Gives Speeches

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 30

Post by kida » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:31 am

Drinks will stay looking threatening at Solomon during the interrogation

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 30

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:56 am

[color=#80000]Whatever happened to ferrymen asking for coins? Well, is the druidess on the other side? Or elsewhere for that matter?[/color]

Letting walks cross first (only one at a time) Righteous One will wait for his questions to be answered

ooc: looking back at some of the things Solomon has said he has to be cursed. "And my green friends went back over that way. You must have seen them on your way in here, they definitely walked straight past you." obvious lie and conflicts with: "They wanted to go down the corridor behind me but I didn't see where they went." The only consistency is that he is lying. However, we can make some conclusions then. "his stuff" isn't really his, and the green guys will not be back soon. (a shame I wanted to confront the one and take his lantern)
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 31

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:59 pm

Turn 31

"Why, hello there. My name is Walks. What are yours? Also, you'll bring us to the other side for free and only charge us ONE item for the return trip, did I understand you right there? ANY item at all? Would you tell us what we find on the other side of the pool?"
"Hello! My name is Felli and this is my brother, Ermic. As for our fee, no, it's not just ANY item I'm afraid. It needs to be something at least a little bit useful or else what's the point? No junk*!"
"On the other side of the pond, you will find the exit from this tunnel and our local healer!"
"We'll also have to charge in advance I'm afraid! Just in case you run off on the other side and never come back to pay us. So you pay upfront to cross the pond, but when you come back, we'll let you cross for free. Sound fair?"

"Whatever happened to ferrymen asking for coins? Well, is the druidess on the other side? Or elsewhere for that matter?"
"I suppose that would depend on the ferryman having some use for coins. Around here, we usually find that THINGS are more useful than little pieces of metal."

"Hold up there drinks I think i'm on to something. Solomon what colour is my face? and don't be sarcastic otherwise my friend he might hit you again."
"<siiiiiiiiiiiiigh> I do have other things to be doing today you know. Your face is blue. Obviously."
"Solomon what is not down that path to the right?"
"What is not down there? Well, there's definitely no gelatinous oozes that's for sure!"

Drinks and William stand back, glaring.

------------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
* "Junk" items are those that don't have stats or produce magical / non-magical effects. So you could trade the vial of spider venom but not a dead rat or a skull for example.

INVENTORIES

.[tabs: Walks]

Stats:
ATT: 3 (axe) / 2 (bow)
DEF: 1
HP: 2/6

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x2, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
  • Skull
  • Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Ring of Unquenchable Thirst: Cursed Item (cannot be removed). The wearer must drink every turn.
[tabs: William]

Stats:
ATT: 3
DEF: 3
HP: 4/5

Items:
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)
  • LongSword (+2 ATT)(2-handed)
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic), currently full of Mystery Mushroom Spores
  • Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 1/3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)
[tabs: Righteous]

Stats:
ATT: 4
DEF: 2
HP: 3/5

Items:
  • Solomon's whistle: Golden.
  • Scorpion Blade: +2ATT, 25% chance to poison an enemy. 1H dagger.
  • Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1H, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))
  • Battle Standard
  • 2-handed shield (+1 DEF)
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)
  • Empty pouch: x3
  • Pouch of mushroom spores
[tabs: Drinks]

Stats:
ATT: 2
HP: 2/5

Items:
  • Solomon's trinkets (metal soldier toy, hard cake in a handkerchief, collection of buttons & a shiny red pebble).
  • Ring of Transmogrification: Transforms the wearer
  • Simple Axe (+1 ATT) (1-handed)
  • Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
[tabs: Forges]

Stats:
HP: 4/6

Items:
  • Human? bones: Taken from 2 skeletons
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • Preserved Human Ear Necklace
  • A sharp looking Man-purse (backpack)
  • 3 important looking letters
  • "My first wand" wand
  • Red Potion (increases Hp by 1 point permanently)
  • 3 books of Evil Badness
  • Mace (+2 ATT)(1-handed)
  • Leather Jerkin (+1 DEF)
[/tabs]

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:55 pm

ooc ferry: heh I'm guessing this is something for the GM to keep our items in check. Part of me is tempted to take the ferry by force but I guess I can't kill EVERYTHING. As for what to give, I'll probably give them my shield unless someone wants it and would trade me something I could give them for it. I was probably going to magic box it anyway. Walks you might consider giving them your "magical" (cursed) ring unless you can imagine some use of it. Though that might turn them hostile but its just a suggestion. I am slightly worried that they wouldn't tell me where the druidess was. I'm hoping that's just an oversight and them not trying to con us into a dead end to steal our stuff. But since everything else seems to be a dead end I think that's unlikely

ooc Solomon: Someone might want to ask what wouldn't have happened had he blown the whistle. It might be good to know if he has allies/minions/etc waiting in the wings somewhere. Also someone might want to try and find out more about the green men and the druidess.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:43 pm

► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:23 pm

William will point to the whistle "So what won't happen if I blow on the whistle there..." He asks...

OOC: Also there is nothing stopping the ferrymen from demanding another payment to get back across...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:15 pm

thinkslogically wrote:You're welcome to meta-guess my intentions within quests, but nothing is sacred and you are welcome to (try to) kill anything you want.
And indeed I will and am. I'm guessing you've thrown enough pitfalls at us that this isn't a trap so much as a item management opportunity. Although this hurts some of us more than others. I don't mind losing the shield but forges and drinks don't have a lot so if we ever go across in force or ever need to go back and forth multiple times it may just be easier to take the ferry by force. Or trickery if we can get them to put on the cursed ring. But I'm asking before I start stabbing. Others may think of a better solution and I don't like starting fights when spread out. Particularly since the others can't get to us easily atm.
Also, Gathers asked the same question as you did more or less, so they didn't answer it twice :) They told you the ferry leads to the exit and the healer.
Somehow I read that as Gathers speaking despite it being a totally different shade of green. I can be stupid sometimes.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:20 pm

"HA! as I thought! Now I understand the problem we get get this moving. I'm going to ask some more questions now and if I'm satisfied with the answers I'll leave you be.
One what information don't you have on the druidess and the ferrymen above above?
Why don't you tell lies, Is it because someone un-cursed you?
And finally if I untie you and make sure you get back your stuff, will you harm us or be willing to help us by lifting us up and down to the ledge? "

After the questions forges ponders the answers and sees what the others think.
Last edited by Patdragon on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:46 am

Walks nods at Felli and Ermic. "Okay, so you want useful items. Is a extinguished torch useful to you? Or how about this ring? I have to warn you, though, it is cursed and will make it's wearer have to drink almost constantly and also not able to be removed again, so don't put it on.
It is magical, thought and thus might be of interest to a collector or someone who can remove curses. Or even a greedy bartender..." Walks
muses. "Also, I will have to ask you for a token a voucher or any other way of proving to you later, that I have already paid for my way back. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we recently ran into a compulsive liar, and I'd like to be on the safe side." Walks smiles at the ferrymen. "I'm sure as upstanding businessmen you can understand my caution and don't mind giving me some reassurance."

Walks will listen carefully to the ferry-men's replies.
If the ferry men accept the torch as payment, and give some voucher for the free return trip, Walks will make her way across on the ferry. If they don't want the torch, she'll stick her toe into the water (it didn't harm rat-Drinks before) and see if it's dangerous to her. Actually, to her, after being immersed in that acid pool, a nice swim in "just" mucky water does sound kind of nice...

OOC: the healer might be the druidess. Or even if not, Walks could do with some HP.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:05 am

Well since he doesn't quite trust the ferrymen and walks doesn't want to go the stabby route and they can only go one at a time, Righteous One will try out his goblin swimming skills. Drinks had sensed something moving but hopefully it was just the ferry. If its something more malicious he has his ring.

(you said you'd prefer I state when I'm wearing it/intending it to be used, so this is me saying I'm wearing it.)
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 32

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:47 am

Turn 32

The goblins continue to talk to Solomon:

"So what won't happen if I blow on the whistle there..."
"Oooh! Oh! I definitely know this!! I ... just don't want to tell you."
"HA! as I thought! Now I understand the problem we get get this moving. I'm going to ask some more questions now and if I'm satisfied with the answers I'll leave you be.
One what information don't you have on the druidess and the ferrymen above above?

"She's a witch! She hates strangers the most of all and never helps anyone. She's really not a nice person and you should definitely not try her cakes. I know everything about the ferrymen.
Why don't you tell lies, Is it because someone un-cursed you?
I don't ever lie! I only tell the truth! I've only ever told the truth from the moment I was born.

And finally if I untie you and make sure you get back your stuff, will you harm us or be willing to help us by lifting us up and down to the ledge? "
"I can't help you up and down there, I'm definitely not strong enough."

Upstairs, Walks and Righteous keep chatting to the ferrymen.

"Okay, so you want useful items. Is a extinguished torch useful to you? Or how about this ring? I have to warn you, though, it is cursed and will make it's wearer have to drink almost constantly and also not able to be removed again, so don't put it on. It is magical, thought and thus might be of interest to a collector or someone who can remove curses. Or even a greedy bartender... Also, I will have to ask you for a token a voucher or any other way of proving to you later, that I have already paid for my way back. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we recently ran into a compulsive liar, and I'd like to be on the safe side. I'm sure as upstanding businessmen you can understand my caution and don't mind giving me some reassurance."
"Hmmm... well an old torch is really just a stick with some stuff on it to make it burn and we've got plenty of sticks around here so that's not much good. Cursed items are pretty hard to do anything with, but I suppose it could be useful. Maybe... Yeah, ok. You give us that ring of yours and we'll take you across and back on our little ferry."
"As for a token, you just need to keep your ticket! We wouldn't be much of a ferry business if we didn't give out tickets would we? Hope Old Swampy didn't give you too much trouble! He's really pretty harmless."

Forges meanwhile has decided to try swimming. He equips his obsidian ring and leaps into the pool.

"Hey! HEY! Don't do that!"
"Quick! Move!!"

The ferrymen paddle their little boat to the far bank at a surprising speed and haul it half out of the water.

Forges manages to paddle about halfway out into the little pool when something grabs at him from beneath the surface! Luckily his obsidian ring absorbs and nullifies the attack, but three tentacles emerge around him ready to attack!

"Get him out of the water, quick!"
"I'll go and get help!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x2, +1 ATT)
  • Torch (extinguished): +1 ATT if used as weapon; 5% chance of setting an enemy on fire; 10% chance of breaking.
  • Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
  • Skull
  • Wolfskin Cloak: +1 DEF. Very fine quality, provides protection against the cold.
  • Knock-Back Axe: +2 ATT. Chance to knock an enemy prone (must spend a move to stand back up).
  • Ring of Unquenchable Thirst: Cursed Item (cannot be removed). The wearer must drink every turn.

Stats:

Items:
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Withering Touch
  • Ring of Water Form (Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns))
  • Wand of Slumber: Will temporarily send one creature to sleep. Contains 1/3 charges (and will recharge automagically on return to the GAL)

Stats:
HP: 3/5

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
  • Cloak of Blood Banking - Can store 1HP in cloak. If wearer reaches 0HP, will restore you to 1HP
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)

Stats:

Items:
  • Solomon's trinkets (metal soldier toy, hard cake in a handkerchief, collection of buttons & a shiny red pebble).

Stats:

Items:
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs]
Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:20 am

uhh... I'm Righteous not forges.

Righteous One will start hacking at tentacles (with razor and blade) while trying to retreat, hopefully luring it within range of walks.

ooc battle: Gathers do whatever you think is best but would you mind either pulling me out by the cloak or hacking on this thing too? Or if you can think of a better way of helping go for it. perhaps mimicing Forgath and going after the soft body.

ooc Solomon: Why would he blow the whistle if he doesn't know what it does? Maybe someone told him to blow it if he was in trouble? If someone wouldn't mind inquiring "why weren't you going to blow the whistle?", though that's probably a bit of a low priority atm.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:51 pm

William will just laugh....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:12 pm

"ok Solomon, stand up"
Drinks will try to climb on solomon head while he stands up and try to reach the tunnel above.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:03 am

Walks clenches her teeth and ponders her options. If Right gets into her reach, she'll try anything to help pull him out of the water. If the tentacles get into reach, she'll knock them back with her axe. If the tentacles don't get into melee range, she'll apply some spider venom to an arrow and shoot it at the tentacles, aiming very carefully as not to hit Right.

OOC: I'm very glad that Walks didn't go for that swim, after all. With just 2 health remaining and no ring to protect her, it might as well have been her last act.
@ patdragon: Might be worth to try and help him stand up first, if you want to use him as a "ladder". Standing up while being tied up can't be easy. ;)
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:19 am

ooc: I'm tempted to untie him to regain his trust and speed things up and get you more help up top now. What say you guys, if no objections.

Forges decides this poor cursed creature needs to be treated better so unties him and quickly urges him to help his friend up to the surface so we can save our friend.

