GAL: Q4 - Completed (please move eventually)

For all games that are now over.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: GAL: Q4 - Tower Assault - Turn 74

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Synch wrote:I don't really want any of the magical items, and I wouldn't mind a 1-handed weapon, but I have nothing to trade apart from whatever loot might get allocated to me.
You've been sorta shafted on loot so go ahead and take one of my axes.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:11 pm

We will likely have a big 'Gear breakout' in a moment here...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:19 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:29 pm

OOC: I really want to destroy the book, does anyone have any objections? I also really want some Armor so if theres any in the chests/available for general loot id like to get it.

As Far as actions Soars will attempt to race downstairs maybe theres a chance to still save the dryad? after that hell come back up and destroy the crystals from range on the assumption that it will free the trapped ones.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:41 pm

Walks will move down the trapdoor and assist in any fighting/looting (collect all the imp horns) that takes place. She'll also assist in trying to help free the mermaid and the gryphon.

If no one wants the + 1 HP necklace, I would like Walks to get it. (I think it's only a stat bonus, not a healing item, but still, nice to live a little longer. Armor/shield would also be appreciated
And I absolutely want the neverending water basin and the Ant queen head (for the HQ as trophy).
I am all for destryoing the book, but we might need some qualified help for that. Like the dawnstar guys or something.

My internet crapped out and I don't know when/if I will get it going again. They were supposed to call me back for telling me when they could send a technician over, but so far no such luck. PLEASE let folks in other parts of the forum know, in case I don't have time to tell them. Thanks.

@ Badge/coplayers: Please vote for Walks or put her on autopilot.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:28 am

I was eyeing the necklace myself...but I'm willing to sort of make a William-Walks group and divy out things between us later if need be...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:32 am

I assume that items will be passed out and equalized in a nice way, if you would like i can make up a list of everything you have found within this Quest. Once everything is complete of course.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL: Q4 - Tower Assault - Turn 76

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:53 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Having defeated everything that needed to be defeated, the group splits up and begins to explore the final remnants of the tower.
Soars wants to run down and free anything that is still stuck (mermaid & Griffin(dryad is dead)) but as he reaches the window and starts to climb out onto the very dead vines, he quickly finds that they will no longer hold his weight. Giving up this idea he runs back up to the top and begins breaking crystals. The Blue and Yellow shatter easily enough, he will be able to shatter the green one next but he thinks he may be filled with the energy of the dryad and wonders what will happen.
Right & William head down to the unopened chests in the treasure room. Once down there, they can more easily see the chests and the contraption that seems to be holding them shut. Set in the wall are crystals quite similar to the ones above and above them are small empty basins. The chests are unable to be forced open.

Walks, Laughs & Leaves head down into the new room.

Stats & Loot
.[tabs:Right(ChuckDaRighteous)]
Base ATT: 1 + (Wpn) = ___
Base DEF: 2 + (___) = ___
Total ATT:
Total DEF:
HP: 5/5

ITEMS:
- Simple Axe(+1 ATT) (1-handed)
- Simple Axe(+1 ATT) (1-handed) (25% to miss due to dual wielding)
- Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1-handed, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))(loaned from Quarg)
- Bone
- Magical Components bag
- Helmet (+1 Def)
- 2-handed shield (+1 Def)
- 1/2 of a Red Curtain
- 6 Imp Horns
- Flaming Trident (+2 Atk "Fire damage")
- Flaming Whip (+2 Atk "Fire damage")
- Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
- Silver Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)

[tabs:Walks(Gathers)]
Base DEF: 1 + (___) = ___

ITEMS:
- Shortbow (ranged)
- Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
- Pointy Stick (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
- Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
- Vial of Worm blood - Can be assumed to create the same parasite/host relationship that dies has.
- Skull
- 85% of a Curtain (Damp)
- 7 crusty grungy smelly mugs
- wooden shaft
- Spearhead
- Healing Salve (+2d3 Hp)
- Leather Tie Cord
- 5 Metal Curtain Rings

[tabs: Leaves(Synch)]

ITEMS:
- Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
- Fresh hide from White Rat, needs to be properly treated before use.
- Piece of Glass
- Small Length of Vine

[tabs: Soars(SaruSama)]

ITEMS:
- Pirate Captain's Hat (upon activation word) temporarily reduces one enemy DEF by 2. Cool down is 10 Turns.
- Barrel Lid
- Shield of Corrosion Resistance (+2 Def)(Large = 2-Handed)
- 1 book of Summon Evil

[tabs:Laughs(Spiderwrangler)]

ITEMS:
- Leather Jerkin (+1 Def)
- Simple Axe(+1 ATT) (1-handed) (25% to miss due if dual wielding)
- Fake Hair
- Tapestry Rod +1 ATT - (25% chance to miss) (2-handed)
- PlayWitch vol. 2
- Old crumbling journal
- Length of Rope
- 2 human ears
- Wizards Hat
- Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic)
- Wizards Slippers
- 1 Bone Key

[tabs:William(Quarg)]
Base DEF: 3 + (___) = ___

ITEMS:
- LongSword (+2 ATT)(2-handed)
- Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)(2-handed)
- Berzerkers Axe (+3 ATT, -2 DEF)
- Withering Touch (-1 Hp Magical ATT, ignores DEF, Ranged Weapon, 1-Handed) Cooldown 1 turn (Charge= 1 Turn; Cast = 1 Turn, repeat) *Cannot ÔÇ£holdÔÇØ a charge. Can be overcharged for additional damage to target at cost of damage to wielder.
- Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)
- Wizards Staff (+2 Atk, 50% chance of knockback)[/tabs]
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:27 am

William will go back up and see about removing the green crystal carefully from its perch and then taking it down to place in the green crystal bowl if it works he will take what finds in the chest.
William will then proceed to get the water basin to fill the blue crystal basin with water and see if that opens.
"right put a imp horn in the red crystal pot, that might open it"

William wiil then go over to the study...
If no one has looked at the magic texts lying open, William will.
If no one has investigated the magic ball, william will...
If no one has opened the door...william will
If no one has climbed up and gotten the chest, william will...
If no one has tried to pull all the books out from the shelf to see if there is a secret door...William will...while reading the titles of the real books to see if any might be of interest...
Last edited by Quarg on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:05 am

Righteous One will continue to try and open the chests. Seeing as the red crystal was magical and embodied fire, he will try using imp horns, the fire weapons, and random stuff from the magical components bag on the red chest receptacle. He'll also try the items form the magical components bag on the other chests. If nothing else works he'll also borrow the infinite water bowl to poor water in for the blue chest receptacle. Any chest he manages to open he will loot.

(It may not necessarily be the crystals so much as something of that element, fire for red, water for blue, something earthy for green, and I'm guessing air doesn't make a good lock opener for chests which is why its conspicuously absent)

After finishing with the chests, Righteous One will head back up, and all the way over to the wizards study. If no one claims it he will take the golden goblet there, open the door (presuming someone hasn't already) and explore what's on the other side.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Soars will just for fun, listen at the green crystal just to see if theres any clues about it. Assuming he doesnt hear anything weird afterwards hell grab it and head down to the chests and put the crystal in the green chest thing.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Leaves No Trace scans the books in the bookcase to see if any are of any interest and takes any of relevance. He climbs up to get the chest, and then holds it out to Laughs to attempt unlocking it with the bone key, or else borrows the key from Laughs and tries it then returns the key. He will leave the orb, goblet and open texts for others to take, and heads lifts the bar and heads through the doorway to the left.
Presuming this is the barred door at the top of the staircase Leaves will make his way down and try using the piece of vine he cut in the basin corresponding to the green chest, if the green crystal has no effect.
► Show Spoiler
If Leaves can locate the water basin, he will attempt to use water to dislodge the boulders blocking the stairwell by flooding the blockage and hoping the water can dislodge some of the rocks. He will also try water from the water basin in the basin corresponding to the blue crystal by the the chest.

If these attempts are successful, he will make his way down to Arnold and then to attempt to rescue the gryphon and mermaid.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:36 pm

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL: Q4 - Tower Assault - Turn 77

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:24 am

► Show Spoiler
Soars Pauses to see if he can hear anything within the green crystal. He does not, and so he attempts to slowly and carefully bring it off its perch and into his hands....this fails and the green crystal shatters.
The whole tower begins to shake and creak and as everyone opens their eyes after the shaking stops, everything has changed.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Leaves goes through the books on the shelves but all of them are in strange languages that he has never seen before. He throws out a few of them in order to climb to the top and retrieve the small chest. The bone key is inserted into the skull chest and as it opens, Leaves, Walks & Laughs find themselves staring at a Crystal heart. Within the crystal heart there is a red pulsing light which pulses and feels warm to the touch. Laughs grabs everything in sight that he can take that seems valuable. (golden goblet & Crystal Ball)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Right throws a bunch of imp horns and finally the fire whip into the small basin above the red crystal chest. As the fire whip touches the basin, everything that he has placed inside melts into a liquid that looks not unlike lava and fills the circle surrounding the red crystal. As it does so, the chest slowly creaks open.
William Moves to the left and finds himself much lower in the new tower-tree as well as the water basin and Arnold. He ignores Arnold and grabs the basin, moving back to the chests and pouring water into the blue basin. Once filled, the water fills the circle surround the blue crystal and the chest opens.
After opening the skull chest, Leaves moves to the left and finds the treasure room. He puts the piece of vine in the basin, which turns to a liquid green and then fills into the circle surrounding the green crystal. The chest opens.

Blue Chest contents:
Ring of Water Form - Allows you to turn your body (and belongings) into water for 3 turns. (cool-down is 15 turns)
Red Chest contents:
Cloak of Blood Banking- Allows you to "save" 1 Hp in the cloak. If wearer falls to 0, automatically fills wearer back up to 1Hp.
Green Chest contents:
Bark Armor (+2 Def, vulnerable to fire)

Stats & Loot
.[tabs:Right(ChuckDaRighteous)]
Total ATT:
Total DEF:

ITEMS:
- Simple Axe(+1 ATT) (1-handed) (25% to miss due to dual wielding)
- Straight Razor (+1 Atk, 1-handed, 25% chance to cause Bleed(-1 Hp for 1 turn))(loaned from Quarg)
- Bone
- Magical Components bag
- Helmet (+1 Def)
- 1/2 of a Red Curtain
- Flaming Trident (+2 Atk "Fire damage")
- Obsidian Ring (Set with 1 Black Pearl) (Magic Shield nullifies 1 Attack, ignore upon activation, 15 turn cool-down)
- Silver Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)

[tabs:Walks(Gathers)]

ITEMS:
- Shortbow (ranged)
- Arrows (x3, +1 ATT)
- Pointy Stick (+1 ATT) (2-handed)
- Vial of spider venom: Can be applied to weapons or added to potions.
- Vial of Worm blood - Can be assumed to create the same parasite/host relationship that dies has.
- Skull
- 85% of a Curtain (Damp)
- 7 crusty grungy smelly mugs
- wooden shaft
- Spearhead
- Leather Tie Cord
- 5 Metal Curtain Rings

[tabs: Leaves(Synch)]

ITEMS:
- Fresh hide from White Rat, needs to be properly treated before use.
- Piece of Glass

[tabs: Soars(SaruSama)]

ITEMS:
- Pirate Captain's Hat (upon activation word) temporarily reduces one enemy DEF by 2. Cool down is 10 Turns.
- Barrel Lid
- Shield of Corrosion Resistance (+2 Def)(Large = 2-Handed)
- 1 book of Summon Evil

[tabs:Laughs(Spiderwrangler)]

ITEMS:
- Leather Jerkin (+1 Def)
- Simple Axe(+1 ATT) (1-handed) (25% to miss due if dual wielding)
- Fake Hair
- Tapestry Rod +1 ATT - (25% chance to miss) (2-handed)
- PlayWitch vol. 2
- Old crumbling journal
- Length of Rope
- 2 human ears
- Wizards Hat
- Wizards Robe (+1 Def vs. Magic)
- Wizards Slippers

[tabs:William(Quarg)]
Base DEF: 3 + (___) = ___

ITEMS:
- LongSword (+2 ATT)(2-handed)
- Pointy Stick (+1 ATT)(2-handed)
- Berzerkers Axe (+3 ATT, -2 DEF)
- Withering Touch (-1 Hp Magical ATT, ignores DEF, Ranged Weapon, 1-Handed) Cooldown 1 turn (Charge= 1 Turn; Cast = 1 Turn, repeat) *Cannot ÔÇ£holdÔÇØ a charge. Can be overcharged for additional damage to target at cost of damage to wielder.
- Chainmail shirt: (+2 DEF)
- Wizards Staff (+2 Atk, 50% chance of knockback)[/tabs]
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:33 am

William will take the Ring of Water Form
"Hey I know Walks wants that armor..."
He will then attempt to get back over to the study and see about knocking the book case down.

If he can't...and there does not appear to be a false door behind it...William will go down levels and see if he can assist in rescuing the prisoners below...
Last edited by Quarg on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Righteous One takes the cloak and puts it on.

(That totally was not worth the destruction of my fire whip. Particularly after going through the work of making it usable. *glares at dm*)

Righteous one will close the chest and hope that locking it will reform the whip, but expects to be disappointed. Afterwards he will explore the now seemingly new area to the right?Nevermind, just saw the part where that's the study. He will loot the study of anything that hasn't been taken yet before heading down the tower.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:34 pm

► Show Spoiler
With the chests opened, Leaves No Trace heads out to the mermaid and gryphon to check they are now free. If not, he will investigate some way to free them. He puts the crystal heart away, to consult with higher powers later as to whether destroying it is the best course of action. With that all done, Leaves goes and finds Arnold, then they will meet up with the other goblins to divide the loot.
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:00 pm

► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:47 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Actually I know that both I and walks support diving up the goods at the end of the game....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:49 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Laughs will take a moment to tame his hair a bit and form it into flowing locks and a wise looking beard before putting on the wizard's hat and following the others down the tower. If he comes across anything lootable, even if it seems like it might be worthless, he'll take it. Because, loot.

He keeps it quick though... last time things started changing in the wizard's home, he started turning into wood...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Soars will run down the newly cleared staits and see if he can make it to the mermaid and gryphin to free them.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:24 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:47 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM: