GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 25)

For all games that are now over.
Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 9)

Post by Runsaround » Fri May 01, 2015 7:22 am

DIE BASTARDS!

Fails fires on the closest enemy soldier.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Fri May 01, 2015 9:12 am

Ka'A will make a tactical retreat to D8 while firing on the nearest enemy soldier.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri May 01, 2015 10:23 am

Comes-too-late marks E3 as a mine.

SO1: waits for teleport window
SO2: fires at enemy soldiers.
SO3: repair action
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat May 02, 2015 1:09 pm

I need 2 more posts for the update. Thanks! :)
:zzz:

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat May 02, 2015 6:43 pm

spawn e4 fire f6 building
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sat May 02, 2015 6:54 pm

Makes moves to C2
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Nerre
Game Master

GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 10)

Post by Nerre » Sun May 03, 2015 12:52 am

OPERATION: SPACE ODYSSEY

Mission 2: Silent Surprise
After the minesweeper crew successfully cleared the huge minefield during Mission Asteroid Slalom, your fleet now has arrived. While they fight big battles, your squad has already a new asignment. A shield generator has been located on a porous asteroid, which protects the enemy's spacestation. While your fleet can wipe out the enemy fleet, it cannot attack the station while it is protected by the powerfull shield.
Since the generator asteroid also is surrounded by a strong shield, only small objects can be teleported in, and only one at a time. Such as a person in a space suit. Your task is to clear the path for a special ops squad that will try to raid the generator base. To make sure most of them arrive, your task is to clear their path. From time to time, you will get special ops members to help you fight hostile forces. They share the teleportation windows with your team, and can move and fight just like you, only with different attributes. Try not to explode mines, as it might attract hostile forces and block possible teleportation windows for spec ops if players have to respawn. You start in turn 0 after all of you have been teleported in.
Turn 10

Information:
- you start with 1 mp (movement point) as a new character. You can shoot for free, even while moving.
- you start with 5 health. Lost health can be regained by doing a repair action, restoring 2 health per turn. This is a full turn action, no other actions or movement allowed.
- moving diagonally costs 1.5 mp, moving up/down/left/right costs 1 mp.
- placing a beacon/flag costs 1 mp, and so will special actions that may come later.
- the more mp you gain,the quicker you can move. Once you reach 2 mp, you can also spend 1 of your mp for a special action or to place a beacon. You can move normally with the rest of your mp. But you cannot place 2 beacons or buy more actions like this.
- if you move diagonally and one of the adjacent tiles, which you would have to pass with none-diagonal movement, is an active mine not marked with a beacon, you have a 50% chance to trigger it.
- your blasters start with a range of 3 and 1 damage. You automatically defend yourself, but do not automatically aid somebody or attack.
- if you have more than one attack, you can split them between several targets.
- each tile with a number also has an equal amount of red dots in the upper left corner, just in case you cannot read the number cause of the player avatars.
- better spacesuits might have better values.
- You can only deployed on column A-E until somebody reaches a column further to the right, no matter if PC or special ops NPC. Once somebody reached a column, it is then unlocked for deployment for the rest of the game.

Actions:
The hostile soldiers reposition so the end up on the tiles F6, F7 and F8.
Comes-too-late places a beacon on the remains of tower E3.
Fails-to-see stays on C7 and deals 1 damage to the hostile soldier on F7. The soldier fires on Ka, since he is the closest target.
Ka's Splaat flies to D8, uncovering a 2. He then fires at the closest hostile soldier on F8, dealing 1.5 damage while receiving 2 from two hostiles firing at him.
Makes-it-go-boom flies to C2, which is already explored and safe.
Pats-Asteroids is deployed to E4, uncovering a 2. He fires at the building on F6 and deals 1 damage.
Spec ops 1 is ready to be redeloyed.
Spec ops 2 fires at the hostile soldier on F6, severly damaging his suit while dealing 4 damage. He receives 1 damage in return.
Spec ops 3 stays on D2 and repairs his suit for 2 hp, bringing it back to full health.

Spec ops 1 will respawn, decide where.

Player Chars:.[tabs: Comes]
Name: Comes-too-late
Health: 5/5 hp
Speed: 1.5 tiles/turn
Attack frequency: 1 /turn
Attack strength: 1 dam
Attack range: 3 tiles
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Fails]
Name: Fails-to-see
Health: 4/5 hp
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Ka'a]
Name: Ka'a Splaat
Health: 3/6 hp
Attack strength: 1.5 dam
Specializations:
- "Minefield marshaller" (you can place 2 beacons in on round, or move and still place 1 beacon)
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Makes]
Name: Makes-it-go-boom
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Pats]
Name: Pats asteroids
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]NPC:.[tabs: Spec ops 1]
Name: Spec ops 1
Health: 10/10 hp
Speed: 1 tiles/turn
Weapon: Laser gun
Attack frequency: 2 /turn
Attack strength: 2 dam
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Spec ops 2]
Name: Spec ops 2
Health: 2/10 hp
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Spec ops 3]
Name: Spec ops 3
Weapon: Blaster launcher
Attack strength: 6 dam
Attack range: 2 tiles
Weapon: Laser Pistol
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]Hostile:.[tabs: Soldier F6]
Damage taken: 4
[tabs: Soldier F7]
Damage taken: 1
[tabs: Soldier F8]
Damage taken: 1.5
[tabs: Tower F10]
Damage taken: 12.5
[tabs: Building F6]
Damage taken: 3
[tabs: Tower G4]
Damage taken: 16 - destroyed
[tabs: Tower E3]
Damage taken: 15 - destroyed
[tabs: Tower E8]
Damage taken: 15 - destroyed[/tabs]

unlimited spots left, Please chose a unique name, a unique color and your starting field. There will always be up to 5 player chars on the map.
Last edited by Nerre on Mon May 04, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun May 03, 2015 1:13 am

Comes-too-late fires at F6.

SO1: teleports E6 and fires at enemies
SO3: moves E2 and fires at tower G1

Missing enemy soldiers in the list of hostiles...

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 10)

Post by Zigit » Sun May 03, 2015 7:02 am

"Mine detected on D9, deploying beacon. I'm under heavy fire! Focus fire on enemy on F6!" Ka'A

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sun May 03, 2015 7:04 am

Makes to D2
Spec Ops 3 to E2 fire on G1.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sun May 03, 2015 7:16 am

"Taste my BEAMS!"

Fails continues to fire his laser pistol at the closest enemy spaceman.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun May 03, 2015 8:03 am

Zigit wrote:"Mine detected on D9, deploying beacon. I'm under heavy fire! Focus fire on enemy on F6!" Ka'A
"That's why I changed my move from marking mine to firing. go and shoot your own gun!"
[edit]"sorry, forgot you're a mine marshaller. Splat it, Ka'A!"[/edit]
Last edited by Krulle on Sun May 03, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun May 03, 2015 12:32 pm

SO1: teleports E6 and fires at enemies
Please specify the exact target. You can condition it like "F8 if he does not move out of range, else F7, then F6. If none stay in range, fight on building F6". The closest might end up being a clear target, but it can also end with several targets being equally close. Just don't make dice to choose a target for you. ;)

@Moose: You can shoot while moving in case you want to keep advancing even during the fight.

I also edited the update, the hostile soldiers are listed now.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun May 03, 2015 4:51 pm

fly f4 fire on f6 spaceman if in range or f6 building if not
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Sun May 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Krulle wrote:
Zigit wrote:"Mine detected on D9, deploying beacon. I'm under heavy fire! Focus fire on enemy on F6!" Ka'A
"That's why I changed my move from marking mine to firing. go and shoot your own gun!"
[edit]"sorry, forgot you're a mine marshaller. Splat it, Ka'A!"[/edit]
Ka'A makes a remark in his native tongue which you're pretty sure has something to do with your mother. :)

Seriously, I was under the impression that you could always fire your weapons in a turn... Does this mean I could move as well? Could we get some clarification, Nerre?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun May 03, 2015 9:44 pm

You can shoot while moving, but there's nothing about flagging.
I'm just annoyed at myself for having not tried to do both to help you and flag... :p

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon May 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Okay, I will try to make it a bit clearer:

The base rules are:
- you have 1 mp (movement point) and can shoot for free as a new character.
- placing a beacon/flag costs 1 mp, and so will special actions that may come later.
- The more mp you gain,the quicker you can move. Once you reach 2 mp, you can also spend 1 of your mp for a special action or to place a beacon. You can move normally with the rest of your mp. But you cannot place 2 beacons or buy more actions like this.

I just spotted a mistake I did in this game, I allowed KA once this game to place a beacon and move. Sorry for that, maybe I was too tired to spot it.

PS: Also edited into the last update. If you got any questions or spot a mistake/paradox, please report it to me. :)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon May 04, 2015 1:19 pm

If you look at the player character sheet, Ka'a Splat can. He is Mine marshaller, and according to what you wrote in his character sheet, he can either flag twice in one round, or flag and move.
Ther's no hint about shooting, but then if he's targeted shooting back is part of automatic defense, but if he's not targeted he should not be shooting... Did I get that right?

Oh, and all of us have a movement rate of 1,5 MP, so that even beginners can do diagonal...
The way.you "clarified" makes it look like you'll need improvements to be able to fly diagonally....

:p

Just wanting to remove all clarities so we can play with arbitrary decisions by the GM....

(and I'm more annoyed with myself. Originally my move was to flag the mine, then I saw that I'm in range to shoot, so Imchamged it by deleting the flagging... :p
Sorry to let this spill... )

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon May 04, 2015 1:29 pm

A, thanks! I am very tired and exhausted and should to go to bed soon. Now I know why I allowed him to do it. :D
Yes, the marshaller grants him the ability to place a beacon for free. He can place 2 on this map, but only if he does not move, as he needs 1 of his 1.5 mp to spend for the action to place the 2nd beacon.

The hint for shooting remains as it was, I only wrote the movement related into the post. Look at the last update, there is the full updated rules.
Shooting is free, everybody can do it combined with others actions, except repairing. You cannot do autodefend while repairing. (I imagine it as the suit shutting down and going into a low power debug + repair mode until the repair action is done, which is when it will boot again). If you attack, this takes up your free attack actions, you will not attack twice (once normal and once as autodefend, except if you have 2 attacks per turn).

Attacks and movement are treated similar, once you have 2 or more you can do several of them.
Beacon and special actions and repair actions have a limit of 1 per turn and are exclusly, meaning you cannot place a Beacon and do a repair action, no matter how much mp you got. Only way to get around this is by getting the right special ranks. (like the minefield marshaller)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed May 06, 2015 1:56 pm

Krulle wrote:The way.you "clarified" makes it look like you'll need improvements to be able to fly diagonally....
:p
:lol: the 1.5 speed is a software update the group earned in game 1, so now players start with that speed as long as a member who already got the software update is there to give it forward to the new recruits. If Ka would have not joined this game, none of the players of game 1 would have been here, so nobody would have been able to forward the update. It is correct that all need improvement to fly diagonally. You just got it right from the start thanks to him. ;)

Nerre
Game Master

GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 11)

Post by Nerre » Wed May 06, 2015 2:12 pm

OPERATION: SPACE ODYSSEY

Mission 2: Silent Surprise
After the minesweeper crew successfully cleared the huge minefield during Mission Asteroid Slalom, your fleet now has arrived. While they fight big battles, your squad has already a new asignment. A shield generator has been located on a porous asteroid, which protects the enemy's spacestation. While your fleet can wipe out the enemy fleet, it cannot attack the station while it is protected by the powerfull shield.
Since the generator asteroid also is surrounded by a strong shield, only small objects can be teleported in, and only one at a time. Such as a person in a space suit. Your task is to clear the path for a special ops squad that will try to raid the generator base. To make sure most of them arrive, your task is to clear their path. From time to time, you will get special ops members to help you fight hostile forces. They share the teleportation windows with your team, and can move and fight just like you, only with different attributes. Try not to explode mines, as it might attract hostile forces and block possible teleportation windows for spec ops if players have to respawn. You start in turn 0 after all of you have been teleported in.
Turn 11

Information:
- you start with 1 mp (movement point) as a new character. You can shoot for free, even while moving.
- you start with 5 health. Lost health can be regained by doing a repair action, restoring 2 health per turn. This is a full turn action, no other actions or movement allowed.
- the more mp you gain,the quicker you can move. Once you reach 2 mp, you can also spend 1 of your mp for a special action or to place a beacon. You can move normally with the rest of your mp. But you cannot place 2 beacons or buy more actions like this.
- if you move diagonally and one of the adjacent tiles, which you would have to pass with none-diagonal movement, is an active mine not marked with a beacon, you have a 50% chance to trigger it.
- your blasters start with a range of 3 and 1 damage. You automatically defend yourself, but do not automatically aid somebody or attack.
- if you have more than one attack, you can split them between several targets.
- each tile with a number also has an equal amount of red dots in the upper left corner, just in case you cannot read the number cause of the player avatars.
- better spacesuits might have better values.
- You can only deployed on column A-E until somebody reaches a column further to the right, no matter if PC or special ops NPC. Once somebody reached a column, it is then unlocked for deployment for the rest of the game.

Actions:
The hostile soldiers stay on the tiles F6, F7 and F8.
Comes-too-late stays on D4 and fires at the hostile soldier on F6. The target dies instantly as almost all of you fire at it simultanously. Such a waste of firepower. At least the soldier died so quick he was not able to fire at anybody. ;)
Fails-to-see stays on C7 and fires at the hostile soldier on F7. The soldier fires on Fails, as he is the only one attacking him. They deal 1 damage to each other.
Ka's Splaat stays on D8 and places a warning beacon on D9. The hostile soldier on F8 deals 1 damage to him.
Makes-it-go-boom flies to D2, which is already explored and safe.
Pats-Asteroids flies to F4, uncovering a 2 and fires at the hostile soldier on F6. The target dies instantly as almost all of you fire at it simultanously. Such a waste of firepower. At least the soldier died so quick he was not able to fire at anybody. ;)

Spec ops 1 is deployed to E6 and fires at the hostile soldier on F6. The target dies instantly as almost all of you fire at it simultanously. Such a waste of firepower. At least the soldier died so quick he was not able to fire at anybody. ;)
Spec ops 2 stays on D5 and fires at the hostile soldier on F6. The target dies instantly as almost all of you fire at it simultanously. Such a waste of firepower. At least the soldier died so quick he was not able to fire at anybody. ;)
Spec ops 3 flies to E2 and fires at tower G1. He deals 6 damage and receives 3 damage.

Since nobody did die, a spec ops gets to use the teleport window. Decide where he should be deployed at the beginning of next turn.
Because two normal spec ops are on the field, you can also choose between several special trainings: missileman (more damage against crafts, less against other), blaster (more against buildings, less against other), hacker (more against drones, less against other), sniper (more against infantry, less against other).

Player Chars:.[tabs: Comes]
Name: Comes-too-late
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Fails]
Name: Fails-to-see
Health: 4/5 hp
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Ka'a]
Name: Ka'a Splaat
Health: 2/6 hp
Attack strength: 1.5 dam
Specializations:
- "Minefield marshaller" (you can place 2 beacons in on round, or move and still place 1 beacon)
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Makes]
Name: Makes-it-go-boom
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Pats]
Name: Pats asteroids
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]NPC:.[tabs: Spec ops 1]
Name: Spec ops 1
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Spec ops 2]
Name: Spec ops 2
Health: 2/10 hp
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Spec ops 3]
Name: Spec ops 3
Health: 7/10 hp
Weapon: Blaster launcher
Attack strength: 6 dam
Attack range: 2 tiles
Weapon: Laser Pistol
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]Hostile:.[tabs: Tower G1]
Damage taken: 6
[tabs: Soldier F7]
Damage taken: 2
[tabs: Soldier F8]
Damage taken: 1.5
[tabs: Tower F10]
Damage taken: 12.5
[tabs: Building F6]
Damage taken: 3
[tabs: Soldier F6]
Damage taken: 14 - dead
[tabs: Tower G4]
Damage taken: 16 - destroyed
[tabs: Tower E3]
Damage taken: 15 - destroyed
[tabs: Tower E8]
Damage taken: 15 - destroyed[/tabs]

unlimited spots left, Please chose a unique name, a unique color and your starting field. There will always be up to 5 player chars on the map.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed May 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Comes-too-late marks E5.

SO1: fires at F7
SO2: repair action
SO3: fires at tower G1
SO4: sniper: teleport in at D6, fires at F7

Oh, and I joined last game (late, and didn't read all up)... There I moved 1.5 too...
So I should've been ble to update others tooo..... Anyway, result is okay like that.
Sleep well!

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 11)

Post by SeeAMoose » Wed May 06, 2015 2:35 pm

Makes moves to D1 fires on G1
SO1: Fire at F7
SO2: repair
SO3: move to E1, fire blaster on G1
SO4: sniper teleport in at D6, fire on F8

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed May 06, 2015 3:39 pm

Yes Krulle, but you came to late. ;) Just kidding. You got the upgrade, so you can spread it. :)

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Wed May 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Ka'A retreats to C9 and fires on the enemy on F8.

I agree on the spec ops moves, except I would appreciate having the sniper spawn on E8, to cover me. :)