"Drinks, give us his stuff i think it best we return it to its owner for his helping us"
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:51 am

response@pat: You might ask him a question first to affirm he will help you and not turn on you and hinge his release on the answer. Otherwise I have no objections to you doing so.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:01 am

@chuck- I did last turn, and i think forges would take it to mean he agreed to his harm or help question
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 33

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:33 pm

Turn 33

Righteous kicks towards the bank, but the tentacles are blocking him, so he attacks! The tentacles are quite squishy and with his fancy blades he's able to make quite a mess of the one to his left, which Walks finishes off with a poison arrow! The other two tentacles swipe at him! They can't get through his defences, but one of them manages to get a grip on his arm!

"ok Solomon, stand up"
"Drinks, give us his stuff i think it best we return it to its owner for his helping us"

Down below, William stands and laughs while Forges unties Solomon. Drinks doesn't wait for an answer, and just starts climbing up the guy. Solomon doesn't look very pleased.

"I love having feet in my mouth. It makes getting up really easy."

-----------------------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Arrows (x2, +1 ATT): Coated in Spider venom (+1 poison DAM per turn)
  • Skull

Stats:

Items:
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Withering Touch

Stats:

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)

Stats:

Items:

Stats:

Items:
  • Rope
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs][/quote]

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:59 pm

Righteous One will slash at the tentacle holding his arm in order to free himself. He'll still try to back out of the water while he slashes though he suspects he's not going anywhere.

ooc convenience: This maybe somewhat anal retentive of me but since the ring has a 15 turn cooldown, would you mind putting in the inventory something along the lines of "on cooldown till turn 47" so its easier for me to keep track of.

ooc getting up to the ledge: since you untied him you could just remake the grappling hook since you have both the rope and the hook.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:16 am

Unless the tentacles come closer (in which case use the knockback axe instead)Walks shoots her other arrow at the tentacles. If Right gets into reach, she'll pull him out.

ooc: there goes my last arrow.
Also, folks downstairs: Solomon is getting grumpy again, please be careful! Give him back his stuff, help him up and ask him nicely. Unless you want to fight him again. :paranoia:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:23 am

Why in the hell did you untie him?

William realizes how stupid his companions are and decides to go check on the spore cloud again....
"Forges, your a damn tree hugger arn't you...I leave you to your fate..." he says as he stops off...

If they start fighting Soloman again, well it was their stupidity that got them there in the first place

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:44 am

"Well when you were laughing it didn't seem a problem and I'm no tree hugger - cut em down and make a book out of um I say, and my fate is my own, but this fellow here is no threat- are you big fella, now sorry for my eager friend here but our other friend up above has come into a bit of trouble and he doesn't know his manners. If you stand up again and help out i''ll sort all this out, Hell, if you drink beer i'll buy you one at our local."

Forges helps Solomon stand up if able with a drinks on his shoulders hopefully.

On a hunch he will also give a reverse instruction to Solomon if he doesn't help up telling him to "oh just sit down then" in case he does the opposite as well as answers questions but only if he doesn't stand up first.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 34

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Turn 34

Righteous starts flailing towards the shore, but can't break free of the tentacle holding his arm. Another grabs hold as well and keep him held tightly in the middle of the pool. He gets two good hits in and severs one of them, and Walks to get a good shot on the other one. Two more tentacles appear out of the depths...

"Gah! Hold on! I'm sure help is on its way!"

Why in the hell did you untie him? Forges, your a damn tree hugger arn't you...I leave you to your fate..."
"Well when you were laughing it didn't seem a problem and I'm no tree hugger - cut em down and make a book out of um I say, and my fate is my own, but this fellow here is no threat- are you big fella, now sorry for my eager friend here but our other friend up above has come into a bit of trouble and he doesn't know his manners. If you stand up again and help out i''ll sort all this out, Hell, if you drink beer i'll buy you one at our local."

Forges helps Solomon stand up, and Drinks does nothing at all.

William leaves his companions to their own problems and heads off to the left to check on the spore cloud. It's STILL there!

---------------------------------------------

INVENTORIES

Stats:

Items:
  • "Stirge" corpses (x4)
  • Shortbow (ranged)
  • Skull

Stats:

Items:
  • Pirate hook (+1 ATT)
  • Withering Touch

Stats:

Items:
  • Battle Standard
  • Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down) [re-activates on turn 48]
  • Helmet (+1 DEF)

Stats:

Items:

Stats:

Items:
  • Rope
  • 3 dead rats (small)
  • 2 dead rats (medium)
  • "My first wand" wand
[/tabs]

kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Quest for a Cure (GAL 7): Turn 34

Post by kida » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:48 pm

Drinks return Solomon things to him.

"Would you help get up?"