GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 25)

For all games that are now over.
Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 1)

Post by Runsaround » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:12 am

It seems I have misattributed Ka'a's location to Fails'. Fails moves to C9.

I also support the spec ops to B8.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:37 am

Sorry, been more antisocial than usual. I agree with moving Ka'A to c11.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Hey, great to have you back. Being not online is not antisocial. There is life outside the internet as well. ;)
:zzz:

Nerre
Game Master

GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 2)

Post by Nerre » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:54 pm

OPERATION: SPACE ODYSSEY

Mission 2: Silent Surprise
After the minesweeper crew successfully cleared the huge minefield during Mission Asteroid Slalom, your fleet now has arrived. While they fight big battles, your squad has already a new asignment. A shield generator has been located on a porous asteroid, which protects the enemy's spacestation. While your fleet can wipe out the enemy fleet, it cannot attack the station while it is protected by the powerfull shield.
Since the generator asteroid also is surrounded by a strong shield, only small objects can be teleported in, and only one at a time. Such as a person in a space suit. Your task is to clear the path for a special ops squad that will try to raid the generator base. To make sure most of them arrive, your task is to clear their path. From time to time, you will get special ops members to help you fight hostile forces. They share the teleportation windows with your team. Try not to explode mines, as it might attract hostile forces and block teleportation windows for other players and the special ops. You start in turn 0 after all of you have been teleported in.
Turn 2

Information:
- each tile with a number also has an equal amount of red dots in the upper left corner, just in case you cannot read the number cause of the player avatars.
- your blasters have a range of 3 and deal 1 damage (diagonally = 1.5 tiles). You automatically defend yourself, but do not automatically aid somebody. You can shoot while moving.
- you have 5 health. Lost health can be regained by doing a repair action, restoring 2 health per turn.
- if you can at least fly 1.5 tiles per turn, you can move diagonally (diagonally = 1.5 tiles). If one of the adjacent tiles, which you would have to pass with none-diagonal movement, is an active mine not marked with a beacon, you have a 50% chance to trigger it.
- if you can at least fly 2 tiles per turn, you can pass several tiles per turn or move at 50% speed and still do an attack, repair or place-beacon action.
- better spacesuits might have better values.
- You can only deployed on column A-C until somebody reaches a column further to the right, no matter if PC or special ops NPC. Once somebody reached a column, it is then unlocked for deployment for the rest of the game.

Actions:
Comes-to-late flies to A3 and uncovers a 1.
Fails-to-see flies to C9, which is already explored and safe, weren't it for the defense turret on E8. It aktivates, but decides to fire on Pats
Ka's Splaat flies to C11 and uncovers a 3.
Makes-it-go-boom flies to C6, which is already explored and safe.
Pats-Asteroids flies to C7, which is already explored and safe, weren't it for the defense turret on E8. It aktivates and fires a volley of blue plasma shots at him. He is lucky and only one shot hits him, dealing 1 damage. He automatically fires at the attacking turret and deals 1 damage. This did barely scratch the paint of the turret.
Spec ops 1 is deployed to B8.
Column C has been unlocked for deployment.

Nobody did die, but the next spec ops is not ready yet, so nobody teleports in.

.[tabs: Comes]
Name: Comes-to-late
Health: 5/5 hp
Speed: 1.5 tiles/turn
Attack frequency: 1 /turn
Attack strength: 1 dam
Attack range: 3 tiles
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Fails]
Name: Fails-to-see
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Ka'a]
Name: Ka'a Splaat
Health: 6/6 hp
Attack strength: 1.5 dam
Specializations:
- "Minefield marshaller" (you can place 2 beacons in on round, or move and still place 1 beacon)
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Makes]
Name: Makes-it-go-boom
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Pats]
Name: Pats asteroids
Health: 4/5 hp
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]

.[tabs: Spec ops 1]
Name: Spec ops 1
Health: 10/10 hp
Speed: 1 tiles/turn
Weapon: Laser gun
Attack frequency: 2 /turn
Attack strength: 2 dam
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]

unlimited spots left, Please chose a unique name, a unique color and your starting field. There will always be up to 5 player chars on the map.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 2)

Post by Runsaround » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:30 pm

Fails is a little spooked, but proceeds to D10.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:50 pm

Makes-it-go-boom will move to C5.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:22 pm

Shocked his paint scheme has been damaged Pats veers off to D6.

Do we give special ops their instructions or do the just act independently, coz i want it to go shoot what shot me.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:30 pm

You instruct it where to go and what to shoot.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Can it uncover tiles or only go to revealed squares?

I suggest it moves to C8 and fires on the turret. (can it stay still?)
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:52 pm

Ka'A places a beacon on a C10, and shouts "Ever Onward!" and blithely flies onto D11.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:36 am

Comes-too-late flies to A4.
"I propose to send SO1 to C8 and let it take out the defense turret on E8."
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:43 am

the spec ops can move and fight like you, but has better battle attributes. He cannot uncover mines or place beacons. Standing still is no problem. He is a bit slower than you due to his heavy suit.

Edit: While he cannot uncover mine indicator numbers on tiles, he can step onto unexplored tiles to see if there is a mine. He can also push the advancement by stepping into a not yet unlocked column.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:08 am

After the minesweeper crew successfully cleared the huge minefield during Mission Asteroid Slalom, your fleet now has arrived. While they fight big battles, your squad has already a new asignment. A shield generator has been located on a porous asteroid, which protects the enemy's spacestation. While your fleet can wipe out the enemy fleet, it cannot attack the station while it is protected by the powerfull shield.
Since the generator asteroid also is surrounded by a strong shield, only small objects can be teleported in, and only one at a time. Such as a person in a space suit. Your task is to clear the path for a special ops squad that will try to raid the generator base. To make sure most of them arrive, your task is to clear their path. From time to time, you will get special ops members to help you fight hostile forces. They share the teleportation windows with your team. They cannot uncover tiles or place beacons, but move and fight just like you. They can take more hits and deal more damage. Try not to explode mines, as it might attract hostile forces and block teleportation windows for special ops, as players redeploy first. You start in turn 0 after all of you have been teleported in.
Turn 3

Information:
- each tile with a number also has an equal amount of red dots in the upper left corner, just in case you cannot read the number cause of the player avatars.
- your blasters have a range of 3 and deal 1 damage (diagonally = 1.5 tiles). You automatically defend yourself, but do not automatically aid somebody. You can shoot while moving.
- you have 5 health. Lost health can be regained by doing a repair action, restoring 2 health per turn.
- if you can at least fly 1.5 tiles per turn, you can move diagonally (diagonally = 1.5 tiles). If one of the adjacent tiles, which you would have to pass with none-diagonal movement, is an active mine not marked with a beacon, you have a 50% chance to trigger it.
- if you can at least fly 2 tiles per turn, you can pass several tiles per turn or move at 50% speed and still do an attack, repair or place-beacon action.
- You can only deployed on column A-D until somebody reaches a column further to the right, no matter if PC or special ops NPC. Once somebody reached a column, it is then unlocked for deployment for the rest of the game.

Actions:
Comes-to-late flies to A4 and uncovers a 2.
Fails-to-see flies to D10, which, to his regret, is a mine. He explodes. His clone will be redeployed in turn 5 (post actions after turn 4). He was now within the shooting range of the tower on F10. It fires a volley of blue plasma shots, but there is nothing left to hit for them.
Ka's Splaat flies to D11 and uncovers a 3 and places a warning beacon on C10. He is now within the shooting range of the tower on F10.
Makes-it-go-boom flies to C5 and uncovers a 0, triggering the discovery of all 5 adjacent fields. He is now within the shooting range of the tower on E3. It aktivates and fires a volley of blue plasma shots at him. He is hit by 2 shots him, dealing 1 damage each. He automatically fires at the attacking turret and deals 1 damage.
Pats-Asteroids flies to D6, uncovering a 2. He is still within the shooting range of the tower on E8. It continues to fire at him. One shot hits him, dealing 1 damage. He automatically fires at the attacking turret and deals 1 damage.
Spec ops 1 flies to C8 and fires at the tower on E8 twice, dealing 4 damage. The tower looks damaged now.

Column D has been unlocked for deployment.

Fails did die, but since he is not yet ready to teleport in again next turn, a spec ops gets to use the teleport window. Decide where he should be deployed at the beginning of next turn.

Player Chars:.[tabs: Comes]
Name: Comes-to-late
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Health: 6/6 hp
Specializations:
- "Minefield marshaller" (you can place 2 beacons in on round, or move and still place 1 beacon)
► Show Spoiler
Health: 3/5 hp
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]NPC:.[tabs: Spec ops 1]
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Spec ops 2]
Name: Spec ops 2
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]Hostile:.

unlimited spots left, Please chose a unique name, a unique color and your starting field. There will always be up to 5 player chars on the map.
Last edited by Nerre on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 3)

Post by Krulle » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:31 am

Spec OPs at D4 (teleport)
The other continues firing.
(he teleports although a mine exploded?)

Comes-too-late flags a mine at A5, then flags B3 (for the round afterwards, should I not be able to)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:38 pm

The "blocks the teleportation window" means that if one of you dies, he has to respawn. If that would occur in the same turn as a spec ops member could be deployed, the spec ops member would have to wait till the next free window.
It does not mean that a mine explosion by some EMP effect or whatever blocks the window.

I changed the description in the mission info to make it clearer. If somebody can phrase it better please suggest it in a spoiler. :)

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:06 pm

Makes-it-go-boom will move to C4, and shoot the turret.

Spec Ops 2 spawn D4 and kill the damn turret in e3.

Spec Ops 1 fry the turret in e8.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:39 pm

Ka'A will move to E11 and fire on the turret on F10.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:09 pm

Pats asteroid moves to E6 if turret that keeps shooting me is not dead shoot it.

Special ops 1 moves to D8 (its safe) and fire on turrent again.

Special ops 2 teleport to D4 seems fine. (fire on turret)
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:30 am

Fails-to-See grows the beginnings of a brain.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:06 am

Whilst i hate to make things worse for myself, I will say i should have 1 less hp in the stats.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:37 am

Thanks Patdragon, I corrected it. For the ones playing the first time: Keep in mind the option to do a repair action if you run low in hp.

Nerre
Game Master

GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 4)

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:06 pm

Since the generator asteroid also is surrounded by a strong shield, only small objects can be teleported in, and only one at a time. Such as a person in a space suit. Your task is to clear the path for a special ops squad that will try to raid the generator base. To make sure most of them arrive, your task is to clear their path. From time to time, you will get special ops members to help you fight hostile forces. They share the teleportation windows with your team, and can move and fight just like you, only with different attributes. Try not to explode mines, as it might attract hostile forces and block possible teleportation windows for spec ops if players have to respawn. You start in turn 0 after all of you have been teleported in.
Turn 4

Information:
- you have 5 health. Lost health can be regained by doing a repair action, restoring 2 health per turn. This is a full turn action, no other actions allowed.
- if you have more than one attack, you can split them between several targets.
- You can only deployed on column A-E until somebody reaches a column further to the right, no matter if PC or special ops NPC. Once somebody reached a column, it is then unlocked for deployment for the rest of the game.

Actions:
Comes-too-late places a warning beacon on A5.
Fails-to-see awakes in the cloning tank. He will be equipped and send back to the minefield in 5. He should decide where he wants to be deployed.
Ka's Splaat flies to E11 and uncovers a 3. He fires at the tower on F10, which returns the fire. Half of the towers plasma volley hits. Ka deals 1.5 dam, tower F10 3.
Makes-it-go-boom flies to C4, which is already explored and safe. The tower on E3 activates and fires a volley of blue plasma shots at him. He receives 2 damage and deals 1 to tower E3.
Pats-Asteroids flies to E6, uncovering a 3. He deals 1 damage to tower on E8. The tower however, turns on spec ops 1, who dealt a lot more damage to it. Tower G4 activates and fires a volley of blue plasma balls on Pats, but all miss.
Spec ops 1 flies to C8 and fires at the tower on E8 twice, dealing 4 damage. The tower looks severly damaged now. The tower returns fire, dealing 3 damage to spec ops 1.
Spec ops 2 is deployed to D4 and fires on the tower on E3, dealing 4 damage, which looks damaged now.

Column E has been unlocked for deployment.

Fails has to use the teleportation window for his return this turn.

Player Chars:.[tabs: Comes]
Name: Comes-too-late
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Health: 3/6 hp
Specializations:
► Show Spoiler
Health: 1/5 hp
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]NPC:.[tabs: Spec ops 1]
Health: 7/10 hp
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Spec ops 2]
Name: Spec ops 2
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]Hostile:.

Last edited by Nerre on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 4)

Post by Krulle » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Comes-too-late marks B3 with a warning beacon.

[ooc]once again I am spelled wrong ... "too", not "to"[/ooc]

"Is each tower also a mine? E3 also includes a mine...
Other mines are detected at B3, D7, D9, and A10. Be careful please..."
"Also note that the tower at G8 did not shoot, while Pats is in range. Does the central structure shiele the sensor's line of sight?"

Nerre
Game Master

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 4)

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:51 pm

I really should change it in the source file and not only the current update. Next time it should be okay. :D

Krulle: The tower shot, but all shots missed (lucky dice roll for you), which is why I forgot to paint it into the picture. Did correct it, please press F5 to update picture and text.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:10 pm

Makes-it-go-boom will move to C3, and shoot the turret.

Spec Ops 2 kill the turret in e3.

Spec Ops 1 fry the turret in e8.