Or, if you want less editing, the turn it was last used in (everyone should be able to add a +5 to the number and figure out when it's reusable, instead of you having to post CD 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 on 5 consecutive turns. ;) ); either way it would be of great help to keep track. :)
► Show Spoiler

Jibjib
Game Master

Re: Clan Altogetha: Turn 38

Post by Jibjib » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:05 am

Looking at his posts, runsaround hasn't been on in over a week, so could you guys vote for Worf's action this turn?

Jib

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:47 am

Worf should help sees with the crates.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:56 pm

I'mBob wrote:Worf should help sees with the crates.
x2

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Worf should help, but by checking for traps on the crates. We might not be able to disarm them without dodger, but we don't have to let them blow up in our faces. :bomb:
► Show Spoiler

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Wed May 01, 2013 7:24 am

Turn 39

Soul examines the tapestry on the wall. The tiny wizard, who has been sewn in intricate detail, right down to the tiny sapphire-chip eyes, seems to be pointing at something that isn't there...

Licks examines the bar underneath, and noting the glue holding it to the wall, snaps it off. He is left holding a [Machine Part], which by lucky chance and predictable storytelling, appears to fit in the pulley system in the room above.

Sees heals Soul of his spell fatigue, then with Worf's help, cracks open two of the crates. They are tightly packed with straw, but tipping this out reveals, among various bits of undrawable junk, a [Small Leather Pouch] containing 8 [Shiny golden discs], and in the second one, a mysterious [Stone Staff]!

Dodger reaches up to his hard won chest, and opens it, finding another [Machine Part] and a [Black Book o' Tricks]!

Current Stats:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Wed May 01, 2013 7:37 am

"Give the staff to the mage, my friends, everyone know that..." Soul says and makes a :shifty: face expression. He then equips the staff and checks what it does.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Clan Altogetha: Turn 39

Post by Nerre » Wed May 01, 2013 12:12 pm

Sees picks up the pouch with the discs and attackes it to his belt, then he heals Soul again.
"Sure, it is to long for my taste in weapons." he says and hands the staff to Soul. "Let's continue the search." he adds to Worf.
Again, he will pick up any armor that might fight him (especially a second shoulder piece) and one hand weapons with bludgeoning damage like mace, morning star, axe or whatever might be good against undead. If he finds another white book, he will read it right away, hoping to learn about dealing with diseases.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Wed May 01, 2013 9:41 pm

I forget, have we determined who uses the black books?

Dodger stores the machine part and flips through the book our of sheer curiosity, then goes into stealth mode, as he plans to head back to the pulley room soon.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu May 02, 2013 2:15 am

black was rogue last time.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu May 02, 2013 1:40 pm

I think the black book of tricks taught dodger something the last time...

Licks examines the bits of the ramp that broke (picks them up, if he can), and moves left.
► Show Spoiler

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Thu May 02, 2013 10:03 pm

Then yea, deff reading it. I think the last time it taught me to sneak? Yes, sneak was learned last time. My starting skill was disabling traps.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sat May 04, 2013 10:32 am

Just to let you guys know, WhirdCheese will be temporarily replacing Runsaround as Worf to get the game running a bit smoother

Thanks,

Jib

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Sat May 04, 2013 11:43 am

Worf pulls open the third crate as well as picking up anything still on the floor that no one else has picked up.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat May 04, 2013 1:37 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:Then yea, deff reading it. I think the last time it taught me to sneak? Yes, sneak was learned last time. My starting skill was disabling traps.
Here is the list again of what I remember, did post it about 3 pages earlier.

Sees: White Book o' Healing (I think somebody found it in the rocks and gave it to him)
Dodger: Black Book o' Tricks (I think it was black, it is the one Sees picked up and gave Dodger)
Soul: Red Book o' ??? (You had a red book teaching you ember, right?)
Licks: No Book yet as far as I remember.
Worf: Grey Book o' Tricks

Beside that I think we also found an orange book, but maybe I am confusing that with Souls red book.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sat May 04, 2013 2:00 pm

The orange book taught Licks "Charge!" :)

Update incoming!