GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
Synch
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat!

Post by Synch » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:36 pm

► Show Spoiler
Leaves No Trace will tuck his daggers away and load a bolt into his crossbow, before inspecting the toadstools and also the shrub/bush.If there is anything to harvest eg berries or toadstools, he will do so.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Remedy will take the battle axe from her back and hold it in both hands, ready to aid others if they need help. She stays calm and rather watches the others than searching the area herself.
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:39 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:21 pm

Mines will search the area for other, less literal signs of danger. He'll start by checking the tree branches above them.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:22 am

Steals, slightly sad that someone is investigating the mushrooms before him, ventures left as that's where the spiders supposedly should be at.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:07 pm

All will search the vegetation with Leaves No Trace, in case there is more than he can look at and/or carry by himself. She will take any fruits/mushrooms that Leaves cannot carry.

Answers:
@Nikohl - How does the speaker stone work again? - afaik (Patdragon can confirm) when it separates it's basically a pair of walkie talkies for 10 rounds, then has to be together again to charge for 10 more rounds.
What are the specifics on the anger berry (heals 1HP, then rage?) - yes, immediate 1HP heal, rage the turn after is how it's been played before
What is meant by burning wand ignoring armor but not def - afaik (Patdragon can confirm again) it doesn't matter what armor is being worn but the natural DEF of the creature still applies, so e.g. 2 points of worn armor and 1 natural def score = only 1 damage gets through, 1 point worn armor and 2 natural def score = no damage gets through? That's what I assume.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:16 pm

nikohl wrote: Answers:
@Nikohl - How does the speaker stone work again? - afaik (Patdragon can confirm) when it separates it's basically a pair of walkie talkies for 10 rounds, then has to be together again to charge for 10 more rounds.
What are the specifics on the anger berry (heals 1HP, then rage?) - yes, immediate 1HP heal, rage the turn after is how it's been played before
What is meant by burning wand ignoring armor but not def - afaik (Patdragon can confirm again) it doesn't matter what armor is being worn but the natural DEF of the creature still applies, so e.g. 2 points of worn armor and 1 natural def score = only 1 damage gets through, 1 point worn armor and 2 natural def score = no damage gets through? That's what I assume.
Ok, thanks that helps. I kind of puzzled out that last one on my own after the fact.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:10 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 2

Costa saunters over to the mound of silk in a suitably dashing manner, drawing Bloodsong with a flourish.

"Oh dearie, what do you have for me to sink my blade into for you?"

He starts using her to cut swaths of silk from the mound.

"EWWW!"

As Bloodsong slices through the silk, a noxious stench wafts out. Costa persists and soon has a few sections of Stinky Silk that he rolls up and puts in his inventory. Through the hole he has cut, he sees some bones and flesh remnants.

[thumbnail]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/rShm5 ... 61-h510-no[/thumbnail]

Something seems a bit odd about this mound of silk...

Remedy eyes the mound of silk suspiciously, not immediately realizing what it was. Rather than take part in exploring, she holds her Berserker's Axe at the ready, fighting to stay calm when there are so many things about that just look so... chop-able!

Leaves heads over to inspect the mushrooms he spots over to the right, and uses his dagger to slice them free before swapping it out for his cross bow. He now has Grey Mushrooms, one of which is fairly large, the other two are smaller.

All, seeing that Leaves is going after the mushrooms, heads over to the small shrub, and finds eight Small Hard Purple Berries.

[thumbnail]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/YL6Qx ... 70-h510-no[/thumbnail]
► Show Spoiler

Steals, following Moric's instructions to avoid the right hand path at all costs, heads to the left.

[thumbnail]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/4XoDz ... 80-h510-no[/thumbnail]

As he follows the path as it curves around the bend, he happens upon a fallen log, upon which is perched an unusually large rat. Steals estimates that standing on all fours, it's head would reach to his mid thigh. It is gnawing on what might be a human rib... the rat looks up from its meal and emits a shrieking chatter in his direction.

[thumbnail]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/aILjP ... 84-h510-no[/thumbnail]

Mines stays alert and looks up into the trees... which turns out to be a good thing, since the stirring movement he detects alerts him to the humming whine of a descending mosquito that has been attracted to their presence. It's a big one... and it has friends.

[thumbnail]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/AYScr ... 10-h510-no[/thumbnail]

.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
HP: 5/5
ATT: 4
DEF: 1
Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
DEF: 0
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4 (mace) or 3 (bow)
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
ATT: 2 / 2 (25% to miss)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
ATT: 3
DEF: 4
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
ATT: 2
DEF: 3
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/quote]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 2)

Post by Nerre » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:49 am

Remedy, who also looked up, spots the moscitos. Since she has not good weapon at hand to fight them, she runs to the mound and sticks her axe into the silk a few times until it has some silk covering the blunt side of the axe head. Maybe that will work against the moscitos.
If they come near, she will try to thit them.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:50 am

aghhh this stuff stinks, looks like died recently

costa rejoins with the others and sees the giant bugs , he pulls out blood song and gets ready for troube
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:58 am

"That is a huge mosquito," Mines says so everyone can hear and be aware of the danger. "It really sucks."

Having no ranged weapon, he puts his shield up and prepares to defend himself.

"This does explain what the giant spiders naturally eat, though. I wonder if all insects and arachnids are so disproportionate here. Or, rather, proportionate to each other. Hmm. But, you know, I thought mosquitos couldn't get this big. The spiders, at least, have an endoskeleton and walk rather than fly. You, my gigantic winged assailant, are a major violation of the square/cube law. Just so you know. "
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:54 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:33 am

Steals looks around shortly, fearing it might call his friends. Holding a tighter grip on his sword and shield, he attacks the rat. He moans loudly as he hears the musquito pun from mines.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:44 am

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:36 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:39 am

All will stuff the berries into her bag for later inspection, and attack any mosquito that comes at her with Echo. If they appear to be staying out of range, she will move closer to the other goblins for safety in numbers.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:00 pm

► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:55 pm

► Show Spoiler
Leaves No Trace will fire a crossbow bolt into the large mosquito before swinging it over onto his back and drawing his daggers again.

(Not sure if switching weapons is a minor or major action. If its major then I guess Leaves will stick with his crossbow.)
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 3

The first mosquito heads towards Leaves, hovering around him, but not managing to get in close enough to bite.

Costa spins on his heel gets ready for trouble. Which is good, because trouble is here... though no mosquitoes attack him, going after his companions instead.

All readies her mace, and just in time as one heads in her direction. She swings mightily, but the mosquito alters its flight path, softening the blow. It swings back and dives at her but doesn't manage to bite.

Another mosquito attacks Leaves, its pointed mouthparts sliding easily into his flesh... it is strangely painless.

Leaves drops his crossbow and pulls out his daggers, attacking the mosquito that had bit him. He stabs the first dagger into the mosquito, but misses with the second blade. The mosquito hangs on.
► Show Spoiler
Another mosquito attacks All, this one managing to land on her back and impale her in the neck with its mouthparts.

Mines verbally taunts some mosquitoes and stands ready to defend himself.

Another mosquito heads for Remedy , who is trying to make her axe a better mosquito swatter by poking the mound of silk. She really only manages to push on it and force some oozy flesh out the holes cut in it. Her axe has a bit of drippy goo on it now. The mosquito easily lands on her and inserts its mouthparts into her thigh. The tickling of its legs just pisses her off so freaking much! With a shriek of rage, she short hands the axe and sweeps it close to her leg, the blade splitting the mosquito's body like an overripe melon. Panting with anger, Rem grabs the mouthparts between thumb and forefinger and slowly pulls it free.

The last mosquito heads for Mines, who is ready for it and swings a punch in its direction. The punch doesn't connect, but neither do the insects mouthparts, so there's that.

Steals attacks the rat, his blade biting into its fur. The rat returns the favor, but isn't able to get past his defenses.

► Show Spoiler

.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
DEF: 0
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4 (mace) or 3 (bow)
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
ATT: 2 / 2 (25% to miss)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
ATT: 3
DEF: 4
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
ATT: 2
DEF: 3
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 3)

Post by Synch » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:32 am

Leaves will continue to attack the mosquito assaulting him, and will pull its proboscis out if he kills it (he'll keep the proboscis if it is intact.)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:19 am

Steals continues the assault and hopefully end it right away.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:24 am

Costa goes after the bug on all.
Using blood song to cut it down

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:28 am

All goes for the uninjured of the two mosquitoes attacking her, since she trusts in Echo's ability (and Costa and Bloodsong) to deal with the other.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:08 am

Mines attacks the mosquito. If he kills it, he will move on to aid All, as it is very difficult to dislodge something attached to the back of your neck.
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:49 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler