Post by kida » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:47 pm

Drinks will help walks climb up

OOC:
Who is Dances? The name is Drinks... ;)

Patdragon
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 27

Post by Patdragon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:18 pm

Forges takes out a small dead rat and as suspicious Forges is suspicious he first prods it into the thing in the ceiling (but is not directly under it), pulls it out again if able and then examines the rat to see any effects. If no effects he checks out the 1st skeleton keeping an eye on both the cube and the thing above.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:59 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:34 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:51 am

If Right's help is enough, Walks will climb up the ledge and CAREFULLY move to the right (not into the water). If not, she'll stay around with Right and guards Solomon, also curious what he has to say.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:04 am

kida wrote:Who is Dances? The name is Drinks... ;)
Argh! There are too many goblins! Fixed it now anyway :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 28

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:07 pm

Turn 28

"And yet you thought you could take my rope and claim it as your own. The path you said your 'friends' went down is a dead end with some sort of gelatinous cube trap. You won't tell us what lies in the path above. You wouldn't even let us help our companion trapped above. If you expect any sort of good will from us you need to start cooperating now. Why were you going for the whistle? What's up above? And where did your green friends go?"
"Well, I wasn't going to BLOW it if that's what you thought. Up above is just some dead end. And my green friends went back over that way. You must have seen them on your way in here, they definitely walked straight past you."

Solomon indicates the left-hand passage and then scowls at the goblins and sulks.

Righteous and Drinks form a goblin-stack to allow Walks to climb up to the ledge above them. It's a stretch, but between them they are able to get her up onto the ledge.

William heads left and is pleased to find that the spore cloud is FINALLY starting to dissipate. There are definitely still spores hanging around, but they seem to be settling out a bit.

Forges tests the ceiling ooze with a dead rat and is a little surprised at how fast the rat is pulled out of his grasp and into the slime. The carcass begins to be digested...

------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES

.[tabs: Walks]

Stats:
ATT: 3 (axe) / 2 (bow)
DEF: 1
HP: 2/6

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x2, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
  • Skull
  • Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Ring of Unquenchable Thirst: Cursed Item (cannot be removed). The wearer must drink every turn.
[tabs: William]

Stats:
ATT: 3
DEF: 3
HP: 4/5

Items:
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)
  • LongSword (+2 ATT)(2-handed)
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic), currently full of Mystery Mushroom Spores
  • Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 1/3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)
[tabs: Righteous]

Stats:
ATT: 4
DEF: 2
HP: 3/5

Items:
  • Solomon's whistle: Golden.
  • Scorpion Blade: +2ATT, 25% chance to poison an enemy. 1H dagger.
  • Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1H, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))
  • Battle Standard
  • 2-handed shield (+1 DEF)
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
[tabs: Drinks]

Stats:
ATT: 2
HP: 2/5

Items:
  • Solomon's trinkets (metal soldier toy, hard cake in a handkerchief, collection of buttons & a shiny red pebble).
  • Ring of Transmogrification: Transforms the wearer
  • Simple Axe (+1 ATT) (1-handed)
  • Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
  • Empty pouch: x3
  • Pouch of mushroom spores
[tabs: Forges]

Stats:
HP: 4/6

Items:
  • Human? bones: Taken from 2 skeletons
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • Preserved Human Ear Necklace
  • A sharp looking Man-purse (backpack)
  • 3 important looking letters
  • "My first wand" wand
  • Red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently)
  • 3 books of Evil Badness
  • Mace (+2 ATT)(1-handed)
  • Leather Jerkin (+1 DEF)
[/tabs]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:47 pm

William waits to see if the cloud will dissipate in the next turn...(do watched clouds disapate...like a watched pot never boiling?)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:28 am

Drinks goes to William and gives him them empty pouches so he can harvest the spores.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:31 pm

If Walks cooperates Righteous One will throw the end of his cloak up to walks so she can pull him up.

