67%

Total votes: 9

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

August Art Contest

Post by Wolfie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:01 am

Good day Ladies, Gents, and Goblins of all kinds...

Beginning August 1st and running through Labor Day (Sept 2nd), there will be a Goblin's Art contest.

This one will be comic based.
You do not need to be an artist to participate, merely have access to MS Paint, Gimp, Photoshop, or another art program.

Update

Voting is now open! Pick your favorite!

Due to my schedule getting uber hectic (and email issues), I've extended the contest through this upcoming Monday.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Here are the rules:
  1. Take panels from Goblinscomic and rearrange them to make your own comic.
    1. You must re-word them.
    2. They can be from any part of the comic
    3. Have FUN
  2. You can PM Wolfie or email your comics any time from August 1-16th to AdminWolfie@goblinsforum.com
    1. I will upload the comics to my photobucket account and then post them in this thread so they stay anonymous.
  3. A poll will be posted for the forum to vote for their favorites. Voting will last for one week.
The winner will receive a custom title to bear with honor.

(NOTICE: Content subject to change until submissions begin on August 1st. Keep checking back.)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Re: August Art Contest

Post by Wolfie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:05 am

Submission 1:
[thumbnail]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g44 ... 6a883a.jpg[/thumbnail]

Submission 2:
[thumbnail]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g44 ... 4f5216.png[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g44 ... 82b4e4.png[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g44 ... 36e24d.png[/thumbnail]
[thumbnail]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g44 ... 1a800e.png[/thumbnail]

Submission 3:
[thumbnail]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g44 ... 2ac238.png[/thumbnail]

Submission 4:
[thumbnail]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g44 ... 59e1a6.jpg[/thumbnail]

Here are the submissions that I have. If you sent in something and it is not posted, please send me a PM. Click on the pictures to make them larger, as they are thumbnails. (I did this to save a little space)

Thank you

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Re: (Open for Entries) August Art Contest - Rearrange the Pa

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:14 am

I see the deadline is within 3 days. Still no entires? Or all will be posted at once to avoid copying?
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 am

Actually, there haven't been any entries yet... :(
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 am

I'm a bit too busy to make myself free to cut and paste, or write in the fanfic contest of WearsHats.... :(

I have them on my mind, and been actively looking through the comic for useable panels, but... :(
no real time to develop a story andput the work into it all. :(
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: (Now thru 8/23) August Art Contest - Rearrange the Panel

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Haha, Blind man here just noticed this, Could you extend the deadline further out, maybe, the end of August.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:45 pm

It seems like a bad time for contests. Or too many of them at the same time....
The "PDF giveaway" only had one contestant....
WearsHats' fanfic contest has one contestant so far, 1,5 days left.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:53 am

I did not even know there is a contest section in the Miscellaneous forum.
:zzz:

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:01 am

Wolfie wrote:[*]You can PM Wolfie or email your comics any time from August 1-16th to AdminWolfie@goblinsforum.com
  1. I will upload the comics to my photobucket account and then post them in this thread so they stay anonymous.
[*]A poll will be posted for the forum to vote for their favorites. Voting will last for one week. [/list]
Hmmm... I just tried to send an email to that address, but it immediately bounced back. I thought (based on the change in subject title of this thread), that the deadline was the 23rd. Not that I have a significant submission, just something I did awhile back... :)

Edit: Ok, I'll try PM (since it looks like I can attach a file there, too).

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Wolfie, I sent you a PM entry a long while ago, but never heard back. Did you get it?
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:19 am

Liesmith wrote:Wolfie, I sent you a PM entry a long while ago, but never heard back. Did you get it?
How did you attach the file? I got rejected when I tried that... :(

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:50 pm

I don't read anything of an attached file. Liesmith may just have sent a link to an image stored elsewhere, or a simple question....

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:08 pm

I'll post the entries tomorrow. I've been alternately sick and uber busy this week. Good luck to those who entered.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Liesmith » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25 pm

stevedj wrote:
Liesmith wrote:Wolfie, I sent you a PM entry a long while ago, but never heard back. Did you get it?
How did you attach the file? I got rejected when I tried that... :(
Krulle was right, I just linked it in my message. I tried every kind of file extension imaginable to attach it, but none of them were allowed, along with removing the extension entirely.

I'm guessing there's an extension whitelist for the forums somewhere that is currently empty.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:17 am

Me thinks you're simply not allowed to attach anything to the PM's.
But for technical reasons, the "upload attachment" tab is there, as the forum software uses the same modules to create PM's and posts, and only when uploading (or submitting) the result of the editor is checked for compliance of PM or post rules.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:53 am

Wolfie wrote:I'll post the entries tomorrow. I've been alternately sick and uber busy this week. Good luck to those who entered.
I am quite disappointed that you didn't respond to any messages or posts of issues sending you submissions. The email address was broken, and PM didn't allow attachments.

How, exactly, did you expect submissions?

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:40 am

It is possible to host your image at a place like photobucket, then include the image as an image tag in a PM.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:09 am

Yes... as TTW says...

Just as you would in a normal post. {img}http://imageshack.us/a/img845/1083/ivl4.png{/img}

(replace { and } with [ and ] like this (use quote to see it..)

This photo is hosted at http://imageshack.us if you dont like that you can also use Image both are easy to use and do not require registration (But it will give you some advantages if you register)
-Best regards LAYF

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:32 am

Wolfie, if people made entries but could not get them to you, then I for one hope that you will extend the contest so that they can get their entries to you.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:10 pm

I didn't have a "real" entry -- rather just wanted to pass along something I did some time ago (and posted to the old Forums). Didn't think it was big enough to warrant a true entry... but was surprised at how hard it is been to actually send it to him. Kinda makes me wonder if others had the same problem, and just quietly gave up?

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Liesmith » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Wolfie got back to me about my phantom entry, and I resent it. Wolfie, please let me know if you got it this time. If not, I'll try your email address next, I just didn't wnat to spam you.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:13 am

I hope I can see the stories before I go to holidays. :) Any progress in uploading them?
:zzz:

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Re: (Still Open) August Art Contest - Rearrange the Panels

Post by Wolfie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:57 am

The contest has been extended through this upcoming Monday and I've updated the available email address. It's my personal one, not the one provided through the forum. If you'd like to simply send me a link to your submission, if you've hosted it online, that will work as well.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies to everyone. I've been unable to get on to the forums due to personal reasons at home and extremely busy reasons at work. We're having ownership shifts at work and the extra workload has set me back nearly a week in what I need to get done that isn't a daily duty. I will work on getting the entries I have up either today or tomorrow and I hope that those of you who have submitted entries that have bounced or failed to get to me would resubmit them via the new email address provided. I know that one works.

Again guys (and gals) I'm really very sorry. I am so, so sorry.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:01 am

Glad to see you back Wolfie. The silence was worrysome. Hope it was just work and not permanent health. I think we all know life happens, so no problem on the delay.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:37 am

ThroughTheWell wrote:Glad to see you back Wolfie. The silence was worrysome. Hope it was just work and not permanent health. I think we all know life happens, so no problem on the delay.
Just work and life in general. It's Renn Faire season, so costumes had to be pulled from storage and/or made. Egos had to be stroked. Work load effectively doubled for a week and I'm just now able to draw a breath normally. Daughter's 5th birthday is coming up next week, so we've been planning that. Friend went to the hospital. and a whole list of other things all conspired to either keep me off the computer because I couldn't physically get to it or I was sick of looking at it.