GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 6)

Post by Nerre » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Remedy stays behind Steals, and attacks what gets past him, also trying to lure those that want to get to her to pass him first.
:zzz:

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 6)

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:24 am

costa checks out the sign , reay for batte he keeps his blae drawn
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat!

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:49 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 8

Abandoning the mosquito and other corpses, Leaves swaps daggers out for his crossbow and loads a bolt before heading down the road.

[thumbnail]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/kTddI ... 67-h792-no[/thumbnail]

Like the portion of road they initially traveled down, it is fairly well maintained.

Mines and All head to right where Costa is giving the sign a closer inspection... the message is crudely burned into the wooden plank.

[thumbnail]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Eekm0 ... 27-h792-no[/thumbnail]

The sound he heard previously turns out to be another swarm a half dozen mosquitoes... they have definitely noticed the three goblins and are buzzing about and likely will attempt to attack soon.

Remedy tries to make friends with the snake, but it slithers away and declines to answer her questions.

Steals offers her free reign to defile the rat corpse as she sees fit, which might be a good thing as it halts her quest to befriend potentially dangerous reptiles, but there isn't time before the swarm of mosquitoes comes into view.

It's hard to get a completely accurate count, but Remedy estimates that there are probably about twice as many as attacked them at the crossroads.

Steals waves his sword around, but it isn't particularly scary, or the mosquitoes don't care.
► Show Spoiler
.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
HP: 5/5
ATT: 4
DEF: 1
Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
DEF: 0
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4 (mace) or 3 (bow)
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
HP: 4/5
ATT: 3 ranged, 2 melee
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
ATT: 3
DEF: 4
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
ATT: 2
DEF: 3
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 8)

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:40 pm

costa attacks the bugs as soon as he sees them hopeing to take multiple out in one turn

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:43 am

Leaves will gently poke around in the hole in the tree with a crossbow bolt to see if he can feel anything useful in there. Should something menacing pop out, Leaves will club it with the butt of the crossbow
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:24 am

Steals stabs all the way (if there's 2 or less mosquitoes within reach of him, he'll use his shield to attack with).
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:48 am

"Well, that's not very friendly. Luckily, we're not humans. So, let's... Oh, for the love of kidney stew... More mosquitos? Really? This bites." Mines prepares to defend himself and his companions again.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:26 am

Theis2 wrote:Steals stabs all the way (if there's 2 or less mosquitoes within reach of him, he'll use his shield to attack with).
Remedy stays behind him, trying to kill those mosquitos which get past him or attack from a flank or rear position. Basically fighting back to back with him facing the swarm.
"Maybe we should run back to the others, that is a lot of them!"

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:43 am

All will defend herself from any bitey stingy attempts, and bop a mosquito with Echo should it come within bopping range.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Player poll: are you all fine with the current art style, or would you rather sidescrolling scenes?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:01 am

I am fine with the current art, thanks.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:26 am

I'm fine with whatever works. I get my information from the text. The art makes for nice flavor, but I'm happy with whatever flavor you choose. :) And you do good pencil drawings.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:17 pm

I really love the side scrolling, but in saying that I am following things perfectly from your descriptions and artwork, and you're the GM so just go with whatever you prefer and what works best for you.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat!

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 9

Mines, All, and Costa join battle against the swarm that descends upon them. Two of them head in Mines' direction, three go after All, and Costa is left facing the last of them.

Mines swings and misses at the first one to come towards him.

It responds by trying to land on his face, but his flailing valiant attempts to engage it in fisticuffs keeps it at bay.

A mosquito buzzes All, but she is similarly able to fend it off.

She swings her mace at one of its fellows, clobbering the skeeter pretty solidly...

... unfortunately, its disrupted flight results in it blundering into her, where it wastes no time and plunges its needle mouth into her flesh at the edge of her armor.

Costa swings Bloodsong and connects with the mosquito attacking him, shearing off a few of its legs before the tip of his lady blade slices its abdomen.

The second mosquito plaguing Mines finds an opportunity, and latches on, the pointed mouthparts easily penetrating his flesh.

Costa's mosquito recovers and attacks, but is foiled by his mustache.

The last mosquito attacks All, landing and probing her flesh with its proboscis.

Leaves approaches the tree and as he reaches forward with the bolt to probe the hollow, he hears an angry chitter and a furred head emerges. He quickly brings the butt of his crossbow to bear, whalloping the creature across the face. He stumbles backwards as an enormous squirrel emerges, and stands up, reaching nearly half Leaves' height. Blood dribbles from its nose, as it stares angrily at Leaves. Reaching up, it wipes away the blood with the back of its paw.

[thumbnail]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/sFNSm ... 28-h764-no[/thumbnail]

With an angry chatter, the squirrel bounds at Leaves, its claws raking his body, dealing 2 DAM. Leaves is at 3/5 HP.

Remedy and Steals make the dubious decision to stay and fight... Rem is beset by five of the biting insects, and Steals by seven.

A mosquito buzzes Steals, and while it easily evades his shield and nearly lands on him, he's able to dodge it.

A mosquito lands on Remedy and immediately inserts its mouthparts into her flesh.

Taking advantage of her distraction, another mosquito similarly probes Remedy's sweet flesh...

Which really pisses her off. Rem manages to avoid cutting her self as she lops the head off the first to bite her.

A mosquito darts in and bites Steals... and another...

Since his shield doesn't seem to be helping him much against the flying menaces, Steals uses both his sword and the bladed shield to shed himself of the two nuisances feeding on him.

However, they are quickly replaced as five more mosquitoes mob him and begin biting.

An additional three mosquitoes land on and bite Remedy.
► Show Spoiler

.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
DEF: 0
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4 (mace) or 3 (bow)
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
HP: 3/5
ATT: 3 ranged, 2 melee
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
ATT: 3
DEF: 4
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
ATT: 2
DEF: 3
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:07 am

My flailing? Good sir, I will have you know I do not flail! Nor, as you know, do I carry a flail or anything like one. It may have appeared so to you, but my attempts to connect my fist with a small, rapidly moving flying target in no way constitute anything so undignified as flailing about. I'd like to see you try the feat, my good... er... GM. Oh dear. And that was the fourth wall, wasn't it? Terribly sorry. Well, if you'll excuse me, I seem to have an impossibly large and rather disgusting insect attempting to drain my blood. I suppose I could just let her take half a pint and fly off to feed her babies, but I'm not feeling that charitable and don't want to set such a bsd precedent. I'm afraid I'm going to have to squash it. *sigh* This is going to itch like nobody's business tomorrow...

► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:25 am

Steals continues to stab mosquitos on him with both sword and shield. If

Just noticed a couple of things I want to have edited in the character tab
One, my gender is male rather than ??? :P
Second I have a slight blink ability from the last adventure I'm not completely sure if it's once each adventure or 10 rounds each adventure though.
(and 1 temporary hp from the bard in the tavern in case it was forgotten or I missed that I've lost it already)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:25 am

Forgot to mention that I was amused by the squirrel. (Have we shrunk, or does the caravan route just happen to go through brobdingnag? Or is there a spring of giant-making around here? That could be cool.)

We should try to regroup, if possible.

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:46 am

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 9)

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:59 am

costa goes after the surviving bugs

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:07 am

askstoomuch wrote:costa goes after the surviving bugs
This one is probably fairly clear, but just as a heads up, if you aren't specific about what you are attacking:

1st attack priority: Random roll (if necessary) between enemy you attacked last turn and enemies attacking you.

2nd attack priority: If not currently engaged in combat, random roll among remaining enemies.

So as stated, Costa would be going after the one he hit last turn.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:43 am

costa goes after the one that attacked him last time, if he kills that one he will attack the one trying to attack him, if nobody he attack him he will go after the ones attacking his friends

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:27 pm

All defends herself from any other stabby badness, and attacks the mosquito that she didn't previously attack last turn.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Leaves backs up, wincing at the fresh scratches across his body. He throws his crossbow onto his back and pulls his daggers from his belt, crossing his hands as he grasps his daggers and unsheathing them in a slicing arc at the squirrel's throat. He may be able to make it back to the crossroads, but with his friends having split in different directions, he doubts anyone will be able to help him, and so this may just need to be a battle to the death...
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:22 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Remedy cuts one mosquito, but after it get more and more, she rolls over the ground to sqish them with her weight or throw herself agaist trees, easier than aiming an axe on things sitting right on your skin.. if she is heavy enough, dont know how large. if that does not work, she will continue to attack with the axe instead.