Otherwise he will head back to the left to retrieve his rope (and the pirate hook) so he can make another grappling hook.

ooc: The blob digests organic tissue but leaves bone, we might be able to manipulate it using bones? Just a thought.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:58 pm

William will suggest Chuck wait for the cloud to disapate and then..."Don't grab that rope...I have a plan to get the other rope back..."

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Walks will climb up VERY carefully and try her best to help Right up as well, without falling down again. If successful (at least with the 'not falling down' part) she will carefully move to the (upper) right, wary of the pool and whatever might be in it. If she fell down, move to the (lower) right and keep distance to the goo/gelatin for now.
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Having no idea how to deal with goo wrangling Forges heads back and helps Right up into walks arms.
Then turns to Solomen truely looking at him and trying to see if his reactions are more malicious or have just been childish or delusional. With mushrooms about who knows.
" Well Solomen or Rainmaker of the horticultural group, unless those two dead skeletons back there are were your green "friends" they had a way of getting past the hungry goos, but as I saw one of them kick you I really don't think that was all about being intimidated by your height. Most of what you have said seems a little unbelievable except that this is maybe your home and you want your stuff back. Like the whistle or the pewter incarnation of a various monster or adventurer ;). If you are quiet or helpful I will see to it you get your stuff back when we have found a way through here.."
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 29

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:49 pm

Turn 29

"Well Solomen or Rainmaker of the horticultural group, unless those two dead skeletons back there are were your green "friends" they had a way of getting past the hungry goos, but as I saw one of them kick you I really don't think that was all about being intimidated by your height. Most of what you have said seems a little unbelievable except that this is maybe your home and you want your stuff back. Like the whistle or the pewter incarnation of a various monster or adventurer. If you are quiet or helpful I will see to it you get your stuff back when we have found a way through here.."
"I am TRYING to help you!! Helpful is my middle name!"

Forges decides to leave the goop alone for a bit and heads back to the others. Righteous uses Forges as a living ladder and throws the end of his cloak up to Walks, who is able to help haul him up onto the ledge.

After that, she heads right and gets a better look at the area that rat-Drinks found earlier.

Drinks heads left and gives his spore pouches to William who watches the spore cloud do very, very little. Whatever those spores are made of, they take a LONG time to settle.

------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x2, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Skull
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Ring of Unquenchable Thirst: Cursed Item (cannot be removed). The wearer must drink every turn.

Stats:

Items:
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 1/3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)

Stats:

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)

Stats:

Items:
  • Solomon's trinkets (metal soldier toy, hard cake in a handkerchief, collection of buttons & a shiny red pebble).

Stats:

Items:
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs]

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:59 pm

Righteous One will join walks in the next area and while displaying his standard, call out to the little imp like things on the boat.

"Hello over there. We're from the Goblin's Adventurers League. We're looking for a Druidess, do you happen to know the way?"
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:13 pm

William realizes that the spore cloud is like a watch pot...it never boils. "Alright I'm going to be nasty to people now..."

William will then go back over to Soloman and see if he can get any of the others to help move Soloman over to the grey goop. "So since this is a wonderful place you'd love to take a quick bath in that grey goup overhead right?" He will ask...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:05 am

Walks waits to see how Right's negotiations turn out. If the creatures for some reason turn hostile, she'll fire an arrow at one of them (preferably one she can hurt/kill). If they offer to take her across, she'll ride the boat and move to the right afterwards. If nothing of the like happens, she'll examine (just LOOKING) the boat, and its riders.
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:49 am

"Solomon, it really hasn't seemed so far like you are trying to help us, hence your current condition. You have ignored that fact that i have seen the two goop monsters down the side alley, and there is no simple way past them and if so it looks like a dead end. Now i will give you one last chance to be helpful, before I help my friend here show you up close and personal these goop monsters. Plus look at what is around my neck, A friend recently gave me this and it has started me thinking of making a collection. Do you want yours to be next?

If Solomon offers something useful, or totally truthful i might hold off helping carry him towards the goop for better convincing.

ooc: not sure even with three of us we can move a wriggling Solomon, but i've just been back through all of Solomons text and found something a little odd, So far nothing he has said is true (except maybe this being his home and about his stuff) and for some reason this reminded me of the one guard only speaks lies riddle.

Or how about we just turn Solomon into the rat with the ring?
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:29 am

OOC: I wanted the crate to put him in before we turned him into a rat...chasing him about as a rat would be just a problematic as having lost a rope to his confinement...

But your right...I'm going to force him to either stop lying or die lying...but if he's the blackfoot where the hell is the whitefoot?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Using his spear as a club, Drinks wil punch Solomon.
"The next lie out of you and I'll start doing real damage!"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 30

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Turn 30

Righteous displays his standard proudly and greets the little green guys.

"Hello over there. We're from the Goblin's Adventurers League. We're looking for a Druidess, do you happen to know the way?"
"Helloooooo! Of course we do!"
"We run the littly ferry to the other side!"
"We can take you across, one at a time!"
"One return ticket will cost you one item."
"We're the safest ferry in THIS swamp!"
"Oh yes we are! We have a money-back guarantee and everything!"

Walks watches the little green guys expectantly but they seem nice enough.

Down below, the others are growing increasingly impatient with Solomon.

William heads back to the right and climbs back over to where the others have starting interrogating him.

"Alright I'm going to be nasty to people now... So since this is a wonderful place you'd love to take a quick bath in that grey goup overhead right?"
"Oh yeah, that sounds like exactly like what I want to do."
"Solomon, it really hasn't seemed so far like you are trying to help us, hence your current condition. You have ignored that fact that i have seen the two goop monsters down the side alley, and there is no simple way past them and if so it looks like a dead end. Now i will give you one last chance to be helpful, before I help my friend here show you up close and personal these goop monsters. Plus look at what is around my neck, A friend recently gave me this and it has started me thinking of making a collection. Do you want yours to be next?
"Sure! I'm not using them for anything else."

Drinks steps forward and punches Solomon in the face with his spear.

"The next lie out of you and I'll start doing real damage!"

Solomon scowls at Drinks as his eyes well up with tears...

"Why?"

------------------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x2, +1 ATT)
  • Skull

Stats:

Items:
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Withering Touch

Stats:

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)

Stats:

Items:

Stats:

Items:
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs]

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:33 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:51 am

Raising an eye brow suspiciously
"Hold up there drinks I think i'm on to something. Solomon what colour is my face? and don't be sarcastic otherwise my friend he might hit you again."

If he answers incorrectly I have a feeling he is cursed, so i will try a reverse question.

"Solomon what is not down that path to the right?" He points in the direction of the oozes.

If he tells me the answer I would have given if not for the word not then I will indeed think he's cursed and act more friendly to him. stopping the other from attacking. If he is still not co-operating, being sarcastic or just plain pissing us about, the others can do what they want.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:04 pm

William will look on...since he's wondering at what point the liar will give up...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:48 am

Walks talks some more to the ferry guys. "Why, hello there. My name is Walks. What are yours? Also, you'll bring us to the other side for free and only charge us ONE item for the return trip, did I understand you right there? ANY item at all? Would you tell us what we find on the other side of the pool?"

If Walks understood the ferry guys correctly, and they don't tell of utmost dangerous horrors lying beyond the pond, she'll step onto the ferry and lets herself be transported to the other side, then move right.

OOC: I agree, Solomon might be forced to LIE whenever he answers a question. (Or maybe in his culture it is polite or whatever to lie, who knows?) Not sure about when he "volunteers" stuff like the "Why?" this turn or when he was protesting about us taking his stuff. But Forges seems to have the "nice" approach covered, kudos to you! Also, hitting someone who is already tied up is really low, I don't approve of that.
► Show Spoiler