Character Backgrounds (Lengthy)

For all Games related resources.
John
Converses Frequently

Character Backgrounds (Lengthy)

Post by John » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:15 am

For anyone who has ever wanted to create a roll to play, just completely random, look no further! The book "Heroes of Legend" by Paul Jaquays is a detailed, if not crazy long, background generator that is sure to create a very individual character for you to play.

I warn that both good and bad quirks can come of this, and it is very generic so a keen mind may be needed to convert your background bonuses into character stats. D&D 3.5 works pretty well. By no means is this the definitive method on how you should make all your characters, but if you need a fun new story please give it a try. I am going to make a Heroes of Legend Background Library in the community section for folks to post up their backgrounds.

I recommend choosing your own class and/or race just for the sake that otherwise you are very VERY limited. Then have some fun flavoring the background and make it work for you.

Give it a shot or maybe run a few of the online folks through it in one of your games. The resource is there if you'd like it. Just find the Link below

EDIT: Removed link to avoid any copyright infringement related to the forum. Simply google the book to find resources. It's totally fun.
Last edited by John on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

John
Converses Frequently

Re: Character Backgrounds (Lengthy)

Post by John » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:22 am

Also good for long term NPCs for DMs
Games:
► Show Spoiler