GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Completed, please move)

For all games that are now over.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 176)

Post by Theis2 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:04 am

Steals looks up at the swarm for a bit (as he realises the battlemap is back)

"Hmm, you might be right."

Steals drops his stick again and and draw out his sword again.

He'll leave the safety of the cloud and join mantagar on a mosquito killing spree. Steals will wait for a mosquito that attempts to land on him before he stabs it and will do the same to another mosquito, except with his shield as well.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:13 am

((Ah, yes, Battlemap is back, I don't recall the exact number still on the wing, but it's a dozen +- a few.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Leaves will use his webfloss to entrap any oncoming mosquitoes then knife them with his other hand.
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:42 am

costa and pup walk towards the river, costa blows happy tunes, and tosses small rocks into the grass for pup to chace
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:11 pm

"I'm fine, thanks." Remedy says and draws her sword, then she asks Mantagar "you know anything about those spiders? Do they have strong poison for example?"
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 177)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:04 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 177

...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

The goblins and minotaur resolve to eliminate the last of the mosquito threat so they can save the grass for emergencies later. Mantagar moves as close as he's able Mines and Mantagar both snuff theirs out and the swarm begins to descend, but the goblins are ready for them.

As the smoke begins to dissipate, Steals steps forward, arms spread, inviting the blood suckers to come and land on him. He holds off on attacking until one does.

All and Remedy are likewise ready, but have not targets on hand to attack.

"You know anything about those spiders? Do they have strong poison for example?"
"Don't know, their silk is tough though."

One of the mosquitoes makes a move to on Steals, and he lashes out with his sword, cleaving it in two.

((Can't delay part of your attack conditionally... if you were to wait until two landed and had begun feeding, I'd let you take attacks with both hands, but not half here and half later.))

A mosquito buzzes the minotaur, but isn't able to find a place it can land to bite.

A second mosquito has more luck, finding a tender spot in his thick hide behind an ear where it slips its mouthparts into his flesh. Another soon joins it.

Where the other goblins are, a mosquito homes in on Mines and annoyingly buzzes the healer.

Leaves steps to the first mosquito to target the minotaur and succeeds at whapping it with his web covered branch. The insect sticks to it, and its evasive abilities negated, is easily skewered by his ethereal blade. His arm and blade flicker to swing at a mosquito still on the wing, but aren't able to connect.

The silent goblin himself is soon targeted, but manages to evade the biting pest or now.

A mosquito targets All and she swings mightily at it... the mosquito shifts at the last moment and manages to avoid some of the blow, but is still crumpled and injured.

Leaves isn't able to avoid the next mosquito, as it bites into his arm.

Mantagar swats one of the mosquitoes biting him, turn it to paste, but its place is soon taken by another two.

The last of the mosquitoes lands on Mines and inserts its mouthparts into his arm.

With no insects targeting her directly, Remedy goes after the one flitting about Mines, but isn't able to land a solid blow.

Mines punches the one biting him, and while he does some damage, it isn't enough to deter it.

Costa heads out of the clearing, strolling along without a care in the world, tossing things for the pup to chase... who about half the time manages to find and return with the rock or stick tossed. As he reaches the edge of the clearing, he enters a section of forest where the trail follows a slight depression in the terrain, and slopes downward. Presumably following the trail, he should encounter the stream the minotaur referenced.

► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP

.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
HP: 4/5
ATT: 1
DEF: 1

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
HP: 5/5
ATT: 2
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4
DEF: 3/3 (+1 conditional from Buckler)

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
HP:4/4
ATT: 3/2
DEF: 2 (+1 conditional)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
ATT: 3 (% chance for burn damage)
DEF: 4 (75% for additional +1)

Mudhoney Blessing: Slight Blink: can be activated once per adventure, for 10 consecutive rounds, has a 10% chance for attacks by and against to miss.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
DEF: 2 (75% for +1)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:21 am

All targets loose mosquitoes only, since she doesn't want to risk super-smashing her allies by hitting a bug that's sitting on them.

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:23 am

costa tosses a stick for pup to catch and contunues down the trail

spider I will be going soon and I wont be able to post till the beginning of the new year
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:20 pm

Steals charges at Mantagar and Leaves and stabs and bashes a mosquito on each of them (or just within reach).
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Leaves will fend off the mosquitoes with his webfloss, and murder any that get stuck on it, focusing on the one eating him first.
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Since wears is offline for the year I vote for him to either heal or smack a landed mosquito
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:57 pm

I wish to clarify that he should not heal a mosquito :P

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:58 pm

((Yeah, as per Wear's wishes as I understand them, Mines will be running on default heal first (friendlies only), punch second. He's elected to go last in the turn sequence to be able to heal anyone who needs it.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:27 am

Remedy attacks a mosquito with her sword and tries to shield one of the others with her shield, as they won't do much harm to her anyway until she gets swarmed.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: Caravan Route Under Threat! (Turn 178)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:49 am

Caravan Route Under Threat! Turn 178

...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Steals dashes through the opening Leaves had made in the large web, skirts around Mantagar and lashes out at two of the mosquitoes feeding on the blacksmith. His Burning Blade cleaves through the head of one, continuing parallel to the minotaur's flesh, slicing through the insects legs as the body topples to the ground. The blades of his shield slice down the back of a second mosquito as it goes limp. Thankfully, neither of his attacks struck his companion... which belatedly he realizes is a very good thing, as he can't be sure it wouldn't have triggered the fire damage effect of his sword.

The mosquito so far hasn't succeeded in biting Mines tries again, and again is unable to do so.

Leaves stabs his ethereal dagger into the mosquito feeding on him, and as it dies, his arm and blade flicker into a strike at the insect buzzing towards him, striking a minor blow on its abdomen.

The same mosquito tries again to bite him, but fails.

A mosquito buzzes towards All but can't find purchase... then explodes in a shower of exoskeleton and goo as her echo effect takes hold.

She pushes between Mines and Remedy to have a go at the one still on the wing that Remedy had missed earlier, and manages to catch it with a glancing blow.

Mantagar pulverizes the last mosquito feeding on him.

The mosquito on Mines begins to feed. [Mines -1 HP to 4/5 HP]

Remedy, fairly certain that All's mace will do for the one she hit, rushes to Mines and hacks at the visibly swelling mosquito. Crimson blood wells forth, and for a moment she is worried she cut her friend in the process, but while it is his blood, it all seems to be coming from the mosquito and not any fresh wounds.

Mines punches the wounded insect, finishing it off.

The slow sound of clapping drifts out of the canopy.

"So, you may have brought dinner for my friends... but WHY exactly are you here?"

Costa walks a bit farther down the trail, and he can start to hear the sounds of running water. The pup races ahead, yipping excitedly.

► Show Spoiler
BATTLEMAP

.[tabs:Costa]
Player: Asks
Color:#005500
ATT: 1
DEF: 1

Mudhoney Curse - if he drinks or touches mudhoney he will turn into a badger until the curse is removed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Remedy]
Player: Nerre
Color:#00FF00
DEF: 2
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: First-of-All ]
Player: Nikohl
Color:#008080
HP: 6/6
ATT: 4
DEF: 3/3 (+1 conditional from Buckler)

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Leaves No Trace]
Player: Synch
Color: #747474
HP:4/4
ATT: 3/2
DEF: 2 (+1 conditional)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Steals]
Player: Theis2
Color:#8000FF
ATT: 3 (% chance for burn damage)
DEF: 4 (75% for additional +1)

Mudhoney Blessing: Slight Blink: can be activated once per adventure, for 10 consecutive rounds, has a 10% chance for attacks by and against to miss.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Mines Flagons]
Player: WearsHats
Color:#4080FF
DEF: 2 (75% for +1)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:24 pm

"We are here cause giant squirrels attacked us and forced us to run here. Who are you? Show yourself."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:50 am

"Show myself?! Who are you to make demands? Are you a band of circus escapees? Either way, I don't care for your tone, you can fuck off back the way you came. Your issues with the squirrelkin are none of my concern. And I'd thank you not to ruin any more of our webs on your way out." , the small female voice is dripping with sarcasm and disdain.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:36 pm

Leaves looks around, and seeing no-one else replying to the disembodied voice, sighs and crawls over to Mines before scratching out some words with a stick and signalling Mines to read them.

Code: Select all

PATH WAS HERE FIRST. IMPORTANT TRADE ROUTE. KEEPING WEB AROUND IS FINE, HELPFUL WITH MOSQUITOES, BUT WELL ABOVE PATH OR TO THE SIDE PLEASE. WE NEED TO KEEP PATH CLEAR.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Gathering his silent companion's intent, Mines steps forward and clears his throat, focusing on remaining calm and projecting that calm as best he's able. "Pardon our intrusion. Your webbing certain was helpful in keeping the mosquitoes off our backs, but it also blocks off the trail... if you strung them a bit higher, it might allow travelers to still use it?"

"This side trail has not been used for trade in decades, and there's nothing down this trail except what is ours, so no need for travelers to use it. Those few we trade with know to halt outside out webs and wait. You seem unlikely traders, so I assume you are either here by mistake, or have other... ill intentions. If it is the former, we thank you for the mosquitoes, but ask that you leave... if it is the latter... well I suggest you reconsider."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:35 am

Steals will whisper to some of the others nearby.

"So are we sticking to our assignment of clearing what apparently is an old trade route or do you want to try being diplomatic again?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:06 pm

"Well, it was fairly clear from the start we were at least a little bit lied to, based on the faked evidence way back at the beginning of the trail, and then the note we found with Mother and Reg the ex-trader and so on... and our employer wasn't all that subtle about being interested in any spare silk we found. I'm not going to carry on with a 'mission' that was fake from the start, and I don't think you should either."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:39 pm

There is a soft snort of frustration at Steals whispering, but after All speaks, the voice chimes in again.

"You know Reg? And WHO is interested in silk, and what mission is this you're on?!"

"Yeah, I trade with Reg... or used to..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:45 pm

"Well, that's the thing... we're pretty sure the 'mission' was a trick. We were told there were spiders attacking trade caravans, but it doesn't look like that was the case any more. Several traders have been attacked by a malevolent witch, and we've now got evidence that someone might even have sent people to her knowing they'd be killed... possibly actually our employer, who it looks like was in cahoots with her all along. Reginald was unfortunately one of those victims." All fishes the letter she found in Mother's nest out of her pocket and squints at it, nodding in confirmation that she hadn't misremembered her findings. "Yes, see here, the initials and the talk of pests. It fits."

"And while she might not have said it in the nicest possible way, I have to agree with my friend Remedy - it would be nice to see who we're talking to. We've had a pretty rough time of it as far as our experiences with friendly-sounding ladies have gone. Would you mind coming out?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:02 pm

"We've not attacked ANYONE! At least, no one that's not attacked us...that's why we set up here, to be out of the way of civilization..." , the way she says the word sounds almost like a curse. "...a witch you say? And she's killed Reg, and is working with someone else? Do either of them control the mosquitoes or the Muddy Ones?"

"Very well... though I warn you that if you try anything against me, you'll find you're already well surrounded." An intentional rustle of canopy sounds all around them as unseen individuals make their presence known.

The party sees movement ahead and to the left of the trail, where the voice seemed to be coming from, as a spider even larger than the first they saw descends on a heavy silken line.

"Well... was this what you were expecting?"

As the voice pipes up, they see that it comes not from the spider, but from a small female gnome rigged to its back by a silken harness. She has a pale complexion and gnomish features, and is clothed entirely in silvery grey silken garments. In her hands she carries a small tube held near her mouth and pointing at the goblins.

She pulls it away from her lips to ask, "You there, the horned one... where did you get that apron?"

"Uh.. traded with Reg for it... you know, before she got him..."

Down the trail behind him, the sharp eared goblins can hear the tromp of boots and quiet murmur of voices.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm

"I make a point of not expecting anything much any more. That way I can't be horribly wrong." All grinned, although she looked around when she heard boots on the ground which didn't much sound like what a spider would wear.

"The witch-thing called herself Mother, and yes she did kill Reginald and take over his body. She's dealt with now. It seemed like she was creating the thralls - I think those are what you call the Muddy Ones. The blank ex-people? She was doing that, and she could control them. There are some left, but Mother is dead. Hey, are you expecting guests?"