GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 180)

Post by nikohl » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:20 pm

(Attacking still ends turn, so Remedy probably can't do a flyby on the guy and still go help Leaves.)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14877

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:11 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 181

Remedy runs up to help protect her injured companion, but doesn't have time to run down to attack the big guy (which would end her turn and prevent her from reaching Leaves), wedging herself and her shield between Leaves and the hooded figure.


The leader of the humans seems to have overcome his paralysis, as the silk wrapped bundle containing him begins to writhe, but he isn't able to break free.

Steals steps around the unconscious spearman and advances on the man holding a mace, thrusting up and forward with his Burning Blade, which sizzles as it slides deep into the man's throat and his eyes roll back in his head. As the goblin withdraws the blade, a last gasp of air escapes the throat, but no blood seeps forth, any severed vessels seemingly seared shut by its heat. The lifeless body drops to its knees, and Steals arcs the bladed edge around, sweeping across the exposed gas of the throat. He feels it momentarily catch on bone before the head is completely severed to fall to the ground, followed closely by the slumping corpse. Now blood oozes from freshly opened vessels, staining the ground before him. ((The poor bastard was on his last hit point. :D )) He does notice that his Blade seems somewhat different... as if it no longer retains the heat it has acquired from Mantagar's forge.

One of the small spiders that had been harrying the hulking brute turns and attempts to bite the veteran spearman, but doesn't find purchase.

Another small spider bites the elite archer and he slumps to the ground.

Mines fights down the feverish feelings long enough to activate his healing hat and blast some healing into Leaves. [Leaves +1 to 3/5 HP]

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP


.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
Gender: Male
HP: 4/5
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
STATUS:

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
Gender: Female
HP: 5/5
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
Gender: Female
HP: 5/6
ATT: 1
DEF: 3 (+1 conditional from Buckler)
STATUS:

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
Gender: Male
HP:3/5
ATT: 3/2
DEF: 2 (+1 conditional)
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14877

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 180)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:13 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4515
Location: New Zealand

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:17 am

As Remedy uses her shield to block any attacks, Leaves ducks into a crouch to reach past the shield and attempts to hamstring the sneaky fucker.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6805

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:41 am

Steals will go for the leader this time, attacking with both sword and shield.

You have to go for the overkill right? :paranoia:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14877

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181.7)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:33 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 181.7

Costa gets back to his feet and lugs the bucket of clay back to the trail that heads to the clearing.

All tucks away the twisted staff and reaches out, her smaller goblin hands closing on the limply held Elegant Rapier. She wrenches it from the formerly-smiling swordsman and thrusts it at his gut. He twists to the side, but not quickly enough to avoid the blade tracing a long cut across his abdomen. She does notice that the runes on her gloves don't do anything in particular.

The spearman is unconscious.

Mantagar rushes the archer at the back of the group, whirling his forging hammer around in a powerful blow that slams the man to the ground in a crumpled heap.

The hooded figure whirls and tries to drive his blade into Leaves neck, but Remedy is there to throw her shield up and protect her companion. The man shifts the angle of his attack at the last moment, bypassing her shield and slamming his dirk into her chest. What might have been a heavy blow is mitigated by the itching of her healing effect that partially pushes the blade from the wound. [Remedy -1 to 4/5 HP]

Mines groans as his body is wracked with pain. As it eventually fades, the feverish feeling has left him. [Mines -1 to 3/5 HP]

The swordsman wrapped in silk thrashes about and manages to get his sword through the silk and cut himself free. Fear dances in his eyes at seeing fully half of his fellow henchmen on the ground and seemingly no casualties on the other side. He steels his will though, and chops towards All, but his blade clatters uselessly across her new chainmail.

The elite archer is unconscious.

The nimble swordsman, his arms still paralyzed, kicks forward at All, his foot striking her directly in the abdomen, the breath wheezing out of her. [All -1 to 4/6 HP]

The hulking brute, still swaddled in silk, makes some moaning sounds, but is apparently still paralyzed.

The huge spider whirls on the recently escaped swordsman, but ends up clacking her fangs in anger after not managing to penetrate his hard shell.

The gnome moves around to the side and launches another dart from her blowtube, striking the swordsman, but not putting him down.

One of the medium spiders that had wrapped up the hulking brute moves to the elite archer and fully swaddles him in silk.

A small spider starts working on doing the same to the unconscious spearman.

The medium spider that had been facing off against the maceman, with him dead, pounces on the swordsman, her fangs piercing his flesh and he crumples into a heap as the venom takes hold.

A small spider moves from the swaddled body of the elite archer to go over and bite the other archer that is sill struggling to rise after the blacksmith hammered him into the ground. As the spider bites his leg, his struggles cease and he goes limp.

A second small spider joins in on wrapping the spearman, and with their combined efforts, he's soon covered in silk.

A medium spider joins the other big spiders at the unconscious body of the swordsman, and proceeds to wrap him in silk.

A small spider starts working on wrapping up the body of the archer.

A smile flickers back over the face of the nimble swordsman as he flexes his fingers, apparently getting feeling back in them, his smile growing wider as he regains more and more control... until the large spider bites him on the ass and his legs drop out from under him.

The archer is unconscious, but otherwise he'd probably be running.

The elite spearman, who is not unconscious, is able to make good on running, as he hurdles the archer and spiders and takes off down the trail.

The medium spider gets a bite in on the nimble swordsman, an his entire body goes limp, though his eyes still dart around in mounting concern.

Leaves goes in for another attack on the sneaky fucker, who is still bleeding profusely from the wound he inflicted previously. Both of his blades find purchase on his foe, and he's looking pretty rough. After skulking about to try to take out the back row healer, it appears that he's bit off more than he was prepared for.

Two of the small spiders move to the paralyzed swordsman and wrap him in silk.
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP


.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
Gender: Male
HP: 4/5
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
STATUS:

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
Gender: Female
HP: 4/5
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
Gender: Female
HP: 4/6
ATT: 3
DEF: 3 (+1 conditional from Buckler)
STATUS:

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
Gender: Male
HP:3/5
ATT: 3/2
DEF: 2 (+1 conditional)
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6805

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:04 pm

I'll stick to full attacking him.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4515
Location: New Zealand

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by Synch » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Having hamstrung the skulker, Leaves changes the grip on his blades and drives them up into his opponent's groin, aiming for a femoral artery.

((Hmm, how we gonna loot these guys when theyr'e wrapped in silk! :P ))
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by nikohl » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:14 am

(We'll negotiate for their stuff! Hah.)

When it wraps back around to her turn, All will shank the swordsman who chopped at her, if he's still up and about; if not, the nimble guy instead.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14877

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:25 am

((The only three not wrapped in silk are the sneaky guy that Leaves, Remedy and Mines are on, the dead mace man, and the spearman that is currently fleeing. ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 4575
Location: Ó▓á_Ó▓á

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by nikohl » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 am

Probably the fleeing one then. No escapees!

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:50 am

Remedy pushes forward hard with all her weight against her shield and after taking a short look at what Leaves does, who is attacking the from somewhere below her shield (as she doesn't want to trip over him).
She holdes the sword beside the shield, pointed at the foe, so it also has a chance to stab him:
Image

Hopefully this will push the human off balance after the wounds he got from Leaves, toppling him over and sending him on the ground.

OT: YAY! POWER IN NUMBERS! Goblin Mass attack.
Hope we can persuade the spiders to give us the loot after sucking them dry. Doesn't look like the put much priority in killing them before they wrap them up, so cutting them free might as well be hostile towards the spiders as well bringing the wrapped up enemy back on the battle map.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6805

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:13 am

Seems i misunderstood what happened to the leader? I understood that he was about to get free, if that isn't the case I'll shoot the guy running away with my wand
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14877

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:55 am

((The leader is no longer paralyzed, but is still wrapped in silk. There is a chance that those wrapped in silk CAN get free (as seen by the swordsman with the shield), either by being wrapped while carrying a bladed weapon or being strong enough to break free, but it's generally fairly durable.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14877

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 182)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:31 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 182

Remedy slaps her gladius alongside her shield and charges the cloaked human with a scream. He attempts to spin out of the way, but his injured leg gives out on him and she crashes into his chest, her blade punching through his ribcage a moment before her shield collides with his torso. Her weight bears him down to the ground, the goblin landing on top of him, shield and sword between them. Her screaming face is inches from his own, and is the last thing he sees before he slips into death.

The human leader continues to struggle, but is held tight by the silk wrapped around him.

Steals considers moving over to put him down, but seeing the fleeing spearman, pulls forth his Wand of Light and dashes south before unleashing a brilliant bolt that strikes the man in the back. The man cries out in pain, but with his back turned, Steals isn't able to see whether his eyes are affected by the blinding, but as there is no break in the human's stride, he surmises that he can still see.

Two small spiders try to bite the head henchman though the silken wrappings, but hit armor under the silk.

With the battle seemingly all but over, Mines channels healing into Leaves. [Leaves +1 to 4/5 HP]



► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP


.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
Gender: Male
HP: 4/5
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
STATUS:

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
Gender: Female
HP: 4/5
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
Gender: Female
HP: 4/6
ATT: 3
DEF: 3 (+1 conditional from Buckler)
STATUS:

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
Gender: Male
HP:4/5
ATT: 3/2
DEF: 2 (+1 conditional)
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:36 am

A bit surprised by the efficiency of her attack, Remedy takes a second to notice the human is dead. Then she turns her at and asks "You're okay, Leaves?"

After any response and talking, she will walk over to the wrapped up foes and gently approaches one of the spiders trying to bite the head henchman.
"Let me help you with that. Do you understand me? This one is wearing armor, you have to remove it. Look!"
If the spiders allow her to proceed, she will try to remove his helmet with as little damage to the silk as she can.
"See? Now you can bite him here" she instructs the spiders and points to his neck.


OOC: Remedy the Spider Whisperer.
Last edited by Nerre on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14877

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 182.7)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:45 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 182.7

Costa manages to make it to the edge of the clearing.

All joins Steals south of their current position, and seeing the spearman running away, pulls forth her bow and takes aim. She wishes that she had something more reliable than the re-tipped swamp hopper spears, but knows if she can hit him, there's a chance to put him too sleep, so calms her breathing and releases. The arrow wobbles a bit in flight, but corrects itself as it arcs down on the fleeing man... only to clang against his conical helmet and shatter.

The other spearman remains motionless.

Mantagar hurries south with the others, flipping a throwing axe up into his massive hand and heaving it down the trail with a grunt. The axe spins end over end before slamming into the left upper back of the elite spearman, spinning him around into a staggering spiral, his fearful eyes locking with them momentarily before he continues flailing about and running down the trail, the throwing axe falling out to land in the dirt.

As the larger spiders begin dragging the unconscious wrapped humans up into the canopy, the hulking brute begins to struggle, but is quickly bitten back into submission by smaller spiders, who also swarm the head henchman, and through sheer number of bites, manage to bite him back into unconsciousness.

The gnome scurries south, again bringing the wooden tube to her lips and puffing her cheeks. A flash of something flies from the end of the tube and catches the fleeing man in the back of the neck. He starts to raise his right hand to his neck, but before it gets there, his arms and legs start to wobble and loose coordination. He takes a few more strides at full sprint before he looses control as his appendages go limp, a high muffled keening cry escaping his lips. As full paralysis takes over, his flailing legs aren't able to keep up with with the momentum of his torso and he begins to pitch forward. A stumble sends him off the trail, and with a sickening crunch, he takes a full on header into a tree trunk, his head snapping back and his helmet flying free. His nose and mouth are a ruin, and his head flops at an unnatural angle as he topples to roll back onto the trail, unseeing eyes open to the canopy above.

"Ouch."

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP


.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
Gender: Male
HP: 4/5
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
STATUS:

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
Gender: Female
HP: 4/5
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
Gender: Female
HP: 4/6
ATT: 3
DEF: 3 (+1 conditional from Buckler)
STATUS:

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
Gender: Male
HP:4/5
ATT: 3/2
DEF: 2 (+1 conditional)
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:58 am

"Can you throw down their equipment once you are done with them? It would be well appriciated." Remedy shouts up, when she sees that the bodies are being dragged away.

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4515
Location: New Zealand

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by Synch » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Leaves nods to Remedy that he is OK, and pats Mines on the shoulder in thanks for the healing. As he stands amongst the carnage, he points to the paralysed and wrapped humans and draws a finger across his neck with a shrug, asking the gnome if she would like the prey executed.
If she agrees, Leaves will grimly move from body to body, delicately piercing through the webbing into the heart of each with his dagger.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Nerre
Game Master
Posts: 4832

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 181)

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:15 pm

"Wait, maybe the spiders want to keep them alive to...last longer?"
She takes a look at the bodies that are still in reach and not fully wrapped up. If she finds any, she loots them.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14877

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 183

Remedy asks Leaves if he's alright, and he nods to indicate he is. Looking about, Leaves notices that the gnome is gone. He taps Mines, and gestures for him to follow. Once they arrive where the gnome, Mantagar, All, and Steals are staring at the crumpled corpse of the not-so-elite spearman, he turns to Mines and pantomimes hugging himself, then makes a throat cutting gesture, finishing with a questioning look.

"Ummm... I think my friend would like to know if you'd like him to kill the humans that have been wrapped up?"

"Hmmm? Oh, no. My friends probably wouldn't like that much at all, if you were to take their food from them, I'm not certain I could stop them from doing the same to you."

She turns to All, eyes narrowing.

"What made these men YOUR enemy?"

Back at the scene of the battle, Remedy has a bit of a look around, and finds that the dead fellow with the mace and the cloaked guy she killed are the only two that haven't been wrapped in silk. She proceeds to loot the corpse of the latter, and finds a wicked looking dirk, a dark cloak, a black silk shirt, and black linen pants. Beneath all that was a rather plain looking naked man. A dead man to be sure, but without any distinguishing features or build, the sort that you could see in a crowd and not be able to accurately describe later... even for humans, who all kind of look the same to a goblin's eyes. As she holds the cloak in her hands, darkness seems to gather around it.

[[I'm going to call that the end of combat and jump out of turn order. Steals hasn't gone this turn, so Theis, you can have two sets of actions if you wish, one for 183 and one for 184. If you reenter combat, we'll do a separate initiative order.]]
► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP


.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
Gender: Male
HP: 4/5
ATT: 1
DEF: 1
STATUS:

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
Gender: Female
HP: 4/5
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
Gender: Female
HP: 4/6
ATT: 3
DEF: 3 (+1 conditional from Buckler)
STATUS:

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
Gender: Male
HP:4/5
ATT: 3/2
DEF: 2 (+1 conditional)
STATUS:
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6805

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:37 pm

"Bahh, not going to be able to catch up to him and shoot him as well.."

Steals decides to return to the many spiders, looting the mace man on the way back before he joins the rest of the company and stands besides All as the Gnome questions her.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14877

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:54 pm

((Who? Guy that was fleeing is dead.))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4515
Location: New Zealand

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by Synch » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Leaves strips the elite spearman of gear, bringing it back to the others and dumping it in a pile. He taps Costa's glasses and points at the gear.

((Vote Mines to heal himself.))
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14877

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 183)

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:34 pm

((Reminder that Costa isn't with you, though All does have his glasses in her inventory, though not worn.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply