GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4486
Location: New Zealand

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by Synch » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:17 am

((Yes I'm aware, I was meaning for All to check the items. They're still Costa's glasses technically :P ))
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6386

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:04 am

I apparently can't read late at night, so just scratch the talking bit and stick with the looting of the man with the mace.. xD
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by Nerre » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:28 am

Remedy throws the cloak over her back to provide some cover for her cloth changing. She removes the smelly and slightly Dirty Dwarf Pants and puts on the black linen pants.
She furls the pants until they are no longer to long to her. Then she puts on the black silk shirt underneath her Swamp hopper vest. (If not possible, she stores it in her backpack and leaves the vest on)

She puts the dirk on her belt (does it come with a sheath?) as a backup weapon. Maybe it will even be a better weapon than the sword, given the fact she is much smaller than a human.
Then she walks over to the mace guy to check him too. Maybe she will find some decent armor here after the first guy got only normal clothes, although they were of fine quality.

OOC: I noticed Remedy got a muddy shirt as head gear? Is this a mistake and it was another item? Or did you copy it in the wrong slot a while ago? Not sure if she has any head gear or not.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 129 in progress

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:35 am

If it was a mistake, it was yours! :lol:
Nerre wrote:She also wipes of as much gore as she can from her face and wraps the muddy shirt around her head to protect herself before she starts to chop at the troll body again.
If you had her remove it after that, I missed it though.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by Nerre » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:29 am

Oh. fully forgot about that. Then she will keep the muddy shirt turban for now. ;)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by nikohl » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:17 pm

All puts on Costa's glasses and starts looking at stuff while she speaks.

"Well, they were sent here by the same man who sent us here, and as I was trying to say before they arrived and interrupted us... it looks like we were sent here on false pretenses. We were told there were spiders attacking traders and blocking an important trade route, when clearly this isn't an important trade route at all; we found planted evidence way back at the start of the trail that looked like it was meant to frame you. And before we got here we found evidence that seems to confirm Moric, our mutual employer, was working with Mother, the swamp witch who creates the thralls, and she was behind the plan to eliminate you guys. Mantagar would have been next, probably at the hands of this group or another one like it. Then maybe even us, to cover it all up at the end, if Moric is as much of a git as he seems to be.

Frankly I've had enough of being attacked by people today, and I didn't want to give them the chance to get me before I got them. And he was annoying. And rude to my friend. So, anyway, why did Mother have such a problem with you? You acted like you weren't even sure who she was, but she certainly knew who you were."
All shows the letter to the gnome, pointing out the sentence about pest problems.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 184)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:12 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 184

Costa and the pup make it back to the forge with the clay, and he sets to work sorting through it to remove any pebbles or organic matter.

Steals moves back north and strips the dead maceman of his belongings. He comes up with a knobbed mace, a black chainshirt with a cowled hood, a black padded tunic, black leather cap, black leather breeches, black leather boots, grey knitted socks, and soiled linen underclothes.


Leaves strips the unlucky spearman of his gear, yielding a light chainshirt, conical helmet, a barbed spear, a black padded tunic, leather breeches, a belt and pouch, leather boots, underclothes, and a small dart stuck in the back of his neck, seemingly constructed out of a mosquito proboscis, wood, and section of mosquito wing. He hauls all the man's gear back up to the party to have it looked over, tapping his eyes and gesturing to All.

Remedy gets naked under the cloak to switch out some of her old stolen gear for the new clothes she found, noticing that she must have missed that the now naked man had a pair of soft, tightly laced black thieve's shoes. She feel's pretty fancy in her new linen pants, even if they are ill fitting for a goblin and she needs to roll the cuffs. The hole through the front of the shirt, and the blood clinging too it doesn't make it more appealing than her current vest. She grabs the dirk and sheath as a backup to her sword. She heads to the mace guy, only to find that Steals has already stripped him naked.

(Wasn't clear to me if she was supposed to actually put on the cloak, I took it to just be shrouding her for modesty reasons.)

The goblins, minotaur and gnome head back to the field of battle, All putting on the glasses at the silent goblin's request. The only gear of the humans that she's able to see that has any aura to it are the dirk and cloak that Remedy has, both seem to be low to moderate level enchantments.

