GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Epilogue)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:49 am

((Does he have things he wants inspected?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:02 am

ahhh it ended just when I came back =p this was a fun game even if you fucked us over with mosquitos and ruined my blade xd fun times
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:04 am

((Asks, if you want to do it, there is still 'Bloodsong quest' for Costa to do.... I was just going to epilogue it since we hadn't seen you since you'd been back. The other goblins will be able to return to HQ with assurances from Mantagar that he'll accompany Costa back once they've done what they can to fix Bloodsong, or I suppose they could come hang out at his place for a while.... And for the record, you ruined her... In the most epic way possible!))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:02 am

Remedy continues to talk to Mantagar
"Thanks a lot. I would like to get a chainmail made out of the heavier black chains. I think I would prefer a helmet over a hood, as it fits better and isn't as likely to shift during battle.
Can you maybe shape the chains so they have a closable neck protection collar with a strap? I know I cannot put it on if the neck hole is smaller than my head - and i got a large head - so maybe that would help. I don't want to get my throat cut only cause the chains end before my neck starts."
:zzz:

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:23 am

spiderwrangler wrote:((Asks, if you want to do it, there is still 'Bloodsong quest' for Costa to do.... I was just going to epilogue it since we hadn't seen you since you'd been back. The other goblins will be able to return to HQ with assurances from Mantagar that he'll accompany Costa back once they've done what they can to fix Bloodsong, or I suppose they could come hang out at his place for a while.... And for the record, you ruined her... In the midst epic way possible!))

nah ah brother, you are the dm so your basicly god everything I do is on you =p

yeah sure costa would never leave without bloodsong

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:27 am

you could try to put it in the horadrim cube. While it seems to be one item, it is still part magic sword, part troll flesh.
Maybe - if spider is very very nice - you would end up getting bloodsong back with a trollsslaying (+1 vs trolls).

Or with trollphobia, meaning bloodsong would get limp like a soft noodle if you want to use her again a troll ever again. Actually, I like this one better. :D

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:30 am

i'll just try getting her back the traditional way, and if that not works i'll send spider tastefull nudes till he caves and fix her back up

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:32 am

The cube is entirely on Thinks, you might end up with a knee high troll with sword hands.... though I think living items have failed to produce a result in the past.

Nudes of you? Tempted to hold off on case I need blackmail material....

Mantagar has a plan for her, once he gets home they will work on it... Whether you're interested in RP ing that but is up to you.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:37 am

let me read up on the last 10 odd turns or so and post then somewhere tonight or tommorow ish ?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:39 am

Ok, it will likely be a bit until he returns, so no hurry... The others are having him look at stuff, etc.

Essentially, you have collected the cost he t told you to get in his note, but haven't gotten the yellow leaves yet.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:49 am

Remedy takes the ring from Leaves and slips it over her finger. She gasps in pain as blood wells from her pores and begins migrating across her skin to her outstretched hand. The blood has taken on slug-like shapes as they join, growing larger and larger before thrusting itself into the ring. With a brilliant flash, the blood is absorbed into the ring... which this time remains on her finger, the tip of which is now glowing a bright blue. [Remedy minus 1/1 to 4/4 HP for the next 49 TURNS]

The pain slowly fading, she raises the dirk with her other hand and touches her glowing finger to the pommel.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:29 am

Remedy thanks Leaves and hands him back the ring. "Interessting. Now I know what hit you, Mines. It is an Fever enchant."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:40 am

((I talked to Wears, the only thing he really wanted for Mines was the last 2m of rope, which he already got back. He said he'd be happy with whatever distribution you all decide on... I don't think he'd looted any magic items to contribute to the discussion, but there may have been some mundane stuff of interest? Just make sure you don't screw over your healer. ;) ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:25 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Epilogue

Ormila looks around at the goblins. "Hmmm, perhaps my guess was wrong, or there were others she'd collected from."
Wiggling her fingers in the air this time, she mutters before thrusting one finger into each of the other three blood orbs as the spell completes. [All +1 to 7/6 HP, Steals +1 to 6/5 HP, Mantagar to 25/24 HP]

"I thought they might be a form of blood focus, but perhaps I had that wrong..."
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

.[tabs:Costa]
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]

► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]

► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]

► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:48 am

Remedy returns with the others to the HQ if they join her.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Epilogue

All and Mantagar speak up, mentioning that they feel healthier than before.

"You should destroy this... just make sure it's destroyed without magic. A fire would probably work best. I suspect she collected your blood and used that to form these blood orbs that allowed her to cast touch ranged spells on you from a distance. Not the sort of thing you want out in the world. Just make sure magic isn't used to destroy it!"

All mentions that the lumpy pouch was found on the body of a half-orc.

"Probably some kind of healing pouch from a shaman? The... identity of the meat might be somewhat questionable, but consuming the herbs alone should have essentially the same effect."

All pulls forth some of the other items she'd collected along the way to see if the druid can tell her anything about them, informing her of the magical aura strength of those that seem magical.

"Unless you're a bird, you don't want to eat those berries. Just one will bind you up for days, and then everything softens to liquid and leaves your body all at once. If properly prepared, it has limited medicinal uses, but not if consumed raw.

Yeah, that mushroom's no good for eating either, it'll give you the chills, and you'll feel like you're freezing even though anyone touching you would think you're burning up.

Phew, both of these are pretty boozy smelling, but some of the herbs smell medicinal, I think they might be infused into the alcohol.

This certainly is an ugly staff, the dried plants, animals and fungus dangling from the end seem to have some sort of sickness and mind control aspect to them... was this another of Mother's inventions? It sounds like we are all well rid of her.

Ah, some more of the Prismatic snakes, I'm assuming you have a seventh?

Can't make anything out on this other staff...

Not able to figure out anything on these colored potions, though the vials seem to hold a dose of healing potion each.

And a crock of mudhoney, nice! Well, I don't think I was of too much help there, but hopefully gave you at least a bit more of an idea of what you've got."

► Show Spoiler
The minotaur squats on the ground beside the tiny gnome and rummages through the pile after she has had a chance to look at things.

"That rapier is fancy looking, but it's not just show, the blade is well tempered and strong... you could probably do a fair bit of stabbing with it.

The daggers are OK, but I don't really think those bronze blades are worth much as weapons, they look more like they were for cutting folks apart, but if there's any of the bronze stuff you guys don't want, I could make you an offer on it, bronze isn't as good as steel for blades, but there's other stuff I could use it for.

The chain you're wearing doesn't have much flourish to it, but its sturdy and well made. Ought to protect you well, especially with whatever the enchantment does.

That swamp bitches' staff can barely be called a weapon, you could probably do more damage punching someone.

Not sure what the enchantment in the stone does, but the other staff at least can be used to hit and block blows."

► Show Spoiler
All thanks them both, and asks the druid if she could get measured for a custom pair of pants.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Last call for inspection by minotaur out droid, add well as any custom item requests... They will be ready when they stop by with Costa, otherwise you'd have to wait for them to stop by, get your order, go home, work on it, and come back.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:22 am

(If no one objects, All will sell the bronze blades to Mantagar - whatever coin he offers can go into the group pool and probably be used for paying Dashon for any necessary Identify services back at HQ after the old man has had a look, so that we can better assess the magic loot and split it up.)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:05 am

Steals would like to have the chainmail redone to goblin size. He'll also offer to sell the bronze knife to pay for the identification of the magic loot.

If Mantagar can improve the chainmail to 3 def instead he would like that (not sure what the price will be or if possible)

I'd like any upgrades to my equipment from the magic loot pool but hard to say what that will be yet besides the magic chainmail if mine can't be upgraded
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:54 am

Are you and Nerre looking to get something out of the same black chain shirt?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:04 am

I wanted to do it with the one I looted, not sure which one Nerre wanted to use.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:08 pm

I think you'd picked up the black one, yes? That is the one Remedy was asking about, but I think she currently has the lighter chain in inventory. Mantagar can modify both to fit goblins, but he won't be the one sorting out who gets what.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:15 pm

I don't know which one. Synch said that we got surplus chainmail and a helmet. Then Spider wrote me all options I had, including the black chainmail. If the black chain is already owned by Theis char, I will use the light chainmail and the (hopefully still surplus) helmet, although I had hoped for more than just +1 DEF at least for the chainmail. :/

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:28 pm

If you provide additional materials/gold, I'd say that Mantagar could use the light chain as a base to overlay with scales, upgrading it to +2 DEF. Once he reaches the HQ, he'll offer upgrade services like this (similar to what he did for you guys previously), as well as selling things as a normal vendor.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:31 pm

I got several swamp hopper items, maybe their leather/scales might do?
By the way (think I asked it already somewhere else): Do we get any gold as payment for the job? Most trading is done in gold, and while we did loot a lot, we did loot none or almost no gold.