"Well, they were sent here by the same man who sent us here, and as I was trying to say before they arrived and interrupted us... it looks like we were sent here on false pretenses. We were told there were spiders attacking traders and blocking an important trade route, when clearly this isn't an important trade route at all; we found planted evidence way back at the start of the trail that looked like it was meant to frame you. And before we got here we found evidence that seems to confirm Moric, our mutual employer, was working with Mother, the swamp witch who creates the thralls, and she was behind the plan to eliminate you guys. Mantagar would have been next, probably at the hands of this group or another one like it. Then maybe even us, to cover it all up at the end, if Moric is as much of a git as he seems to be.

Frankly I've had enough of being attacked by people today, and I didn't want to give them the chance to get me before I got them. And he was annoying. And rude to my friend. So, anyway, why did Mother have such a problem with you? You acted like you weren't even sure who she was, but she certainly knew who you were."


"Well, if she was responsible for the Muddy Ones, they started blundering into our webs a while back... then arrived in greater numbers, but are none too bright, and were easily snared."

"Well, she controlled their minds, perhaps not directly, but enough that they tried to carry out her will. Maybe they weren't blundering at all? Moric wanted us to clear this path, and Mother's thralls kept throwing themselves down the path... Perhaps you have something they want."

"Perhaps but MORIC. That name IS known to us. It figures he'd have his fingers in this somehow. I have some skill when it comes to textiles, and my friends here produce the perfect fibers to make all kinds of things. I was looking for a market, and Moric approached me, looking to partner up, apparently thinking that a stick-chewing druid would have no mind for business. His offer was far under the value of spidersilk garments, but he didn't take it kindly when I refused him and instead sold to traders like Reg instead."

"Aha...and so when he casually mentioned that there'd be extra gold for us if we recovered any "spare" silks... That sounds even more suspicious now."

"Spare silks!? HA! As if that hack would know what to do with it even if he got his hands on some! It can't be sewn together like cloth, it must be woven directly from the spider! Which is not something that many people have the skill to do... and I doubt any others that do would be able to convince the spider to cooperate You say he was your employer? I'd say that you should have made sure to get paid up front, but then, I'm hoping that you have no intention of completing the job?"

"We might be a league of adventurers, but we're not just thugs for hire. No, we aren't going to complete the job, not now we know it's not on the level. We had our suspicions for quite a while, but now we've met you we're convinced. Still, if those guys had any paperwork from Moric on them that we could add to our pile of proof, it would help when we got back to our HQ. The boss will want to show we don't just doublecross employers or attack other adventurers no reason, it's bad for business. Can I look in their leader's pockets before your friends eat him please?"

"Hmmm, yes... though you better let me do it.", the gnome moves the the downed head henchman and begins patting him down before pulling out a curved blade and making a careful slit in the silk. She reaches her hand in and feels around, tugging out a folded piece of parchment that she hands to All.

Mines heals himself twice. "Does anyone else need healing?" [Mines +2 to 5/5 HP]

Mantagar, returning to the scene of battle with the goblins and gnome, speaks up. "When you have time, it takes more than a few pokes to slow an Ironhorn down." He uses the hem of his apron to dab at the seeping wound delivered by the smiling swordsman.

"Ah, you said you got that from Reg? He commissioned that from us a few months back, I was wondering who it was that would need an apron that large. I hope it's been working well for you."

"Oh! So it's spidersilk then? He didn't say what it was made of, he just brought it with him after I told him what I needed. Durable, fire resistant, not made of... leather. Minotaurs aren't a big fan of leather, generally."

"Yes, he did mention it needed to stand up to heat, I hope that enchantment has been holding?"

"Yup, treated me just fine so far, even kept me from getting stabbed a time or two!"

"Glad to hear it. I'm Ormila, by the way."

((I now realize that I may have neglected to mention, during times when the magic glasses were used previously, that Mantagar's apron has a glow about it... :shrug: ))



► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP


.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
Gender: Male
HP: 4/5
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
STATUS:

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
Gender: Female
HP: 4/5
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
Gender: Female
HP: 4/6
ATT: 3
DEF: 3 (+1 conditional from Buckler)
STATUS:

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
Gender: Male
HP:4/5
ATT: 3/2
DEF: 2 (+1 conditional)
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by nikohl » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:31 pm

All points out the cloak and dirk that Remedy's holding and takes the glasses off for now, since they make her eyes all funny, putting her veil back over her eyes instead. She takes the letter from Ormilla, intending to read it once she's finished speaking.

"Thanks. And since you're sort of a trader yourself, if any of the things these guys had on them are things you don't want or would normally trade away, we might be interested in doing some impromptu bartering while we're here. We have a little gold and some goods between us, and some of their gear might be better or more suitable than ours. Not everyone wants to trade fancy magic items to Goblins and we can't go to every marketplace, so we take every chance we can get to buy or upgrade."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:35 pm

[thumbnail]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AMKvd ... 66-h643-no[/thumbnail]

The parchment is of lower quality than the other letter, and is signed rather than wax stamped at the bottom, but they seem to be from the same hand.


"Ah, any of gear they had won't be... available for some time, and the Muddy Ones never carried too much.... You said you were part of an adventuring league? Are there more of you?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 184)

Post by nikohl » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:05 pm

"Oh yes, back at Headquarters. We take all sorts of work; a while ago we had to go and rescue someone, then we had to find a fountain. That kind of thing."

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4486
Location: New Zealand

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 184)

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:49 am

Leaves raises his hand when Mines mentions healing. He notices the thieves shoes left on the corpse of the assassin, and looking down at his wiggling goblin toes and then seeing Remedy has boots on already, heads over to remove the shoes and put them on.

When All explains Moric's setup, Leaves produces the stinky silk he saved.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 184)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:26 am

((Since it was me, and not Remedy that forgot them, I'd say Nerre has first crack at them, but they aren't magic, don't do anything, and look small for your large goblin feet.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 184)

Post by Nerre » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:48 am

"You can have the shoes if you want. I was mostly looking for better armor anyway. The cloak is nice though" she says to Leaves, wrapping it around her in some Dracula-like movement.

When All points out her items are magical, she thanks him, and takes a closer look at the dagger. "Do you see any effects while I use it?" She swings it several times and compares it to her sword. Does it swing faster, more easily? Does it trigger effects? She even uses it once against the already dead human sneaky guy, stabbing his leg.

"Ah, any of gear they had won't be... available for some time, and the Muddy Ones never carried too much.... You said you were part of an adventuring league? Are there more of you?"
"Oh yes, back at Headquarters. We take all sorts of work; a while ago we had to go and rescue someone, then we had to find a fountain. That kind of thing."
"If you want to hire us, we hope to be up for hire soon."

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6386

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 184)

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:14 am

Steals let's the dead maceman keep his soiled underclothes.

"The rescue turned out to be pretty much like this though. A goblin who wanted his damsel in distress rescued from the oh so evil bugbear but turned out that she married the bugbear voluntarely. If either of you want to trade with us, it should be possible to set up a shop near the head quarter/inn"

While talking he examines the chain shirt to see what kind of quality it is compared to his own armor.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 185)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:02 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 185

Costa alternates working on cleaning the impurities from the clay with tossing a stick for the pup.

Leaves proudly pulls out the swath of silk he'd saved and shows it to Ormila as evidence of Moric's ploy.

"Ewww, that stinks." , she wrinkles up her nose.

The silent goblin shrugs and tucks it away again, moving over to ask Remedy through hand gestures whether she wants the shoes. When she tells him she doesn't he happily pulls them on. They pinch his feet a bit, and aren't really all that comfortable, but look cool and might make it somewhat easier to sneak about. Maybe Ralf could let them out a bit to fit better.

After hearing her loot has magics, Remedy swooshes the cloak around her, shadows shift around and it's hard to say exactly where she is standing. She pulls out the dirk inspects it. The steel of the blade has a rippled look to it, like a rock dropped in water. As she waves it about, a faint orange hue plays among the ripples when the light strikes it just right. She stabs the sneaky guy... he's definitely still dead. Mines sees her playing about with it. "Careful, after he stabbed me with it, I didn't feel very good for a while." He bops Leaves with some healing, sending another towards the minotaur. [Leaves +1 to 5/5 HP, Mantagar +1 to 16/24 HP]

Steals loots everything but the underclothes, holding up the chainshirt to compare it to his own armor. He judges that while it would offer slightly more protection, in its current state it isn't well sized for a goblin, and may require some modification before it wouldn't be awkward to wear. The padded tunic and leather cap don't seem intended to offer any protection on their own, but just serve to make the chain more comfortable. Mantagar might have a better idea of the defensive benefits of the armor.

Ormila chats with the goblins, "...Are there more of you?"

"Oh yes, back at Headquarters. We take all sorts of work; a while ago we had to go and rescue someone, then we had to find a fountain. That kind of thing."

"The rescue turned out to be pretty much like this though. A goblin who wanted his damsel in distress rescued from the oh so evil bugbear but turned out that she married the bugbear voluntarily. If either of you want to trade with us, it should be possible to set up a shop near the head quarter/inn."

"If you want to hire us, we hope to be up for hire soon."

"Hmmm, I usually wait for traders to come to me, but between... Mother was it? Mother apparently taking Reg, and whatever Moric has been up to, there haven't been many traders stopping by... As for hiring you, the only thing I can think of that might need doing is putting an end to Moric's meddling. Most of my work is custom orders, so I don't have much of anything on hand, but perhaps I could stop by and see if anyone is interested... or interested in trading for the gear from Moric's men? How are the rest of your league with spiders... I'm assuming not too keen. I may need another way to get any gear there."

"Oh! I've got a cart! There's another goblin too, he has a sick sword I'm going to help out with after a run in with... well, into a troll, and then she got stuck, but he got her out and she won't stop screa... well, it's a long story, but when I get home I'm gonna get him sorted out and was kind of thinking of going back with him to visit and see if they might need a visiting blacksmith. Would you like to come along? We can load anything you need to bring in my cart."

"That seems reasonable, ummm..."

"Ah, name's Mantagar, Mantagar Ironhorn, blacksmith by trade."

"Mantagar, yes. And as I said, I'm Ormila, a druid, as you might guess from the company I keep. Oh! Since all of you helped foil Moric's attempt to exterminate us, and prevent me from loosing more of my friends... could I offer you my hospitality, and a meal?"

Seeing the goblins and minotaur hesitate, she continues with a laugh, "Oh, don't worry, I keep separate provisions from my friends."

And that, my friends, pretty much brings us to the end of GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat!, unless there is anything else you'd like to do, or alterations you wish to make to loot distribution/trading amongst yourselves. If you accept her offer, I'll just write up an Turn-less epilogue, in which you can consult with Mantagar on some items if you want... he won't be able to ID magical effects, but will be able to give you a good idea of the mundane stats. Additionally, Leaves may be able to eke another ID or two out of his ring, if he'd like to try. There may be other things that you can do as well, but I'm willing to just take a list of what you want to do and write it up in the epilogue (which will also cover Mantagar and Costa... since Asks isn't an active player anymore).

If you guys figure out and finalize inventories, I'll handle getting that information to Badge for updating the Trapper Keeper.

It's been a long ride, with bumps along the way, but I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! Thanks!

► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP


.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
Gender: Male
HP: 4/5
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
STATUS:

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
Gender: Female
HP: 4/5
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
Gender: Female
HP: 4/6
ATT: 3
DEF: 3 (+1 conditional from Buckler)
STATUS:

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
Gender: Male
HP:5/5
ATT: 3/2
DEF: 2 (+1 conditional)
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by Nerre » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Remedy asks Ormilla, Mantagar and All find they can find out more about her magical items.

OOC: Yay, we did it! I had not enough time to read all, so this was a surprise to me. Thought we were not done yet. :D
Looking forward for the next adventure though!

I would like to ask the others if anybody has spare armor. I still run around in normal pants and vests/shirt, nothing that grants +DEF. I am willing to trade stuff that benefits somebody else better. Like I did leave the shoes to Leaves. :)

-I still do not fully know the effects of the amulett I have. It somehow reduces damage by 1, and it heals me with some delay, but only while I stay in battle, as it seems. Or maybe not stay in battle, but while I continue to receive damage. Something like that.
-magical dirk which seems to make the victim unwell, like Mines experienced. Faint orange hue.
-magical cape which seems to help me hide.

The inventory entries are not yet up to date, right?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Epilogue

Mines walks up to Remedy. "Could I get the rest of my rope back? When we get back to HQ, I want to see if Ralf can repair it. Unless you could, Ormila?"

"Hmm? That's fine gnomish construction, and while I could make you new rope, I don't think I could restore that one. Who is Ralf? Is he a gnome as well?"




Nerre wrote:The inventory entries are not yet up to date, right?
As far as I know they are?? Let me know if I missed something, but this should be the breakdown...


.[tabs:Costa]
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]

► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]

► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]

► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4486
Location: New Zealand

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Leaves holds up his ring, advising Mines he is going to use it and may require healing afterwards. He uses the ring to identify his other ring, and then Mother's wrap after that. If he notices any ill effects or weakness following that, he will panto-ask Mines for healing.

He then offers the ring out if anyone wants it, and pantomimes to Orthilla if she could make a spidersilk breathable scarf-mask (like this.)
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:04 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Epilogue

Leaves slips the gold ring over his finger and is once again wracked with pain as it draws blood from his body. [Leaves minus 1/1 to 4/4 HP] As the gold ring flashes brilliant blue and falls from his finger, the end of his finger glows with blue light. He touches it to the silver ring on his other hand.
► Show Spoiler
Huh, interesting. He picks up the gold ring and slips it over his finger again, giving up more health to empower his finger with the special touch. [Leaves minus 1/1 to 3/3 HP]

The ring drops from his finger and he sways on his feet a bit... perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to take the druid up on her offer of food and rest. He pokes his own butt to identify the grubby leather wrap he took from Mother's corpse.
► Show Spoiler
"OYeah, I could easily make you something like that... in fact, if any of you have custom items you'd like for me to make, I'll be able to do them at a discounted rate..."


((Leaves will regain 1/1 in 17 more turns, and the other in 23 more turns (if we were keeping track of turns). The first activation put the cumulative turns of health "stolen" at 32, and the roll was a 56. The second activation put the cumulative turns at 55, and the roll was a 77. Had either of the rolls come in under the cumulative amount, the ring would not have detached. As it is, it could be activated again.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 am

Remedy asks Ormilla, Mantagar and All find they can find out more about her magical items.
She especially asks Mantagar if he can change the chain shirt and helmet to fit her. If not, she will put on the light chain shirt and the conical helmet.

She will also hand back the rope she is wearing as a belt to Mines "Sorry I cut it. But it really helped against mother's magic. Don't throw it away if it cannot be repaired."

Thanks for the great (and long) adventure. :D

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:54 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Epilogue


"Sure! But... I'm kinda hungry, do you mind if we follow Ormila to her place first? We can all relax and eat, and I'll look at whatever you want me to. Ormila, do you have any vegetarian fare?"

"Sure, I've got some greens and roots I can cook up."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6386

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:34 am

Steals would like to use the ring on his magical pendant.

"Food will be great and if you have the time at some point Mantagar, I would like you to see if you can make the chain shirt a bit more goblin friendly so It doesn't seem like a chain dress instead. I would also like your expert opinion about the quality of this mace if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks for a good quest and sorry about ruining both of your estimates of when you would finish this quest :lol:

Also seems Steals, Costa and Mines sucks at looting since we have gotten 2 magic item together while the others have at least 3 each! :P
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:03 am

"Sure! But... I'm kinda hungry, do you mind if we follow Ormila to her place first? We can all relax and eat, and I'll look at whatever you want me to. Ormila, do you have any vegetarian fare?"
"Okay. Kind of hungry too."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13676

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Epilogue

Mantagar, Mines, Steals and Remedy follow along behind Ormila as she walks forward, summoning some of her small spiders with her as a few stay guard over the head henchman and hulking brute until the larger spiders can return to carry them off. The small spider swarm the web, biting it free in the center and allowing to fall to the side an allow access for the goblins and minotaur.

"Food will be great and if you have the time at some point Mantagar, I would like you to see if you can make the chain shirt a bit more goblin friendly so It doesn't seem like a chain dress instead. I would also like your expert opinion about the quality of this mace if it isn't too much trouble.

Remedy asks a similar question as she takes off her shirt to put on the padded tunic and light chain... both of them falling past her knees. She tops it off with a conical helmet that is a touch too large for her, and unbeknownst to her, looks like a green human child playing soldier dress-up.

"Sure, I'll have a look. You guys coming, or you gonna stand around on the trail and chat about loot?

Mines thanks Remedy for the return of the section of rope, most of the iron filings on which have fallen off, and promises not to just throw it out if Ralf can't fix it. He's reminded that he's wearing a pair of boots that aren't his, so returns them to All.

When they get to a shaded clearing, the group finds a huge old willow tree alongside a slow moving brook. Silken hammocks are constructed for them, and any silk wrapped henchmen are kept out of sight. As the druid busies herself getting some food around for them, Mantagar takes a look at the chainshirts, mace, and a few of the magic items.

"Hmmm... the light chain and helmet are made well enough, and would certainly stop many blades. You'd have to leave them with me, but I can certainly modify them to fit your frame better... I keep the left over material and we call it even? Since you guys are friends and all.

This black chain is heavier and better made, and will give better protection. The hood might do a bit for you, but I could also remove it so it's not just flopping around if you want your head free. I'd call it the same cost to modify it as the light chain and helmet, it'd leave me a bit of material to start rebuilding my business after I had to scrap it all to keep the thralls out.

That's a well made mace, though a bit large for a goblin to swing with one hand, but it'll pack a whallop when you connect, certainly enough to make them think twice!

Ooo, that's a nasty bit of work... blade is well made, haven't seen much of folded steel like that since leaving home. Doesn't quite seem minotaur forged though... edge is screaming sharp though, and thin enough to find its way into the soft parts of an enemy. As for the effect it might have on it, that's beyond my ability to figure out, but if Mines said it made him feel sick, something of that sort is a good starting point.

Sorry Remedy, can't say much about the rest of your things.

Oh, thank you!"
, he says accepting a platter of root veggies and herbs from the druid and munching away happily.
► Show Spoiler
The druid moves over to have a look at some of the items to goblins brought forth. "I'll have a look at some of those things, Remedy. All, was that pouch something you wanted me to look at too? There are more roasted veggies over there, and some roast rabbit and squirrel, if you'd rather.

Oh! Your ran into some Prismatic Snakes! That must have been pretty wild... they are quite tasty, but if carefully... CAREFULLY, remove their fangs, they hold a residual bit of natural magic that mimics the effects they had while still alive. I'm... assuming you witnessed that first hand?

Hmmm... it doesn't seem that this cloak would offer much actual protection, but the shadows sure seem to cling to it, don't they? I suppose if they can't see you, they can't hit you?

Where did you get this pouch? I can't identify the dried meat, but the herbs are ones I know are used in healing, though most don't grow around here.

I can't place what sort of creature this scale came from, sorry.

Hmmmm, what ever this sphere is, I'm pretty sure that all you have to do is point it at an enemy and will it to damage them... and it will so... though it seems... impatient?
She shivers involuntarily.
► Show Spoiler
Picking up the last item she'd been asked to look at, Ormila dangles the orbs from the cord, inspecting them closely. "Is that blood? Did you get this from the Mother you mentioned? Hmmmm."
She looks around the group.
"I'm going to try something... I'm not sure it pertains to any of us, but forgive my intrusion if it does."

She sticks her fingers into one of the orbs, moving them in what would be an intricate pattern had they been able to see anything other than her fingers inserted into a perfect sphere of blood. She mutters under her breath, her liltingly musical voice tinged with concern. As she completes the spell, she looks around at them. [Leaves +1 to 4/3 HP]

"Well? Anything?"
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler


I moved a few things around based on discussion, and added sections for stuff you'd like and stuff that is either in your inventory or you started with that you no longer want. So far for IDing with the ring, I've heard Dirk, pendant and a few others... I leave that up to you guys, either decide as a consensus or someone take the ring from Leaves hand and put it on.


.[tabs:Costa]
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]

► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]

► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]

► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4486
Location: New Zealand

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by Synch » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:49 am

((Sorry for not properly replying, Leaves would be there too! He wouldn't wait behind with some spiders and silk-wrapped corpses by himself!))
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply